PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire

saifan
10-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Don't know much about these guys but have been hearing this track on the radio a lot and I really like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHhhcKxflMY

hondarobot
10-13-2008, 05:45 AM
Another band to be remembered for being forgotten.

I don't know why these guys get that status when a band like The Tragically Hip will never even be known by most people. They may still be big in Canada, but these guys were way more cool then The Kings Of Leon (and similar in music style, kinda).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y-ezKlKY9k&feature=related

Maximus25
10-13-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm a big Kings of Leon fan! I saw them at Toad's Place this past April, however, I am a little disappointed from the tracks I heard from their new album on hypem.com. I would like to interject and suggest everyone pick up the new TV On The Radio album called Dear Science as well as Cut Copy's In Ghost Colors. Both phenomenal records and Cut Copy's new album has some of the best dance tracks of the year.

Maximus25
10-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Cut Copy's lead single is Lights and Music but i think the best song on the album is Out There on the Ice. Here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI3tstEeY7g

dderek123
10-13-2008, 07:02 AM
King's of Leon are a pretty rockin band. But I like there first two albums a lot more than their new stuff. Aha Shake Heartbreak would be my favorite for it's retro style sound. There song Soft makes me chuckle every time.

The Hip are pretty good. I've seen them three or four times live. They have lots of classic tunes on a few classic albums but the last few have been so-so. I tuned out after the Music at Work album.

BlackMath
10-13-2008, 09:10 AM
King's of Leon are a pretty rockin band. But I like there first two albums a lot more than their new stuff. Aha Shake Heartbreak would be my favorite for it's retro style sound. There song Soft makes me chuckle every time.

Agreed. This new album sucks arse though. It's trying too hard to be stadium rock. I respect how they have grown on each of their successive albums, but Aha Shake Heartbreak will always be my favourite, cause it's got that slight punky edge to it.

MonsieurValentine
10-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Agreed. This new album sucks arse though. It's trying too hard to be stadium rock. I respect how they have grown on each of their successive albums, but Aha Shake Heartbreak will always be my favourite, cause it's got that slight punky edge to it.

I disagree. I think 'Young & Young Manhood' is their best. Songs like Molly's Chambers and California Waiting. Good stuff. 'Aha' is a close second, but definitely second.

But I do think that this new one, 'Only By The Night' is much, much better than 'Because Of The Times'. Tracks Use Somebody and Manhattan are really great. I don't hear stadium rock, at all. Maybe a little on Sex Is On Fire, but they are just evolving and I think this new album is a great look.