PDA

View Full Version : Transsexual Couture

tgirlzoe
09-30-2008, 09:41 AM
With all this talk of Isis on America's Next Top Model* and my own growing fascination with trying to make my body look good, what defines transsexual couture. Could we have room for our own designer and line? I mean, half of us are from the drag scene, which is like the fashion scene on acid. How do we make our gender/condition serious and established instead of being an "edgy" or "progressive" token?

Transsexual fashion is not for only the transsexuals, but also for any boy-shaped girls. The thin girls with no real curves -- small boobs, no butt -- especially the tall ones (models are ~5'10" anyway). Girls with wide shoulders and small hips. How do you make us look more feminine than we do nude? Lots of us spend thousands on plastic surgery but style makes a huge difference.

So what are some tips for tgirls to look their best?

* - I don't own a TV, I haven't seen any of this, only the posts on it.

slinky
09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I don't own a TV

but I play one

on TV.

Just call me Mavis Welby.

msbhaven
10-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Zoe this is a topic that is near and dear to my heart as I am always looking at clothes to try and find things I like, that will fit, and will give me a more feminin figure. I also spend a lot of time looking at make up adds, and how to articles trying to learn what tricks to make my face more feminin.

I'm no expert but I have learned a couple of things.
A good corset is a must IMO. A good one can hide a multitude of flaws, and they look sexy too. Fredericks even makes one that has ruffles at the bottom so that your hips look bigger. I also think skirts with pleats will help in that department. Stockings make any legs look more sexy and feminin I think. Dark tops can make your top look smaller and light bottoms can make your bottom look bigger. Hairstyles with bangs can help your browline, and generally seem to look more girly. Lipstick not applied all the way to the end of your lips can make your lips look more pouty and sexy. I hope this is the kind of info you were wanting to share and I hope some others will post tips because I am always wanting to learn more about fashion and makeup.

Nowhere
10-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Well, it is an interesting idea, but two things come to mind:

1. A girl with more of a 'boy' figure (tg or gg) really doesn't want to emphasize that. They want to de-emphasize that. So, unless you're going to have things serving that purpose, it's not going to work.

2. I think it is arguable that Heatherette has had some solid trans influence in their lines. Look it up! :wink:

Michelle Levelle Boutique
10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
You girls have made me very happy with theses questions, in fact that is the reason I went into fashion was to be able to help women like ourselves when it comes to real chic clothing and proper styling. The brands I carry are retro but classic euaropean silhouettes to make anyone look beautifull and feminine without much effort as well as glitzy and glam pieces that arent 'drag' rather, true red carpet!

See For Yourself at www.MichelleLevelleBoutique.com

PS Heatherette Designers Richie Rich and Travis LOVE The Girls
I viewed their collection during LA fashion week last season and hung out with Richie during Miami Fashion week at the Ed Hardy Show. Fun!

absolutecarla
10-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I studied fashion mainly because I wanted to make clothes for myself which would make me look more feminine and through the years I've learned so many things and I've shared most of it to my friends.

Most transsexuals tend to have wider shoulders and narrow hips. The common mistake that girls make is to wear a body hugging dress and a wide belt and that's a no no because first of all the hips should be proportional to the shoulders!!! Wearing a thick belt or a corset would make your waist thinner BUT it would also emphasize your wide shoulders. Girls who want to wear such clothes should put foam padding on their hips.

Empire cut dresses work well for ts women who don't have hips but it only works for girls who are skinny to average. If you're big especially on the tummy then people might think that you're pregnant (which is okay to some who want to pass as pregnant women lol)

V shaped necklines are your bestfriend for it not only makes your neck longer it gives the illusion of a smaller shoulder. And it looks great if the V is wider about an inch from the neck or more and deeper down to the cleavage area. The wider the V the slimmer your shoulder would look. It's also best if you wear it in dark colors. and V shaped necklines gives the illusion of pointier chin.

Avoid square necklined clothes for it would make your face boxy like a mans. Avoid necklines that are really close to the neck.

Skinny jeans are best for ts women for it gives the illusion of a wider hip. If you want to wear something that's hanging or midriff, it's best to buy a foam and pad your hips so you'll have that sexy figure. Avoid flared jeans or any jeans with really wide hem.

A line skirts are nice especially if it's made of a sturdier material. Avoid soft flimsy materials that tend to cling to your narrow hips. It would only look good if you put padding underneath it.

Ruffled skirts are nice too for it adds volume to the hip area

Pegged skirts are the best, especially for girls who work in the office setting. it's similar to a straight skirt but it tapers down to the hem. This is like the skinny jeans of skirts for it also gives the illusion of a wider hip.

absolutecarla
10-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Totally avoid these off-shoulder tops for it would make anyone's shoulder even broader and would make anyone's body look like a box.This would only work if you already have an hour glass shape and maybe some surgery done on your face, years of hormone therapy, narrow shoulders. These are just tips okay!!! If you still want to wear this it's up to you. I tried wearing one it didn't look okay on me, haha. I still dream of wearing one someday, when I have a body like Allanah's or Jeniffer Paris.

TsVanessa69
10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
You girls have made me very happy with theses questions, in fact that is the reason I went into fashion was to be able to help women like ourselves when it comes to real chic clothing and proper styling. The brands I carry are retro but classic euaropean silhouettes to make anyone look beautifull and feminine without much effort as well as glitzy and glam pieces that arent 'drag' rather, true red carpet!

See For Yourself at www.MichelleLevelleBoutique.com

PS Heatherette Designers Richie Rich and Travis LOVE The Girls
I viewed their collection during LA fashion week last season and hung out with Richie during Miami Fashion week at the Ed Hardy Show. Fun!
Glad to know you are in Chicago! You will definatly be seeing me soon!
I saw 2 lovely coctail dresses online that I would love to have.
I am a womans size 12 dress, and have small shoulders, but wider hips.
The black and silver beaded number is calling my name for an upcoming event at my job!!!

tsmandy
10-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Now if only I could find some clothes that make me look shorter....

Nice thread, thanks for the input. 8)

Space_Cowboy
10-17-2008, 06:37 PM
With all this talk of Isis on America's Next Top Model* and my own growing fascination with trying to make my body look good, what defines transsexual couture. Could we have room for our own designer and line? I mean, half of us are from the drag scene, which is like the fashion scene on acid. How do we make our gender/condition serious and established instead of being an "edgy" or "progressive" token?

Transsexual fashion is not for only the transsexuals, but also for any boy-shaped girls. The thin girls with no real curves -- small boobs, no butt -- especially the tall ones (models are ~5'10" anyway). Girls with wide shoulders and small hips. How do you make us look more feminine than we do nude? Lots of us spend thousands on plastic surgery but style makes a huge difference.

So what are some tips for tgirls to look their best?

* - I don't own a TV, I haven't seen any of this, only the posts on it.

I agree, i watch the occasional makeover program, and at the end of all the nips and tucks which they perform, they always bring in a stylist that knows how to dress the subject.
Your clothes make such a difference, half the stuff you feel you need to have done may be avoided by just finding the right style.

10-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Carla you have some very great tips and you are right in many ways. As space cowboy said- style is the most important things. Finding a classic shape that flatters your body and having a good idea of what your purpose for wearing the design is most important!

Vanessa I would love to have you and your girls over to shop as Im sure you would appreciate the luxury we offer! And yes that Silver Versace Bead Inspired dress would look AMAZING ON YOU!

I will check the sizing of what we have- I want you to check out: http://www.jovani.com/ Your gonna be a kid in a candy store!!!!!!!!

We carry their label and can custom order any dress of your dreams with 50% down. Many of our clients pre order their entire social wardrobe through us from that company as they wouldnt be caught dead wearing the same thing twice

For the young lady who mentioned Heatherette I attached my video I shot at their LA Presentation for Mercedez Benz Fashion Week. Beauitfull Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX9k2xypXMw

I hope to see you at my store for the Champagne and Shopping Party

Its Nov 5th Downtown Chicago at 6 pm

And dont forget to check out my last party http://vimeo.com/1252891

The link to RSVP is Below

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/MUHFFFAHBSZDHUYIDAGT/ChicBoutiqueParty

TsVanessa69
10-18-2008, 05:16 PM

Being tall rocks!!!!
I'm 6ft without heels and I love it!!!!!!

TsVanessa69
10-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Carla you have some very great tips and you are right in many ways. As space cowboy said- style is the most important things. Finding a classic shape that flatters your body and having a good idea of what your purpose for wearing the design is most important!

Vanessa I would love to have you and your girls over to shop as Im sure you would appreciate the luxury we offer! And yes that Silver Versace Bead Inspired dress would look AMAZING ON YOU!

I will check the sizing of what we have- I want you to check out: http://www.jovani.com/ Your gonna be a kid in a candy store!!!!!!!!

We carry their label and can custom order any dress of your dreams with 50% down. Many of our clients pre order their entire social wardrobe through us from that company as they wouldnt be caught dead wearing the same thing twice

For the young lady who mentioned Heatherette I attached my video I shot at their LA Presentation for Mercedez Benz Fashion Week. Beauitfull Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX9k2xypXMw

I hope to see you at my store for the Champagne and Shopping Party

Its Nov 5th Downtown Chicago at 6 pm

And dont forget to check out my last party http://vimeo.com/1252891

The link to RSVP is Below

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/MUHFFFAHBSZDHUYIDAGT/ChicBoutiqueParty
We will definatly be in contact! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that beautiful coctail dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have some custom made jewelry that would go perfect with that dress as well as a nice pair of shoes! Due to my shoe size, I buy shoes whenever I find them, then match the clothes after.

vman2375
10-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Being tall rocks!!!!
I'm 6ft without heels and I love it!!!!!!REALLY LUV LOOK, VANESSA. HOW EVERYTHING IS PUT TOGHETHER SO BEAUTIFULLY AND UR SWEETNESS MAY BE UR MOST ATTRACTIVE FEATURE!!!

10-18-2008, 06:23 PM
When would you like the dress by Vanessa?

If we have to buy a different size after fitting you I can have it in about 2 weeks!

I know you will be a show stopper in it!

Lover
10-18-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/promotional_ad3_183.jpg

This is one of the most beautiful and sexiest women I've ever seen. Michelle, if that's you, you look perfect.

TsVanessa69
10-19-2008, 03:46 AM
When would you like the dress by Vanessa?

If we have to buy a different size after fitting you I can have it in about 2 weeks!

I know you will be a show stopper in it!
Well I need a nice New years Eve coctail dress and I have an event Dec 1st. the full lenth gown you just posted is very my showstyle!

10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks Lover For The Compliments! And Yes That Is Me! I Hope You Have A Special Lady In Your Life Who Would Like One Of My Dresses!

www.MichelleLevelleBoutique.com

SarahG
10-24-2008, 10:25 PM
One idea I'll throw out there:

I have no idea how many people here this would apply to, but if you find you have to wear a skirt suit or pant suit to something (like: job interview, office job, court, funerals, whatever), try removing the shoulder pads from the jackets/blazers. If you're worried about the 80s making a come back, and want to be able to use the shoulder pads in the future with the outfit, then make them removable by fastening them in with Velcro (or snaps, or something along those lines).