PDA

View Full Version : Breast milk in your icecream?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-25-2008, 01:50 AM
PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk
Group Says Move Would Help Humans, Cows

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [DIGG: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [FACEBOOK: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [REDDIT: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [RSS] [PRINT: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [EMAIL: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk]
WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

SOURCE: http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html

WHAT SAY YOU? lol

~Kisses.

HTG

El Nino
09-25-2008, 02:10 AM
no random human being milk for me, thanks...

SarahG
09-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Sounds like a very niche market... but they have so many untraditional flavors I can't imagine eating already- why not add one more?

BeardedOne
09-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Well, it's already sweet, so no need for sugar additives. :D

Can I help?

blckhaze
09-25-2008, 04:16 AM
SMH vegetarians with too much time on there hands.

Im all for not torturing or maliciousness to an animal, but dont tell me what i cant eat.

hondarobot
09-25-2008, 05:13 AM
OK, PETA is now getting on my nerves. This is obviously a shock tactic and it's aimed at Ben and Jerry, who seem like pretty decent guys (as far as corporate overlords go). They just make ice cream! Attacking the stoner ice cream kings is really dumb.

Sorry, cows produce milk, it's part of what they do (besides eating grass and wandering around in fields). This whole "human breast milk alternative" idea is absurd on several levels.

Fox
09-25-2008, 05:24 AM
I think I'll volunteer to extract from the source and taste test the breast milk before it gets into the ice cream. It's only right. ;)

Quiet Reflections
09-25-2008, 05:26 AM
have you ever noticed how all cute animals taste delicious. Cows,pigs,Deer,Bear,Dogs,cats,etc.... not that i eat all of them but some people do and they wouldnt if they wern't good

Oli
09-25-2008, 05:52 AM
It's official, PETA is a joke.

It took you this long to embrace that idea?

SMH vegetarians with too much time on there hands.

:claps :claps

Oli
09-25-2008, 05:56 AM
I'm cooking pork chops tonight!

Make some for me, and break out the apple sauce!

bulldog
09-25-2008, 06:34 AM
MY STATE WOULD BE RUINED!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
09-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Personally, I think it's GROSS! :x

~Kisses.

HTG

NYBURBS
09-25-2008, 07:05 AM
UUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHH just the thought of it blahhhhhhhhhhhhh gross!!!!!

Thatiger23
09-25-2008, 09:07 AM
PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk
Group Says Move Would Help Humans, Cows

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [DIGG: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [FACEBOOK: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [REDDIT: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [RSS] [PRINT: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk] [EMAIL: PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk]
WATERBURY, Vt. -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

SOURCE: http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html

WHAT SAY YOU? lol

~Kisses.

HTG
grrr i hate Ben & Jerry's they are my competition...and if you use human milk you wont get the right flavor or texture of a good ice cream

Willie Escalade
09-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Today while working, I observed a Lexus GS430 with a No Fur sticker (like the one below). Understand where I'm coming from? Double-standard?

the_bo
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I have belonged to PETA for a very long time.....I always thought it stood for People Eating Tastey Animals... now much to my surprise I find out its not !!! :D

Nowhere
09-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Well, I can see this being some sort of fetish, but haven't they heard of soy milk? Idiots...

BTW, anyone care to enlighten me on why someone driving a Lexus can't be against fur? I can understand the irony if the person had some sort of environmental sticker, but there's nothing ironic about being anti-fur and driving the car unless the car is lined with fur.

Not that i'm defending the guy, either. I just do not see the irony, at all... :roll:

hondarobot
09-25-2008, 04:47 PM
I imagine the Lexus irony is that they have leather upholstery, which is a valid point. I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, but there is a line in the sand. If we stopped consuming cows and dairy products entirely, humanity would be stuck with marauding herds of wild cows to deal with (that might be a bit of a stretch, but I suppose it could happen, and would actually be somewhat amusing).

I eat steaks, wear leather boots and jackets for the good of mankind. Every cheeseburger is one less rogue cow to worry about in the future.

8)

a994
09-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Sucking a woman's breasts? HECK YEAH!

Consuming human breast milk? HECK NO!

The folks at PETA don't know what they're talking about.

SarahG
09-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Sucking a woman's breasts? HECK YEAH!

Consuming human breast milk? HECK NO!

The folks at PETA don't know what they're talking about.

I guess they gave up on trying to sell everyone on soymilk.

LTR_Seeker
09-29-2008, 01:58 AM
i just want to suck milk from Haras Tatas lol

BeardedOne
09-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Personally, I think it's GROSS! :x

~Kisses.

HTG

You've obviously never tasted breast milk (Beyond your infant years).

Three of my GG lovers were pregnant when we were dating and others were still nursing while we were dating.

Say or think what you will, but I was =VERY= happy.