PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic dentists

RubyTS
10-29-2008, 02:02 AM
3 weeks ago today i had my facial femininization procedure performed in Boston with Dr. Spiegel. i know im not ready to get anymore surgeries done right away but i am researching cosmetic dentists so that i will be prepared when the time comes. I was wonderring if any girls could offer advice?

punkox
10-29-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm a GOOD cosmetic dentist. You're welcomed to come to me but you probably don't want to travel to Florida to do your dental work. Since you're in NY, the best guy there is Larry Rosenthal. He's expensive but he's the best in NYC by far. You can also look for people who have one or more of the following affiliations:

-Dawson Network
-LVI Preferred Network
-Pankey Network

Usually dentists won't advertise their affilliations so you'll need to ask when you call. It's important that the office has an accomodating person at the front desk... someone you feel comfortable with that you can tell respects the doctor she works for. STAY AWAY from corporations or any dentist that accepts HMO's... you'll get subpar treatment.

RubyTS
10-29-2008, 02:30 AM
i'd prefer to pay top dollar and get the best possible result :)

MrsKellyPierce
10-29-2008, 02:47 AM
yeah I am going to get veneers put in

RubyTS
10-29-2008, 02:51 AM

i want veneers also on aLL of my front teeth. Have u done any research or decided on a good dentist yet? Its wierd cuz certain surgeons names are known throughought the ts community but u dont often hear of dentists, only the best surgeons for a gr8 set of bags or a new nose

MrsKellyPierce
10-29-2008, 02:58 AM

i want veneers also on aLL of my front teeth. Have u done any research or decided on a good dentist yet? Its wierd cuz certain surgeons names are known throughought the ts community but u dont often hear of dentists, only the best surgeons for a gr8 set of bags or a new noseyeah I am going to a cosmetic surgeon in Texas I will get you his name he is the best doctor in america according to Southwest Airlines magizine. They name off the best surgeons and dentists as well as other doctors for heart and what not.

RubyTS
10-29-2008, 03:17 AM
ooh that sounds fab. fuk the best dr in ny, i want the best in USA and i've been dying to hit texas. Could u pm me that info plz Kelly i'd really appreciate it

flabbybody
10-29-2008, 03:45 AM

i want veneers also on aLL of my front teeth. Have u done any research or decided on a good dentist yet? Its wierd cuz certain surgeons names are known throughought the ts community but u dont often hear of dentists, only the best surgeons for a gr8 set of bags or a new nose

veneers are hugely expensive
and the procedure is no fun. taking the mold, temps that don't stay in, drilling down your natural teeth.
and all the follow up to make sure they won't fall out when you have those spare ribs at your favorite Chinese restaurant

I don't get it. You have a pretty smile with natural looking white teeth. why fuck with that?

RubyTS
10-29-2008, 03:56 AM

veneers are hugely expensive
and the procedure is no fun. taking the mold, temps that don't stay in, drilling down your natural teeth.
and all the follow up to make sure they won't fall out when you have those spare ribs at your favorite Chinese restaurant

I don't get it. You have a pretty smile with natural looking white teeth. why fuck with that?

thank u but honestly girls get tired of hearing that, they just want people to be supportive of their decision to enhance themselves. I remember men tellling me DONT GET IMPLANTS! And loving the improvement after. Same as my face. I KNOW what i NEED and DONT. I dont have a perfect smile and im not striving for perfction. Every girl has a vision of themselves. Of how they want to look, and everyone wants to achieve their full potential. I would like to see this work of art completed, and a new set of teeth is just another step in the right direction

Justawannabe
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Glad your confident on what you want. Do give the guys some credit, as they are at least in some cases just trying to look out for you. When you want something badly sometimes you overlook the down sides.

At least in my case, I had a friend turn on me because I was supportive when I should have been more cautionary, and surgery only went so well.

Always a gamble, and your friends and fans just want to make sure your weighing the trouble, pain and risk realistically. If they aren't telling you anything new, by all means tell them your aware of the issues involved and have made your decision appropriately, and maybe even mind their own business if you wish.

Just remember, they may have reasons to worry... and like going with a friend to Vegas... you ask them if they really want to bet THAT much, but your still happy when they win. So when the girl goes for the upgrades... of course we like the end result when its good. But when it goes bad it can be devastating, and you don't get two chances to raise the caution flag.

All that said, I really want veneers too... I just wasn't demanding enough with other dentists when I was young and have some weird color issues.

Sean

RubyTS
10-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Glad your confident on what you want. Do give the guys some credit, as they are at least in some cases just trying to look out for you. When you want something badly sometimes you overlook the down sides.

At least in my case, I had a friend turn on me because I was supportive when I should have been more cautionary, and surgery only went so well.

Always a gamble, and your friends and fans just want to make sure your weighing the trouble, pain and risk realistically. If they aren't telling you anything new, by all means tell them your aware of the issues involved and have made your decision appropriately, and maybe even mind their own business if you wish.

Just remember, they may have reasons to worry... and like going with a friend to Vegas... you ask them if they really want to bet THAT much, but your still happy when they win. So when the girl goes for the upgrades... of course we like the end result when its good. But when it goes bad it can be devastating, and you don't get two chances to raise the caution flag.

All that said, I really want veneers too... I just wasn't demanding enough with other dentists when I was young and have some weird color issues.

Sean

you're absolutely right. i totally understand. Its just funny how everyone says "you dont NEED it" and i get tired of having to pick out the flaws so they can understand why im choosing to undergo such dramatic procedures.

I grew up with food stamps, payless shoes and clothing from Salvation
army. Everything i have i 've worked for and earned! It's nice now to be able to spoil myself and live my life as i've wanted.

As a child, i wanted to get braces to straighten my teeth but the dentist said that i had a perfect bite, so if they were to do braces it would be cosmetic and medicaid would not pay for it. Of course my dad gave me shyt about bugging him for ice cream or soda playing in the playground as a child. If me and my brother got soda, it was those cheap 50cent ones... and i could never get an ice cream cone... he would go to the store and buy those 99cent half pints and cut it down the middle with a army kniife. So i guess u can pretty much figure that braces were a nono.

i do understand the time and pain/discomfort that goes with any procedure and im fully prepared to deal with it in order to see my masterpiece completed

Justawannabe
10-30-2008, 12:44 AM
More power to you then!

I know how poor goes, we had no money when I was young, trailer park stuff, and when I ended up on the outs with the family for a while due to my own issues and getting kicked from college... I had three crappy jobs and was still eating crap.

Now days I have the trust fund (Dad turned out to be genius with manufacturing paper), but it's a middle class lifestyle, so I have to pick and choose what I want done. I always think back to what I might have been like if the family hadn't hit it big at a critical time and my mom get so sick, and need her baby boy to be a strong support.

You earned your shiny whites... get em.

Sean

flabbybody
10-30-2008, 01:42 AM
my dentist talked me into veneers and then slightly miss-matched the color of one of the teeth in the front. he eventually corrected it but I still can't understand how he screwed it up in the first place. so do some research and go to the absolute best person you can find. make sure his practice is strictly cosmetic dentistry and isin't a GP who does veneers on the side (like my douche bag)

RubyTS
10-30-2008, 01:48 AM
my dentist talked me into veneers and then slightly miss-matched the color of one of the teeth in the front. he eventually corrected it but I still can't understand how he screwed it up in the first place. so do some research and go to the absolute best person you can find. make sure his practice is strictly cosmetic dentistry and isin't a GP who does veneers on the side (like my douche bag)

lol thanks