PDA

View Full Version : USA's First Transgender Mayor!!!

Beagle
11-09-2008, 03:51 AM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/34147009.html

Of course, the important question is... Is he hung? I think a bit more blush and some eye makeup would make all the difference, don't you think?

Beagle
11-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Ahhh.... She looks a lot better here...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6211839&page=1

Nowhere
11-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Well, it's a double-edged sword.

She both reinforces the MANNISH older unpassable "Transamerica" stereotype (which seem to be extreme fetishists, IMO), and crosses a barrier. I guess in light of all of the marriage bans, this has to be a good thing, even to a lesser degree.

msbhaven
11-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Anybody read the comments section? Some of them just make me want to cry with frustration and rage that there are so many ignorrant hateful people in the world. .

tsntx
11-09-2008, 07:34 AM
a ts walks into a salon and says "hi im going to be on national news and other forms of media later today.... what can you do for a $1.75?"

wtf

why do ALL the ts's, like someone else said "extreme fetishists", over 45 have such god awful hair?
why is the brillo pad look so popular w/ these ppl?

its called a blowdryer, styling products, flat iron, curling iron, hot rollers.... ANYTHING!!?!??

there is no excuse for this
if youre going to do something to get national media coverage... you should go out looking your best.... not 'i rolled outta bed and these are some of my wifes clothes i was able to squeeze into and i used this sharpie to do my lipstick"

i dont know how to merge two pics together but if you put sarah palins perfectly coiffed hair on this mayors head... shed be ... well... it would be an improvement ;)

longwave
11-09-2008, 07:40 AM
a ts walks into a salon and says "hi im going to be on national news and other forms of media later today.... what can you do for a $1.75?"

wtf

why do ALL the ts's, like someone else said "extreme fetishists", over 45 have such god awful hair?

its called a blowdryer, styling products, flat iron, curling iron, hot rollers.... ANYTHING!!?!??

if youre going to do something to get national media coverage... you should go out looking your best.... not 'i rolled outta bed and these are some of my wifes clothes i was able to squeeze into and i used this sharpie to do my lipstick"

i dont know how to merge two pics together but if you put sarah palins perfectly coiffed hair on this mayors head... shed be ... well... it would be an improvement ;)

:lol:

phobun
11-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Of course, the important question is... Is he hung?

Dood, you're fucked up.

phobun
11-09-2008, 07:49 AM

wtf

Hilarious. The sad thing is that some of the desperate pervs around here are probably spankin' it to pictures of the mayor, and only lament the lack of cock shots.

whatsupwithat
11-09-2008, 07:52 AM
He's a transvestite, not a transsexual. Under the "transgender" umbrella, yes, but he calls himself a "dude", a "heterosexual white male".

All of this just adds to the confusion of people out there of what exactly is a transsexual or what is transgender.

btw, this is not to diminish the pure awesomeness of his accomplishment! :)

phobun
11-09-2008, 07:55 AM
He's a transvestite, not a transsexual. Under the "transgender" umbrella, yes, but he calls himself a "dude", a "heterosexual white male".

All of this just adds to the confusion of people out there of what exactly is a transsexual or what is transgender.
Aren't you transsexual?

blckhaze
11-09-2008, 07:57 AM

thats what I though i read.
crazy

whatsupwithat
11-09-2008, 08:13 AM

Aren't you transsexual?

in the actual definition of the term? no. but i did want to open up a debate once about how the terms heterosexual, bisexual, and homosexual all pertained to sexuality, and how transsexual would seem to fall in line with those if it were applied to sexuality instead of gender.

MrsKellyPierce
11-09-2008, 08:34 AM
I saw something about it, either way its nice to have a town with such an open mind.

dgs925
11-09-2008, 08:34 AM

If I read correctly, this is a cross-dresser with breast implants - so I don't know what label to apply. I'll just call him a dude - which is what he calls himself.

Has anyone else seen the movie "A Mighty Wind"? This guy is a like the Harry Shearer character at the end.

Edit: just captured this image from the movie, see the resemblance?

whatsupwithat
11-09-2008, 08:36 AM

If I read correctly, this is a cross-dresser with breast implants - so I don't know what label to apply. I'll just call him a dude.

That's what he calles himself...a dude.

whatsupwithat
11-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I saw something about it, either way its nice to have a town with such an open mind.

In 100% agreement with you there. It's pretty cool. We need more towns like this in the world.

TsVanessa69
11-09-2008, 06:23 PM

You are so right. On another ts forum we saw more indepth interviews with this person. It made me sick to my stomach. In what I read, he is a heterosexual male who has a girlfriend, who went thru a mid-life crisis and wanted cleavege so he bought some. Disgusting. Thats bad for those of us who spend our whole lives trying to not be seen as a joke, now this shit!

TsVanessa69
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
This from another article:

Rasmussen is a heterosexual man but says he likes to dress as a woman. He has breast implants, long red hair, and wears high heels and skirts. "I identify mostly as a heterosexual male. But I just like to look like a female,” he explains."Some guys' mid-life crisis is motorcycles or sports cars or climbing mountains or trophy wives or whatever. I always wanted cleavage, so I went out and acquired some."

Justawannabe
11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I have to admit, I'm always troubled by the venom slung at folks who aren't on the same path around here by some folks.

Being transsexual is not a holy calling, it's a personal journey.

It amazes me how much time is spent trying to say 'I'm not THAT guy!' around here. Folks essentially saying that the world is right to despise folks who can't fit in under the two gender system, and desperately pointing to someone else farther off the beacon screaming 'he's the one to despise! Not me, I'm trying to be just like you!'

He's certainly not my cup of tea, but what is worth calling him disgusting?

Sean

DL_NL
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
First: kudos to the people who didn't discriminate him for being what he is. I hope that's a signal for others to open their minds.

Second: I understand why T-girls might be pissed off by this man. However, I don't think he's mocking anyone. He's just living his dream.

Let's not judge each other for preferences, there are lots of shades between black and white.

whatsupwithat
11-09-2008, 11:47 PM
I have to admit, I'm always troubled by the venom slung at folks who aren't on the same path around here by some folks.

Being transsexual is not a holy calling, it's a personal journey.

It amazes me how much time is spent trying to say 'I'm not THAT guy!' around here. Folks essentially saying that the world is right to despise folks who can't fit in under the two gender system, and desperately pointing to someone else farther off the beacon screaming 'he's the one to despise! Not me, I'm trying to be just like you!'

He's certainly not my cup of tea, but what is worth calling him disgusting?

Sean

it's not even close to disgusting. whatever people are into, they're into. i'm all for it. lets be true to ourselves as individuals. i think it's beautiful the path he is on, that he's found love and acceptance, and awesome that a town chose to elect him as mayor.

my only hesitation with it all is the confusion it might sow in a binary society that still can't wrap its head around the terms transgender, transsexual, transvestite, etc...there's a lot of ignorance (and i don't mean that badly) out there. when we are just starting go past the "dude looks like lady" meme along comes someone who looks like a lady and calls himself a "dude". ack!

i need to stop thinking so much...

;)

tsntx
11-10-2008, 12:13 AM
never stop thinking and saying what you think e

timxxx
11-10-2008, 12:57 AM
It made me sick to my stomach. In what I read, he is a heterosexual male who has a girlfriend, who went thru a mid-life crisis and wanted cleavege so he bought some. Disgusting. Thats bad for those of us who spend our whole lives trying to not be seen as a joke, now this shit!

Why disgusting & why so judgmental ?

Trust me,if it was put to a public vote of 'nomal' people,who was more disgusting him or you,my money
would on you winning that election.

As for tsntx,the customary shollow shit.

menacingmethods86
11-10-2008, 01:58 AM
"I am a dude," he said. "I am a heterosexual male who appears to be a female."

that's one ugly mannish female :lol:

TsVanessa69
11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
It made me sick to my stomach. In what I read, he is a heterosexual male who has a girlfriend, who went thru a mid-life crisis and wanted cleavege so he bought some. Disgusting. Thats bad for those of us who spend our whole lives trying to not be seen as a joke, now this shit!

Why disgusting & why so judgmental ?

Trust me,if it was put to a public vote of 'nomal' people,who was more disgusting him or you,my money
would on you winning that election.

As for tsntx,the customary shollow shit.
Thats you opinion. As a ts, and having discussed this very same subject with ts around the country and on ohther forums, we all were not hating on the fact he is who he is, nor do we down what he does. We just feel that when people see that they see what we have combated for so long. Yes he fits under the transgendered umberalla, but is definatly NOT a transexual. A crossdresser who went too far.

Justawannabe
11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I agree with you Vanessa, he is a painful stereotype for the TS community.

But you initial post didn't really talk about that, it called him disgusting, which is pretty pejorative, whatever you may say about not being down on what he is doing.

The question I have for you, and the other TSs around the country you have talked to, is why sling the insults at this guy, or folks like him, when your real problem is that the public lumps you in to the same category? Shouldn't you be complaining about society, not him?

Sean

Nowhere
11-17-2008, 04:28 AM

But you initial post didn't really talk about that, it called him disgusting, which is pretty pejorative, whatever you may say about not being down on what he is doing.

The question I have for you, and the other TSs around the country you have talked to, is why sling the insults at this guy, or folks like him, when your real problem is that the public lumps you in to the same category? Shouldn't you be complaining about society, not him?

Sean

Why do people never get it?

Guys like him DELEGITIMIZE the incredible effort must truly trans girls make in order to be what they actually are. They re-enforce the stereotype of the 'bearded lady' and, in grouping him together with tgirls, make them all be just 'freaks' to the rest of the wold, instead of an innate condition of gender identity.

That's why it's disgusting. It's disgusting that the mayor is so self-centered to not even care about him being representative of the community and the impact of his actions.

You do realize that every single time the 'freak' stereotype is re-enforced, that psychologically lays justification in the minds of so many people who murder or "get violent with" tgirls since it completely dehumanizes them, right?

And, this really is not a 'gray area.' A gray area would be like what the Ziggy Stardust era in the 70s was, where people crafted an attractive androgynous image (or if you want to use something modern, the 'clubkids' thread). The mayor is pretty much like an old man, with decades of bodily masculization slapping on a brillo wig, earrings and implants and saying "why are you so shocked?"

In posting what I did earlier, I saw the ability of people to look beyond even that, progress - but it doesn't mean the mayor wasn't simultaneously doing damage himself.

dc_guy_75
11-17-2008, 04:54 AM
She's actually the second transgendered mayor...

Nowhere
11-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Get it through your thick skulls. HE is not a transgender woman. He is a GUY, a DUDE, a MAN who likes to crossdress. The two of you and Vanessa don't seem to get it.

Why do people never get it?

Guys like him DELEGITIMIZE the incredible effort must truly trans girls make in order to be what they actually are. They re-enforce the stereotype of the 'bearded lady' and, in grouping him together with tgirls, make them all be just 'freaks' to the rest of the wold, instead of an innate condition of gender identity.

Hence the reason I used 'he' throughout my entire second post, knowing further information.. :roll:

YOU don't get the fact that people, especially through the media, group HIM together with tgirls. That was the entire point of my post.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

muhmuh
11-17-2008, 02:41 PM

quite the opposite
if she or he.... the mayor can get full acceptance a much less out there situation like a "normal" ts should have a much easier time