PDA

View Full Version : Miss International Queen in Thailand postponed

Dravina
10-04-2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.missinternationalqueen.com/home.htm

quoting from the website:

"It is with regret that Tiffany's Show Pattaya is postponing the Miss International Queen ™ 2008 pageant until further notice. A new date is to be advised soon. The organizing committee and board of directors of Miss International Queen had to take this painful decision due to the recent political instability and unrest in Thailand, which has seen a state of emergency been applied. Despite the trouble free and safe environment within Thailand, several Europeans and Asian countries have advised their citizens not to travel to Thailand through “travel warnings”, which has jeopardized the participation of some contestants."

Sunny Dee-lite
10-04-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.missinternationalqueen.com/home.htm

quoting from the website:

"It is with regret that Tiffany's Show Pattaya is postponing the Miss International Queen ™ 2008 pageant until further notice. A new date is to be advised soon. The organizing committee and board of directors of Miss International Queen had to take this painful decision due to the recent political instability and unrest in Thailand, which has seen a state of emergency been applied. Despite the trouble free and safe environment within Thailand, several Europeans and Asian countries have advised their citizens not to travel to Thailand through “travel warnings”, which has jeopardized the participation of some contestants."

I am very sad about this...Just got word on the matter...It takes alot to get ready for a pageant physically, mentally, and emotionally! Everyone is telling me to take it as an additional month to get ready...I really hope for the citizens of Thailand and for the well being of the pageant, That all matters are resolved soon... :cry:

flabbybody
10-04-2008, 07:52 PM
sorry to hear the news, but they'll be plenty of pagents down the road Sunny
and it's not definitely cancelled. they could still re-shedule if things improve.

next year, they should make it in New York