PDA

View Full Version : A day w/o Fags

tsntx
11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
no its not the day all the men here get locked out lol

Day without a Gay- CALL IN GAY!

We are calling for a nationwide strike and economic boycott by all Gays and Lesbians AND OUR ALLIES, whether straight, bisexual or transgendered, on December 10th, 2008, International Human Rights Day. All across the United States starting at December 10th 2008 at 12am and ending December 11th, 2008 at 12am.

WHY SHOULD WE DO IT?

Because LGBT workers, buisness owners, consumers and taxpayers contribute over $700 billion to the U.S. economy each year and should not be treated as second class citizens.

Because general strikes and economic boycotts are a powerful weapon in the history of non-violent protests.

See http://www.

pbs. org/now/society/boycott. html.

For many of those protesters, their actions came at a cost, but we must be willing to make sacrifices to fight for equal rights, including the right to marry.

Because marriage should be a Right for all Americans, regardless of gender, race OR religion.

Because until ALL are equal, NONE are equal.

WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

Strike: call in gay, shut down your business, take the day off.

Boycott: don't buy anything or spend any money.

Participate: visit www. daywithoutagay. org for a list of volunteer and/or protest opportunities.

Communicate: we need everyones support! Get the word out.

Copy and paste this into your blogs, post it in a bulletin, or email it to everyone you know!

Time to take a stand and make a difference!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
so let me get this straight

you basically want all of

Hollywood
Broadway
Half the Congress
Half the Senate
30% of Worldwide Hip Hop Artists
90% of College Female Students worldwide
Some Bay Ridge & Boro Park diamond sellers
and Hillary Clinton

to not work for a day????

this I gotta see

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Good cause but wrong timing! With the economy being down, companies shutting down/downsizing and handing pink slips not to mention the highest unemployment rate ever! Everyone needs all the cash they can get and keep their jobs (if they still got one).

~Kisses.

HTG

Jericho
11-20-2008, 03:05 PM
It's as likely as a day without Tex calling someone a fag! :shrug

melissacarter
11-20-2008, 04:56 PM
I would love to participate in Gay Day but unfortunately I'll be sucking cock all day.

ed_jaxon
11-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I like the concept to raise awareness but the impact will be minimal.

People will not buy gas or food or clothes for a day but will purchase them on the 11th, thus negating the effect.

I think it would be far more potent to target specific businesses and bring them to their knees ala the Montgomery bus boycotts.

Change only comes when the pain threshold is crossed.

francisfkudrow
11-20-2008, 06:01 PM
I would love to participate in Gay Day but unfortunately I'll be sucking cock all day.

LOL... Lucky you!

scroller
11-20-2008, 06:02 PM
My guess is that calling everyone in the community "fags" will only hurt the prospect of overturning Prop 8.

phobun
11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
THis will probably be as successful as the day without a mexican boycott...

tsntx
11-20-2008, 09:28 PM
My guess is that calling everyone in the community "fags" will only hurt the prospect of overturning Prop 8.

fags is as much a word as any other derogatory word for a group of ppl

equal rights for everyone :wink:

blckhaze
11-20-2008, 09:30 PM
a wednesday?
damn, no three day weekend.

tsntx
11-20-2008, 09:30 PM
THis will probably be as successful as the day without a mexican boycott...

lol that was funny

the entire kitchen staff was 5 mins late to work that day at a resturant i worked at for a bit.... just as we all kinda thought they may not come a lil old body slug bug came by and all 10 of them got out

wakka wakka

Ts CinthyaNY
11-20-2008, 09:46 PM
We all have to see this! Would it be possible ?
Ok, December 10th, I am in, will tell to all my gay friends not to even suck cock that day...

lahabra1976
11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
My guess is its okay to suck cock that day, just as long as its not for money