PDA

View Full Version : Guns and Roses have a new album...so anyone care hahaha

hwbs
11-23-2008, 08:52 PM
i think it is destined to flop...i heard they spent over 10 million to put out this album , lol....

Nyce maybe u can get some new karaoke material :lol:

DL_NL
11-23-2008, 08:59 PM
They didn't realise that they're history?

artemis2085
11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
It went from the biggest joke in the industry to finally happening. The problem is that he waited so long that now people are just kind of over it. Will it do well? Yes. Will it sell two million? No.

I also have a huge problem with him calling it GNR...

Bigguy
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
One good thing about the album being released is a free soda (http://techblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/11/dr-pepper-giving-away-free-sod.html).

Nowhere
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
i think it is destined to flop...i heard they spent over 10 million to put out this album , lol....

To be perfectly honest, no one really gives a sh*t, but as you can see Paul McCartney making utter crap 35 years after the Beatles broke up and still selling out concerts at $200 a seat, lots of people can't let go of the past, no matter how bad it's gotten.

I expect to sell EXACTLY on those terms. You'll get a million or so sold. They'll slightly edge out, say The Jonas Brothers. It'll be a fraction of what they did back in the day. They'll say "is this a comeback?" and people will buy the hype (but not any more albums than that). Axl will still wear his cornrows and plastic surgery and look like a freak.

Also, I did hear the album leaked. It was NOT good. It was mediocre, out of touch with the progression of music, and even if you exclude that, it would have been a notch worse than their worst, that spaghetti album (or whatever they called it).

So, yeah, be ready for the hype train, of which most people truly do not care...

MerriCait
11-23-2008, 09:23 PM
the spaghetti incident.

they've been making the new one (chinese democracy) for the last 10 years and its been due to get released at xmas every year since it started.

i'll believe its finished wen i see it in the shops lol

artemis2085
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM

To be perfectly honest, no one really gives a sh*t, but as you can see Paul McCartney making utter crap 35 years after the Beatles broke up and still selling out concerts at $200 a seat, lots of people can't let go of the past, no matter how bad it's gotten.

I expect to sell EXACTLY on those terms. You'll get a million or so sold. They'll slightly edge out, say The Jonas Brothers. It'll be a fraction of what they did back in the day. They'll say "is this a comeback?" and people will buy the hype (but not any more albums than that). Axl will still wear his cornrows and plastic surgery and look like a freak.

Also, I did hear the album leaked. It was NOT good. It was mediocre, out of touch with the progression of music, and even if you exclude that, it would have been a notch worse than their worst, that spaghetti album (or whatever they called it).

So, yeah, be ready for the hype train, of which most people truly do not care...

They absolutely will not outsell the new Jonas album (which is at 3 million).

And McCartney has made a couple of stinkers ('Flaming Pie' anyone?), but his post-Beatles output has had some incredible moments ('Flowers In The Dirt', 'Memory Almost Full')...

ottorocket
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I love their new album...finally some new metal from GNR and a breath of fresh air in a stale music industry

Nikka
11-23-2008, 11:23 PM
gonna buy it soon 8)

TSLoverUK999
11-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I love their new album...finally some new metal from GNR and a breath of fresh air in a stale music industry

I agree with you man, what I've heard on their myspace sounds pretty good, obviously not to the standard of their glory days but it still shits on the crap metal and rock thats being produce by a majority of bands today................with an exception to black tide who are fucking amazing !

artemis2085
11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
gonna buy it soon 8)

I'm sorry but I hate that damned cover...

Nowhere
11-24-2008, 01:14 AM

They absolutely will not outsell the new Jonas album (which is at 3 million).

And McCartney has made a couple of stinkers ('Flaming Pie' anyone?), but his post-Beatles output has had some incredible moments ('Flowers In The Dirt', 'Memory Almost Full')...

I'm talking the first week or two. Net, you are correct.

And, sorry, I do personally think everything he made post-beatles was complete crap, and as the years progressed, the worse he got. Not that it matters, but it's pretty obvious Lennon kept him in check from making whimp rock, and once that influence was gone, so was he.

longwave
11-24-2008, 03:19 AM
it's really, really bad. there's some songs that i maybe would've been into 7-8 years ago, had they released them then but now it's just pathetic.