PDA

View Full Version : SHOWGIRLS

mimiplastique
09-12-2008, 10:46 AM
I always loved this movie but i had not seen the original version untill tonight . I love this movie . I have always watched this movie on TBS and half the movie is cut out , big dance scenes and all the swear words ...

This girl from saved by the bell carried on (lol) breast exposed , pussy shots , no wonder this movie ruined her reputation as an actress but she was excellent to me .

The movie makes me wanna learn how to dance ;)

anybody else like this movie ??? remember it ???

Justawannabe
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I liked it the first time I saw it, but it didn't work for me beyond that. It's fun to watch but the story and acting are iffy at best. It's not a bad late night movie when I don't wanna think about much... and fun to watch with a girlfriend if she likes it.

Sean

Thatiger23
09-12-2008, 11:22 AM
I always loved this movie but i had not seen the original version untill tonight . I love this movie . I have always watched this movie on TBS and half the movie is cut out , big dance scenes and all the swear words ...

This girl from saved by the bell carried on (lol) breast exposed , pussy shots , no wonder this movie ruined her reputation as an actress but she was excellent to me .

i remember that movie i actually watched it like two days ago with a friend of mine...it was her idea to watch some movies that we havent seen in a while...we also watched ONLY THE STRONG and ALL of the 3 NINJA movies

Quiet Reflections
09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Funny how back then that behavior would likely ruin your career, but these days its a sure fire way to insure fame. I would guarantee that if that movie had been released in the past 8 years she would be set and not just doing random spots on csi: miami. I always find it strange how the world changed so quick from the early/mid 90' to 2000 and up. I cant wait to see how we fuck up our childrens world from here on out

Quiet Reflections
09-12-2008, 11:55 AM

I don't know for sure but i would be willing to bet you could show Elizabeth Berkley a thing or 2

bulldog
09-12-2008, 12:07 PM
lol, talk about irony, i downloaded this movie just a few days

mrbig
09-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I always refused actually watching this movie.
At the time of the release, nobody and I mean nobody said to me that I just have to see this movie because its so good. Everybody said it was just horrible.

I had the chance of watching it 2 weeks ago but I declined after watchin the trailer on you tube. talk about badddddddd acting skills…..goddamn.

But I have to say, that the other dvd we watched instead:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 movie...:

http://c.imagehost.org/0135/thmt_2_1.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQFuwXXW0Uc)

...wasn't that much better….. :wink: :lol:

But we just had to see TMNT-2 because of the scene where
one of the best rappers of all time is busting some moves:
:shock: :o

http://c.imagehost.org/0617/tmht_2.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4)

mrbig :wink: :P :shrug

celticgrafix
09-12-2008, 05:03 PM
yeh, that pool scene was awesome

Azrial
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
the movie was awful but i used it quite frequently as a masturbation tool as young lad

blckhaze
09-13-2008, 02:53 AM
without the boobs, the movie is the worst thing ever made.

Dino Velvet
09-13-2008, 10:18 AM

How could you watch it on TBS? It must have been 30 minutes long including the commercials. With all the nudity and sleaze in the "gooder version", it's pretty enjoyable. There must have been a lot of holes in the plot without those beaver shots.

lisaparadise
09-13-2008, 02:54 PM

anybody else like this movie ??? remember it ???oh yes one of my all time favs,the chair scene was awesome,i learnt that dance and perfected it to a tee while i was a stripper

Richctdude
09-13-2008, 05:06 PM
very hot love long legs

mimiplastique
09-13-2008, 09:54 PM
watching the movie for like the 5th time in two days i am in a SHOWGIRLS daze

Celeste
09-15-2008, 11:17 AM
OMIGOD< that is like a legendary TS movie

"See Darlin' I told you, you are a whore"

"We take the cash, we cash the check, we show em' what they wanna see"

I LIIIIIVVVVVEEE :peanutbutter Oh now Im gonna go watch it

mimiplastique
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM
yes imma watch it every chance i get

D.W.
09-15-2008, 11:29 AM
The movie's setting, style, and taste was for those type of individuals who like this sort of thing, perhaps the bad acting was to portray realism. I thought it was a very standard movie, a good lesson on knowing your stuff and showing your good side. The worst scene I'd have to say is the hamburger munching scenes, and when she's upset and sit on the car hood watching the sunset showing that classic turning camera point to show her face of doubt, she munches on a hamburger, that show laziness and confusion to me.

I still laugh at VH1's version of the cartoon censored clothing.

kaientai
09-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Quiet Reflections has a good point though if that movie had been released a few years later she woul have been a star. Not saying the movies are on par but look what Monster's Ball and Swordfish did for Halle Berry ,just for being toples and f'n Billy Bob she gets the X men trilogy an Oscar. Not saying Ms Berkeley should have got'n an Oscar for Showgirls although Hale's acting in Monsters Ball wasn't that fantastic either

Celeste
09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
:shock:

LMAO I dont think they were shooting for an academy award here people, chill :roll: I know its a favorite amongst the girls. The competition, cattiness, sexuality, make up, costumes, routines, raunchiness of it, its ENTERTAINMENT :idea:

wombat33
09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT FIND A MOVIE WITH WORSE ACTING AND WORSE SCRIPT AND WORSE DIRECTING THAN THIS MOVIE. PERIOD. BUT AS A HORRNY GUY..........THE SEX SCENES ARE FUN AND THE MAKING OUT WITH THE TWO GIRLS.

BUT THE MOVIE AS A WHOLE IS A FUCKING JOKE!!!!!

wombat33
09-15-2008, 01:33 PM
yes imma watch it every chance i get

SAVE YOURSELF NOW!!!!!!!!!!

lol