PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles fires

Bob's Tgirls
10-14-2008, 12:04 AM
This is outside the normal realm of subjects here. Fires have erupted in my area today. There has been loss of homes and 2 fatalities so far. I posted some pics I took from my neighborhood on bobstgirlsblog.com (http://bobstgirlsblog.com).

There are now evacuations within about a mile of my home. My home is currently not in imminent danger. However of the 7 years I've lived here, this is the closest fires have come.

This is an annual situation that occurs in October - November in which Santa Ana winds blow hot dry air from the desert areas to Southern California communities and forests. I'm watching homes burning on the news right now.

Unfortunately in addition to the natural conditions that make the fire danger so great, there are arsonists who like to start fires at this most dangerous time.

MrsKellyPierce
10-14-2008, 12:05 AM
how sad, I hope it gets better by this weekend when I arrive in town.

Falrune
10-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Good luck. Looks like the Marek Fire may have hit my shooting range.

Willie Escalade
10-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I meant to message you to make sure everything is kewl.

I work in Sun Valley; my job takes me to Sylmar and Canoga Park, so I saw the fires up pretty close. Below are a few pictures I took this morning with my camera phone; obviously I was far away when I took these, but you can see how much smoke there was.

Tara Emory
10-14-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm worried for all you guys in LA- Hope they can put these out soon or they'll spead to uninhabited land!

I'll gladly come over to pee on the fires if it will help!

-Tara

a994
10-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Good luck to those of you in northern L.A. County, and PLEASE be careful.

Bob's Tgirls
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm worried for all you guys in LA- Hope they can put these out soon or they'll spead to uninhabited land!

I'll gladly come over to pee on the fires if it will help!

-Tara

Even if it doesn't help, I'd like to watch you pee on the fires anyway. :lol:

luv4Tgirls
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Bob I am right there with ya about Tara, won't help but want to see it.