PDA

View Full Version : The Women (2008)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/xminbq.jpg

Synopsis: The story centers on a group of gossipy, high-society women who spend their days at the beauty salon and haunting fashion shows. The sweet, happily-wedded Mary Haines finds her marriage in trouble when shop girl Crystal Allen gets her hooks into Mary’s man. Naturally, this situation becomes the hot talk amongst Mary’s catty friends, especially the scandalmonger Sylvia Fowler, who has little room to talk - she finds herself on a train to Reno and headed for divorce right after Mary.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlkbffArhVI

Watch it: http://mysafelink.com/OE2g8e

~Kisses.

HTG

AllanahStarrNYC
10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh IMO this was terrible. I was looking forward to it, but it was so dissapointing.

If you really want to see it done well-
watch the original with Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford, & Rosalind Russel.
With the screen play by Anita Loose, who wrote Gentlemen Preffer Blondes.

It's a masterpiece and it was the first time color film was debuted in motion picture.

lupinIII
10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Hah, another movie snob!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh IMO this was terrible. I was looking forward to it, but it was so dissapointing.

If you really want to see it done well-
watch the original with Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford, & Rosalind Russel.
With the screen play by Anita Loose, who wrote Gentlemen Preffer Blondes.

It's a masterpiece and it was the first time color film was debuted in motion picture.

See I never knew this was a remake of an earlier film. Now that I know, I'd probably rent that one instead. lol Thanks Allanah. ;)

Shut up lupin! lol

~Kisses.

HTG

AllanahStarrNYC
10-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Hah, another movie snob!

Ha! No not at all, something can are remade and they are good but something should never be remade. Like that disastrous remake of Psycho years ago.

This was just a dissapointing film, which is sad because Anette Bening is one of my favorite actresses and so very talented.

SXFX
10-02-2008, 01:35 AM
So a movie about a buch of middle aged dried up old prunes who have the sex drive of a 90yo nun who are angry at their husband who finally finds sexual satisfaction in the arms of a younger, tanner and more passionate younger woman?
Thanks but no thanks. I would rather shove pens up my nose than watch that! Oh god I mean really!
What's next? Replace the old hags with fat chicks and run a BBW movie? Where the husband goes for the skinny girl?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-02-2008, 03:16 AM
I just saw the movie. It wasn't as funny as I've expected. Though Bette Midler was funny in the very few scenes she was on.

I think Meg Ryan and Annette Bening looked great for what SFXF called 'old prunes'. lol ;)

I wanna rent the old version next!

~Kisses.

HTG

AllanahStarrNYC
10-02-2008, 03:20 AM
I just saw the movie. It wasn't as funny as I've expected. Though Bette Midler was funny in the very few scenes she was on.

I think Meg Ryan and Annette Bening looked great for what SFXF called 'old prunes'. lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

You will enjoy the bitchiness and wit of the original.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-02-2008, 03:40 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

You will enjoy the bitchiness and wit of the original.

Girl, I'm excited and looking forward to see the original version already!! Thanks Mama, you're the best. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

boondocksaint
10-09-2008, 06:41 AM
that looks, for the lack of a better word, gay.
but hey some people like crappy movies, ill stick with my shemale ones

endowed
10-12-2008, 01:45 PM
So a movie about a buch of middle aged dried up old prunes who have the sex drive of a 90yo nun who are angry at their husband who finally finds sexual satisfaction in the arms of a younger, tanner and more passionate younger woman?
Thanks but no thanks. I would rather shove pens up my nose than watch that! Oh god I mean really!
What's next? Replace the old hags with fat chicks and run a BBW movie? Where the husband goes for the skinny girl?
LOL.

endowed
10-12-2008, 01:47 PM
That's an insult to gays.

boondocksaint
10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
That's an insult to gays.
ok sorry, that looks, lame..?

Harrys Boy
10-12-2008, 11:03 PM
The original is really brilliant, was trying to get hold of a copy but can't get it on region 2, I don't see the point in remaking it as the whole attraction of the first one was the fact nearly every big female star in Hollywood at the time was in it, whereas this one has got a few names but hardly massive acting talent. Joan Crawford was at her best in this film, probably closer to her real life persona than in any other film..