PDA

View Full Version : Do you all think this is a step in the right direction?

bellamy
11-25-2008, 02:24 AM
I know the show has been on a while but I just caught up on my DVR and a question came to mind. Dirty Sexy Money has one of the stars not only dating but actually admiting to being in love with a ts woman. Now that may have been covered before but this one is played by a real ts star. So my question is do you ladies feel like this is a sugnifigant step towards your "lifestyle" being accept by the main stream?

Also is Ms. Cayne a pre or post op?

msbhaven
11-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes, I think this is a step in the right direction. At least a TS is being played by a TS. They have been showing TS characters on TV for years but they are almost always played by GGs, which is very annoying to me. When they introduced this character in the first episode I was afraid they were going to play her for laughs or as a running sight gag, but from what I can see they have been pretty respectful of the TS community with her. That is also a step in the right direction IMO.

I read somewhere that she is POST OP BTW.

BlackMath
11-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Publicly she is post-op.

Though I've heard on this board that privately, she is still pre-op.

Bigguy
11-25-2008, 08:10 PM
I think it is a step in the right direction. One bad thing I read recently is that ABC canceled the show.

jaycanuck
11-25-2008, 08:24 PM
My god she's beautiful. I've seen pictures before...but just had to say that. And I think it's a step in the right direction.

DL_NL
11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
She is indeed beautiful.

JonnyT
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
unfortunately the show has been canceled :cry:

TsJennifer
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
shes is a sweetheart as well!

msbhaven
11-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Hmmm,

I hadn't heard that the show had be cancelled. To be honest I haven't watched it since the pilot episode because, positive trangendered role model aside, it just wasn't very good. It's a real shame too because I think it had potential. Donald Sutherland is a great actor for instance and I have really enjoyed most of his films. The overall idea of the inside details of an elite family isn't a bad story premise but they had way to many hackneyed cliches written in to the storyline. Want examples? How about the priest son who was really an evil conniving rotten, cheating SOB, or the Paris Hilton wantabe daughter and son, or the daughter who led her husband around on a proverbial leash, the clueless matriarch, the Statte Attorney General, who is supposed to represent the family in the political and public world that has a dirty little secret, or the basic premise that rich people are evil, dirty, and sexy? The list goes on and on. It's like they took every plot devise from Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, and Knot's Landing, and tried to write them all in at once. The only plot twist that was truly new was the transgendered secret lover (played by a transgendered girl no less) instead of a gay lover. It's too bad that plotline and actress got stuck in with all this other schlock. It could have really opened some eyes in mainstream soceity if that storyline had been allowed to stay out in the public perception a bit longer.

msbhaven
11-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry, Double posted.

Realgirls4me
11-26-2008, 04:21 AM
Why was the show canceled? I thought it had started with very good ratings?

"Great"!

I missed "24", this show is canceled, and I also heard a rumor that possibly the best show on TV has also ended its run (Boston Legal). True?

Realgirls4me
11-26-2008, 04:23 AM
Double post. Sorry.