PDA

View Full Version : NYC Mayor Bloomberg 3rd term?

RubyTS
11-05-2008, 03:19 AM
he is a sneaky mofo lol...

flabbybody
11-05-2008, 03:29 AM
true
but why change mayors when things are about to get real ugly with the economy. is there anyone out there more qualified?

Solitary Brother
11-05-2008, 03:33 AM
SOMETHING IS VERY SHADY WITH THAT.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-05-2008, 05:34 AM
how is he sneaky?

he said he wanted this shit weeks ago

blame the city council for approving the shit (they also get 3rd term opportunities.......................)

RubyTS
11-05-2008, 05:43 AM
how is he sneaky?

he said he wanted this shit weeks ago

blame the city council for approving the shit (they also get 3rd term opportunities.......................)

well who's idea do YOU think it was to extend term limits?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-05-2008, 05:57 AM
if you think it was ONLY Bloomberg's decision to extend term limits you're sadly mistaken, as I stated before the entire current city council benefits from what Bloomberg suggested (which he turned down 2 years ago).

The most important thing (and I'll repeat it) is that Bloomberg did not wave a magic wand and say "guess what you fuckers I'm changing the laws so i can run again for a 3rd term!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) the city council voted and approved it. If anyone is to blame it's them and all of their names (those who voted for it or against it) are available on the web, go check it out and check your local councilman/woman IF they went for the deal.....

RubyTS
11-05-2008, 05:59 AM
for the past 4 yrs he's been trying to change the law regarding term limits, and people voted against it TWICE. He's not respecting the will of the people. Is this about ego? It's not like he's doing it for the $ he's already a billionaire.

Jonny29
11-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Ok Here is an idea, even if you approve of what he has done but disagree with the city council disregarding the peoples votes on term limits, don't vote for him again.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-05-2008, 06:14 AM
fair enough

RubyTS
11-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Ok Here is an idea, even if you approve of what he has done but disagree with the city council disregarding the peoples votes on term limits, don't vote for him again.

if he's up for mayor again u know he's gona win.
on another note
OBAMA DID HIS THING WOW.... talk about a landslide

broncofan
11-07-2008, 12:46 AM
As you know the city council voted to extend term limits. You say that if he's on the ballot again, he'll probably get elected. Well, who's supporting the will of the people now? The New York city council actually acts as the legislative body at the local level. So, they changed the law and I haven't seen any credible evidence (maybe cause I haven't been looking) that he did anything such as use bribes or coercion to secure a favorable vote. It's clear what he wanted, but it's not clear anyone voted strictly to appease him, THEY would be in dereliction of their duties if they did.

I actually think it's a bad idea to vote against someone because you're worried about the precedent set by a third term at the local level. Would you have voted against an FDR third term and supported his opposition in 1940 out of principle?

El Nino
11-07-2008, 04:07 AM
He's a criminal

thx1138
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Anybody but Giuliani.

NYBURBS
11-07-2008, 11:02 AM
It's sad that the city council would go along with this, my understanding is that previous ballot initiatives have already spoken to this issue. I am not saying that anyone did anything illegal, more along the lines of immoral. This is a situation we face across the political board, with politicians on all levels running again and again for office. Yet we have no one to blame but ourselves for this.