PDA

View Full Version : Captain America

EaRSh0ot
10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Im looking for the badass picture of Captain America in the rain with long hair and looking down....i think it was someones avatar forawhile on here.

And on another note, Who else thinks the Captain america movie coming in 2011 is gonna be badass. We are in for some really cool movies here in the next few years, Wolverine, Thor, Captain america, The Avengers.....fuck yeah.

Tiffany Anne
10-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Do you mean this one?

It's actually Ultimate Thor, holding Ultimate Iron Man's helmet and Cap's shield.

(Ultimate is a line of Marvel Comics featuring...I don't know...more mature? more gritty? More eXXXXXXXtreme? versions of the regular characters...like Thor isn't a god, but just some drunk scandanavian and Cap isn't a paragon of all that's good about the United States, but basically the thuggiest of soldiers.)

EaRSh0ot
10-11-2008, 11:39 PM
oh sweet, didnt know that, i always thought it was the Capn but thats sweet, ill have to look into this "ultimate" line sounds good.

scroller
10-11-2008, 11:50 PM
I have the collections of Ultimates 1 & 2. Honestly I love the art and the characterizations.

However, the payoff at the end of both collections really doesn't do it for me, it felt like a very confused mess both times. Furthermore, if you think about it, both 1 & 2 have practically the exact same story arc.

Justawannabe
10-12-2008, 10:10 AM
That was my primary issue with the Ultimate lines... the end game didn't do it for me and the second run felt like a re-write.

A lot of comics seem to be drifting lately. The stories often can't pull together an convincing ending and a lot of the stories lines are ones I remember from ten years ago. Worse, random deaths have become the way to add drama to the stories. Plenty of that in real life folks... I don't read comics for real life style horror and pain... I read them to feel that good can triumph even in a world that seems so evil.

Sean