PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone see?

yodajazz
10-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Does anyone see any significance, the our goverment is redeploying a combat battalion from Iraq back to the US, to help with emergencies? They were scheduled to arrive on October 1st. It is a battalion from the Third Infantry Division. They are also being taught new non-'lethal techniques for such dutites as crowd control. I'll add the link to an article later.

Oli
10-03-2008, 04:35 AM
Does anyone see any significance, the our goverment is redeploying a combat battalion from Iraq back to the US, to help with emergencies? They were scheduled to arrive on October 1st. It is a battalion from the Third Infantry Division. They are also being taught new non-'lethal techniques for such dutites as crowd control. I'll add the link to an article later.

What are you implying Yoda?

Paladin
10-03-2008, 05:04 AM
1 Bn when we already have over 100 Bns in the US right now.

Read the posse comitatus act (i might have spelled it wrong) before starting this drivel

yodajazz
10-03-2008, 09:03 AM

What are you implying Yoda?

Just that the government may be expecting some emergencies. You will see soon, before the election. I hope that I am wrong.

1 Bn when we already have over 100 Bns in the US right now.

Read the posse comitatus act (i might have spelled it wrong) before starting this drivel

I wonder how many of those Bn's are combat ready for rapid response? And it makes a difference of whose command they are under.

Cuchulain
10-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit regarding Posse Comitatus - the act was essentially gutted in 2007 by the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act. In 2008, the provisions of Warner's bill which changed Posse Comitatus were repealed but Dubya trotted out another of his famous signing statements :
Today, I have signed into law H.R. 4986, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008. The Act authorizes funding for the defense of the United States and its interests abroad, for military construction, and for national security-related energy programs.

Provisions of the Act, including sections 841, 846, 1079, and 1222, purport to impose requirements that could inhibit the President's ability to carry out his constitutional obligations to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, to protect national security, to supervise the executive branch, and to execute his authority as Commander in Chief. The executive branch shall construe such provisions in a manner consistent with the constitutional authority of the President.

GEORGE W. BUSH

THE WHITE HOUSE,

January 28, 2008.

I'm presenting this FYI. I'm not saying Bush will institute martial law to prevent or alter the outcome of the November elections. But then, I don't trust Bush/Cheney as far as I could throw a Buick, either....

hippifried
10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Nobody's going to try & usurp the election. Even the Cleveland Rotary Club won't go along with that.
Geezle! :roll:

PapaGrande
10-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Put down the conspiracy kool-aid.