PDA

View Full Version : T Girls Fo Pres.

calitxthug
08-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Are T girls more than sexual beings. Society tends to look at T girls as extremely sexual beings. I have talked to and hung out with T girls and I find most of them to have great "Normal" personalities, but they all still appear to lead to somethin sexual one way or another. This is not a horrible thing in my eyes. The deal is, I have never ran across a T girl who is into politics. I feel thats those who live this T girl lifestyle are constantly oppressed by society. This oppression is part of the reason why the lifestyle is so underground and taboo to most of society. Why do people continue to take this shyt? Is it apethy, is it fear, or is it that nobody ever shed some light on the issue? I am really into politics on my UCSB campus and I make films bout the BS that goes on in the World. One of the messages of a documentary I made, is that if we are going to try winning in this struggle, when one group struggles, we all struggle. Too many times, I have seen Black issues, Women issues, and queer issues brought up fo the fight, but I have yet to see success amongst the Transgendered communities. Is it time to step up? I'm willing to fight. Could we stop focusing on sex, who is on what, who is doin who, who is the sexiest, what happened to this girl, that girl. I am not trying to attack anybody and I apologize if I come of that way or if it appears that I am pointin the finger. I am bringin some things to light. Don't attack me please because we can't get anywhere like that. We could make some changes, but people gotta be on the sam page. Then, and only then could a movement like this be powerful enough to change things. I have led numerous rallies on my campus and they have all been successful. It is time to get bigger than this though. An annual parade isn't enough. People tend to look at things like that as a joke. Responses please.

Lafuerza
08-31-2005, 01:11 AM
Changing the views of mankind towards society have always taken more than just a 'step up'. Even after over 10,000 years Gay people are still branded as 'activists of a foul deed'. I'm not saying that TG's will suffer the same fate, but I'm guessing that it'll take a few hundred centuries before mankind is finally ready to deal with these 'situations' and blend them in with mainstream society.

The rise of neo-conservatism isn't helping either....but that
ll always be an ongoing cycle.

calitxthug
08-31-2005, 01:52 AM
Is that what we should do though. Shrugg sholdiers and say thats the way it is, thats the way its always been, thats the way it always will be. If we look back into our history, Blacks were always viewed as inferior beings who were made to be nothing, but slaves. Some Blacks had the attitude that this is how it is, thats the way its always gonna be, why try to change the minds of society. If it wasnt for Blacks who decided to STEP UP and take the lead on what could be considered close to a revolutionary change, Blacks would not of fought the way we are still fighting today. Blacks fight capitalism like never before. Take that into consideration please and thanks fo yo reply.

Ecstatic
08-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Are T girls more than sexual beings. Society tends to look at T girls as extremely sexual beings. I have talked to and hung out with T girls and I find most of them to have great "Normal" personalities, but they all still appear to lead to somethin sexual one way or another. This is not a horrible thing in my eyes. The deal is, I have never ran across a T girl who is into politics. I feel thats those who live this T girl lifestyle are constantly oppressed by society. This oppression is part of the reason why the lifestyle is so underground and taboo to most of society. Why do people continue to take this shyt? Is it apethy, is it fear, or is it that nobody ever shed some light on the issue? I am really into politics on my UCSB campus and I make films bout the BS that goes on in the World. One of the messages of a documentary I made, is that if we are going to try winning in this struggle, when one group struggles, we all struggle. Too many times, I have seen Black issues, Women issues, and queer issues brought up fo the fight, but I have yet to see success amongst the Transgendered communities. Is it time to step up? I'm willing to fight. Could we stop focusing on sex, who is on what, who is doin who, who is the sexiest, what happened to this girl, that girl. I am not trying to attack anybody and I apologize if I come of that way or if it appears that I am pointin the finger. I am bringin some things to light. Don't attack me please because we can't get anywhere like that. We could make some changes, but people gotta be on the sam page. Then, and only then could a movement like this be powerful enough to change things. I have led numerous rallies on my campus and they have all been successful. It is time to get bigger than this though. An annual parade isn't enough. People tend to look at things like that as a joke. Responses please.

Well said, Calixthug (though hard to read with your sig photo stretching the page so wide). Kudos to you for speaking up. Girls will have to speak for themselves. It is a hard life and maybe they just don't feel sufficiently empowered politically. Or maybe there's too much else in their lives.

Lafuerza
08-31-2005, 03:39 AM
Calitxthug, unfortunately you don't get my point. I agree with you that one has to do something to change the attitude towads TG's. I was just trying to say that I thnk it's wrong to expect that those actions will have a significant effect on the views of the majority towards them.

I see the emancipation of blacks as something different. Although it is not completely over yet, it was a relatively more easy task than emancipating gays and transgenders. Lastnamed people are downplayed by every ethnic culture on the planet, while blacks are just people with a different colour.

Blacks were initially only discriminated against because it was convenient for white people so A) white people would eventually believe they're better than black people and B) Black people would eventually think they're a lesser kind of people. It evolved to a more evil form of racism but was initially just good for the slave trade. It was a way to keep the slaves from seeing themselves equal to the whites and thus to keep them at work.

After various abolitions of slavery the black had to struggle their way to the position they find themselves in now, but that was caused by obstacles that white men had created. Most of them got to know how ridiculous that actually was and well, the rest is history.

Transgenderism is a tougher issue though. It's not just an ethnic issue but an issue on a global scale. Every ethnic culture has their own imagination of an ideal society, in most cases that image has been there for centuries with not too many alterations. A Gay person or a Transgendered person does not fit in in that traditional image. In most cases it's due to the local religion, while in other cases it's based on a conservative image due to ignorance (Like as you said, that most transsexual would be in the sex industry or have AIDS or something.).

To change one man's mind is a hard thing in itself, but to change the mind of thousands of ethnic cultures is too difficult to achieve in a lifetime. Maybe even a hundred lifetimes won't be sufficient.

We have the advantage though that we live in a time where there are at least some places in the world were any person can live the life that they desire. And maybe someday all people will learn to respect that; until then we'll have to cherish what we have and fight the prejudice step by step.........it's all we can do for now.

I wish you luck with your battle though, and hope that you'll have some success.