PDA

View Full Version : Governor Palin's Reading List

chefmike
09-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Governor Palin's Reading List
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Fascist writer Westbrook Pegler, an avowed racist who Sarah Palin approvingly quoted in her acceptance speech for the moral superiority of small town values, expressed his fervent hope about my father, Robert F. Kennedy, as he contemplated his own run for the presidency in 1965, that "some white patriot of the Southern tier will spatter his spoonful of brains in public premises before the snow flies."

It might be worth asking Governor Palin for a tally of the other favorites from her reading list.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-f-kennedy-jr/governor-palins-reading-l_b_126478.html

Following the Palin acceptance speech New York Times columnist Frank Rich provided an analysis of the political significance of quoting Pegler. Mr. Rich noted that "Pegler was a rabid Joe McCarthyite who loathed F.D.R. and Ike and tirelessly advanced the theory that American Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe ("geese," he called them) were all likely Communists." He suggested that Palin's use of a quote from "once powerful right-wing Hearst columnist Westbrook Pegler" was intended to send a subtle but unmistakable signal to far right wing supporters. "

qeuqheeg222
09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
she is such a fuckin ploy for the Grand Ole Pederasts to get another four...

dafame
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Great post Chef. Unfortunately this is the only way that we're going to get a true idea of who this woman is since the campaign has her off limit to the media. This gives alot of insight.

Oli
09-16-2008, 03:48 PM
IF we need politics, we can read or watch the news. This forum is designed to be a happy meeting place.

Politics are a no-no on this forum. Politics are poison. Politics quickly convert friends into enemies. Politics were designed to pull us apart. Politics never work in the best interest of the people. The mere mention of politics empowers the politician.

Please keep this forum clean. Do not litter.

Hung Angels only, please. No baddies allowed... :D

Go back to spanking to the pictures and don't lecture others on what they can or cannot post.

chefmike
09-16-2008, 09:24 PM
IF we need politics, we can read or watch the news. This forum is designed to be a happy meeting place.

Politics are a no-no on this forum. Politics are poison. Politics quickly convert friends into enemies. Politics were designed to pull us apart. Politics never work in the best interest of the people. The mere mention of politics empowers the politician.

Please keep this forum clean. Do not litter.

Hung Angels only, please. No baddies allowed... :DWho the fuck are you to say what HA is designed to be, needs to be, doesn't need to be, wants to be, doesn't want to be...what with you being a clueless nobody cock-weasel rookie schmuck?

Getthefugouttahere, ya putz!

yodajazz
09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Governor Palin's Reading List
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Fascist writer Westbrook Pegler, an avowed racist who Sarah Palin approvingly quoted in her acceptance speech for the moral superiority of small town values, ...

Thanks for the amplification Chefmike. I just couldn’t bring myself to watch her speech, knowing its purpose. I had heard that she praised small town values, but saying their values are morally superior takes it to another level. The nature of cities is usually more ethnically and culturally diverse. Let me just straight out say that a higher percentage of my people live in cities. I see that term ‘superior’, if that is what she used as an equivalent term to 'better than'. We here know that small towns can easily be more judgmental of people who are different. And being judgmental was criticized by Jesus.

But Palin’s mindset helps me to understand why someone (InHouston) came on the forum, the day after her speech and said that Palin, and McCain were “real Americans”. But he never answered my question as to which Americans are not ‘real’ in his eyes. I now better understand Obama’s vision from his 2004 speech at the Democratic convention. His goal is to have one America in a united state, not one which people of one type of community believe themselves to be morally superior to others. We all have our faults.