blows ur crappy iphones away

http://estore.vzwshop.com/storm/?cid=BAC-prodrsch

getting mine in a week

luv4Tgirls
11-18-2008, 05:44 PM
I want one

goldensamba
11-18-2008, 09:22 PM
i just watched the guided tour in the link you provided, and i gotta say as an iphone user, its a pretty cool phone however im not very impressed, for the most part it does everything the iphone does but in a 2nd rate way. Granted its got a few things that it does that beats the iphone like the better camera and it can take video and send mms texts, all 3 things that im sure will be available on the next version of the iphone in a far superior way. But the big picture that most of you non iphone users aren't getting is the apps. Its all about the apps.

You don't know blackberries very well if you think there are no apps around. Because the platform has been around longer there are tons more apps.

What exactly does it do in a second rate way? I know the keyboard is leaps and bounds better (I actually had a storm demo phone for a week recently). It still blows the iPhone away as far as security and messaging which is why the iPhone and made no inroads into the corporate marketplace The Sorm as a good move by RIM to moe more into the consumer market with a real multimedia phone and they have done a bang up job so far.

If the iPhone was so good here wouldn't be class action suits against Apple right now due to the cracked housing and crappy 3G capability.

Don't knock the new device until you try it.

Remy757Photog
11-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I grabbed the 2nd Iphone upgrading from my trusted Palm Treo I had, I was wary of and still don't like the limited capabilities on the Iphone of some features that have always come standard on Palm and Blackberry devices. I personally have gone with Palm over the Blackberry but I do admit the Blackberry client base is on lock and this new Storm does exactly what they want + so much more. Blackberry has always been big on apps as well as Palm. I've looked at the specs of the "Storm" and if I had Verizon this would be the phone to have as I do think it's superior in many critical areas. The only cons I have with the "Storm" is the lack of wi-fi and small memory size (yes, I'm aware that you can purchase additional memory).

Im waiting for C/Net to give an extensive hands on review, I would like to see how the internet experince really is, not just how the company tries to sell it. I doubt the 3rd Iphone will fix issues I dislike with it. I've also played with a couple phones that have the "Touch Feedback" ability and it's very awesome and will serve "Storm" well.

luv2playwithTgirls
11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, I'm a Crackberry user and am relatively happy with the phone, but my big issue with it is that the web browser is incapable of displaying a website without reformatting it. Hopefully the new phones are better (mine is only just over a year old), but the IPhone seemes to have crackberry beat hands down on this one.

barefootjoe69
11-18-2008, 11:38 PM
I never been an "Apple Guy" always went the windows route because of the flexibility with hardware and software. I know Apple people love thier computers so with this in mind I decided to give the Iphone a try. I love this phone now, my friend bought a blackberry at the same time I got the iphone and now whenever we are together and she needs to look something up on the internet or get directions or a phone number she asks me to use my Iphone because it is so much easier to use. I tease her all the time about it.
Also 99% of my apps that I use are free.
Just my thoughts on this. I know Everybody has different tastes.

tsntx
11-19-2008, 12:02 AM
i thought it had wifi? in the intro it showed the storm hooked to a laptop so u could use the phone as modem

im not a comp nerd at all so if i got that wrong... explain plz :D

longwave
11-19-2008, 01:24 AM
i have verizon and was trying to decide what i want to get when my contract is up in february and was looking at the lg voyager or something else with a touchscreen but they didn't have great reviews so i figure i'll just go all out and get this.

barefootjoe69
11-19-2008, 01:38 AM
i thought it had wifi? in the intro it showed the storm hooked to a laptop so u could use the phone as modem

Ok, Wifi allows you to access the internet through a wireless network as opposed to using a cellular signal to access the internet. Starbucks has WiFi in their shops. So say for instance you are in a Starbucks and you have a very week cell phone signal, you would be able to surf the net using the WiFi instead.
The second thing you brought up is connecting the phone to a laptop. This is called tethering. Basically what it does is allow the laptop to use your cell phone as a modem. You have to have a signal for this to work.

You won't need WiFi as much if you consistently have a very good 3G cell phone signal but if you don't the WiFi comes in handy.

Hope this helps.

Remy757Photog
11-21-2008, 09:04 AM

Ok, Wifi allows you to access the internet through a wireless network as opposed to using a cellular signal to access the internet. Starbucks has WiFi in their shops. So say for instance you are in a Starbucks and you have a very week cell phone signal, you would be able to surf the net using the WiFi instead.
The second thing you brought up is connecting the phone to a laptop. This is called tethering. Basically what it does is allow the laptop to use your cell phone as a modem. You have to have a signal for this to work.

You won't need WiFi as much if you consistently have a very good 3G cell phone signal but if you don't the WiFi comes in handy.

Hope this helps.

Plus Wi-fi is faster than 3G which is very helpful when there is a Hotspot. If I'm not at home or in hotel I turn 'Wi-fi' to save battery energy. Prior to getting the Iphone I would have never considered Wi-fi to be a 'make or break' feature, but now that I have it and use it quite often I could never go w/o it.

Still if you already have Verizon, the Storm is THE phone to have. I've played with the Voyager and wasn't impressed, I've never been a big fan of LG. I do like that you can change the battery yourself with the 'Storm', I much rather keep an extra battery in a pocket than what Im forced to do and carry a charger cable everywhere I go.

If you have the option to choose your carrier then go with the service and phone that works best for You. I ride my motorcycle nearly everyday, so being able to have 14gb of HD space on the Iphone is a big + and don't have to worry about carrying multiple devices. I've had the same plan for 6 years now $50 unlimited voice + $30 unlimited data so I have a better deal than a lot of Iphone users. Verizon may offer better plans and pretty much has the better coverage for 3G.

ARMANIXXX
11-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I've got the IPhone 3G and a Blackberry that's still in the box.

I'll stick with AT&T though since I don't like contracts and am not in one.

tsntx
11-21-2008, 09:47 AM
my vrzn plan is really awesome i have unlimited everything for $100

plus i get discounts and special offers for having a "teacher/ state employee acct"

phobun
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Blackberries, dingleberries, it's all shit.

lupinIII
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
It looks good, I think in terms of features most other smartphones are always going to be better than the iPhone because of Apple's tight as fuck policies, and somewhat retarded shortcomings, (copy and paste anyone?) But I gotta say that Apple still holds the lead in the pretty factor. I still look at my iPod Touch and think, "goddamn those Apple industrial designers have their shit together". I then resist the temptation to lick the frickin' thing.

javaikky
11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
It's all about the apps for me.

While the Blackberry has some apps, it has nothing near the level that the App store (iphone) offers.

I have a work issued Blackberry, and my own personal IPhone, 70% of the time my BB is collecting dust. It just doesn't do it for me.

chromeheart44m
11-21-2008, 02:54 PM
BlackBerry Storm review: Inelegant touch screen doesn't live up to the hype
I am a crackberry addict and even I have to say the storm is a buncha hype. it appears they rushed to match the release of the bold which is superior in every way. no wifi no dedicated gps clunky clicking typing feature. but by all means rush out and get one!

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/11/blackberry_storm.html

Faldur
11-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I'll keep my iphone .. thks.. :)

melissacarter
11-21-2008, 04:12 PM

Blackberries, dingleberries, it's all shit.

I disagree. I have the Blackberry Pearl 8130, I get the whole world on my phone: texts, calls, emails (and not just major servers like yahoo, I get my individual melissacarter.net emails sent directly though with alerts), and unlimited broadband so I can read all your cynical messages on HA.

I have no laptop, don't really need one when I'm traveling, I get everything I need including GPS navigation through my phone.

SweetDave
11-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I went to get one this morning, They had more tha enough for me to get one but as soon as I got my hands on one I walked away from it.
It has a crappy plastic screen that I am sure will fail.
I dont even have an iphone but i do have an ipod touch, and I would still rather carry around my old crappy motorola SLVR as well as my touch than waste my money on the new blackberry.

SweetDave
11-21-2008, 06:24 PM
^ And I am not trying to burn on anybody that is getting one or wants one I am just giving my hands on review after playing with one for 10 minutes.

MrsKellyPierce
11-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Hingshing is addicted lol

kukm4
11-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Video Tour of the Storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IRVs4hXDIU

tsntx
11-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Video Tour of the Storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IRVs4hXDIU

whats with the avatar asshole?

tsntx
11-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Hingshing is addicted lol

his avatar is addicting to look at

TheGuard
11-22-2008, 05:02 AM
There's a good reason for the exclusion of the wifi, and it's for security reasons regarding access to company intranet and email. There are other reasons, but wifi prohibits the iphone to access our network, even with a secure id.

imwithstupid
11-22-2008, 09:34 AM
oh there is definately mms and video recorder on the iPhone, i have it on my original one. You just gotta know where to look :P. Copy and Paste is overrated unless you use the browser extensively. The App store is what makes the iPhone better than the blackberry. Google voice search on the iPhone beats Blackberry anyday. Minus the blackberry push service, iPhone can do every thing the storm can do plus more. Plus the touch screen button slows down typing you can only press one at a time which sucks.

ARMANIXXX
11-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Maybe this might sound corny,

But I think buying American trumps any Blackberry.......especially right now.

APPLE > Rim

My take.

:soapbox

ARMANIXXX
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh yeah....

I forgot this:

8)

big_red3445
11-23-2008, 07:01 AM
i just watched the guided tour in the link you provided, and i gotta say as an iphone user, its a pretty cool phone however im not very impressed, for the most part it does everything the iphone does but in a 2nd rate way. Granted its got a few things that it does that beats the iphone like the better camera and it can take video and send mms texts, all 3 things that im sure will be available on the next version of the iphone in a far superior way. But the big picture that most of you non iphone users aren't getting is the apps. Its all about the apps.

took the words right out of my mouth...i have an iphone 3g...greatest phone i've ever had, hands down! i also tried out the g1 and it wus exactly the same as the way u described the storm to the iphone...2nd rate

tsntx
11-23-2008, 07:59 AM
i went to go get my storm today....

played with it for a couple mins.....

POS

didnt spend $500 to get it

pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos

pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos

pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos

pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos
pos

lupinIII
11-23-2008, 11:29 AM
So...

You didn't like it much?

tsntx
11-23-2008, 12:09 PM
eh no not really

im going to just use my insurance on my voyager and get the 2nd version of the blackberry when its updated and not such a pos