PDA

View Full Version : New guy here- Just saying Hi

ska
08-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Just joined up. Been lurking for a day or two and finally decided to become a member. Looks like a seriously fun place to me. Hope this is acceptable to post a message like this.

Anyway thanks for the great site guys and I hope to become a very good and participating member here. :D

ps, any advice on do and dont's to be a good member and how not to piss anyone off? I tried looking around and didn't see any altercations or anything. But on a board or two in the past I know there are little things new guys do that will piss off the old pros inadvertantly and I don't want to do that .

easilyteased
08-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi Ska,
I'm in the same boat as you. Just wanting to introduce myself. From everything I've read this seems like a pretty friendly and fun place. So, hi everybody.

Ecstatic
08-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Welcome to you both. We're a friendly bunch here, never an altercation or dispute or bitter words of any kind.... 8)

Well, yeah, this is a passionate subject area and a lot of passionate participants from all sides, so sometimes sparks fly, but I think we're a good group by and large. Just jump on in, the water's fine, and don't worry too much if you splash or get splashed.

zerrrr
08-20-2005, 03:41 AM
ps, any advice on do and dont's to be a good member and how not to piss anyone off? I tried looking around and didn't see any altercations or anything. But on a board or two in the past I know there are little things new guys do that will piss off the old pros inadvertantly and I don't want to do that .

1. Be respectful.

2. Treat the girls like you would treat your mother.

3. Be yourself.

4. Chat often.

5. Give feedback to the mods on a daily basis.

NickTheQuick
08-20-2005, 03:45 AM

ska
08-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks Ecstatic for the warm welcome and Zerrr for the friendly advice. I will definately heed the advice given and be Mr. Respectfull. Thats how I am anyway so shouldn't be too hard to do here.

This place rocks. So much reading to do to try and catch up here. Tons of interesting threads. Wish I had known about this place a long time ago.

Thanks again guys.

canihavu
08-20-2005, 06:24 AM
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!!!!!!

hwbs
08-20-2005, 07:50 AM
yesssss zerrr is back...its 40 tippin time......ohhh and by the way welcome to the board!!!