PDA

View Full Version : ~ Congrats Mr. O ~

twowaybro
11-06-2008, 04:31 AM
First of all my apologies to the board for going off topic but being that history was made in this country yesterday i think it is warranted. I'd like to say congratulations to Mr. Obama and family for pulling off something that i thought i would not see in my lifetime. Someone of African descent ascending to the highest elected office in this land. U.S. President. Though he was not my first choice in this election as i feel his policies will not represent that much real change from the current status quo it was no less a very proud moment for me to witness his victory and the celebration that followed. The image alone of a black First Family occupying the White House will be so inspiring to so many who have historically felt left out of the American mainstream. This isn't however the end of race in America as some would believe but it is a giant step in erasing some of the negative imagery that some in this country possess as well as starting an honest dialogue. So as i revel for the moment and reminisce about all those who came before me who didn't live to see this day i once again offer a "big up" to President-Elect Obama for a monumental accomplishment. 8) 8)