PDA

View Full Version : MY FIRST SINGLE IS NOW ON MYSPACE " Man Toy "

Danielle Foxx
11-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Hello everyone,

It has been quite a while since I posted in this hell hole LOL Well Well Well... here I am again trying to promote yet another adventure in my life.

I just finished the demo on my first CD single " Man Toy " written in colaboration with your's truly, my BFF Felicia Katt.

If you have a Myspace page please add it to your profile and help me spread the word on this song, that's if you like it, ofcorse.

I will be performing it live at the Queen Universe Pageant this Sunday at 7p which will take place at the Circus Disco in Hollywood CA right on Santa Monica Blvd.

Show some love to the gorgeous contestants and come support your local transgender community

Kisses

XOXO

www.myspace.com/daniellefoxxmusik (note the K in musi"k" )

trannybanger
11-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Not my type of music, but it isn't bad. Has an 80s feel, you should go ahead and try and take it to Europe, it will fly here more easily

thx1138
11-07-2008, 11:04 PM
I liked it. Your voice needs that echo effect I hear frequently.

Danielle Foxx
11-07-2008, 11:10 PM
It's a Demo and it was made by me in a few hrs on my MacBook Pro with a $40 program so.... Europe here I come, or Santa Monica Blvd. will work for now tee hee

I will be posting the video of my performance on youtube and will keep you all informed.

Solitary Brother
11-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Hello everyone,

It has been quite a while since I posted in this hell hole LOL Well Well Well... here I am again trying to promote yet another adventure in my life.

I just finished the demo on my first CD single " Man Toy " written in colaboration with your's truly, my BFF Felicia Katt.

If you have a Myspace page please add it to your profile and help me spread the word on this song, that's if you like it, ofcorse.

I will be performing it live at the Queen Universe Pageant this Sunday at 7p which will take place at the Circus Disco in Hollywood CA right on Santa Monica Blvd.

Show some love to the gorgeous contestants and come support your local transgender community

Kisses

XOXO

www.myspace.com/daniellefoxxmusik (note the K in musi"k" )

Its very very VERY good Danielle.
I love it.
You certainly have talent and I love the lyrics.

macjay18
11-08-2008, 12:17 AM
my synopsis of your single "man toy" would be that firstly i like your voice, it is quite seductive really, but the song doesnt indicate great of musical talent but doesnt indicate a lack of it either. I would love to hear a song where you try to hit more difficult notes and executing vocal range parameters. Like I said you have a great voice- absolutely no masculinity to it at all and sweet sounding.

Nikka
11-08-2008, 12:44 AM
now this is interesting Danielle, gonna add you to my myspace :rock2

Nikka
11-08-2008, 12:45 AM
double post

jesseflo
11-08-2008, 12:56 AM
its my type of music danielle. sounds fun. :D

lofty2020
11-08-2008, 01:34 AM
sounds pretty good .. add some backing vocals, a screaming electric guitar solo .. and a beefier bass line... rock it a lil :)vocals are very sexxy :)

hondarobot
11-08-2008, 01:38 AM
She sings, she acts, she's a make-up artist, is there anything this woman can't do? I think your singing is top notch, very impressive. It's not the sort of music I listen too, but I've been told hundreds of times that I listen to lousy music, so that's a compliment.

Your picture/avatar on the myspace page kicks ass, too. Good to see you posting on this hellhole of a forum again.

:)

NiceBod
11-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Danielle, your picture in this thread, isn't that the IHOP in West Hollywood?

Felicia Katt
11-08-2008, 03:50 AM
I only helped a little with the lyrics. all the real talent in setting them to music and bringing them to life is Danielles!!

FK
PS, I will be at the Pageant, but out of the spotlight, to support her, the girls and the community. If you see me, please say hi.

tyrone biggums
11-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Danielle, i love everything u do, but i think this needs more work...

sorry if i'm being harsh

Solitary Brother
11-08-2008, 04:27 AM
I only helped a little with the lyrics. all the real talent in setting them to music and bringing them to life is Danielles!!

FK
PS, I will be at the Pageant, but out of the spotlight, to support her, the girls and the community. If you see me, please say hi.

Awesome job with the lyrics Felicia!

tskisser
11-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Cool tattoo Danielle!!!!

Danielle Foxx
11-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Danielle, i love everything u do, but i think this needs more work...

sorry if i'm being harsh

Not at all, I appreciate the feed-back and understand that if I were to walk into Capital Records with this they would sorta laugh... maybe squirt a little pee on their underpants... ok fine, they would roll on the floor laughing.

It's just a demo. I did it all on my own. I am looking for someone to produce it, make it pro.

I wasn't going for Opera or Broadway anytime soon, but I do give private shower concerts to Felicia when she is doing her makeup while I am in the bath. Tee hee

my synopsis of your single "man toy" would be that firstly i like your voice, it is quite seductive really, but the song doesnt indicate great of musical talent but doesnt indicate a lack of it either. I would love to hear a song where you try to hit more difficult notes and executing vocal range parameters. Like I said you have a great voice- absolutely no masculinity to it at all and sweet sounding.

Thank you Simon Cowel

Danielle Foxx
11-08-2008, 06:05 AM
double post

lupinIII
11-08-2008, 06:08 AM
I really hope I'm not being an asshole about this but I have a few bits of criticism (hopefully constructive), for the song. Most of them are production and recording related.

The vocals feel kinda pitchy, you aren't hitting the notes bang-on, you're sounding a bit flat and your voice sounds like it's wavering a bit. You'll need to tighten them up, because at the moment the backing track and your vox aren't really in that sweet spot, where both harmonize perfectly.

I feel like you're going for a Kylie Minogue sound, what you notice when you hear her songs is that the vocals are layered and overdubbed mercilessly in post-production, giving her voice an extremely filled out sound, I assume that's what you'll be doing if you're looking to sell this song as a finished product.

I think at the moment the song on its own feels a bit sparse, it needs something to fill it out, which is where the filled out vocal production comes in. I think those little background echo vocals are a bit cliche and maybe need to be ornamented, maybe layered and harmonized and extended to give them some sort of character, otherwise get rid of them and put in an instrumental hook that compliments your voice. The backing track feels a bit hollow too but that's owing to low-fi production, considering this was done at home on a Mac. As a person who has done the cheap home recording I can sympathize with the dilemma wherein there's only so much "oomph" you can get out of a cheap amplifier and a weak-sauce microphone.

On the good I really like the way the chorus is structured, the deep reverberating synth hook after you say "bad boy" or "man toy", is a nice little touch. On the whole the song's a pretty cute little club pop tune. It needs some work but none of the problems I see are related to the songwriting just the limited nature of the production and recording.

Danielle Foxx
11-08-2008, 06:20 AM
I really hope I'm not being an asshole about this but I have a few bits of criticism (hopefully constructive), for the song. Most of them are production and recording related.

Thank you so much for all the technical input. It's really helpful. I would love to someday sit in a studio and learn how to do it. I have always loved music production.

Danielle, your picture in this thread, isn't that the IHOP in West Hollywood?

Elementary my dear Watson!

FK

She only says that because she brings her own spot light with her.

sounds pretty good .. add some backing vocals, a screaming electric guitar solo .. and a beefier bass line... rock it a lil :)vocals are very sexxy

That is what a envisioned for this song, totally read my mind

hondarobot
11-08-2008, 06:57 AM

Thank you so much for all the technical input. It's really helpful. I would love to someday sit in a studio and learn how to do it. I have always loved music production.

Oh, no. The last thing you should do is talk to some "studio sound guy" for input. Pretty much all those guys are assholes. Nikka posted, she seems like the girl to talk to on this forum regarding this subject. No offense intended to anyone else in this thread.

lupinIII
11-08-2008, 07:00 AM
No worries, here to help, on a personal note I think you could dirty it up a bit. I love pop when it has some some grit to it, maybe some nice crushed ice huskiness to the main vocals while keeping the layered backing vocals clean, so maybe smoke a few cigs and drink a quarter of a bottle of Jack D's to get that effect, I think it might make for a nice little sonic contradiction.

On the other hand you could go with a motif like this song and keep things sugar sweet...till you get to the chorus.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xBa6L-Quc_M

Danielle Foxx
11-08-2008, 08:15 PM
The dirty lyrics are:

Man Whore, you are a man whore
Screwing around with every freak in town
You are a man whore

yodajazz
11-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Not bad. I kind of like it. I agree with most of the critiques. I think the most glaring thing is the lack of vocal effects. These days, even some of the cheaper programs have audio effects. But here are my suggestions: Put an instrumental version and another with the vocals by itself. You could then take to someone else, who has better audio/vocal processing effects. No need to go to an expensive professional studio. Other home studio systems should have what you need. They could put each on separate tracks and then process them accordingly. I suggest that you actually redo the vocals. In the last part of the song switch the melody to a higher note in the harmony. This will build emotional intensity. Another alternative would be to keep the current lead at the end, but add another lead based upon a higher note in the harmony. If you have trouble hitting it, get someone else to do it.

Keep up the good work, and keep working on it. Let us know how things go for you with this.

vman2375
11-09-2008, 06:02 AM
POTENTIAL

imwithstupid
11-09-2008, 10:34 AM
2 words: Logic Pro

LAGent4ts
11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Danielle, Star Quality performance in music and dance last nite. Congratulations on your first appearence as a music preformer. Time to get an agent.

Willie Escalade
11-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Danielle, Star Quality performance in music and dance last nite. Congratulations on your first appearence as a music preformer. Time to get an agent.
Ditto! A fine job! The audience definitely liked that song...and your performance!