PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have a favorite gun?

Quiet Reflections
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
i know thats random but im a hunter and a member of the NRA and was just wondering if there was a gun the just made you smile when you see it i love the HKMP5 and the 1911

JamesHunt
10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
what a psycho post :roll:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
MP5, gun of champions

hwbs
10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
:twisted:

JamesHunt
10-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Prefer one of these. It's more personal :lol:

Quiet Reflections
10-28-2008, 09:30 AM
what a psycho post :roll:
with all the other shit asked on here why is this psycho. why is this any worse than who my favorite horror movie killer is! Wow that Second Amendment is crazy!!

barefootjoe69
10-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Barret XM107.
When you have to reach out and touch someone from a distance.

Quiet Reflections
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Prefer one of these. It's more personal :lol:
"Yeah, little bit of pain never hurt anybody. If you know what I mean. Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, fuck-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."
SOAP from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Quiet Reflections
10-28-2008, 09:36 AM
is that from Gears of War?

santiago316
10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
is that from Gears of War?
It sure looks like it.

hwbs
10-28-2008, 09:50 AM
its the prototype of the lancer from gears !!!!

slinky
10-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Glock 35

Clind
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM

how i could ever have any other favorite gun exept of this :wink:

CORVETTEDUDE
10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Winchester Model 94 Lever Action .30-.30

needsum
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
M1 Garand. Besides being an amazing weapon, it is a shining symbol of Americvan ingenuity and forward thinking. Plus, owning one gives me a small feeling that I am tied somehow to the legacy of those who served with it.

I also lilke the Beretta 92F. Just a well designed, smart looking pistol, and it fires really well too.

My dad had a couple Colt AR15's when I was younger, before Jim "Fuckhead" Florio ruined NJ. Those were AWESOME to shoot.

Space_Cowboy
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
this on a hot summers day, with loads of partially dressed girls.

baileyandkc
10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
The laser guns in Fallout, to watch them melt, and the sniper rifle in Allied Assault...

and, in movies, the gun in the leg that Rose McGowan used in Grindhouse! Boy, was she hot!

dan_drade
10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Mine is between my legs.

LibertyHarkness
10-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I will bite on this,, I am all up for Girls with guns :)

If this were a real gun it would have my name all over it...

M41a Pulse Rifle from Aliens :)

Mwuaahahhaahh pwnage you peons :)

Libby xxx

TSLoverUK999
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Your a GEEK Lib ! :wink:

LibertyHarkness
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
i know i love it, but i think this is why i am single :(

men just get scared off me by geekyness its a bummer :( hope my boobs will change that lol wait till they see the tatoo of startrek and battlestar galactica on each tit though :)

TSLoverUK999
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
how big are your new boobs ? :shock:

LibertyHarkness
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
they are like small Moons :)

"Thats no moon its a deathstar"

TSLoverUK999
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
hopefully not half !

LibertyHarkness
10-28-2008, 07:15 PM
The force is strong with this Tranny :)

My young Jedi Harkness :)

TSLoverUK999
10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
....thats one hell of a surgeon ! :wink:

irvin66
10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Here is some of my guns! :wink:

It's 30.06 hunting rifle+ a shotgun 12 gauge 3"+ a Ruger 10/22, 25 rn mag. And a Luger P08 9mm.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a question...

I am opposed to hunting and for the most part the NRA and am for 100% gun control.

Why does anyone need such extreme weapons?

needsum
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Love that Luger!!! I have a bit of a WW2 collection (M1, Mauser M98, Colt .45 model 1911). I had access to a M1 Carbine but NJ, being the Nazi state it is, deems that an assault weapon, so I can't have one.

TSLoverUK999
10-28-2008, 07:36 PM
To fight terrorism !........duh ! :wink:

irvin66
10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
oh i forgot this! It is a Mauser + a US Carbine cal 30.M1 + a M4A1 carbine cal. 5,56 Nato+ the Luger again + a US Carbine M1A1 30 rnd mag.

needsum
10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Allanah,

The answer is simple: We don't. We don't need them any more than a guy needs a Ferrari that can do 185 mph in a country full of speed limits posted at 75 max. Its a part of our freedom as responsible citizens to be able to own, collect and shoot these weapons.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
To fight terrorism !........duh ! :wink:

And I am truly sure, some people believe that... :)

irvin66
10-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Love that Luger!!! I have a bit of a WW2 collection (M1, Mauser M98, Colt .45 model 1911). I had access to a M1 Carbine but NJ, being the Nazi state it is, deems that an assault weapon, so I can't have one. I have 2 US Carbine, i love them!!!!!!!!

LibertyHarkness
its to do with penis size everyone knows this :)

Hehe xxx

TSLoverUK999
..........and Palin knows what she's talking about !

needsum
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
I have a question...

I am opposed to hunting and for the most part the NRA and am for 100% gun control.

gtfo looney

why did u need all those surgeries? because you wanted em, why do i need a gun? because i want one, while you are getting mugged, your fake tits wont save you, however, my m9 will.

Dude, seriously, I feel you, but saying shit like that doesn't help things any. The more gun owners fly off the handle when a question like this is asked, the more people will think we're all nuts. And the more people who think against us, the more likely people will vote against us at election times.

I live in NJ which is one of the worst states if you believe in gun ownership rights, so I have every right to be bitter and pissed off, but I choose not to be. Instead, I try to communicate with people who think differently so they can see that its not always about being a"gun nut" or any other stereotype. Regular people can be cun collectors and lead ordinary lives without ever having any issues.

So lets try to keep things on an even keel, ok?

LibertyHarkness
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
....thats one hell of a surgeon ! :wink:

Yes the dark lord did a sterling job on my tits :) wait till you see the dvd of me giving a titwank and my nipples start shooting out friggin lazer beams xxx

ducktales
10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I have a question...

gtfo looney

why did u need all those surgeries? because you wanted em, why do i need a gun? because i want one, while you are getting mugged, your fake tits wont save you, however, my m9 will.

Dude, seriously, I feel you, but saying shit like that doesn't help things any. The more gun owners fly off the handle when a question like this is asked, the more people will think we're all nuts. And the more people who think against us, the more likely people will vote against us at election times.

I live in NJ which is one of the worst states if you believe in gun ownership rights, so I have every right to be bitter and pissed off, but I choose not to be. Instead, I try to communicate with people who think differently so they can see that its not always about being a"gun nut" or any other stereotype. Regular people can be cun collectors and lead ordinary lives without ever having any issues.

So lets try to keep things on an even keel, ok?

just bothers me when people who know nothing on the subject have such radical opinions

TSLoverUK999
10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
honey your narrowing your market with literally killer tits ! :shock:

needsum
10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I get it more than you can imagine. Believe me, I do.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Allanah,

The answer is simple: We don't. We don't need them any more than a guy needs a Ferrari that can do 185 mph in a country full of speed limits posted at 75 max. Its a part of our freedom as responsible citizens to be able to own, collect and shoot these weapons.

So as I understand what you are saying, you are comparing the right to own an automobile-or the need of, to own a gun.

Well let's see- a Ferrarii is car, therefore there is valid argument that one may need a car to get from point A to point B. A high priced car yes- but one may be able to afford it.

What exactly is the point of owning a gun? What need do you have on a daily basis for a gun?

As the 2nd Amendment states:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

So what exatly does that mean? Doesn't law enforcement and the army fill that purpose?

The First Amendement gaurantees us freedom of speech but that freedom is not absolute and limited.

Studies show that approximately 60 percent of all murder victims in the US die from gun attacks.In robberies and assaults, victims are far more likely to die when the perpetrator is armed with a gun than when he or she has another weapon or is unarmed.

As far as for self protection, research has shown that a gun kept in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household, or friend, than an intruder.

Please define RESPONSIBLE for me and how a gun store can prove that 100 percent.

Is it responsible to sell guns to households were children live in and are able to get to them? By your definition of responsible then the gun store would be liable since the gun was sold to a non responsible party.
How do you stop that from happening according to your argument?

And generally...

And I am not responding to attacks and to people who claim that I am misinformed but I am not-that usually stems from some sort or prior disdain for me but I refuse to argue with ignorance.

If you have a valid point of of opinion to state then do so, otherwise I can not be bothered.

barefootjoe69
10-28-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a question...

Allanah,
I am a gun owner and I also oppose hunting, this is because I love animals and don't believe you should kill something for pleasure or fun. If you had to kill an animal to feed yourself or your family that is fine but to kill for a trophy I think is wrong. But in the same sense if someone is hunting legally I respect that because they are not breaking any law even though I don't approve of it.
I own guns because I enjoy target shooting. It is a hobby for me, that is one of the reasons I own guns.
Another reason is for self protection. Criminals have no regard for gun laws or the lives of their victims. If it comes down to a decision of them getting caught and going to jail or killing you and getting away, what choice do you think they are going to make?
I feel you have to protect yourself and your family, there is no way the cops can get there quick enough if an armed intruder breaks into your house. You will be at the mercy of a criminal, and I will not put my life in a scumbags hands!
Just my opinion.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a question...

Allanah,
I am a gun owner and I also oppose hunting, this is because I love animals and don't believe you should kill something for pleasure or fun. If you had to kill an animal to feed yourself or your family that is fine but to kill for a trophy I think is wrong. But in the same sense if someone is hunting legally I respect that because they are not breaking any law even though I don't approve of it.
I own guns because I enjoy target shooting. It is a hobby for me, that is one of the reasons I own guns.
Another reason is for self protection. Criminals have no regard for gun laws or the lives of their victims. If it comes down to a decision of them getting caught and going to jail or killing you and getting away, what choice do you think they are going to make?
I feel you have to protect yourself and your family, there is no way the cops can get there quick enough if an armed intruder breaks into your house. You will be at the mercy of a criminal, and I will not put my life in a scumbags hands!
Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion but the self defense argument to me, is a lame duck argument.

I think you will find this interesting

"Research by Dr. Arthur Kellerman has shown that keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one. That is, excluding many other factors such as previous history of violence, class, race, etc., a household with a gun is 2.7 times more likely to experience a murder than a household without one, even while there was no significant increase in the risk of non-gun homicides!

This study (Arthur Kellermann et. al., "Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home," The New England Journal of Medicine, October 7, 1993, pp. 1084-1091) has been much maligned by the gun lobby, but despite repeated efforts to tar it as non-scientific, its publication in one of the most respected peer-reviewed journals in the world is just one indiciation of its soundness. For a complete and vigorous defense of the study, please see this essay by Steve Kangas.

Obviously, there is a problem with criminals having access to guns, which is why so many people feel they, too, need a gun for self-defense. But this is a vicious cycle: FBI Crime Reports sources indicate that there are about 340,000 reported firearms thefts every year. Those guns, the overwhelming amount of which were originally manufactured and purchased legally, and now in the hands of criminals. Thus, the old credo "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" is silly. What happens is many guns bought legally are sold or stolen, and can then be used for crime. If those 340,000 guns were never sold or owned in the first place, that would be 340,000 less guns in the hands of criminals every year. Part of the reason there are so many guns on the street in the hands of criminals is precisely because so many are sold legally. Certainly, there will always be a way to obtain a gun illegally. But if obtaining a gun legally is extremely difficult, the price of illegal guns goes way up, and availability goes way down. Thus, it is much more difficult for criminals to obtain guns. "

barefootjoe69
10-28-2008, 08:30 PM
I have a question...

Allanah,
Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion but the self defense argument to me, is a lame duck argument.

"Research by Dr. Arthur Kellerman has shown that keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one. That is, excluding many other factors such as previous history of violence, class, race, etc., a household with a gun is 2.7 times more likely to experience a murder than a household without one, even while there was no significant increase in the risk of non-gun homicides!

This study (Arthur Kellermann et. al., "Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home," The New England Journal of Medicine, October 7, 1993, pp. 1084-1091) has been much maligned by the gun lobby, but despite repeated efforts to tar it as non-scientific, its publication in one of the most respected peer-reviewed journals in the world is just one indiciation of its soundness. For a complete and vigorous defense of the study, please see this essay by Steve Kangas.

Obviously, there is a problem with criminals having access to guns, which is why so many people feel they, too, need a gun for self-defense. But this is a vicious cycle: FBI Crime Reports sources indicate that there are about 340,000 reported firearms thefts every year. Those guns, the overwhelming amount of which were originally manufactured and purchased legally, and now in the hands of criminals. Thus, the old credo "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" is silly. What happens is many guns bought legally are sold or stolen, and can then be used for crime. If those 340,000 guns were never sold or owned in the first place, that would be 340,000 less guns in the hands of criminals every year. Part of the reason there are so many guns on the street in the hands of criminals is precisely because so many are sold legally. Certainly, there will always be a way to obtain a gun illegally. But if obtaining a gun legally is extremely difficult, the price of illegal guns goes way up, and availability goes way down. Thus, it is much more difficult for criminals to obtain guns. "

How can you say that Self defense is a Lame duck argument.
See attached link: http://www.gunowners.org/sk0802.htm
Every study can have another one that rebukes it. This is the argument that goes back and forth between the 2 sides
I'm sure that a household That has no knives in it is alot safer then one that does. This argument could be used with anything that could be used as a weapon.
I agree that gun owners need to be more responsible with storing guns in their homes. If you have little kids around you sure can't leave a loaded gun where they could get it. But this stuff should be common sense, something our society seems to be lacking alot of lately. We expect the Government to protect us from everything nowadays including ourselves. How about taking responsibility for our lives and trying to correct the problems in our society and families or breakdown there of that cause people to become violent criminals? That is the real problem!

Seawardlogan
10-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Night Op's

LibertyHarkness
10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
fuck me i could do some world class peeping tom shit with that scope :)

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I have a question...

Allanah,
Just my opinion.

Every study can have another one that rebukes it. This is the argument that goes back and forth between the 2 sides
I'm sure that a household That has no knives in it is alot safer then one that does. This argument could be used with anything that could be used as a weapon.
I agree that gun owners need to be more responsible with storing guns in their homes. If you have little kids around you sure can't leave a loaded gun where they could get it. But this stuff should be common sense, something our society seems to be lacking alot of lately. We expect the Government to protect us from everything nowadays including ourselves. How about taking responsibility for our lives and trying to correct the problems in our society and families or breakdown there of that cause people to become violent criminals? That is the real problem!

So have you ever used a gun to protect yourself in your experience?

And I agree that goverment can't ptotect us from everything- so as a responsible person I do not own a gun that feeds into the NRA, the gun industry.or the notion that my having a gun is somehow going to protect me further.

I do use common sense, so I don't own a gun.

How do you deem responsibilty? How do you deem that kids can't go buy bullets and shoot up high schools with stolen guns?

It's a viscious cycle that no one who own a gun wants to address for the sake, of its' me freedom to own a gun so I will own one.

Which is probably the same argument people used when they were allowed to own slaves. I am not comparinf slavery to gun ownership-
but the argument is the same.

snacks35
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I always take the Chinese SKS (sniper version of the AK-47) any day over American weapons. By far, more accurate and harder hitting than the M-16 or the AR-15.

Pistols I would go with the Desert Eagle 10MM. One powerful gun!

Seawardlogan
10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Guns !!!!!!! Dont Kill Poeple !!!!!! Poeple DO !!!!!!

Seawardlogan
10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Few More

needsum
10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Allanah, this is going to go badly somehow, because this is a topic that is very sensative to those on both sides of the argument.

I respect your opinions but humbly disagree with them; you will get no disrespectful remarks from me in this debate.

Having said that I will try to answer the question you posed to me. Regarding the car analogy: I chose a ferrari--yes a car, but not just any car. A car that can do far more than society had deemed legal and allowable. It is a luxury item, not a necessity. Same could be said about a firearm.

How are they the same? Well, in the hands of a responsible, skilled operator, there is nothing wrong with either of the two items in question. But in the hands of someone who thinks he/she can disregard the law and the rules of safe conduct, both can be very deadly.

The gun question in our society is tough because there are generally two different types of people on either side of the fence--you have the type of people who think that the government should regulate everything and tell us what we can and can't do, and then the type of people who want to be left alone, who feel they can be responsible for their own actions and don't need someone constantly monitoring their every move. Granted, there are moderations on both sides as well, but for argument's sake . . .

You brought up the issue of gun store responsibility, which exemplifies my statement above regarding government involvement. Look around you, in our society these days. Look at the Millions of frivolous lawsuits being filed. Look at the state of the nation--we are ruling ourselves less and less based on our innate abilities to follow the simple rules of life and law and do what is right, and more and more on what the government tells us we are capable of doing.

God forbid a gun store sells a gun to a parent who doesn't properly handle it at home and a child dies due to an accident. To me that is horriffic to even postulate. But how is that he gun store's fault? By your same argument, a car dealer who sells a car to an alcoholic should be at fault when that drunk goes out that night after a binge and commits vehicular homicide. What that argument is based on is the removal of personal responsibility and the respinsibility of OWNING UP TO YOUR OWN ACTIONS. Society has made it sickeningly easier and easier to point the finger and place blame on someone else when we fuck up. Sure I got burned by the McDonalds coffee, I know coffee is supposed to be hot, but they didn't tell me it was hot so I'm suing them for 10 million dollars for a burn to my lip.

Oh, and lets not forget the greatest of all push-offs: "well that depends on what your defintition of is is."

I come from a different place than most people I guess, not just in regard to the firearms issue, but to other things. I grew up with guns in the house. We would go to the gun range a couple times a year as a family and go target shooting. I never had a thought in my head to do anything stupid with them, my father trusted me to do the right thing and I always did. Any btw, I'm only 35 so it's not like I'm talking about growing up in Texas in the 50's or something.

When you say responsible, maybe thats something the nation needs a solid definition for, so we can all be on the same page when we debate.

And you have never gone through the process of buying a firearm, I'm sure, with the feelings you have on the subject. You can't imagine a more annoying, pain in the ass process to go through to aquire something. You have to get fingerprinted, have a background check done, get a file made up with the state police, and the gun gets registered once you pay for it so they can track it if it is ever used in a crime. And, you have to wait several months while the powers that be determine if you are eligible to obtain the permit to purchase.

Who in their right mind is going to take the steps to go through all that just to do bad things with the gun? You know who commits crime with guns? Criminals who get the gun illegally. Something that can't be easily traced back to him/her. Something they bought out of the back of some guy's car for $50 in a back alley. You can't even go in a gun store and buy ammunition without a firearms ID card.

More gun laws are not the answer--they just make it harder for the law-abiding citizen. The asshole who plans on robbing a store or doing a drive-by doesn't care about that shit at all. Tougher punishments for criminals is an answer. Being held accountable for your actions is something that needs to be resintated as a priority in this country.

So by all means, continue to not like guns, hunting or the NRA. I won't ever try to argue with you to change your mind on that. Just don't think that all people with guns are criminals or warped for their ownership.

needsum
10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Seaward, I have that Walther also! Awesome little thing, isn't it?

barefootjoe69
10-28-2008, 08:58 PM
I have a question...

Allanah,
Just my opinion.

And I agree that goverment can't ptotect us from everything- so as a responsible person I do not own a gun that feeds into the NRA, the gun industry.or the notion that my having a gun is somehow going to protect me further.

How do you deem responsibilty? How do you deem that kids can't go buy bullets and shoot up high schools with stolen guns?

It's a viscious cycle that no one who own a gun wants to address for the sake, of its' me freedom to own a gun so I will own one.

Which is probably the same argument people used when they were allowed to own slaves. I am not comparinf slavery to gun ownership-

Yes, I have used a gun to protect myself. I strap one on my waist everyday to go to work. And I deal with some of the worst people in society. I have seen people who kill other people for no other reason then they felt insulted. And no not every one is with a gun. I have seen murders that occurred using knives, baseball bats, cars, tire irons, people strangled with rope, suffocated with plastic bags, just to name a few.
I applaud you for knowing that you can't responsibly handle a firearm and therefore don't own one. That shows that you are a responsible person.
As far as kids getting guns and shooting up schools, this is not caused by firearms this is a fundamental breakdown of our society and the way these kids are being raised. Until we figure this out and fix the root of the problem violence will take place no matter what weapon that person chooses to use.
And the slavery argument is way out of line!

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Few More

Sweetie can you resize your pics, it's really screws up the screen.

Thanks.

Seawardlogan
10-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Sorry For Pic Size Im A Newbee

needsum
10-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Yes, I have used a gun to protect myself. I strap one on my waist everyday to go to work. And I deal with some of the worst people in society. I have seen people who kill other people for no other reason then they felt insulted. And no not every one is with a gun. I have seen murders that occurred using knives, baseball bats, cars, tire irons, people strangled with rope, suffocated with plastic bags, just to name a few.
I applaud you for knowing that you can't responsibly handle a firearm and therefore don't own one. That shows that you are a responsible person.
As far as kids getting guns and shooting up schools, this is not caused by firearms this is a fundamental breakdown of our society and the way these kids are being raised. Until we figure this out and fix the root of the problem violence will take place no matter what weapon that person chooses to use.

Exactly! However, they will still argue that if there simply were no guns then we wouldn't need to worry about gun violence.

I think the issue here is not even the gun, necessarily, but the ease with which a gun can do harm to someone. It gives criminals added courage to do bad things. Kids might not go into a school with a bat or a knife or sword, because people will fight back. But if they have a gun, everyone will cringe and try to run away.

Not trying to argue for the other side, but point is that people will choose not to do something about the root of the problem, which you pointed out is the standards of society, but rather target the thing that can be most easily emiminated, and in this scenario its guns.

needsum
10-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Hahaha good call Allanah, made my big post look a mile long! lol

hondarobot
10-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Why does this argument keep coming up? Firearms are obviously dangerous, they serve the singular function of blowing holes in things from a distance. Is the 2nd Amendment an iron clad argument for the reason gun ownership by the U.S. populace should be a right? No. It's a stupid amendment. I'm not sure what a bunch of hillbillys/modern day Minute Men with assault rifles would do in the event of having to protect the country. They would probably just hide in a basement, eating Cambells soup and oiling their guns.

But guns are cool, and fun. I don't own one, but I do believe that if someone else can get their hands on a weapon, I should have the same opportunity, because I would like to be able to shoot back. There is no rational or moral high ground, just exploiting a constitutional loophole, really.

This has always been one of my favorite guns (Springfield M6 Scout Carbine, pistol grip), it's an over/under .22/.410. I don't imagine it would do much damage to anything beyond rabbits or squirrels, but a person could put an eye out or get under someones skin and cause a very bad infection with it. Personally, I would enjoy just shooting targets at a shooting range.

I've never owned a firearm because, well, it just seems a bit weird to do so since I don't need one. I do like guns and support the (somewhat questionable) rights of gun owners, though.

The whole "gun issue" might be a guy thing that most girls have trouble understanding. While girls were playing with Barbie Dolls and Easy Bake Oven, us guys were shooting each other with BB guns and bottle rockets, which was awesome.

:wink:

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 09:10 PM
I have a question...

Allanah,
Just my opinion.

I would argue that having having to carry a gun for work and just carrying one everyday are two different things.

It's not that I can't be responsible- I choose to be responsible by not owning a gun.

And as I said before, it was not a comparison to slavery- it's to point out that people use the 2nd Amendment applied the same way. No matter how damage guns do to society, people just own them because they can.

My two cents!

hondarobot
10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Few More

Thanks for the overly huge pic. I love scrolling.

:roll:

needsum
10-28-2008, 09:18 PM
You know what phrase I hate the most? "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Why do I hate it? because it is true, yet anti-gun people have made a mockery of that phrase for ages.

Simple fact is that it is true, no matter how you look at it.

A gun is an inanimate object. It can do nothing to anyone, anywhere, unless it has been manipulated by someone. Which means, someone has to pick it up, load it, cock it, and fire it in order for anything to happen.

People are the weapons, not guns. Go ahead an compare the numbers of legal gun owners in this country to the number of gun related crimes committed with LEGALLY owned firearms. After seeing the results, there is but only one conclusion: Criminals are a disease and will use anything they can to get what they want. Most people are honest and law abiding.

One more thing--I am not trying to give the impression that I'm some NRE flag waving Right wing conservative asshole who thinks it should be ok for people to just walk around waving guns and shooting them up in the air while kicking their heels.

I'm not a mamber of the NRA. I own guns, and maybe go shooting at a legal target facility once a year, if that.

I just don't want anyone, especially the government, to tell me I CAN"T continue to be the responsible firearm owner that I have been for most of my life, because some dipshit asshole mutherfucker decided to rob and kill someone and now I may be a threat.

To those people I politely say "Go fuck yourself."

trish
10-28-2008, 09:26 PM
None of those other guns can hold a candle to this one. None of those others will hold a victim's attention like this one. This one is the source of more terror and more destruction than any other brand or make of weapon. It can strike fear. It can even things up. It can shatter your head. It can put you in charge. It can protect you from the ignorant. It can be fatal to your health. Use with extreme caution :arrow:

Space_Cowboy
10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
The force is strong with this Tranny :)

My young Jedi Harkness :)

hahaha quality pic, so funny, i can't believe you shopped that.

for the record ... battlestar galactica rocks, can't wait for the next 10 ep's wooo

barefootjoe69
10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
AllanahStarrNYC;

Let me first say I respect your position even though I don't agree with it.
And our quote boxes are getting out of hand. LOL

Yes I have to carry a firearm for work but I also believe that law abiding citizens should also be able to protect themselves the way I do. Why should I be able to have a gun in my home to protect my family and the average Joe can't.
In a perfect society there would be no guns or violence but this is not the case.
We live in a time where it would be totally impossible to rid our country or the world of guns.
We could outlaw them but you know who would still have them!
What we need to concentrate on is the violence in our society and how to stop it. Guns are just a tool used by these people.

needsum
10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
None of those other guns can hold a candle to this one. None of those others will hold a victim's attention like this one. This one is the source of more terror and more destruction than any other brand or make of weapon. It can strike fear. It can even things up. It can shatter your head. It can put you in charge. It can protect you from the ignorant. It can be fatal to your health. Use with extreme caution :arrow:

Looks kind of like the guns they use to administer cancer therapy.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
You know what phrase I hate the most? "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Why do I hate it? because it is true, yet anti-gun people have made a mockery of that phrase for ages.

A gun is an inanimate object. It can do nothing to anyone, anywhere, unless it has been manipulated by someone. Which means, someone has to pick it up, load it, cock it, and fire it in order for anything to happen.

People are the weapons, not guns. Go ahead an compare the numbers of legal gun owners in this country to the number of gun related crimes committed with LEGALLY owned firearms. After seeing the results, there is but only one conclusion: Criminals are a disease and will use anything they can to get what they want. Most people are honest and law abiding.

One more thing--I am not trying to give the impression that I'm some NRE flag waving Right wing conservative asshole who thinks it should be ok for people to just walk around waving guns and shooting them up in the air while kicking their heels.

I'm not a mamber of the NRA. I own guns, and maybe go shooting at a legal target facility once a year, if that.

I just don't want anyone, especially the government, to tell me I CAN"T continue to be the responsible firearm owner that I have been for most of my life, because some dipshit asshole mutherfucker decided to rob and kill someone and now I may be a threat.

So my argument is, if you ban guns, gun crimes would of course be greatly reduced- i.e. following the example of the Brittish.

With your opinion and as a gun owner, what do you propose can solve gun violenceand crime?

Because I am not hearing that argument from people who own guns.
All I hear, is I have a right to own a gun, therefore eveyine go fuck themselves.

trish
10-28-2008, 09:39 PM
That, and also the gun in your old TV set...the one you kept because you couldn't afford two flat screen TV's.

trish
10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Actually it seems to me that if you outlaw guns, then only shitheads will have them. That'd be fine with me.

needsum
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Well, if you look at the British, they have a very big problem with criminals and guns. Yes, they banned all civilians from owning guns, but their experiment proves that the guns did NOT go away. It is now a free-for-all for the criminals.

Also, I read a study a few years ago where two towns in America were compared--one had guns banned, and the other allowed them. As you might guess, the town that had no guns had higher crime rate than the one with the guns. As part of the test, the town allowed the citizens to legally purchase firearms, and when the test had resumed, the crime rate had gone down.

Also, I see you keep posing the argument that gun owners do nothing but fall back on the second amendment. Have I done that? I have tried repeatedly to use analogy to show that there is a bigger issue here than guns alone. What do I propose can end gun violence and crime? Gee I dunno, how about we make it illegal to show gratuitous violence and sex in movies, on TV, and ESPECIALLY RAP VIDEOS. If anything should be taken away from the people of this country it is useless, mindlesss filth disguised as entertainment.

We glorify the lifestyle of crime, debauchery and violence in this country, GLORIFY IT, and I defy you to refute that. Look at the gang problem in this country--it has become an epidemic across the nation, not just CA and NYC, it is everywhere. It is fueled by the shit that is fed to us on TV, in video games, and in our music. And all that happens to these kids, if they don't get killed, is that they go to an overcrowded jail system that does little to reahabilitate them--it actually helps feed thier criminal ways.

So please, don't preach to me as if I'm someone who is on the wrong side of morality here. So far I have taken the stance of "leave me alone." I'm not trying to push my opinion on anyone, in an effort to take something away from you or anyone else; but your argument is for taking something away from me that means a great deal to not only myself, but a vast majority of Americans. So you may think I'm leaning on the second amendment, I am not. I am leaning on the values and rights this country was founded on as a whole.

Yes, sopmething definitely needs to be done about the gun violence in this country, and I don't think too many gun owners would disagree with you one bit on that subject. But lets try to all work together to try and come up with a REAL solution to an epidemic, can we?

Now, why the fuck are we still arguing about guns in HA??? Show me some Damned titties already for gods sake!!!!!!

I was not preaching to you, I was merely asking.

From what I just read the solution you are offering sounds like censorship?
You are saying that art is responsible for violence?

That totally takes things to another level.

But yes please go back to boobs. I for one am happy to live in a city that has some of the strtictes gun control laws in America.

Carry on.

hondarobot
10-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Well, if you look at the British, they have a very big problem with criminals and guns. Yes, they banned all civilians from owning guns, but their experiment proves that the guns did NOT go away. It is now a free-for-all for the criminals.

Also, I read a study a few years ago where two towns in America were compared--one had guns banned, and the other allowed them. As you might guess, the town that had no guns had higher crime rate than the one with the guns. As part of the test, the town allowed the citizens to legally purchase firearms, and when the test had resumed, the crime rate had gone down.

Also, I see you keep posing the argument that gun owners do nothing but fall back on the second amendment. Have I done that? I have tried repeatedly to use analogy to show that there is a bigger issue here than guns alone. What do I propose can end gun violence and crime? Gee I dunno, how about we make it illegal to show gratuitous violence and sex in movies, on TV, and ESPECIALLY RAP VIDEOS. If anything should be taken away from the people of this country it is useless, mindlesss filth disguised as entertainment.

We glorify the lifestyle of crime, debauchery and violence in this country, GLORIFY IT, and I defy you to refute that. Look at the gang problem in this country--it has become an epidemic across the nation, not just CA and NYC, it is everywhere. It is fueled by the shit that is fed to us on TV, in video games, and in our music. And all that happens to these kids, if they don't get killed, is that they go to an overcrowded jail system that does little to reahabilitate them--it actually helps feed thier criminal ways.

So please, don't preach to me as if I'm someone who is on the wrong side of morality here. So far I have taken the stance of "leave me alone." I'm not trying to push my opinion on anyone, in an effort to take something away from you or anyone else; but your argument is for taking something away from me that means a great deal to not only myself, but a vast majority of Americans. So you may think I'm leaning on the second amendment, I am not. I am leaning on the values and rights this country was founded on as a whole.

Yes, sopmething definitely needs to be done about the gun violence in this country, and I don't think too many gun owners would disagree with you one bit on that subject. But lets try to all work together to try and come up with a REAL solution to an epidemic, can we?

Now, why the fuck are we still arguing about guns in HA??? Show me some Damned titties already for gods sake!!!!!!

Have you ever actually used a firearm, or needed one, to defend yourself or others? Just an honest question. This applies to everyone posting in this thread. I'm just curious. My answer would be "no".

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 10:12 PM

Have you ever actually used a firearm, or needed one, to defend yourself or others? Just an honest question. This applies to everyone posting in this thread. I'm just curious. My answer would be "no".

I have not and I was a victim of a violent crime at 17. I still have no desire to own or carry a gun, even after being attacked.

My parents had guns in the house were I grew up, and I knew where they all were. Luckily, I never had any desire to play with them. But I did pick them up a few times out of curiosity. Hence the daner of having guns with children in the home.

LibertyHarkness
10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
here in the old united kingdom we prefer to get up close and just stab people as oposed to shooting them :)

no on a serious note, we have no guns as such in the uk but our gun crime rate is on the rise as well... i can see the argument from both sides to some degrees....but with knife crime on the increase in london/uk they say that many stabbing victims are actually stabbed by their own knife so i would imagine potentionally the same could be said of guns in the usa.. you pull your gun out if your not gonna shoot the intruder they will just take it off you and mostly like blow your brains on the wall with it..

lol yes i photoshopped the deathstar onto my tits,, couldnt quite fit the enterpise to sit right on my nipple .....

hondarobot
10-28-2008, 10:25 PM

I have not and I was a victim of a violent crime at 17. I still have no desire to own or carry a gun, even after being attacked.

Well. . . a girl having the option of protecting herself with a gun is valid, actually.

I'll take ya to a gun range next time you're in Minneapolis. Shooting targets is fun. Might change your mind on this whole gun topic.

:wink:

needsum
10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Somehow it looks like our last posts got merged somehow . . . hmmmm

needsum
10-28-2008, 10:37 PM
and I'm not even going to touch that last comment about art. . . lets just get back to the HA good stuff and be friends again!!

Jericho
10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
....but with knife crime on the increase in london/uk

Is knife crime on the increase in the uk?
Or, is it just more widely reported, as a cheap scare tactic, to back-up the so called war on knives.

They've got rid of the guns, now knives are on the hit list...I can't wait for the war on spoons! :roll:

needsum
10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
....but with knife crime on the increase in london/uk

Is knife crime on the increase in the uk?
Or, is it just more widely reported, as a cheap scare tactic, to back-up the so called war on knives.

They've got rid of the guns, now knives are on the hit list...I can't wait for the war on spoons! :roll:

Bravo!

and BTW, yes, tits are fantastic!

ducktales
10-28-2008, 11:30 PM
So my argument is, if you ban guns, gun crimes would of course be greatly reduced- i.e. following the example of the Brittish.

The British? You mean the people who carry knives 24/7. You are more likely to be stabbed or mugged there, more so than anywhere else.

Seawardlogan
10-28-2008, 11:35 PM
I Carry A Weapon Everyday, I Have For 20 Years In That Time I Have Pulled It Out 4 Times. Once For A Car Jacking Once For A Drunk Driver Who Pulled A Weapon On Me An Once To Save A Boys Life From A Black Bear,,,An Once Again For A Armed Robbery .......I Never Fired A Shot ..Im Highly Trained In Weapons ....I Bealive An Firepower !!! It Saves Lifes Also ............Scouts Out ! LOL I Hope This Pics Smaller .......I Trying ..An Hay Send A Shout An I Will Show All My Weapons .............

AllanahStarrNYC
10-28-2008, 11:52 PM
and I'm not even going to touch that last comment about art. . . lets just get back to the HA good stuff and be friends again!!

we were alesys friends darling :)

trish
10-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Doesn't it strike you as odd that one person on four different occasions has found a use for his firearm? Just shows you how crazy life can be. I've known at least several hundred people who never carry firearms and have never needed to. How should one interpret these stats? Could it be that when firearms are not present less violent resolutions to circumstances and conflicts can be found?

tssexychanel
10-29-2008, 12:01 AM
NO COMMENT THINGS SAID ON THE NET CAN COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU AND WE WOULDNT WANT TO LEAVE A TRAIL OF EVIDENCE NOW WOULD WE. LOL

I AM NOT AS DUMB AS O.J. AND COCHRAN IS DEAD I PLEAD THE FIFTH

marissaazts
10-29-2008, 12:24 AM
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v342/107/21/1544590633/s1544590633_30038032_7101.jpg

my ipsc racegun para 38super used this from 1994-1999 when i retired from competition

marissaazts
10-29-2008, 12:26 AM
my older early 90's racegun like 91-93

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v342/107/21/1544590633/s1544590633_30038030_6586.jpg

marissaazts
10-29-2008, 12:30 AM
my compitition ar15
http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v342/107/21/1544590633/s1544590633_30038031_6840.jpg

shoes and guns are my life lol ............not so much guns any more, but i still have 2 safes full

give me prada and parazzi :)

Mugai_hentaisha
10-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I have a question...

Because the Government has them and we know how much I trust the government

TES
William

trish
10-29-2008, 01:37 AM
I am a hunter, or at least I used to hunt with my father and I still support sportsmen and the second amendment. But my support falters when I hear people say they need semi-automatic weapons to protect themselves from the black helicopters of the evil government agents who follow them down dark allies at night. That's just whacky and whack-jobs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a baseball bat, let alone a gun. Yes, I'm against the patriot act but I also understand that a gun won't prevent a computer from "surveilling" your calls. We don't need a semi-automatic weapons to rid ourselves of that legislation.

Mugai_hentaisha
10-29-2008, 02:45 AM
I am a hunter, or at least I used to hunt with my father and I still support sportsmen and the second amendment. But my support falters when I hear people say they need semi-automatic weapons to protect themselves from the black helicopters of the evil government agents who follow them down dark allies at night. That's just whacky and whack-jobs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a baseball bat, let alone a gun. Yes, I'm against the patriot act but I also understand that a gun won't prevent a computer from "surveilling" your calls. We don't need a semi-automatic weapons to rid ourselves of that legislation.

I agree there are black helicopter nut jobs out there, I am not one of them. There is not trusting your government and there is conspiracy theorists. I am the former not the latter. I do not see my right to bear arms as my first line of defense to an increasingly overpowered government it is my last line of defense. I will continue to fight with words long before I "Head to the Hills"

You are absolutely right we do need the elimination of the Patriot Act, Do you honestly think Obama or McCain will do that? Or will they be seduced by the power it gives them? My guess is after January we will still have it.

Define Semi auto? Semi auto is the action 1 pull of the trigger yields a shot, a Ruger 10/22 is a semi auto as well as a lot of Shotguns. Many hunting rifles are also semi auto. Maybe you meant Assault weapon? Then Define assault weapon? To me it is simply any weapon I can assault someone with, I just watched Orgasmo and saw Choderboy assault a bad guy with a dildo, that can be considered an assault weapon.lol. However the government did define it and guess what at the end of the day the AK-47 was outlawed and the Ruger Mini 14 and AR 15 were still available to be bought, Humm why was that? Maybe the Government just looked at cosmetic characteristics of a weapon and not the actual Lethality of the weapon. Not that the lethality of a weapon is any better than cosmetic when it comes "Banning them". While the 7.62 X 39MM and 7.62 X 54mm are impressive calibers as far as being the Scourge of the Weapon world, yeah right....we hunt with calibers that make them look mediocre at best.

I never put down people who decide not to like firearms it is as everything else is, an acquired taste. I happen to like it

TES
William

trish
10-29-2008, 03:06 AM
...we do need the elimination of the Patriot Act, Do you honestly think Obama or McCain will do that?

Both have supported some form of the patriot bill. But which one do you think will listen to and consider the argument against? Which party do you think is more likely to overturn it?

As far as firearms go, my experience is with rather "primitive" weapons. I've hunted deer with my father's Remington thirty 'aught six. He acquired it from my mother's grandfather who says it saw action: one story puts it in the great war and another puts it in cuba with the rough riders. There's no one around anymore who can clear things up. It's a bolt action and if I remember correctly, it only holds five rounds...quite sufficient for hunting deer. No one in my family ever needed more than two rounds. I hunted groundhogs with an old 22 that only held one round, the one in the chamber. A single barrel 12 guage was for pheasant and rabbit.

So you see, as far as I'm concerned if you can fire more than five rounds or if you don't need to cock it between rounds, it's way more than anyone needs.

Mugai_hentaisha
10-29-2008, 03:29 AM
...we do need the elimination of the Patriot Act, Do you honestly think Obama or McCain will do that?

Both have supported some form of the patriot bill. But which one do you think will listen to and consider the argument against? Which party do you think is more likely to overturn it?

As far as firearms go, my experience is with rather "primitive" weapons. I've hunted deer with my father's Remington thirty 'aught six. He acquired it from my mother's grandfather who says it saw action: one story puts it in the great war and another puts it in cuba with the rough riders. There's no one around anymore who can clear things up. It's a bolt action and if I remember correctly, it only holds five rounds...quite sufficient for hunting deer. No one in my family ever needed more than two rounds. I hunted groundhogs with an old 22 that only held one round, the one in the chamber. A single barrel 12 guage was for pheasant and rabbit.

So you see, as far as I'm concerned if you can fire more than five rounds or if you don't need to cock it between rounds, it's way more than anyone needs.

I will ditto you on the more than 5 rounds. But I see it as an skill not to need more than 5 rounds. It should not be the law

your ole 22cal single shot wouldn't happen to be a Winchester model 67-a?

That was the rifle I was taught to shoot on. I wasn't allowed to use my dads 22mag bolt action that held 14 rounds until I mastered 1 shot. then I had to master that baby before I could go on to a 22 semi auto and my dad's 16gauge shotgun. By the Time i got to the military I had become a pretty good shot. Now however I have lost some of it but gaining it back slowly.lol

if you are ever in WV look me up Trish we will go shooting at a DNR range I promise to only use my 5 round ruger magazine in my Mini 14.lol

TES
william

OEMEnemyNum1
10-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Got an elk this year with an old 30-06.

I used to reload quite a bit when I was younger. Nothing like firing a homemade Hollow Point Ballistic Tip Moly Coated round.

Still the funnest, and cheapest gun for me to shoot is a good ole Ruger 22.

Mugai_hentaisha
10-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Got an elk this year with an old 30-06.

I used to reload quite a bit when I was younger. Nothing like firing a homemade Hollow Point Ballistic Tip Moly Coated round.

Still the funnest, and cheapest gun for me to shoot is a good ole Ruger 22.

Yeah I want to get a calico M-100 just because I love shooting 22cal. it is cheap and a lot of fun.

TES
William

BlkJewels
10-29-2008, 05:30 AM
3 5 7

TomSelis
10-29-2008, 05:58 AM
Here's my entry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/jjandmel/My%20Toys/HK_USP45.jpg

Coroner
10-29-2008, 06:37 AM
This makes me smile.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9310/mig35w2eg1.jpg[/list]

Bostonman4tglady
10-29-2008, 09:39 AM
There's just something about the modern gatling.

The minigun, which has made many a cameo in terminator, predator, etc.

& the much larger anti-ship missile defense Phalanx, 20mm.

Falrune
10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v342/107/21/1544590633/s1544590633_30038032_7101.jpg

my ipsc racegun para 38super used this from 1994-1999 when i retired from competition

Nice. I wouldn't even know where to start modifying a handgun like that.

Were you a factory team member? Did you compete against Rob Leatham, Doug Koenig, or Todd Jarrett?

thx1138
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
No, but I have a favorite Gunn.

marissaazts
10-29-2008, 05:42 PM

Nice. I wouldn't even know where to start modifying a handgun like that.

Were you a factory team member? Did you compete against Rob Leatham, Doug Koenig, or Todd Jarrett?

yes i know robbie very well we had the same home range/club and the springfield blue team was my first major sponsor way back when before they changed to springfield inc.

i competed against all of them and jerry barnhardt, jethro dieniseo(sp)
i was master class shot 6 nationals, 1 world shoot,8 american handgunner world shoots, steel challenges all of em, been on shooting shows and videos all of it

i still miss it some and have been tempted to go back i even contacted uspsa and they said if i have my "f" on my id they have no problems w/me returning, but in all honesty i felt uncomfortable going even to a pinkpistols shoot here reciently because it was at a indoor range where i shot 1 night a week for 10yrs

Falrune
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
yes i know robbie very well we had the same home range/club and the springfield blue team was my first major sponsor way back when before they changed to springfield inc.

i was master class shot 6 nationals, 1 world shoot,8 american handgunner world shoots, steel challenges all of em, been on shooting shows and videos all of it

i still miss it some and have been tempted to go back i even contacted uspsa and they said if i have my "f" on my id they have no problems w/me returning, but in all honesty i felt uncomfortable going even to a pinkpistols shoot here reciently because it was at a indoor range where i shot 1 night a week for 10yrs

That is fantastic... you shouldn't give it up... I don't really know that much about handgun competitions, but it really sounds like you have a fairly rare gift. I could never shoot fast and accurate (hence, I'm more into benchrest rifles and reloading) so I really admire people who can. Now that you've been away for awhile, I'd bet you can comeback like gangbusters. Good luck!!

InHouston
10-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I have a question...

AA ... you may need your weapon "Any time, Any where".

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmgE9csoMek

maximilian
10-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Mine is between my legs.

Yeah, but you only get one shot and it seems like it takes forever to reload. :lol:

BTW, Sig P228.

Mugai_hentaisha
10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Mine is between my legs.

Yeah, but you only get one shot and it seems like it takes forever to reload. :lol:

BTW, Sig P228.

I am looking into getting a Sig P228. I love my Glock 19 but I have been hearing some good stuff coming out about the Sig

TES
William

kimjongil
10-30-2008, 11:44 PM
I prefer the Phase Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range.

:lol:

marissaazts
10-30-2008, 11:51 PM

That is fantastic... you shouldn't give it up... I don't really know that much about handgun competitions, but it really sounds like you have a fairly rare gift. I could never shoot fast and accurate (hence, I'm more into benchrest rifles and reloading) so I really admire people who can. Now that you've been away for awhile, I'd bet you can comeback like gangbusters. Good luck!!

thx but after all these years of hormones, boobs and such i doubt i could be the lvl i was at not to mention i honestly dont want to deal w/the drama

KiraHarden
10-30-2008, 11:51 PM
109 mm Howitzer

KiraHarden
10-30-2008, 11:54 PM
109 mm Howitzer

DL_NL
10-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Weird topic to a Dutchman.

Anyway, my weapon of choice:

http://www.mouth-guard.info/mouth.jpg

Falrune
10-31-2008, 12:37 AM

WendyY0143
10-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Ah, a post after my own heart, though I reply a bit late in the thread...yes, I'm a throwback to the 14th century ,-)

I've handled firearms for the better part of 47 years and owned them for about 33. (I turned 18 in 1975, which is the minimum legal age in the US for rifles and shotguns, 'tis 21 for handguns). I have worked at 4 different weapons related museums. I have sold firearms as the employee of a licensed dealer in 6 different US states.

Folks, some of you would not have a personal vehicle if the sales thereof were as heavily regulated as firearms.

I've fired a wide variety of weapons: single shot, spring-loaded BB rifles, large bore semi-automatic pistols, muzzle loading muskets, machine guns, 105 MM howitzers and so on. You name the type of air or gunpowder projectile weapon, I'll name one of the family I've fired. (The instructor for my safety certification was unable to stump me with his collection of over 30 different types.)

I'm also an archer: longbow, recurve, compound and crossbow.

I'm also familiar with slingshots and thrown weapons (knives, axes, spears).

Also (no brag, really) I am experienced as both a fencer (high school and college) and fully armored, full-contact "sword and shield" combat.

In all that time, with all that exposure to implements with which I could be deadly, I have shot one other person; in the line of duty while I was in the US military (mid-80's).

That is only one of 3 times I have actually needed a firearm.

The other 2 situations involved armed intruders into my home (Omaha, NE in the late-80's and Dayton, OH in the mid-90's); having a firearm proved to quell these situations without bloodshed. The intruders proved to be cowards when faced with an armed opponent.

Otherwise, I am a hunter, competitive marksman, gun mechanic, safety instructor and safety officer.

My wife Annie is also a veteran and competitive marksman.

Folks, people kill people; guns are just a tool.

Worst damage I ever did to someone was with my bare hands. Back in early '78 I put a fellow in the hospital for 5 weeks; took 6 of my friends to drag me off of him.

Next worst damage I ever did was to shatter a former friend's kneecap with a baseball bat when I was in high school.

Both incidents were involved with the honor of a young lady friend.

Third worse was when I "flayed" the shoulder of a football player who thought fencing was wimpy.

For me (as I alluded to above) firearms are a tool. They are a very specialized tool.

One only (as I was taught) fires a gun for three reasons, 2 of which are deadly: providing food for the table, protecting the lives of others or oneself, and practice on inanimate targets.

No inanimate object is evil in and of itself.

Only humans have the capacity to be good or evil.

Transferring feelings and ascribing sentience to unliving artifacts seems a sign of undeveloped reasoning ability to me.

As for my "favorite" firearms, here's the top 12:

1.) 12 gauge pump shotgun
2.) .22 LR pistol
3.) .22 LR rifle
4.) .30-30 single shot rifle
5.) .45-70 Govt single shot rifle
6.) .30-06 Spfld scoped bolt action rifle
7.) .50 caliber :Hawken muzzle loader
8.) .44 Remington cap and ball revolver
9.) .45 Colt single action revolver
10.) .45 semi-auto pistol
11.) .308 Win scoped semi-auto
12.) .223 Rem heavy-barreled, scoped single-shot

My wife favors semi-auto 9 mm's and .223's.

Folks, I do, truly, hope that we live in a world where a firearm is a recreational choice.

I, unfortunately, have found that not to be so in all cases.

As the Roman orator Seneca said: it is not the sword, which is the killer, it is the hand, which guides the sword.

sucka4chix
10-31-2008, 02:04 AM
I own a pistol. I own clips and rounds that may be deemed "exotic". I NEVER carry it, ever, and I hope I never have to point it at another human being.
Many gun owners are just like every other chauvinist... they are so into their group that they are irrational and illogical. Even if there was solid proof that outlawing guns cut crime, they still wouldn't let their "babies" go.
Anyone who LOVES a device designed specifically to kill, is a flawed human being. That's what's wrong with people today--- they see guns as glamorous, and a easy solution to problems.
The things people don't understand are: (1) using a gun makes you self-appointed JUDGE of a situation (2)bloodshed is NEVER without consequence, even if done in self-defense, and (3) NO MATTER WHAT WEAPON YOU OWN, YOU ARE NEVER THE ONE IN CONTROL. If you are meant to die, you're gonna die, no matter if you have your fave assault weapon and your adversary only has a plastic spoon! Ultimately your weapon will not save your life. Think next time you supposedly save a life with your weapon, but something else horrible happens.

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
10-31-2008, 03:40 AM
This one

Mugai_hentaisha
10-31-2008, 03:50 AM
I own a pistol. I own clips and rounds that may be deemed "exotic". I NEVER carry it, ever, and I hope I never have to point it at another human being.
Many gun owners are just like every other chauvinist... they are so into their group that they are irrational and illogical. Even if there was solid proof that outlawing guns cut crime, they still wouldn't let their "babies" go.
Anyone who LOVES a device designed specifically to kill, is a flawed human being. That's what's wrong with people today--- they see guns as glamorous, and a easy solution to problems.
The things people don't understand are: (1) using a gun makes you self-appointed JUDGE of a situation (2)bloodshed is NEVER without consequence, even if done in self-defense, and (3) NO MATTER WHAT WEAPON YOU OWN, YOU ARE NEVER THE ONE IN CONTROL. If you are meant to die, you're gonna die, no matter if you have your fave assault weapon and your adversary only has a plastic spoon! Ultimately your weapon will not save your life. Think next time you supposedly save a life with your weapon, but something else horrible happens.

Never once said that a weapon would save my life laddie it just ups the chances.

I dread the day I would ever have to take a life. But i would deal with it as long as I know I protected the people I care about and or myself.

yeah that would include you all as well

Besides show me where outlawing guns actually decreased net crime over a period of time?

answer this one as well, if you were on a plane and your pilot's number came up does that mean you are along for the ride?

TES
William

Quiet Reflections
10-31-2008, 03:51 AM

excelent weapon with proven stopping power. to bad not many people use it

Mugai_hentaisha
10-31-2008, 03:54 AM

excelent weapon with proven stopping power. to bad not many people use it

Frengie Quote

Wider the smile, sharper the knife

TES
William

Quiet Reflections
10-31-2008, 04:39 AM
its funny that people think all gun owners are going to just use them. A few years back i was sleeping in my room and heard some glass shatter. knowing that house the way i did i could tell it was my sliding glassdoor into my backyard. The first thing i did was get up lock my bedroom door, Grab a gun and call the cops. In that neighboorhood the wait for the cops wasnt that long, so i sat on my bed waiting to hear footstep coming up the stairs. instead i just heard the cops yelling to make their pressence known and the rest is history. I had my gun and could have run out and stopped this guy from his snatch and grab mission but instead because of the things i have gone through in life(having to actually pull a trigger before) i opted to let it play out. i suspect more people think like me than dont. The educated gun owners consider these things when put into those situations, as self defense laws differ greatly from state to state. I also dont believe that my fate is already sealed because im positive i should have died on at least a few occasions. I will always fight back with knowledge first and force second and i keep my weapons as a last resort because there are evils in the world that will not just overtake me. Most people that have lived my life would have ended it by now but having the proper tools is what always help a man survive. And while sometimes words and a smile work they wont help deter a violent attack from a determined criminal armed or not.

BlackAdder
10-31-2008, 04:46 AM
NO MATTER WHAT WEAPON YOU OWN, YOU ARE NEVER THE ONE IN CONTROL

Blatantly untrue, which those of us with knowledge and training are aware.

My personal

Brrap-Brrapp...im empty:([/img]

DL_NL
10-31-2008, 08:53 AM
(pic of pamphlet from the end of WWII outlawing the possession of guns in Holland)
Worked pretty well. Gun crime is not a major factor here nowadays.

But I guess it's too late for the US.

barefootjoe69
10-31-2008, 09:07 AM

But that only works if you have the following:

Falrune
10-31-2008, 09:47 AM
(pic of pamphlet from the end of WWII outlawing the possession of guns in Holland)
Worked pretty well. Gun crime is not a major factor here nowadays.

But I guess it's too late for the US.

That was 1940, not the end of WWII. Your history is a bit weak. The Nazi's disarmed The Netherlands and quashed any dissenting political groups within the Netherlands. One of the possible outcomes of this enforced disarmament was the reduction of the Jewish population from about 140,000 to less than 30,000. You're right -- in a way, that worked pretty well if you were on the side of the occupying forces.

Surkis
10-31-2008, 12:29 PM
My 2 cents:

In defense of the 2nd amendment:

It clearly states that "The right of the people shall not be infringed". yes, it does talk about a militia, but it never specifically mentions that its the militia's right to bear arms; its the people's right too, and there's a reason for that; We have a militia in this country called "The National Guard". Who controls the national guard? The government...

But if the government controls the national guard than who's to stop them if the government goes awry? You see what i'm getting at here? That's why it says "The right of the people" because it is the "people's" right, not one military party.

Also people think the amendment was written only in case the redcoats come back and want to invade again. That's not the case at all. The Amendment was written for everyone's personal safety and wellbeing; Its just that the major threat at the time happened to be a foreign government trying to get all up in our shit. I mean look at it this way; Our forefathers were very smart people, and the "other 9 amendments" where incredibly well-written so that they could apply to our country for generation after generation after generation. So why is it ok to assume that although they laid down the foundation of rules for one of the best nations on this earth, yet leave in 1 rule that's dated and only relevent to a recent battle that they had? That doesn't make any sense. That's like saying the 1st amendment only applied back then when the redcoats were attacking, its just silly.

Our forefathers knew what they were writing about when they wrote this amendment, so to pick it apart and try to claim that it means only 1 thing for 1 form of military is basically a slap in the face to both them and the constitution.

In defense of gun ownership in general:

People are right; Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Yes, there are statistics saying that guns cause a lot of homicides (no shit), but what they don't say is who is causing them. Are legal gun owners going around killing everyone? Or is it the criminals? The fundamental flaw with most anti-gun arguments is that it lumps legal responsible owners in with criminals, and that to me doesn't make any sense at all. Assuming a gun owner is just a killer waiting to happen is no different than assuming a black guy is just a gangsta waiting to happen; Both are based off of no logic and really just don't make any sense. Its prejudice.

There are many reasons to own a gun; Enthusiasts collect guns, sportsmen fire guns, and some people just want to protect themselves.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to protect yourselves, is there? I mean you're ok with the police having guns, right? Well why? Because they protect you.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy who can do the same thing a policemen can except not have to worry about giving you a ticket if you drive a little faster than you're supposed to? :P

I mean it doesn't make any sense to say its ok for policemen and military personal to have guns but legal responsible citizens can't. That's basically being an ignorant hypocrite. Policemen and Soldiers are not magical beings who "unlocked" the "Secret" to using weapons. I can probably sum up their training as far as guns go in a sentence or 2:

Don't fire unless they show obvious threat, watch and make sure there is no one in the path of where you're shooting that you don't want to hit, 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.

There, that's it. Now you have the same basic understanding a police officer or a military person has as far as firearms go.

Plus, where is the irrational fear coming from? I don't know if a lot of you realize but guns are still legal in this country for the most part (save for retarded cities like chicago). Many of you are saying there are lots of risks with guns and you can end up hurting yourself and yadda yadda... That's not the case at all. I mean if that were true we'd have stories every day coming from the states that actually respect the constitution saying that there were tons of law abiding citizens who went all cowboy and accidentally killed a schoolbus of children, the media would have a FIELD DAY with that... yet it rarely, if ever, happens.

You want to talk about school shootings? How many school shootings have there been this past decade? If the number isn't even in the 100s than you're talking about a statistic that is barely accountable because if it only happens 10s of times (or less) per year in comparison to the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of gun owners out there, that's a pretty god damn small ammount of risk right there. You're better off saying you don't want to go outside because you might get struck by lightning or get eaten by a shark.

In regards to children; Your children aren't as stupid and innocent as you think; Teach them young. I learned about guns when i was 8. My dad got me my own BB gun and eventually I got to fire my uncle's double barrel 12 gauge at the tender age of 12. My dad treated me with respect and dignity as far as guns go, which in turn lead me to respect guns. Its as simple as that. The only reason why kids get in trouble is because they are curious. If you remove the curiosity and let them know the risks, than you've done a good job as a parent and the kid will listen.

Also, funny thing to add; Kids actually die more often from accidental drownings and burns than they do from accidental gun-related deaths. If you're gonna play that "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" card than you better be banning water and fire before you ban guns.

And just to throw this out there (Because its the only thing I HATE about Obama), anyone who supports the assault weapon ban either does not know what it consists of or they are braindead.

First off:

Assault Weapons are labled as such because of COSMETICS, not LETHALITY. Most, if not, all assault weapons are NO MORE DANGEROUS than your standard hunting rifle. No, i'm not kidding.

Assault weapons are RARELY if EVER used in crimes, and the AWB during Clinton's reign did NOTHING, and when it expired, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Oh, and one last thing (i could say a lot more on the subject but my porn downloaded ages ago and i need to get to bating before its too late):

Britian is not "safer" because of their anti-gun laws.

http://www.gunowners.org/sk0703.htm

As a matter of fact, many of these countries did not become safer at all, they are still just as dangerous, and now the citizens have no means of protecting themselves.

Don't think of a gun as a death sentence; Don't even think of a gun as a tool.

A gun is an equalizer.

Suddenly that old man is just as powerful as that young punk who broke into his house and wants to cause him harm.

Suddenly that woman is just as powerful as that man waiting in the alley to rape her.

Suddenly age gaps and genders and some disabilities do not matter anymore.

Criminals are cowards, and they prey on the weak. If our government actually cared and made it so that criminals knew our citizens were no longer weak and powerless, suddenly the risk is too high and crime will fall.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Pot is illegal too you know. How many times have you guys gotten high? Well think about that when you think about making guns illegal. I'm not anti-pot, but this is just for the sake of argument: If pot is illegal and you can get pot, than what makes you think making guns illegal will make it so that criminals can't get guns? Criminals don't obey laws, so all these anti-gun laws do is hurt the law-abiding citizens.

Its a sad thing that guns are needed to protect ourselves, but stop living with your head buried in the sand dreaming of ideal worlds that will never happen and realize that guns are here, and they are here to stay, so you might as well let the people who want to protect you have them than the criminals who want to harm you.

needsum
10-31-2008, 02:47 PM
A-fuckin'-men my friend. You've taken most of what I've sporatically said in this thread and, to me at least, put it all together in one well-versed shot. It's a shame that people get so brainwashed into thinking in one fashion that the simple, obviuous truth is impossible for them to handle.

I'm glad there are still plenty of us out there who still have a grasp on common sense, personal responsibility, and the belief of true freedom and the costs to keep it.

Mugai_hentaisha
10-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Well spoken Surkis

TES
William

sucka4chix
10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Well spoken Surkis

TES
William
'Fraid not. First of all, it's ludicrous (or a feeble attempt at clever rhetoric), to ask if legal gun owners are doing the killing or criminals. Of course it's criminals--- murder is still a crime, so a murderer is a criminal by definition!
And you speak of irrational fear and miniscule numbers of events compared to millions of gun owners--- OMG! Dude take a step back and look in the mirror. I can say I think it's irrational to think you have to own a gun to be safe. I can say the number of incidents where a person needed a gun is infinitesimal compared to the billions of people who don't have one! So that's weak.
I don't know if allowing citizens to have guns makes society safer or not, and neither do you, statistics and studies are always manipulated to fit one side or the other. Personally I don't care one way or the other. I do think it's interesting that people who speak of irrational fear have this rational feeling that taking their guns away will change the world as they know it. I also find it interesting that anyone thinks their right to bear arms allows them to defend themselves against the government. That's laughable.
The law says you can have guns. Fine. And some of you seem like sane, wise, responsible people. But everyone who can legally buy a gun isn't that way. I'm supposed to trust the redneck down the street's judgment, when he can't even spell NRA?! Pa-lease!
And the training you say law enforcement gets, while it might be less than you got, it's far more than the average legal gun owner living in an apartment complex. Will he unload his 9mm which he fell in love with, watching and admiring YOU, in an occupied building? Will he think about where the rounds go? Did he consider maybe this is not the right caliber gun for his living conditions?
Like I said I don't have a dog in this fight. My thing is THE SHIT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT! You people that vote for candidates who support gun rights but are total idiots otherwise need to be shot. On the list of important shit to do, making sure you can have a gun shouldn't be at the top, that's all I'm saying!

TheLongChodeAhead
10-31-2008, 05:02 PM
LOL @ pic of Leinad "Mac 10"... where did you get that? a flea market?

hondarobot
10-31-2008, 05:23 PM
People really need to stop dragging out the "what if the government turns evil" argument. It does nothing but make gun owners seem like a bunch of nuts. Let's say the government wanted to start implanting mind control chips and poisoning the drinking water, or some crazy ass thing. What is a "militia" going to do exactly? Wave some Winchester rifles around until a tank runs them over?

I agree with personal protection and gun ownership, but I think leaving "the armed militia" aspect out of the argument in this day and age is a pretty good policy.

Mugai_hentaisha
10-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Well spoken Surkis

TES
William
'Fraid not. First of all, it's ludicrous (or a feeble attempt at clever rhetoric), to ask if legal gun owners are doing the killing or criminals. Of course it's criminals--- murder is still a crime, so a murderer is a criminal by definition!
And you speak of irrational fear and miniscule numbers of events compared to millions of gun owners--- OMG! Dude take a step back and look in the mirror. I can say I think it's irrational to think you have to own a gun to be safe. I can say the number of incidents where a person needed a gun is infinitesimal compared to the billions of people who don't have one! So that's weak.
I don't know if allowing citizens to have guns makes society safer or not, and neither do you, statistics and studies are always manipulated to fit one side or the other. Personally I don't care one way or the other. I do think it's interesting that people who speak of irrational fear have this rational feeling that taking their guns away will change the world as they know it. I also find it interesting that anyone thinks their right to bear arms allows them to defend themselves against the government. That's laughable.
The law says you can have guns. Fine. And some of you seem like sane, wise, responsible people. But everyone who can legally buy a gun isn't that way. I'm supposed to trust the redneck down the street's judgment, when he can't even spell NRA?! Pa-lease!
And the training you say law enforcement gets, while it might be less than you got, it's far more than the average legal gun owner living in an apartment complex. Will he unload his 9mm which he fell in love with, watching and admiring YOU, in an occupied building? Will he think about where the rounds go? Did he consider maybe this is not the right caliber gun for his living conditions?
Like I said I don't have a dog in this fight. My thing is THE SHIT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT! You people that vote for candidates who support gun rights but are total idiots otherwise need to be shot. On the list of important shit to do, making sure you can have a gun shouldn't be at the top, that's all I'm saying!

Actually there Skippy ownership and the right to bear arms isn't the Most important item on my list. It is however in the top 4

1 Restoration of the Constitution as the the law.
2 Right to free speech. <--end all of this Political and morally correct Crap
3 the right for people to practice or not the religion of their choice. <--you want to be an atheist, fine but you can't restrict my right to be a deist.
4 The right for law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms if they want to.
5. The elimination of the income tax
6. the protection of my property from unlawful searches<--in other words declare the patriot act unconstitutional.
To me that is all a leader should be able to do, unfortunately we have no leaders.

I like weapons I do not feel I have to insanely protect my life I live in an area that has relatively low crime especially in the violent area. That is why I live where I do, but nevertheless I like them I will carry one as well as a knife. It was the way I was brought up plain and simple.

TES
William

needsum
10-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Again looks like another reply got merged incorrectly.

anyway, "My thing is THE SHIT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT! You people that vote for candidates who support gun rights but are total idiots otherwise need to be shot. On the list of important shit to do, making sure you can have a gun shouldn't be at the top, that's all I'm saying!"

Maybe you make a valid point here, but who the hell even brought up voting for candidates infavor of gun rights? What you've done here is to interject one of your own personal talking points as an argument, into a topic that has not even brought that point up. And you're also lumping a lot of people into a category that might just hold only a small amount of people, so just make sure you are fully aware of these things when you post.

Here's what I see as the bottom line in this specific debate: Allanah asked why we need guns because she was curious. And the answer? We don't. Seriously, we do not need guns. I certainly don't need a gun, yet I legally own several because I enjoy collecting historic firearms and I also enjoy using them at the rifle range. Owning them, for me, is owning and particpating in history.

And as to why I get so pissed when people talk about guns needing to be taken away, its simple. It is not about the second amendment for me. Its about people taking something from me because of some asshole who doesn't know how to behave, and making me suffer for it. Just as if the government decided that, because too many people are drunk driving and killing others, alcohol is now illegal.

And don't tell me that its different, because it is the SAME FUCKING THING. It's about someone's sense of personal responsibility, or more specifically a lack thereof. Nothing more. The firearm is not the thing thats doing the killing, accidental or otherwise, its the asshole who's holding it. The booze isn't killing an innocent, nor is the car--it's the fucking jerkoff who got behind the wheel. And as soon as America gets beyong the god damned frivolous lawsuit state of mind and re-accepting that they are actually fully responsible for about 99% of the shit that happens to them in their life, the sooner this debate and others like it will become moot.

People have got to stop blaming their shit on something other than their own bad decision making, and that is the only thing we should be discussing.

eddymunster90
10-31-2008, 08:19 PM
I love anti/pro gun threads on the net. They always turn into a shitstorm. People on both sides always turn to unverified reports and news that supports their side.

I hope all the people that are stand fast against hunting are vegitarians, cause those chicken breast you love don't grow on trees. Plus, you've never really eaten till you've had fresh kill.
Yum!!!

As for funs as self defense, well, it's like insurance. You don't want to use it, but you'll be glad you had it when the time comes. Yes, I have drawn a weapon on people who have threatened me. That was as a last resort of course. Not sure I'd still be around if I hadn't.

In all honesty I think people that have never used or owned a gun are very uninformed and just afraid of the power and responsibilty that comes with using or owning a handgun.

Oh, and gun control laws don't really work. Look at DC and Chicago.

Seawardlogan
10-31-2008, 08:51 PM
My Sub's

Seawardlogan
10-31-2008, 08:53 PM
I Have 4 Of These Type This PSSDM I Can Reach Out 1100 Yards

Seawardlogan
10-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Yep Got One Also

Surkis
10-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Well spoken Surkis

TES
William

That's just it though, its not a clever rhetoric; these are 2 very distinct groups.

I'll dumb it down a bit:

Group 1 (Legal gun owners) got their weapons legally. This group has a low percentage of gun-related assaults (whether it be murder or what have you), simply because its kind of hard to be a good criminal if they can track your gun back to you with the utmost ease.

Group 2 Illegal gun owners (which are the criminals I refer too) have a higher percentage of gun-related assaults, simply because its easier to do it with a weapon that's not yours and can't be traced back to you.

So no, there's nothing wrong with what i'm saying here; That's just how it is. If anything i'll phrase it like this: People who get their guns legally are less inclined to use them in crimes than those who got theirs illegally.

And you speak of irrational fear and miniscule numbers of events compared to millions of gun owners--- OMG! Dude take a step back and look in the mirror.

Ok... what am I looking at here? You kinda threw this out there but didn't say anything worthwhile.

I can say I think it's irrational to think you have to own a gun to be safe. I can say the number of incidents where a person needed a gun is infinitesimal compared to the billions of people who don't have one! So that's weak.

Well its obvious you can say a lot of things. I can say lots of things too, except what I say can be backed up by logic and fact, where as sadly I can't say the same for what you just said...

I don't know if allowing citizens to have guns makes society safer or not, and neither do you

Uh, yes I do know, and I base this on logic (Criminals don't generally attack people who can put up a fight) and fact (many places shown an increase in crime when they made guns illegal, and many places showed a decrease in crime when they relaxed their laws a bit).

statistics and studies are always manipulated to fit one side or the other. Personally I don't care one way or the other.

That's basically saying "I'm not a big fan of facts so i'd rather just listen to my gut instinct" which is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalala...."

I do think it's interesting that people who speak of irrational fear have this rational feeling that taking their guns away will change the world as they know it.

Crime when up in chicago when they banned handguns. *shrug*, so obviously it changed something. Many people use their guns for other means too; Sport, hunting, collecting, i mean its a way of life, of course taking away their guns will change the world as they know it. That's a pretty close-minded thing to say.

I also find it interesting that anyone thinks their right to bear arms allows them to defend themselves against the government. That's laughable.

Its better than absolutely no protection, is it not? Not saying that we should have to be worried about it in these times, but its not suddenly an invalid reason, especially when there are tons of people all over the world who are afraid of their own governments.

Because its the rednecks who always make the news for going in and killing a school full of children, right? Its always the rednecks who are always making the news because they went and robbed a bank, right? The guy who shot up that family in my city must have been a redneck, even though I live in chicago, right?

I mean it seems like your anti-gun sentiments are based off of an irrational fear of rednecks.

And the training you say law enforcement gets, while it might be less than you got, it's far more than the average legal gun owner living in an apartment complex.

Actually chances are if you own a gun legally, you would have fired it at some point before or during purchase, meaning you have some knowledge of how the gun works and gun safety. Guns don't magically appear in homes, you have to go out and buy them, and most of the people who do that know a lot more than you give them credit for.

Will he unload his 9mm which he fell in love with, watching and admiring YOU, in an occupied building? Will he think about where the rounds go? Did he consider maybe this is not the right caliber gun for his living conditions?

This doesn't make any sense at all.

So wanting to protect your bill of rights makes you an idiot? I gotcha. Of course there needs to be a lot done in this country, but that shouldn't have to mean many of us should have to worry about our 2nd amendment rights. It shouldn't be a fucking tradeoff because our right shouldn't even be a god damn issue to begin with. That's like saying we should accept a candidate who will attempt to fix our country but he's against our first amendment rights. That's not a choice anyone in this country should have to make. Hopefully Obama and Biden never get the chance to fuck anything up with their ridiculous AWB and "Common sense legislation" which is basically vague and devoid of all common sense.

Just because guns don't mean much to you doesn't mean they don't mean much to everyone else. Many people's lives revolve around their guns in more ways than you know, and to ban their ownership of them over irrational fear is just the saddest thing I can think of. I bet you wouldn't feel the same way if they were talking about restricting your freedom of speech.

SugaSweet
10-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Any gun that kills a violent criminal,rapist,or child molestor is my favorite gun.

JonnyT
10-31-2008, 10:40 PM
my glock 35. i take it everywhere. its plastic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/MyGlock2009.jpg

sucka4chix
11-01-2008, 03:08 AM
The point was that once a legal gun owner commits a crime,he becomes a criminal thus cleverly supporting your argument. Your statement inferred that legal gun owner and criminal were opposites.
I won't address anything else. If you see no sense in my comments, then you never will. There are plenty of flawed suppositions you made, but no ones gonna change their ideas due to a tranny forum, so I'll direct my energies elsewhere. Happy Halloween and happy hunting.

Pirate
11-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Dudes!....serious fire power. I got several from grandfather and dad when passed. A 1911 45 auto from WW1, 30-30-Winchester, 12 gauge double barrel breach loader, and a 100+ year old 30-40 top loader from Great grandfather who hunted with buffallo Bill...........guns and trannys........aint life grand!

Surkis
11-01-2008, 05:01 AM
The point was that once a legal gun owner commits a crime,he becomes a criminal thus cleverly supporting your argument. Your statement inferred that legal gun owner and criminal were opposites.

Generally they are. Of course the legal gun owner can become a criminal but the fact is that they generally don't. Criminals rarely start off as legal gun owners anyways.

I won't address anything else. If you see no sense in my comments, then you never will. There are plenty of flawed suppositions you made, but no ones gonna change their ideas due to a tranny forum, so I'll direct my energies elsewhere. Happy Halloween and happy hunting.

Basically you're putting your fingers in your ears going "lalalalala". That's fine with me.

wjcdiver
11-01-2008, 06:08 AM
This onehttp://www.forttroff.com/pigmart/graphics/00000001/gunstudiofff.jpg

irvin66
11-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Mine is between my legs.

BTW, Sig P228.

I am looking into getting a Sig P228. I love my Glock 19 but I have been hearing some good stuff coming out about the Sig
Sorry but i think a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow is a better pistol

TES
William

lakeluce
11-03-2008, 03:25 PM
http://www.enemyforces.net/firearms/tavor.jpg

Paladin
11-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Holy crap 15 pages of this ???

my favourite:

US Rifle, Caliber .30, M1

gunn
11-04-2008, 07:14 AM
NEVER FAILS!

Caprizio
12-03-2008, 04:26 AM
Clint Eastwood's gun from the movie "Sudden Impact"

justatransgirl
12-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Ok, Question - how come there's no girls responding to this thread other than Allanah's comments? Hummm...

Maybe if the world was just full of girl- girls and t-girls we wouldn't need a bunch of firearms?

But I do kinda wish we had an "asshole law."

Like... " the dude was an asshole, so I shot him..."

Giggles,
TS Jamie :-)

CORVETTEDUDE
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I LIKE IT!!!!

Dino Velvet
12-03-2008, 10:02 AM
If I hear the sound of inner city urchins breaking into my house the gun I bet my life on is a Sig-Sauer P220 .45 ACP. Very accurate, reliable, and puts big holes in bad guys.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/transgenic_girl/Heroes/Toy%20Chest/P220.jpg

Falrune
12-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok, Question - how come there's no girls responding to this thread other than Allanah's comments? Hummm...

Maybe if the world was just full of girl- girls and t-girls we wouldn't need a bunch of firearms?

A few others did reply. I recollect marissaazts was a competitive shooter. Below was the first gun I owned, so it still remains my favorite. ETA: Hmmm...the pic shows a flash suppressor on the muzzle... mine, as did all of the earlier AR10-A2s and A4s has a muzzle brake (three vertically elliptical holes on each side).

hombredetia
12-03-2008, 07:21 PM
This is one gun I particularly like, Franchi's SPAS12.
http://spas12.com/
Of course, living in Europe, getting hold of any gun,
is quite difficult...

hombre

zippylongorgan
12-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Hands down... Browning hi power preferably chambered in 9mm (own a practical) friend of mine has the 40 cal. dont like it as much.

zippylongorgan
12-04-2008, 12:06 AM
and to put that into perspective, i own a couple of glocks (30, 36) a couple springfield armory, a beretta M9 and a S&W 357 MAG.

TheFrenchman
12-04-2008, 12:52 AM
16 pages of post in just 1 month on guns...

I didn't read every post because I think it's pathetic, at a quick glance it seems that the majority of the post are on "guns" and not hunting firearms which I could tolerate... pathetic because the posters are proud to show off there's...

Is it possible that the majority of gun lovers that posted on here are Americans?

Peace from Canada

marissaazts
12-04-2008, 12:54 AM
no you are the pathetic one frenchie

Falrune
12-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Is it possible that the majority of gun lovers that posted on here are Americans?

Peace from Canada

Yes, it is possible. But the majority of the posters here are also from the USA.

Peace from the rabid anti-gun state of Kalifornia.

wombat33
12-04-2008, 04:03 AM
i know thats random but im a hunter and a member of the NRA and was just wondering if there was a gun the just made you smile when you see it i love the HKMP5 and the 1911

YEAH, THE ONE THAT SHOT PLAXICO BURRESS' LEG!!!!!!!!

what an absolute ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS-Kika
12-04-2008, 04:07 AM
I love the Spartan Laser lol. ^_^

Mugai_hentaisha
12-04-2008, 05:03 AM
16 pages of post in just 1 month on guns...

I didn't read every post because I think it's pathetic, at a quick glance it seems that the majority of the post are on "guns" and not hunting firearms which I could tolerate... pathetic because the posters are proud to show off there's...

Peace from Canada

Actually I am a West Virginian, pleased to meet you would you like to go and have a beer? how about some Moonshine?

Peace rules as long as you can back it up

Peace

TES
William

Janie2261
12-04-2008, 06:20 AM
I prefer ray guns.

plankton
12-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Mosin Nagant 91/30. I have one with a hex receiver and a PEM sniper scope. Collecting WW2 military bolt action rifles is one of my hobbies. One shot one kill. Owning a piece of history is something i love. The fact that each of my rifles went thru a world war and helped shape our history and our very way of life really puts things in perspective and is awe inspiring.

bulldog
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM

With your opinion and as a gun owner, what do you propose can solve gun violenceand crime?

Because I am not hearing that argument from people who own guns.
All I hear, is I have a right to own a gun, therefore eveyine go fuck themselves.

Just because you make something illegal does not stop people from getting them. Look at what prohibition did, bootlegging. Look at drugs, illegal and yet still coming into this country and filling our streets and people. You take away guns from the people that own them legally and responsibly, that will not stop the people who were using them illegally and irresponsibly. And if not guns then they will find something else to use.

I think we just need to be educated right, not have them taken away.

London Guy
12-04-2008, 02:34 PM
The Johnny Seven (now quite collectible)

stimpy17
12-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Those of us in free Countries have the freedom to choose whether or not to carry a firearm.

BTW, most free people refer to these as firearms or tools. Those that use firearms to protect their lives and the lives of loved ones are not the problem. Repeat offenders are the problem, criminals are the problem, law abiding free citizens are not adding to firearm crime.

MonsieurValentine
12-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I recently got a Benelli legacy sport 12-ga shotgun. A fantastic shot.

Belial
12-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I recently got a Benelli legacy sport 12-ga shotgun. A fantastic shot.

thats a nice one, im thinking of buying a benelli someday

i just got a remington 1100 tactical about a month ago

justatransgirl
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
LOL - this thread continues to grow. :-)

OK, I forgot earlier... I have my lover Miss Jessica and my best friend, "Mr. Glock" (mod 19) to keep me warm at night. LOL

And I have a 30 year old Charter Arms .38 snubbie
And a .22 derringer - every lady should have one of these little cuties strapped to her garter...
And an assualt shotgun
And a Stainless Mini-14 left over from my days of living on a yacht in the carribbean...
And I was an M-60 gunner back when I was in the 82nd Airborne.

SO DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!! :-) :-) :-)

(Unless of course you promise to choke me like in that photo above... )

Giggles,
TS Jamie :-)

racquel937
12-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I have a question...

In a perfect world there would be no guns, but in reality there are more guns than people. There are a billion AK-47s in the world. Gun control is impossible.

Ever notice that "gun free zones" are where a lot of bad things happen, like Virginia Tech and Colombine? Because there are no good guys with guns to stop the massacre.

I'm sure it's different in New York, but in the Midwest there are a lot of scary rednecks who would probably like to fuck me then chain me to the bumper of their pickup. I feel a lot safer having a gun and knowing I don't have to depend on the police if something happens.

racquel937
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
As the 2nd Amendment states:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

So what exatly does that mean? Doesn't law enforcement and the army fill that purpose?

A militia is regular citizens. I know mentioning this makes me sound like a weirdo anarchist, but the 2nd amendment doesn't claim to be about personal protection. It says "security of a free state." It's as much about citizens keeping the government in check as it is about citizens protecting themselves.

"Research by Dr. Arthur Kellerman has shown that keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one.

Kellerman's study is actually pretty ridiculous. He took data from the Seattle area around 1990 and hand-picked 300 of the 2000 homicides. His only question was, "Was there a gun in the house?" His study does not actually include data about whether or not the gun was used in the homicide -- or in fact if a gun was used at all. He found houses where someone was killed, then matched each one with a similar house where there was no murder, and magically determined that the house with the murder more often had a gun in it.

Kellerman's studies also make no mention of who got killed. If someone breaks into your house and you kill him, that still counts as a murder, and you had a gun, so it was a murder caused by your gun. Successfully defending yourself with a gun is now an argument against owning a gun. His statistics really mean nothing.

Another problem with Kellerman's study is that it doesn't show when guns were used defensively to prevent the crime. It only counts actual murders.

How do you deem that kids can't go buy bullets and shoot up high schools with stolen guns?

Banning guns doesn't force people to be responsible. If people are going to break the law, how does making another law change anything? If you honestly think you could get rid of every gun in the world that would be great, but that's not going to happen.

Freedom is about personal responsibility. We hold people responsible for their actions. We hold people responsible for the actions of their children. You can't just say, "Oh, some crazy kid shot up his school, so that was obviously the gun's fault." Look at the reality of a situation like Colombine. If it wasn't for the guns, they would've been using the pipe bombs they made, which would've been even more gruesome.

Yes, the USA has more gun violence than the UK, but the USA just has problems. We've got the highest prison population (both per capita and overall) of any developed country in the world -- almost 3% of the population! That's not all about guns, though.

Look at Switzerland. Every home has a fully automatic assault rifle which would not be legal to own in the USA. Switzerland has extremely low crime. So there's no real connection between banning guns and making people safe.

Anyway ... I don't know what my favorite gun is. I have a Ruger .22 I'm really good with. I've got a Glock 34 and a Glock 26 and a Mossberg 20 gauge. I like all of them a lot. I carry the Glock 26 a lot, and I keep the 20 gauge by my bed. I don't really like being associated with people who are excited about owning guns, though... and I really don't like most other people who like Glocks.

I live alone. I can't imagine being comfortable with a gun in the house if I had kids.

Toro
12-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I love this beast -- FN Herstal 7+1 12ga with a C more reflex sight.

There will be no jihad in Toro's neighborhood.

Toro
12-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I have a question...

I am also opposed to hunting for sport, I am opposed to the NRA and am also for 100% gun control.

That said - in my life - there are bad guys with guns who'd rather see me dead than alive, so I'm armed up hardcore. As for why I personally own what you call 'extreme' weapons... those are the weapons with which I am best trained.

My solution to the out-of-control gun situation:
1) biometric grip-locks (only the owner's fingerprints can unlock the weapon)
2) regulate ammunition purchases and make reloading illegal
3) toughen penalties for violators of gun laws and those who commit crimes with a firearm

bte
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Don't really shoot guns, but I was in the military, and I always loved the M-16.

werwt22
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
P90 hands down

kittyKaiti
12-14-2008, 10:24 PM

I love the HK UMP, Infanty Advanced Rifle (IAR), HK MP7A1, Tavor TAR21, HK G36 and Glock 17.

kittyKaiti
12-14-2008, 10:48 PM
In response to the thread discussion that's going on:

1. Self defense. The police cannot respond immediately to a call for 911 and not everyone has access to a phone. You must defend yourself from attack and guns are an effective weapon when people are properly trained.
2. Sport. Guns are fun to use. It's a fun hobby.
3. Government corruption defense. In 1776 the colonies fought back against governmental corruption and tyranny. They did this through the use of guns. Citizens were allowed to own guns and they used them to liberate themselves from a tyrannical government. Guns are needed to balance out the power between the citizens and the government. In the event the United States government becomes tyrannical, the citizens will be able to fight back and once again, liberate themselves. A very real scenario.
4. Taking away the right to own guns does not stop gun crime. The majority of gun crimes committed are done through the use of illegally purchased weapons. Criminals will always be capable of getting guns. The only result of taking away gun rights is that law abiding citizens will no longer have access to them. This is one of the reasons the DC gun ban was overturned.

donre
05-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Critics of the academies and free schools policies warn that the weakening of the role of local authorities in providing education will mean that some children - especially the most disadvantaged - will lose out.

Dino Velvet
05-25-2010, 06:35 AM
My Sig-Sauer P220 .45 ACP gets the job done. No need for modifications as it's extremely reliable and accurate right out of the box. Made in Germany so you know it's good.

loren
05-25-2010, 06:46 AM
My Sig-Sauer P220 .45 ACP gets the job done. No need for modifications as it's extremely reliable and accurate right out of the box. Made in Germany so you know it's good.
I've got a Sig-Sauer Mosquito .22. It's a great, reliable pistol.

donre
05-25-2010, 06:46 AM
And that is why we will have a pupil premium - a sum of money from outside the existing schools budget - which will come on top of what we currently spend on schools, in order to help children in disadvantaged circumstances.

donre
05-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Under this policy, extra money will "follow" disadvantaged children to whichever school they go to.

Dino Velvet
05-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Only thing I don't like about that one (P-220) is the DAO, even with the lighter trigger pull. Even in a DA/SA version you can't carry in condition 1. That's also why I don't like the M9. I know that particular Sig is a serious piece, but I still say 1911 for more reasons than I can list before this thing logs me out.

What kind of 1911 do you have? I always wanted to save up some cash and treat myself to a Les Baer or Wilson Combat Custom job.

princevince89
05-25-2010, 11:52 AM
The Klobb without a doubt

donre
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
South Korean K1 tanks could be seen on Tuesday conducting an exercise to prepare for a possible surprise attack by North Korea.

Silcc69
05-25-2010, 09:32 PM
YouTube- Real ALIENS pulse rifle firing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_dlAmBkr10)

LibertyHarkness
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
French Musket from 1777 - get in a real mans weapon :)

lead shot tearing flesh and bayonet

Dino Velvet
05-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Nighthawk Talon. If you get a chance, definitely buy a high-end custom 1911. There's really nothing else like it.

I've heard great things about the Nighthawk and saw a few at my local gun shop. They were like 3-4 grand.

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/nh_Talon_Blue.jpg

donre
05-25-2010, 10:42 PM
"We expect to be working with China as we move forward in fashioning a response."

Dino Velvet
05-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Worth every cent, son.

Might have to consider that the next time I get the itch to buy another gun. I went to the website and have to see what the differences between all of the models are. Most of the prices there were under $3000. Heard some guys from Wilson Combat were the ones who started up Nighthawk.

donre
05-25-2010, 11:06 PM
The incident required "a strong but measured response," she said.

Dino Velvet
05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I heard too. I never handled a Wilson, though. Only Springfields and a Para before the Talon. But I don't doubt any of those high-end 1911s: the Wilson, Les Baer, Heinie, Dan Wesson, etc. They're all superb. I went with the NH for the price, customability, customer service, history with Wilson, and coolness/looks factor. I've never shot anything like it. You'll be so happy with yourself when you get a high-end custom 1911.

You're a good salesman, sir. I think I will make a trip to the Martin Retting Gun Shop today and check out a few models. I noticed certain models and accessories weren't available in California. I wonder why that is. Our gun laws here suck and change all the time.

Caff_Racer
05-26-2010, 01:18 AM
I don't particularly like guns. I prefer knives: to quote a well-known film: "An elegant weapon for a more civilised age".

One of my knives (I have several blades to my name, and always have one about my person or within easy reach at all times), a Corsican "U Ricorsu" with a goat's horn handle:

http://www.leberger.fr/catalog/images/0302[1].JPG

My collection boasts another Corsican knife made by one of the island's master craftsmen, Paulu Biancucci, and I will soon be ordering another Biancucci blade, this time custom-made to my specifications.

pndme1
05-26-2010, 01:24 AM
http://sssli.com/images/Glock-30%5B1%5D.jpg

loren
05-26-2010, 02:28 AM
French Musket from 1777 - get in a real mans weapon :)

lead shot tearing flesh and bayonet
That's the style, Lib! Give 'em the Cold Steel!!

donre
05-26-2010, 03:42 AM
She said there was "overwhelming" evidence that North Korea was to blame, and urged Pyongyang to halt its "policy of belligerence".

slinky
05-26-2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/a/a8/Comppist.JPG/400px-Comppist.JPG

http://www.imfdb.org/images/7/77/ITLOFPlasticGun-2.jpg

95racer
05-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Not really a favorite, but have a few. The chariest are the guns handed down through the family. One is a break action shot gun that my Great Grandfather bought.

I really like a coach gun which I keep upstairs in my bungalow. Stainless steel, full engraving, beautiful wood finish, double barrel, side-by-side. Just like in the western movies, 'riding shotgun'. Everyone that sees it admires it. When I saw in the gun store I immediately bought it ($1200 ouch).

donre
05-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Your guns are chary?