PDA

View Full Version : McCain on banking and health

Cuchulain
09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
September 19, 2008, 7:24 pm
McCain on banking and health
OK, a correspondent directs me to John McCain’s article, Better Health Care at Lower Cost for Every American, in the Sept./Oct. issue of Contingencies, the magazine of the American Academy of Actuaries. You might want to be seated before reading this.
Here’s what McCain has to say about the wonders of market-based health reform:
Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation.
So McCain, who now poses as the scourge of Wall Street, was praising financial deregulation like 10 seconds ago — and promising that if we marketize health care, it will perform as well as the financial industry
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/19/mccain-on-banking-and-health/

LOL! He wants to hand Social Security over to the Wall Street too. Ain't he a pip? John McCain, the great deregulator - ROFL

qeuqheeg222
09-20-2008, 10:13 AM
he kills me with this "would you want a bureaucrat handlin your health insurance"" bullshit...anytime you deal with hmo's or the ppo's you have all these hoops and chutes to get thru any-fuckin-way so WTF!!!

hippifried
09-22-2008, 12:50 AM
he kills me with this
Uh... Careful now...

PapaGrande
09-23-2008, 10:02 AM
September 19, 2008, 7:24 pm
McCain on banking and health
OK, a correspondent directs me to John McCain’s article, Better Health Care at Lower Cost for Every American, in the Sept./Oct. issue of Contingencies, the magazine of the American Academy of Actuaries. You might want to be seated before reading this.
Here’s what McCain has to say about the wonders of market-based health reform:
Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation.
So McCain, who now poses as the scourge of Wall Street, was praising financial deregulation like 10 seconds ago — and promising that if we marketize health care, it will perform as well as the financial industry
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/19/mccain-on-banking-and-health/

LOL! He wants to hand Social Security over to the Wall Street too. Ain't he a pip? John McCain, the great deregulator - ROFL

Guess what genius, he was talking about his efforts to deregulate CONSUMER banking, like the kind thats allows you to take money from your account at an ATM in any state. Unless of course the evil right wing NPR is misleading me:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94900680

Krugman is a fucking hack.

Cuchulain
09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Go fuck yourself, Mr. "I'm not a Republican, BUT..."

I guess we're supposed to believe 'McCain's top economic adviser, Douglas Holtz-Eakin' when he says "the article wasn't comparing the Arizona senator's health care plan to Wall Street deregulation at all." Sure, it's not like the McCain camp has lied about anything else. 'Holtz-Eakin says state officials shouldn't worry.' Yep, don't worry, be happy. That's what the Rethugs have been saying about the economy all along. And why does the name Holtz-Eakin make me think of Monty Python's twit of the year race?

Yeah, yeah, Krugman is a fucking hack. Naomi Klein doesn't understand basic economics. You're the only one who knows what he's talking about. I guess you're channeling Milton Friedman now? All hail PapaGrande, the god of internet economics!