PDA

View Full Version : Turn off the Filter

DatNigga4Real
08-25-2005, 02:36 AM
The filter has to be the worse thing i ever seen on an adult site. If u cant say Bitch or Nigga, then this went from HUNGANGELS to SESAME STREET in one day.............Who's wit me. :?:

UckedFup
08-25-2005, 03:38 AM
No filter.

Seems stupid to have animated anal sex .gifs, hardcore pictures, and advertisements for adult products, but can't type shit...

Okay, I guess shit is okay...

Fucking A

Vicki Richter
08-25-2005, 08:09 AM
I've started a word filter revolution. ;)

You can say b1tch though.

You can also say f****** b1tch. hehe

switchnyc
08-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Moderators;

Why is I can look straight up Vicki's a** (which is one of the best views, I've came accross) and check what she had for breakfast. But can't use b#!#!? You have much big issues then words that have been cleared by the FCC!

Vicki - you go a head and curse away!

hwbs
08-25-2005, 05:08 PM
we dont have that power..... fuckers hahahahaha :lol:

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 02:28 AM
we dont have that power..... fuckers hahahahaha :lol:

Why Not? Your doing something wrong then!

DatNigga4Real
08-26-2005, 02:40 AM
This shit does not make any god damn sense, im grown and so is everyone else on this site. The fuck cant we say what we please?.........Who da hell am i offending?

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 03:38 AM
If you can't deal with the F'ing Filter!

Can you fix the 'Similar Topic' that appear in place of Vicki's Rant!

Slither
08-26-2005, 03:41 AM
This has got to be one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen.

"Hey, go ahead and post a picture of a penis, balls, ass and hardcore shemale sex, but please don't use the B Word!"

brickcitybrother
08-26-2005, 03:53 AM
You mean you can't say Bitch?

brickcitybrother
08-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Damn ... I didn't realize what you meant... until I tried to say it (nee' write it). Damn... that is fucked up!

ezed
08-26-2005, 05:44 AM
I haven't been paying attention. Let me get this straight... we can't write f*ck, s*ck, c*nt, .....I get it..... the letter u in a word, it has been replaced by a symbol. Damn "U" as Charlton Heston said in planet of the Apes. I knew "U" was a bad apple from the start. It always held a grudge, since it was at the end of the alphabet. That's what "u" get for puttting up a stink. From now on the letters x,y, and z move up a notch.

So I say unto you, I WILL FXCK THAT CXNT, AND SHE WILL SXCK MY (BEACH) BALLS!!!

So put that in yoxr pipe and smoke it yox potlically corrected bastards who are ruining oxr society!!!

Go fxck yoxrselfs!!!!! :D

Ecstatic
08-26-2005, 05:49 AM
FWIW, in phpBB software (which powers this forum), there's a Word Censor feature which allows you to replace a word whenever anyone types it and which prevents someone from registering with that word in their username:

Word Censoring
From this control panel you can add, edit, and remove words that will be automatically censored on your forums. In addition people will not be allowed to register with usernames containing these words. Wildcards (*) are accepted in the word field. For example, *test* will match detestable, test* would match testing, *test would match detest.

It's a bitch ing feature, innit? :twisted:

The weird part is why has b1tch been censored but not cock, fuck, cunt, or shit.

Foto
08-26-2005, 05:55 AM
Can you say stoopid fucking shitheaded bitch?

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 05:58 AM
The problem that they are going to run into is that they are probably running in a shared hosted enviroment (shared db and admin) so they can't change the restrict list.

They have to get the ISP to also allow open content, which with 2257 isn't going to happen. Fed is only scanning code and text (via goog), don't ask how I know!

Foto
08-26-2005, 05:58 AM
Hey,this is the greatest fucking shit since tits were invented! Bitch Bitch Bitch is all you guys ever do. sorry.... I'll stop now you bitch.

Ecstatic
08-26-2005, 05:59 AM
It's a good job whoever programmed the censor didn't place a wildcard before the word bitch, else I couldn't say life's abitch. :P

(Hope I didn't give them any ideas....)

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 06:04 AM
I think you know why it is there! There are three(scratch that four) reserved words I can think of with that string in it.

HTML has one

PHP has a couple

You could easily use them and make some sysadmins day pretty shittie!

But they can still fix the new thing at the bottom!

Ecstatic
08-26-2005, 06:05 AM
The problem that they are going to run into is that they are probably running in a shared hosted enviroment (shared db and admin) so they can't change the restrict list.

They have to get the ISP to also allow open content, which with 2257 isn't going to happen. Fed is only scanning code and text (via goog), don't ask how I know!
I don't think so. The feature is built into the forum software and would only affect any instances of forums forked off that particular install of the phpBB software. It looks and behaves exactly like the phpBB word censor, and I don't see how the forum software would be integrated with a master restrict list outside of its own database environment, and if it were, I think the list would be far more comprehensive (fuck, cunt, cum, cock--should I go on?) Which words besides b1tch* are not allowed?

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Ecstatic,

I can get you the PHPBB list, if you want it.

You trap out any additional string that can be used merge or join restricted words which would allow access to [x]. An eu could run a script from a default browser css file and possiably get to code or sql. Think about and it will come to you

Ecstatic
08-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Switch, yes, I can see a script doing just that, but I don't see how you would run it from a css file, which is purely for setting styles. If you've got that trick, I'd like to see it!

I'm familiar with the phpBB environment as I administered several forums running phpBB for several years. But I can't imagine why someone would bother with a script writing to sql when the software itself provides the feature from the admin level, wham-bam-thank you m'am your censoring is done. More to the point, why b1tch and n1g*a? (And not n1g*er?) And those are the only two I've seen, which would hardly catch any 2257 investigator's attention compared with all else going on here!

Incidentally, I much prefer FUDforum to phpBB: it's more tightly written, the core developer is a great dude who is readily accessible, and the program is much more secure that phpBB which has all sorts of exploits.

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Think about a forum that you have to use you have to pay for!

Spoof header!

FBI calls you about items shipped to your house and billed to someone elses cc!

I think it is like 73% of all webservers have open IPs (to late to look in gartner)

NYCe
08-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Wow, another topic chock full of blowhards who know a little about a lot.

The Filters are in place why? Simple, as you can see HungAngels has already been deemed a "non-tgirl friendly environment". It doesn't help if thread that are supposed to aimed at the very girls you guys claim to love and lust after referred to these same girls are "bitches". We never had this problem until a few months ago when a few individuals came here and turned an adult board into a high school board with their unnecessary usage of certain words.

As far as the nee word as somebody put it, my inbox as well as other moderators inboxes are full with requests from members (who strangely have not responded to this post) with either complaints about the sudden surge in the usage of the word, or international users who want to know if this is a racist board because of the frequent useage of the n-word.

Instead of requesting the filters turned off, perhaps you'd do yourself a favor and ask why you feel the need to use words that other people find offensive.

d
08-26-2005, 11:08 AM

The Filters are in place why? Simple, as you can see HungAngels has already been deemed a "non-tgirl friendly environment". It doesn't help if thread that are supposed to aimed at the very girls you guys claim to love and lust after referred to these same girls are "B*****". We never had this problem until a few months ago when a few individuals came here and turned an adult board into a high school board with their unnecessary usage of certain words.

As far as the nee word as somebody put it, my inbox as well as other moderators inboxes are full with requests from members (who strangely have not responded to this post) with either complaints about the sudden surge in the usage of the word, or international users who want to know if this is a racist board because of the frequent useage of the n-word.

Instead of requesting the filters turned off, perhaps you'd do yourself a favor and ask why you feel the need to use words that other people find offensive.

THANK YOU......its like in the past 2 months after that wigger joined the boards this site turned into the projects...this site was cool before but now its like n this and b that, what the hell? i still can't figure out how any self respecting black man would ever refer to himself as a n word, especially outside a group of black people but i guess i'm too mature and grown. all you young bucks need to go google emmitt till and the kkk and see if all that n talk is so cool and fly, and that ebonics post a few months a go was total bullshit

Vicki Richter
08-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Well I for one am fine with being called a b*tch. In fact, my Unreal Tournament handle was sh3m@l3b1tcH. I mean most people would agreen I am sure. I guess I feel bad about being such a troublemaker and bringing up this topic. If it hadn't censored my Yahoo Fantasy Football league password I would have never known.

I do want to compliment HA staff for making this board a much better place. I think A is a little delete happy as the only sh3male moderator, but hey, maybe I'm deserving. I asked that some people be moderated so I accept that being applied to my smart ass-ness as well.

Some people ask why I keep leaving and coming back... I leave when it gets shitty and I come back when it becomes cool. That should be extremely obvious. Other people who have left and returned at times include Megabody so I am in good company.

V

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Sorry,

I should not have turned the topic into a chat between myself and another member!

Question for the MODS:

Can you pull the content or lock the topic instead of it vanishing? I have gone back to look for thing gone nuts because it is now gone. Also think about links to those topics or post. After a while it will become messy. I have had to run the site and fix the missing links. Not Fun!

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 01:01 PM

Thanks for fixing the clock! I was going to ask you what hosting servers where running these days on the Titannic!

GMT 0

EST -5

Tadmirer
08-26-2005, 03:32 PM
NYCe wrote -

"Instead of requesting the filters turned off, perhaps you'd do yourself a favor and ask why you feel the need to use words that other people find offensive."

CORRECT !

I'm not personally offended by the forbidden words, but the same points can be expressed without that language.
And if you feel that it's absolutely necessary, a few *** in your text will convey your extremely strong emotions.

Ecstatic
08-26-2005, 03:36 PM
The only real issue as I see it is the consternation caused by making changes without letting the community in on the what and why. After seeing the comments fly for a while in this thread and others I thought I'd mention the word censor as the probable explanation of how the censorship works (and then got sidetracked into an interesting but really offtopic exchange with switchnyc). Rather than refer to us as "blowhards who know a little about a lot," simply telling us what and why (which you have done, thankfully) would be a lot better.

switchnyc
08-26-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm not just posting to be the sarcastic dick that I am, but I do agree with Ecstatic. You are the Moderators, which means you need to communicate what is going on! Slapping the 'blowhards' on the wrist didnt do a thing to help the site and fix the issues that are causing the exoidus!

I'm not trying to sit here and picking on the Moderators. They do a thankless job that I would want to do. But, if you ready the posts from Ecstatic, you can tell he knows what he is talking about. Me you do have to lissen to me, I'm just a sarcastic blowhard. Oh by the way did I mention the fact the I own a MSP (two datacenters). And before someone says anything else! Just don't lissen to me.

DatNigga4Real
08-26-2005, 10:01 PM

The Filters are in place why? Simple, as you can see HungAngels has already been deemed a "non-tgirl friendly environment". It doesn't help if thread that are supposed to aimed at the very girls you guys claim to love and lust after referred to these same girls are "B*****". We never had this problem until a few months ago when a few individuals came here and turned an adult board into a high school board with their unnecessary usage of certain words.

THANK YOU......its like in the past 2 months after that wigger joined the boards this site turned into the projects...this site was cool before but now its like n this and b that, what the hell? i still can't figure out how any self respecting black man would ever refer to himself as a n word, especially outside a group of black people but i guess i'm too mature and grown. all you young bucks need to go google emmitt till and the kkk and see if all that n talk is so cool and fly, and that ebonics post a few months a go was total bullshit

D, shut the fuck up, why are u beating around the bush? This bullshit statement was directed towards me, Y couldnt u just be a man or woman or whatever u are and just say my name? Anyway b\itch, shut the hell up and go watch Springer or something. And dont fucking call me a damn "WIGGER", who the hell still says that? I am a black man, with a mouth just like the rest of you. Instead of putting dick in it and like you, i express myself and use my constitutionally giving right to say what the hell i please. Ya b\itch.........

d
08-27-2005, 07:15 AM
D, shut the fuck up, why are u beating around the bush? This bullshit statement was directed towards me, Y couldnt u just be a man or woman or whatever u are and just say my name? Anyway b\itch, shut the hell up and go watch Springer or something. And dont fucking call me a damn "WIGGER", who the hell still says that? I am a black man, with a mouth just like the rest of you. Instead of putting dick in it and like you, i express myself and use my constitutionally giving right to say what the hell i please. Ya b\itch.........

im laughing right now...you're so stupid u think im talking about you and i'm not, if i was i'd say it right to your online face. what kinda man is scared to call another guy out on the internet? not me, i've always said what the fuck i feel, maybe if u could read between the lines u'd realize who the fuck i was talking bout (moni) and not have been a dumb ass and gotten all wrapped up in this bullshit, geeez. and guess what u don't have a constitutional right to say what you want to say on hungangels because its not a public space, learn the law you dumb ass. if they censor u they censor u its their server.

DatNigga4Real
08-30-2005, 03:24 AM

im laughing right now...you're so stupid u think im talking about you and i'm not, if i was i'd say it right to your online face. what kinda man is scared to call another guy out on the internet? not me, i've always said what the fuck i feel, maybe if u could read between the lines u'd realize who the fuck i was talking bout (moni) and not have been a dumb ass and gotten all wrapped up in this bullshit, geeez. and guess what u don't have a constitutional right to say what you want to say on hungangels because its not a public space, learn the law you dumb ass. if they censor u they censor u its their server.

Dont bullshit boy, u know damn well u was talkin' about me. I was the only person that made the Ebonics thread. U were tryin to horse me and . on a sneak tip and shit. U gonna wait til' she leave HungAngels to say sum shit.

switchnyc
08-30-2005, 03:46 AM
Not taking sides in this, but this is the point the Moderators are trying to make! This started as a good thread that at the least explained things some what! (I know it didn't but just work with me) I didn't read every word of the he said - she said but come on let it go. There are a lot of things posted here that I don't agree with or really piss me of. I try (its hard, nothing better then picking a fight) to be the better adult and respect their veiw and move to the next thread. I know that no one lissen to me because I feel like the Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football after I post something!

PS Mods make the point up front and people will get it! They will also cut you a break and not give you s*$t! No instead treat us like blowhards that don't know anything!

Quinn
08-30-2005, 03:53 AM
DatNigga4Real,

It was obvious to anyone with the cognitive powers of a three-year old just who D was talking about – and it obviously wasn’t you.

-Quinn

DatNigga4Real
08-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Well D fuck it i quit. no hard feelings if any taken, if u wasnt talking about me then i guess i was jumpin to da conclusions. But you did say "self resepecting black man" . aint black.