PDA

View Full Version : T-Girls with siblings

sockmonkey
11-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Here's an interesting question, and one that I'd love to hear stories about:

At what point did they stop thinking of you as their brother and start thinking of you as their sister, if they even do?

tommy001
11-15-2008, 05:07 PM
That would be interesting to hear. Tgirls go through so much i didn't think about that question

TsVanessa69
11-15-2008, 06:12 PM
In my case, my sister went out of her way to do things to get me in trouble when we were growing up. She was never accepting of me. I went on with my life and she went on with hers. Both of our parents have passed on, and I never dealt with her after their passings. I just assumed she hated me. Then 2 years ago, she contacted me through other family members and talked to me as if nothing ever happened. I accepted that, and am grateful that at least now she finally respects me, and accepts me as her sister. I have 8 neices and nephews, and eventually I will meet them all. It sucks that we as ts are pushed out of family life. I'm just grateful she came to accept me, and that she is not ashamed of me anymore.

MrsKellyPierce
11-15-2008, 06:31 PM
None of my family was surprised at all. They started treating me as a girl at age 12 but it wasn't really a transition of how they treated me before just changed the pronouns and the name lol

melissacarter
11-15-2008, 08:00 PM
My younger sister and older brother address me as Melissa and "she". My younger brother and older sister, both devoutly religious, do not and it is not surprising we do not speak.

Some of you know my family history from previous stories, it ain't pretty. They would rather I stayed a guy and been miserable I do believe. On the other hand, I did transition later than most so their difficulty in accepting is understandable.

flabbybody
11-15-2008, 08:29 PM
the devoutly religious always amaze me. we all have these cretins in our family. they claim special insight into understanding God's will but are the biggest assholes when it comes to intolerance and bigotry.

btw, my relatives who are religious all voted for McCain.
and they were very vocal about it a Jewish holiday get-together in September.
they felt Obama was somehow going to threaten their way of life. that basically says it all

melissacarter
11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
the devoutly religious always amaze me. we all have these cretins in our family. they claim special insight into understanding God's will but are the biggest assholes when it comes to intolerance and bigotry.

btw, my relatives who are religious all voted for McCain.
and they were very vocal about it a Jewish holiday get-together in September.
they felt Obama was somehow going to threaten their way of life. that basically says it all

Like you flabby, I am the sole democrat in a conservative Jewish family. I'm sure you'll understand when I say, in the name of almighty God I'm going to hell.

layedback
11-15-2008, 09:36 PM
:roll:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Here's an interesting question, and one that I'd love to hear stories about:

At what point did they stop thinking of you as their brother and start thinking of you as their sister, if they even do?

When they witness me going out with men. My dad took even longer though he eventually gets it now! lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Alyssa87
11-16-2008, 09:29 AM
early on. before i was even on hormones.

shes a lil bitch, and i dont really like her, but she respects the t.

NoSay
11-16-2008, 03:47 PM
early on. before i was even on hormones.

shes a lil bitch, and i dont really like her, but she respects the t.

Wow strong hate

Celeste
11-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Right away. I am very lucky. Im from a small town, with a VERY close knit, religious family. My WHOLE family took to it, with no problems.

sockmonkey
11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
There are some very interesting anecdotes here; thanks to all for participating.

An open follow-up question to everyone: those of you whose families were less supportive of your transition, or even unabashedly opposed to it, did you have difficulty fitting in with your families prior to beginning your life as a woman? In other words, was there a "black sheep" element to your lives throughout your formative years, or did the disharmony stem from the nature of your gender identity? How many of you identified yourselves as gay men before making the switch to being straight women? What was the point at which your siblings/families stopped assuming you were heterosexual males, and how did that affect your relationships with them?