PDA

View Full Version : Madonna's marriage is over...

Ben
10-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Madonna and Ritchie: Our marriage is over
Published Date: 16 October 2008
By BEN BAILEY

MADONNA and her film-maker husband, Guy Ritchie, yesterday announced plans to divorce after nearly eight years of marriage.
The couple made the announcement in a joint statement released by Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg.

Ms Rosenberg said the couple had asked the media to "maintain respect for their family at this difficult time".

She added that relations between Madonna and Ritchie remained cordial, and they expected to agree a settlement without going to court.

The announcement comes after months of speculation regarding their rocky marriage.

It had been reported that Madonna, 50, had wanted to wait until the end of her latest world tour before announcing the split.

Earlier yesterday, Madonna's spokeswoman, Barbara Charone, had declined to comment on reports that their relationship was over, but Ritchie's family had refused to quash the rumours.

The superstar couple's marriage looked finished in the summer when Madonna was spotted with New York Yankees baseball star Alex Rodriguez, and was cited as one of the reasons for the break-up of his marriage.

Weeks ago, Madonna and Ritchie appeared in a very public show of affection, at the premiere of his latest film, RocknRolla in Leicester Square.

The couple were married in December 2000 at Skibo Castle. The minister who married them yesterday said she was "very sad" to hear they planned to split.

Rev Susan Brown, who conducted the lavish ceremony and christened the couple's son Rocco, said: "It would be very upsetting if they divorced. I have fond memories of their marriage. It was a huge event.

"It is upsetting for anybody going through a divorce, especially couples with kids."

They have two children, Rocco, eight, and David Banda, three, whom they adopted from Malawi in 2006. Madonna also has a 12-year-old daughter, Lourdes, from a previous relationship with personal trainer Carlos Leon.

kaientai
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
hopefully this brakes the curse od guy making terrible films, wich started to happen when he got with madonna i blame her.

Just a joke for the sake of their childeren i hope they work things out nicely

altarica
10-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh no!!!
I hope this doesn't mean we won't see her out running on Cranborne Chase anymore,or that she won't be stopping at Brians Burger Bar to buy some water and have a chat when we are having some nosebag and a cuppa anymore.
She's alright Madge when you see her out and about on her own.Always got the time for a chat and a bit of a laugh.
Clapton stops there too when he is on his way to a days shooting.Nice bloke.

chefmike
10-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the update, fanboy. What, no Britney Spears threads today?

altarica
10-16-2008, 04:52 PM
If the "fanboy" remark was aimed at me then you are well wide of the mark.
I was being semi-ironic,but we do see the old girl and Clappers on a regular basis.
I am more of a Blues,70's Rock ,Funk and Jazz man myself,not owning a single on of Madges discs.But I shall pass on your best regards next time I do see the old bird when she comes off tour.

chefmike
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
I was referring to Ben the fanboy and yet another of his banal threads, slick. I didn't even read your post, as I couldn't care less about what someone has to say about whatshername.

melissacarter
10-16-2008, 05:44 PM
I am saddened by this news. I love Madonna and will be seeing her November 22nd.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I am saddened by this news. I love Madonna and will be seeing her November 22nd.

You are in for an amazing time.
I went twice in NYC, it was AMAZING.

I read that yesterday and I felt very sad. Maybe it's because Madonna's music and entertainment has been part of my life since I can remember, or because the end of a relationship is so sad. Just seems to be a hard place to be at 50.

In any case, sad news over all.

phobun
10-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Personally, I believe that she's no longer a sex symbol, and I have no interest in perimenopausal gay icons. Senior citizens should have the decency not to parade their goods on stage. The world needs more iconoclasts to dispute the celebrity of old fogies like Madonna and the Strolling Bones.

AllanahStarrNYC
10-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Personally, I believe that she's no longer a sex symbol, and I have no interest in perimenopausal gay icons. Senior citizens should have the decency not to parade their goods on stage. The world needs more iconoclasts to dispute the celebrity of old fogies like Madonna and the Strolling Bones.

Is that really called for?

First of all, she looks amazing for her age. I've been to the last of her four tours, and at 50 she has the same energy she did 20 years ago. She is not a senior citezen and being 50 is not old. She has transionited her career and look with her age.

Madonna is far beyond a 'gay icon'- she is an icon period. Think what you may of her her success and influence can't be denied. To STILL be selling out arenas at 50, 25 plus years into her career when many of her comtemporaries and younger artist can't is a tribute to her long lasting success.

She is the greatest performance artist of our time.

phobun
10-16-2008, 07:11 PM

First of all, she looks amazing for her age. I've been to the last of her four tours, and at 50 she has the same energy she did 20 years ago. She is not a senior citezen and being 50 is not old. She has transionited her career and look with her age.

Madonna is far beyond a 'gay icon'- she is an icon period. Think what you may of her her success and influence can't be denied. To STILL be selling out arenas at 50, 25 plus years into her career when many of her comtemporaries and younger artist can't is a tribute to her long lasting success.

Exactly. It is a tribute by the cohort who has aged with her... a tribute to her long lasting success, but not necessarily her current songs. The demographics of those who follow Madonna are likely similar to those of George Michael: aging men and some women who remember the artists in their heyday. Analogous to a pink floyd concert, where any teens needed to elbow past all the aging hippies. Maybe someday when I get older, then perhaps 50 won't seem so old, but right now 50 years old seems like ancient history. I guess it's relative to where a person currently is in his or her life. However, I think it's notable that the AARP, a senior's organization, allows the elderly to begin joining at age 50. If a 50 year old doesn't think she's old, the AARP sure seems to think so!

NYBURBS
10-16-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm in my early 30's and I have to say 50 doesn't seem that old or that far off anymore (life goes by quickly).

MrsKellyPierce
10-16-2008, 07:59 PM
so sad how someone breaking up or being divorced because front page news or someone else's gossip :(

AllanahStarrNYC
10-16-2008, 08:58 PM

Exactly. It is a tribute by the cohort who has aged with her... a tribute to her long lasting success, but not necessarily her current songs. The demographics of those who follow Madonna are likely similar to those of George Michael: aging men and some women who remember the artists in their heyday. Analogous to a pink floyd concert, where any teens needed to elbow past all the aging hippies. Maybe someday when I get older, then perhaps 50 won't seem so old, but right now 50 years old seems like ancient history. I guess it's relative to where a person currently is in his or her life. However, I think it's notable that the AARP, a senior's organization, allows the elderly to begin joining at age 50. If a 50 year old doesn't think she's old, the AARP sure seems to think so!

First of all, I went to two Madonna concerts last week. Behind me there were girls seated that weare cleary in their late teens. When I looked around , I saw all ages and all kinds of people-so I think your analysis is incorrect.

As for beign an aging, cohort- I have bad news for you, we are all aging.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
lol You go girl (Allanah)!! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

AllanahStarrNYC
10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
lol You go girl (Allanah)!! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Hello! :)

Since apparently he is not aging, he will have to tell us what he is doing. LOL

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-16-2008, 09:45 PM
lol I heard cum facials does a face good! :lol: ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

NYBURBS
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
lol I heard cum facials does a face good! :lol: ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Oh God :wink:

melissacarter
10-16-2008, 10:20 PM

Punk comes in here two days ago, starts spewing nonsense and acts like he owns the place.

Madonna is the greatest entertainer of our times.

http://melissacarter.net/madonna.html

lahabra1976
10-16-2008, 11:25 PM
personally I think madonna is still a good entertainer and hot. She has done a really good job keeping herself "in the mix" for so long. Do you think she will be getting with Alex Rodriguez now?

kaientai
10-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Madonna is a good/great entertainer but best of our times for me no Freddy Mercury is better and M. Jackson ties with her at least that's my opinion.

Music she tries but has a lot of help for me that's not being a great musician, she just knows who is hot (tiimbaland etc) and knows who to ask. However she is a pop icon

Crawler
10-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Madonna is complex. Or rather, our image of Madonna. None of us know Madonna, even if we have seen Truth or Dare twenty times.

The first and most distinctive thing about Madonna is her sheer will. She will not be denied. She insists on expressing herself and doing what she feels is right and good and appropriate. This alone makes her worth the watch, worth the wait. It is what so many of her fans take strength from.

Secondly, her material, with the exception of this last disc, has remained strong. She gets amazing producers, writes quite well although she would be the first to admit they are pop songs and by their nature not complex Dylanesque musings on eternity. Her material stands up. This is another reason she has retained the power to sell out places.

Thirdly, she is in amazing shape. One reason why her marriage likely fell apart and why she's likely not the easiest person to get along with, one presumes, is her dedication to herself. She is devoted to her fitness, her appearance, her inner growth and her self to a startling extent. Were we all afforded the luxury, through the safety net that millions provide, to devote ourselves to our bodies and appearance, we might - a big "might" - reach her divine shape. Again, it's not just time but her steely will and discipline. I love the fact she's not a fucking drug addict or drunk. Great role model.

Fourth, she is a tour mother. The young fierce talent she surrounds herself with in these dancers are mind-boggling. Mind-blowing. But she, I believe, judging on what I've read, is protective and nurturing of them and gives them a great role model to aspire to. I'm sure Sheryl Crow didn't learn much from Michael Jackson.

Now we get to where starlets like our darling Allanah will rip me to shreds. She is an exceptional, tireless and unique performer but not nearly the best of all time. When I saw her in Atlantic City on the Confessions tour for the one and only time, what struck me was her insatiable demand that she be looked at. She must have all attention on her and it becomes tedious at times. Oh look, here she is coming out of an egg. Oh yes, she's on a saddle. Did I have a good time? Of course. Do I love her? We all do. Do I admire her? Yes.

But the pedantic diatribes fall flat (i.e., McCain as Hitler) and her bossiness - which comes out in her stage banter also detract from her overall performance. I was surprised she referred to her freshly ex-husband as an "emotional retart". That's just zero class.

That's my take on one of the most unique and long-lasting megatalents of our time but not the best. It's all about her when you go to her show and the best performers, to me at least (less I draw the enternal hatred of one and all) is that it's about "us". A concert is a communal event at it's best - not a naracissistic exercise in celebriphelia.

phobun
10-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Since apparently he is not aging, he will have to tell us what he is doing. LOL
I might be getting old if I say that, in some cases, "aging" is too euphemistic.

Entry Word: aging
Function: adjective
Text: being of advanced years and especially past middle age <more and more middle-aged adults must care for aging parents>— see elderly

Paladin
10-17-2008, 06:16 AM
Who gives a rats ass

Ben where are al your great pic post threads???

phobun
10-17-2008, 06:33 AM
But the pedantic diatribes fall flat (i.e., McCain as Hitler) and her bossiness - which comes out in her stage banter also detract from her overall performance. I was surprised she referred to her freshly ex-husband as an "emotional retart". That's just zero class.

What the hell was Guy thinking? He was a successful 31-32 year old stud, who could have had his pick of pussy, and he married an erratic divorcee 10 years his senior, who already had a child? WTF!

Paladin
10-17-2008, 07:12 AM

What the hell was Guy thinking? He was a successful 31-32 year old stud, who could have had his pick of pussy, and he married an erratic divorcee 10 years his senior, who already had a child? WTF!

Umm he was thinking of the money...

arnie666
10-17-2008, 07:40 AM
It's a shame that guy who was stalking her a few years back didn't complete his mission! Madonna is one seriously disgusting slag.

She also advocates violence against women. I wouldn't want to put chef mikes dick up her hoop let alone me own. Nasty saggy old cunt.

NYBURBS
10-17-2008, 08:52 AM
It's a shame that guy who was stalking her a few years back didn't complete his mission! Madonna is one seriously disgusting slag.

She also advocates violence against women. I wouldn't want to put chef mikes dick up her hoop let alone me own. Nasty saggy old cunt.

There's an intelligent post :roll: You seem to have misplaced your rock, please go find it and crawl back under thx

phobun
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM

In Guy's case, he knew commercial success as a filmmaker prior to marrying Madonna and was far from broke. Personally, I cannot fathom selling my sanity and happiness to a dried-up lamia, for any sum of money. For me, nothing is worth the Hollywood Squares version of Harold and Maude.

It is bad enough when some old lecher's dick takes command and permits him to marry a young gold-digger. But for a young man, the true mark of stupidity is when an already successful guy sells out for an older shrew. I believe that no amount of greed can account for that, and that such a man is either a total moron, or definitely straight like David Gest, or both.

Maybe some guys just go wobbly and lose site of the serpent the second they put on the rose-tinted glasses. The mirage of love is where tragedies occur.

mrbig
10-17-2008, 01:53 PM
RE: Madonna's marriage is over...

Why doesn't this surprise me one bit? It was just a matter of time before they wud split....

Cmon, we all know she always had a penchant for "good lookin" latinos, right? :roll:

http://guanabee.com/2008/07/the-latinofication-of-madonna.php
:P :lol:

melissacarter
10-17-2008, 02:46 PM

In Guy's case, he knew commercial success as a filmmaker prior to marrying Madonna and was far from broke. Personally, I cannot fathom selling my sanity and happiness to a dried-up lamia, for any sum of money. For me, nothing is worth the Hollywood Squares version of Harold and Maude.

It is bad enough when some old lecher's dick takes command and permits him to marry a young gold-digger. But for a young man, the true mark of stupidity is when an already successful guy sells out for an older shrew. I believe that no amount of greed can account for that, and that such a man is either a total moron, or definitely straight like David Gest, or both.

Maybe some guys just go wobbly and lose site of the serpent the second they put on the rose-tinted glasses. The mirage of love is where tragedies occur.

You think you can write but are in fact serving up the poison of your soul for a quick laugh.

francisfkudrow
10-17-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm disappointed in Madonna. Guy Ritchie had character. A-Rod is a boring jock.

Now that she's not married to Guy, her license to speak with a British accent should be revoked.

hwbs
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
who cares...and arod is just as much of an idiot...

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I cannot believe people talking about morals when majority of people here in the good 'ol USA or Europe are all mostly products of divorces and some of which are bastard off springs (born out of wedlock). Here on HA, guys hiding their tranny addiction from their gf's/wives, friends and families do not have a lot of room to talk!

Next time you haters talks about Madonna being a skank, worn out cunt, slag what have you..please go look at your mothers and be reminded how many men your slag of a mother's have slept with before she ever had you! :roll:

Leave the girl alone..

~Kisses.

HTG

lupinIII
10-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Madonna is pretty cool, how she has repeatedly reinvented herself to perfectly exploit her demographics is frakkin' genius. Her versatility is almost unmatched, save by other immortals such as Michael Jackson.

On the other hand, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was one of my favourite movies as a teen, and Snatch had some absolutely freakin' genius hilarious moments. Ritchie's movies have yielded some of the most quotable quotes ever.

Tyrone: I don't want that dog dribblin' on my seats!
Vincent: Your seats?! Tyrone, this is a stolen car mate!

Saul: Whotsat?
Vincent: Hah hah! This is a shotgun Saul
Saul: It's a fuckin' anti-aircraft gun Vincent!

Vincent: Whot we stopped 'ere for? Whotswrong with that space over there?
Tyrone: ... It's too tight!
Vincent: Too tight?! You could land a jumbo fuckin' jet in there!

[Tyrone just backed into Franky Four Fingers' van]
Tyrone: I didn't see it there.
Vinny: It's a four ton truck, Tyrone. Its not as if it's a bag of fucking peanuts, is it?
Tyrone: It was a funny angle.
[All three turn and look back at the truck]
Vinny: It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come from behind you.

Tommy: Are you sayin' I can't shoot?
Turkish: No Tommy, I'm not saying you can't shoot. I know you can't shoot. I'm saying that six-pound piece of shit stuck in your trousers would do more damage if you fed it to him.

bassman2546
10-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Does that mean that she's going to leave the fake on-again-off-again British accent behind as well?