PDA

View Full Version : The Great Southern California ShakeOut!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 08:33 AM
http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object3/995/121/l14879078727_3498.jpg

http://media.shakeout.org/images/why_now_shaking.png

The Great Southern California ShakeOut

At 10 a.m. on November 13, join millions of people throughout Southern California in the ShakeOut Drill, the largest earthquake preparedness activity in U.S. history! Please register today.

http://www.shakeout.org/register/

http://www.dropcoverholdon.org/

:P

~Kisses.

HTG[/img]

Willie Escalade
11-13-2008, 08:37 AM
I really should do this, but I'll be on the 5 north heading to work at that time. :?

Willie Escalade
05-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Well...those of us here in the Los Angeles area just experienced the real thing! Yikes! :o

Dino Velvet
05-18-2009, 05:46 AM
Well...those of us here in the Los Angeles area just experienced the real thing! Yikes! :o

I felt it but my cat slept right through it.

HTG, have you gotten used to our earthquakes yet? Sure beats a Minnesota winter.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 07:25 AM

OMG! That was scary. I felt it too! I thought there was a bulldozer or something that hit the house next door! :shock:

Does anyone know what intensity it wasD

~Kisses.

HTG

SarahG
05-18-2009, 07:28 AM
4.7 according to AP wire.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 07:48 AM

I felt it but my cat slept right through it.

HTG, have you gotten used to our earthquakes yet? Sure beats a Minnesota winter.

Yes Dino, I have. The PI actually has lots of earthquake growing up plus, plenty of tropical depression, flooding, mudlside etc. And I'm not kidding.

Thanks SarahG!

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

BLKGSXR
05-18-2009, 09:34 AM
that shit felt like someone tapped my shoulder.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 09:41 AM

lol It felt like I was in the land of the giant! :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

BLKGSXR
05-18-2009, 09:45 AM

lol It felt like I was in the land of the giant! :lol:

~Kisses.

HTGFricken ants -_- lol
No seriously I was watching tv and I saw my beer Ripple at the top.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Ha! I thought I wanted to pee! lol

That was long too. I think the 3rd or 4th this year?

~Kisses.

HTG

BLKGSXR
05-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Ive lived in cali my whole life earthquakes grow on ya after the first few...the thing I will always hate are fires...extremely inconvienient, way more than any earthquake weve had in our lifetimes.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Ive lived in cali my whole life earthquakes grow on ya after the first few...the thing I will always hate are fires...extremely inconvienient, way more than any earthquake weve had in our lifetimes.

That's why I don't live in the bondocs! lol ;)

I love my new place..not much lush forestry.

~Kisses.

HTG

BLKGSXR
05-18-2009, 10:00 AM

~Kisses.

HTGuhm I live in white burbs....out here off the 210 got might krispy last year.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 10:09 AM

~Kisses.

HTGuhm I live in white burbs....out here off the 210 got might krispy last year.

Still, IF there was fire..it could easily eat up acres and acres and spread and burn burb houses, no?

~Kisses.

HTG

BLKGSXR
05-18-2009, 10:11 AM

~Kisses.

Still, IF there was fire..it could easily eat up acres and acres and spread and burn burb houses, no?

~Kisses.
No comment -_-....
shit would be eaten for breakfast.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 10:14 AM

~Kisses.

~Kisses.

HTGNo comment -_-....
shit would be eaten for breakfast.

lol :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Dengoza
05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
I was listening to music really loud and I thought my neighbor upstairs was pounding the floor and didnt like my sub-woofers but then I realized it was something else entirely. I did talk to a friend who was close to epicenter and a lot of things broke in their house... Any earthquake brings up the trauma of the Northridge one I was in in 94 - that was no joke. At least fire you see it coming...

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I was listening to music really loud and I thought my neighbor upstairs was pounding the floor and didnt like my sub-woofers but then I realized it was something else entirely. I did talk to a friend who was close to epicenter and a lot of things broke in their house... Any earthquake brings up the trauma of the Northridge one I was in in 94 - that was no joke. At least fire you see it coming...

Glad you're ok sweety. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

LTR_Seeker
05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
glad i live in middle america but then wet tornadoes that just tear your house off foundation lol

hippifried
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/Los_Angeles.htm