PDA

View Full Version : Being T Cast To Appear This Friday @ NYU, OPEN TO ALL!

AllanahStarrNYC
11-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Everyone is invited to attend!
Open and FREE for all!

THE PREVIEW SCREENING OF "T"
Followed by a panel discussion with Cast & Crew

When:
Friday, November 7th, 2008
7:15 p.m. screening.
Doors open at 7 p.m.

NEW LOCATION:
Silver Center, Room 806
31 Washington Place (btwn Greene St and Washington Sq East) New York, NY 10012

Refreshments will be served

"T" is a ten-part, slice-of-life documentary series that uses the mythic landscape of New York City to explore the lives of twelve male to female transsexual women as they uniquely and personally define what it means to be "T".

www.beingT.com

Co-sponsored by T-Party, SCPS History Club, & SCPS Psychology Club

The panel will include myself, Dina Deliscious, Laverne Cox, Eric, and many others.

See you there!

hwbs
11-06-2008, 03:11 AM
bump :)

the_corner
11-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Hmm... interesting, I'll try to be there :)

hondarobot
11-06-2008, 05:00 AM
Great news! I want to check it out myself, but I'd probably die in a plane crash on my way to NYC.

:?

I do want to see this, though. I also think I would like to have a showing at our club in Minneapolis, if that was logistically possible at some time.

PM me E, or respond here and I'll PM you, if you are showing this beyond NYC now.

whatsupwithat
11-06-2008, 07:19 PM
hey all

i really hope to see some of you there!

it's been a really long road for us to get this off the ground and all of us have worked so hard the past year or so.

anyways, lots of great things are happening with the production including:

1) janet jackson joining our production team
2) the series will be airing both domestically and internationally...more details to come soon.
3) the cast and issues have been expanded a great deal

there's so much more i want to tell you, but i'd have to write a novel. we could so use your love and support as we move into completing the project! thank you so much for being there for us over the past year. it's meant a lot. truly.

the_corner
11-06-2008, 07:57 PM
hey all

i really hope to see some of you there!

it's been a really long road for us to get this off the ground and all of us have worked so hard the past year or so.

anyways, lots of great things are happening with the production including:

1) janet jackson joining our production team
2) the series will be airing both domestically and internationally
3) the cast and issues have been expanded a great deal

there's so much more i want to tell you, but i'd have to write a novel. we could so use your love and support as we move into completing the project! thank you so much for being there for us over the past year. it's meant a lot. truly.

Any space on board for a FCP editor? :)

I'll try to go to the screening, always interesting to see different projects.

whatsupwithat
11-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Any space on board for a FCP editor? :)

I'll try to go to the screening, always interesting to see different projects.

Sent you a pm! :)

flabbybody
11-06-2008, 08:23 PM
it's finally happening!!

lots of luck with this e

Justawannabe
11-06-2008, 08:33 PM
great to see, wish I could be there...

Sean

whatsupwithat
11-06-2008, 08:38 PM
it's finally happening!!

lots of luck with this e

thank you, man!!

wow, what an incredibly long and difficult road this has been and we still have a ways to go. i am so incredibly humbled by everyone involved for never giving up, for believing, and for understanding that when we set out on this that it wasn't going to be an easy journey. i'm also so grateful for those in the community, men and woman alike, like yourself, who stood and still stand by us. who offer their words of support and love, and, well, believe in all of us, in what we're doing.

again, we still have a ways to go, there's a lot of hard work ahead, and i'm sure many more mountains to climb. i just feel so privileged to even be a part of this project. so, again, thank you, your words of support really mean so much. :)

elvis_p
11-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Go Riftgirl! ...and all the rest involved

Looking forward to the West Coast debut.

whatsupwithat
11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Go Riftgirl! ...and all the rest involved

Looking forward to the West Coast debut.

Riftgirl was one of our earliest supporters. She has been great! :)

whatsupwithat
11-06-2008, 08:43 PM
great to see, wish I could be there...

Sean

Wish you could be here, too! You are in spirit, though.

hwbs
11-06-2008, 08:57 PM
got too work....damn i have to work on my bday ....no fun for me...hope u have a good turnout

whatsupwithat
11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
got too work....damn i have to work on my bday ....no fun for me...hope u have a good turnout

dude! it's your bday! take one day off, at least. jeesh.

nyu is expecting a pretty good turnout, so it should be interesting.

keepingitreal470
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM

nyu is expecting a pretty good turnout, so it should be interesting.I'll never buy trannies as legit actors. Its a doc and they're basically playing themselves. So much for character development. But good luck anyways. Sent you a pm.

whatsupwithat
11-07-2008, 12:03 AM

nyu is expecting a pretty good turnout, so it should be interesting.I'll never buy trannies as legit actors. Its a doc and they're basically playing themselves. So much for character development. But good luck anyways. Sent you a pm.

hey man, thanks for the luck! i'll have to disagree with you though. i know some amazingly talented trans women in many walks of life including acting. in regards to "t", it's not a documentary, it's a tv series and i have to say it has been more challenging than any thing scripted i worked on...and it continues to be.

got your pm. wow. you must be on cloud 9! that is some awesome stuff. i am so very happy for you! you chose a difficult profession and you are doing it. yeah! :)

keepingitreal470
11-07-2008, 12:19 AM

hey man, thanks for the luck! i'll have to disagree with you though. i know some amazingly talented trans women in many walks of life including acting. in regards to "t", it's not a documentary, it's a tv series and i have to say it has been more challenging than any thing scripted i worked on...and it continues to be.

got your pm. wow. you must be on cloud 9! that is some awesome stuff. i am so very happy for you! you chose a difficult profession and you are doing it. yeah! :)Thanks E.

AllanahStarrNYC
11-07-2008, 01:15 AM

What a degrading statement.
That is like saying- I won't buy women as doctors, or a blacks as politicians.
There are many talented transsexual women who are very good actresses and great dramatist.

As well, playing onself can sometimes be the role of a lifetime.

keepingitreal470
11-07-2008, 01:51 AM

What a degrading statement.
There are many talented transsexual women who are very good actresses and great at dramatist.
Playing onself can sometimes be the role of a lifetime.Degrading? Only if you take it that way. I have my opinions just like you do. I have my likes and dislikes just like you do. And as an industry professional who has woked for years, I've NEVER seen a trannie do anything(film, tv, theatre) thats made me say WOW. Most of what I've seen has actually made me cringe. Way over the top stuff. Some of that due to over acting, playing to an audience instead of playing the text. They never practice living the life of the character in absolute solitutde. Because they're too concerned with ENTERTAINING. A really polished professional can hold the audiences attention, play the text to the letter and never seem like they're trying to do so. My bar is set pretty high given those that I've trained and worked with. Eric knows how I feel about this and I wished him luck. So whats the problem? Maybe my bar is set a little higher than yours. And I know you have some involvement in this project Allanah. But my comments are very general and not specifically directed at this project. So good luck to you also.

whatsupwithat
11-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Hey everyone!

I just got word from the people running the discussion that due to a crazy amount of RSVPs for the event, there has been a LOCATION CHANGE to a much larger space!

The NEW LOCATION is:

Silver Center
31 Washington Place (btwn Greene St and Washington Sq East) New York, NY 10012

Same time!

Here is the new flyer. Thank you!! :)

whatsupwithat
11-07-2008, 02:07 AM
That is like saying- I won't buy women as doctors, or a blacks as politicians.
There are many talented transsexual women who are very good actresses and great dramatist.

As well, playing onself can sometimes be the role of a lifetime.

Agree on all points! :)

Allanah, see above...there is a location change!

Dina Delicious
11-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Im so excited for tmmrw
see you all there

Dina

Grant
11-07-2008, 05:25 AM
I just got word from the people running the discussion that due to a crazy amount of RSVPs for the event, there has been a LOCATION CHANGE to a much larger space!

Thanks for the update. I guess I wasn't aware that we needed to RSVP for this. Er... how do we do that?

gonzobear
11-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Looking forward to see this opening.
I was at the last preview of it, and I would love to see the entire series.

whatsupwithat
11-07-2008, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the update. I guess I wasn't aware that we needed to RSVP for this. Er... how do we do that?

hey man, you can just come. it's open. rsvps were done by nyu to get an idea of who was coming. hope to see you there! :)

whatsupwithat
11-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Looking forward to see this opening.
I was at the last preview of it, and I would love to see the entire series.

hey! glad you're coming. tomorrow is basically a q&a. the series will be airing in 2009. fingers crossed! hopefully, we'll be announcing the network(s) very soon. :)

Solitary Brother
11-07-2008, 08:55 AM
This documentary looks great.
From the previews it has a very underground feel to it but very well produced which is rare for an independent documentary.
Good luck to all the participants in this movie and the people that put it together.
I cant wait to get my copy.

whatsupwithat
11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
This documentary looks great.
From the previews it has a very underground feel to it but very well produced which is rare for an independent documentary.
Good luck to all the participants in this movie and the people that put it together.
I cant wait to get my copy.

thanks, man! it will be a television series. we'll hopefully be announcing a network home for it soon...finally...been a long, long road.

Alyssa87
11-07-2008, 09:31 AM
woohoo. wow E u did it!
i knew you would ;)

youre the man

whatsupwithat
11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
woohoo. wow E u did it!
i knew you would ;)

youre the man

nah, you the girl!

still got a long way to go. but baby steps, ya know? i've had enough things blow up in my face the past year, it will be nice to see this finally settled and with a home. :)

gonzobear
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
looks likeyou'll get a great crowd!

flabbybody
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
so how did it go?

timbo
11-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Interesting topic, a doc that shows real people will be supportive for the community.

Where/how can i view this documentary??

Tim

phobun
11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/dscf6048_144.jpg

Nina Poon is one of the prettiest women on earth.

whatsupwithat
11-09-2008, 08:02 AM
so how did it go?

hey man, it went great! i will be posting some followup pics soon.

the woman of "t" were all so amazing. the panel included:

laverne cox
allanah starr
dina delicious
dominique (nastassia dreams)
nina poon
cody
lailah
simone ( a side note: simone is 'stealth 'and this was her first time ever publicly saying she is a transsexual. i was completely blown away by that and i think many in the audience also followed suit.)

also on the panel were myself, my partners robert and kristine, and joe, one of the men in 't" who likes transsexuals.

it was our first university speaking engagement and everyone on our panel was so eloquent and thoughtful and just plain great. some from this board were there and i was so happy to see them. thank you for coming guys! :)

whatsupwithat
11-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Interesting topic, a doc that shows real people will be supportive for the community.

Where/how can i view this documentary??

Tim

hey tim. it will be airing on television as a series in 2009. :)

thank you for your support!