PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is cartoon network going downhill lately?

Legend
09-11-2008, 11:55 PM
They used to show awesome shows like Megas XLR and samurai jack but now we get crap like chowder.There anime/cartoon programming is also slowly getting taken over by crappy live action movies like ace ventura.The only three things that network has going for is it now is naruto,ben 10 and adult swim.

Paladin
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
It's been sucking wind for months. I'm partly glad this hotel doesn't have it.

blckhaze
09-11-2008, 11:59 PM
theyre trying to grab all the kids 3-12 that nickelodeon are loosing for going away from the toons themselves.

Im still old school and will forever love my racist Looney toons.

Legend
09-12-2008, 12:22 AM
theyre trying to grab all the kids 3-12 that nickelodeon are loosing for going away from the toons themselves.

Im still old school and will forever love my racist Looney toons.

lol,you probably love boomerang then.

Coroner
09-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I quit watching it in the late 90ies. They used to have great shows like The Mask, Beetlejuice, Tom & Jerry (I could watch it every day for 50 years), Dexter´s Laboratory and stuff like that. I really enjoyed this series although I was more into European comic books.

bkeane77
09-12-2008, 02:28 AM
http://augenblickstudios.com/home/superjail.php

Superjail on the 28th dont miss a funny and twisted ass show~

TomSelis
09-12-2008, 03:16 AM
I only watch Adult Swim and besides the Venture Brothers everything else sucks ass. They need to bring back Trigun or something worth watching.

Squidbillies suck.

toolegitforu
09-12-2008, 03:44 AM
I only watch Adult Swim and besides the Venture Brothers everything else sucks ass. They need to bring back Trigun or something worth watching.

Squidbillies suck.I just shot an episode of a new show for adult swim, Delocated. Premieres in Feb. I won't say anymore than that.

Legend
09-12-2008, 04:17 AM

Squidbillies suck.

Amen to that i would not mind watching those old shows to the crap they show now.If you want another example of a crappy show look at assy mcgee.

Justawannabe
09-12-2008, 07:36 AM
I really loved when they had Trigun, BeeBop... that stuff was great to watch... current stuff is indeed crap... Venture Brothers aside...

Sean

tsntx
09-12-2008, 07:53 AM
i FUCKING HATE THE ANIME BULLSHIT
GET RID OF ALL THE SHITTY ASS ANIME
NO MORE FUCKING ANIME
IT SUX MORE COCK THEN THE CLOSET CASES ON HA

fam guy is getting boring
american dad is ok
venture bros - best
robot chicken - great
aqua teen - ok

all that other stuff - crap

Legend
09-12-2008, 08:40 AM
NO MORE FUCKING ANIME

american dad is ok
venture bros - best
robot chicken - great
aqua teen - ok

Jen,you cannot deny that some of their biggest rating getters for them are anime particularly naruto,bleach and death note.

Justawannabe
09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
I will amend...

I like the Chicken...

Family Guy and American Dad have had great episodes... but they were never something I ever felt I couldn't catch later. Difference between a long story arc drama and a episodic comedy.

Aqua teen is something I've always felt somewhat stupider after watching... like a number of the other shows they have put on.

Sean

yodajazz
09-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I used to love Harvey Birdman, Space Ghost, and Brak(?).

yngtxmale24
09-12-2008, 06:21 PM
anyone ever watch squidbillies? i laugh my ass off at it.

ducktales
09-13-2008, 12:29 AM
It died after Dragonball left.

idiot savant
09-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Adult swim used have some kick ass anime:Cowboy Bebop,Outlaw Star,Samurai Champloo,Trigun,Fullmetal Alchemist,but now I all I got to go on is Bleach and Inuyasha(come on early in the morning which sucks) I'm glad they brought back Home Movies.

Legend
09-13-2008, 09:24 PM
This is the new Saturday Schedule, all times are Eastern...

11:00pm - Bleach
11:30pm - Fullmetal Alchemist
Midnight - Robot Chicken
12:15am - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
12:30am - Metalocalypse
01:00am - Tim and Eric Awesome Show
01:15am - Assy McGee
01:30am - Squidbillies
01:45am - 12oz Mouse
RELOOP
05:00am - Code Geass
05:30am - Moribito

For the love of everything please kill squidbillies, assy mcgee and tim and eric's horrible show.

blckhaze
09-14-2008, 01:06 AM
im pissed the move geass and moribito for those crappy shows, especial tim and eric. whoever gave them their own show after "tom goes to mayor" needs to be hung by their pubic hair.

idiot savant
09-14-2008, 02:12 AM
im pissed the move geass and moribito for those crappy shows, especial tim and eric. whoever gave them their own show after "tom goes to mayor" needs to be hung by their pubic hair.

exactly,these live shows is what killing adult swim like fat guy stuck in the internet,tim and eric and saul of the mole people,stick with cartoons

tsntx
09-14-2008, 02:28 AM

co-sign

Fox
09-14-2008, 02:44 AM
http://augenblickstudios.com/home/superjail.php

Superjail on the 28th dont miss a funny and twisted ass show~

lol wtf

I stopped watching Cartoon Network after they stopped airing Bebop and Champloo. Sad to see it's gone downhill even more.

Wino the SuperHero
09-14-2008, 07:12 AM
adult swim sucks.
its only so many times you can watch the same old ass re-runs.
I HATE THE SHOWS, HOME MOVIES AND AMERICAN DAD!

tsluva
09-14-2008, 08:17 AM

Midnight - Robot Chicken
RELOOP

For the love of everything please kill squidbillies, assy mcgee and tim and eric's horrible show.

Cartoon Network got on my shit-list when they took off
both JUSTICE LEAGUE and SAMURAI JACK, and then had the nerve
to put that totally sorry version of Fantastic Four which had virtually
no fight action whatsoever. Adult swim is Ok but not enough for me
to keep tuning in on regular basis. i thought Toon-Jetix was a good
alternative at one time.
i'm very much japanimation and old school toon classics like
Xmen, Space Ghost, Thundarr the Barbarian, Dungeons & Dragons,
Dragonball Z, Voltron, G-Force, FF4, Hulk, Spidey, Johnny Quest
Speed Racer,etc ..and i'm still so nuts about Justice League/Unlimited
By the way, a hold has been put on the actual live Justice League
movie, while Voltron is still in consideration.
If Boomerang is not showing the favorites i like, i just turn to DVD
rental like Netflix and bring in the entire Disc sets. i agree that
Cartoon Net has watered down and become more very
kiddish-oriented.

Legend
09-14-2008, 09:38 AM

Midnight - Robot Chicken
RELOOP

alternative at one time.
kiddish-oriented.

I still cannot forgive those bastards for canceling justice league,that show had so many possibilities and potential.They just cancel it out of nowhere despite its good ratings.One of my favorite episodes was called kid's stuff,the scene when the league was transformed into kids and started racing to morded's castle poor powerless kid batman got left behind and stated "this is not a race".I still cannot believe they cancel that show.

MurrayR
09-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Futurama was allsome, but I know they spent more to get that show than any other in their history. I think if they could get it back, and King of the hill regularly then they would have a good shot. Oh, and some of the classic old cartoons that are on Boomerang.

Anubis1079
09-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I used to love Harvey Birdman, Space Ghost, and Brak(?).

Birdman was ok, (it was funny hearing Lewis Black and Steven Colbert on it), but Space Ghost and the Brak Show we're awesome.....of course I was smoking wacky stuff back then :roll: My favorite was about 6-8years ago when those 3 were on with Sealab and Aqua Teen, it used to be a kick-ass lineup

Legend
09-22-2008, 04:35 AM
NO MORE FUCKING ANIME

american dad is ok
venture bros - best
robot chicken - great
aqua teen - ok

Well jen you got your wish sort of,toonami which had a block of anime shows was canceled by cartoon network,so no more naruto or ben 10 alien force.

PSL4u
09-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Dexters Lab was great. I think Space Ghost used to be on Cartoon Network tooo which I thought was really funny.

I agree most Anime stuff sucks, but Vampire Hunter D was badass.

dskreet2
10-04-2008, 11:23 PM
alternative at one time.
kiddish-oriented.

I second these choices. Add Thunder Cats and any of the Avengers. I was also a BIG Gigantor fan growing up, but that was before I new of CN and cable for that matter. My first thought of cable was from "OnTV". What a waste of my first earnings out of college! And they can bring back MST 3000 and Creature Features. A little Godzilla always was a fav!!!

Wino the SuperHero
10-04-2008, 11:59 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing G.I. Joe, Transformers, or Dragonballz. Bring Back Sea Lab.

TomSelis
10-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Bleach is good but they're still on that crappy Bount arc, which is two years behind the crappy arc they're on now. But there's some Vaizard goodness coming up and then part of the Hueco Mundo arc.

Everything else sucks except for Robot Chicken and The Boondocks if it's coming back for a third season.

Legend
10-05-2008, 04:17 AM
Bleach is good but they're still on that crappy Bount arc, which is two years behind the crappy arc they're on now. But there's some Vaizard goodness coming up and then part of the Hueco Mundo arc.

Everything else sucks except for Robot Chicken and The Boondocks if it's coming back for a third season.

Bleach fillers f**king suck.

blckhaze
10-05-2008, 04:19 AM

Bleach fillers f**king suck.

most anime filler do.
its like law or some shit

Legend
10-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Has anyone seen the justice league:new frontier movie on CN?

runamok
10-24-2008, 05:13 PM

Tivo'd it, still havent gotten around to it.

Legend
10-27-2008, 02:10 AM

I liked it but i prefer the style of JL and JLU.

Fueled By Ramen
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM

I liked it but i prefer the style of JL and JLU.

Same here, it was okay, but I prefer the stories and style of JL and JLU. It's a crime they ended JLU so soon.

As far as Cartoon Network as a whole, sucks ass. They used to show good stuff like Lupin, Cased Closed, Shin Chan is off and on. Now I'll only watch it for SW Clone Wars and Venture Bros.

As for it's sub network Boomerang, I only got one question...why no old WB cartoons?!? Not having any old Bugs Bunny cartoons on this channel is a crime.

Legend
11-08-2008, 08:07 AM
It's a crime they ended JLU so soon.

We are going to get a similiar show called batman the bold and the brave(style looks weird) on CN sometimes this month hopefully it is somewhat good.

Legend
04-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Well it looks like cartoon network will be changing their format to live action and getting a new logo.First they destroy toonami now they most likely are getting rid of all their cartoons/anime for some live action crap.This new cn isn't going to be for me they should stop trying to be like nick and the disney channel.

blckhaze
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
The end of Toonami was a sign of things to come. Maybe enough folks who are upset like myself arent being loud enough, but its going down hill not only with cartoon choices, but other the live action mess they put up. Im baffled as to how Tim and Eric has had multiple seasons. delocated? smh.

Ryz
04-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Morel Orel gets canceled, but Tim and Eric is still on air?
Uhhhggh

Legend
04-22-2009, 12:27 AM
The end of Toonami was a sign of things to come. Maybe enough folks who are upset like myself arent being loud enough, but its going down hill not only with cartoon choices, but other the live action mess they put up. Im baffled as to how Tim and Eric has had multiple seasons. delocated? smh.

Delocated is f**king crap.

T-girl hound
04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
What happened to Space Ghost?

Trowa
04-22-2009, 08:48 AM
I actually miss it's more mature aimed programming that used to come on a few years ago when I was still in high school. Uncut Anime and the Hanna Barbara spoofed shows. I havent watched the channel for a couple years so I have no idea whats on it now. All kinds of media isn't what it used to be. TV, Music, Movies. *sighs* I miss the 90's sometimes.

BLKGSXR
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
The end of Toonami was a sign of things to come. Maybe enough folks who are upset like myself arent being loud enough, but its going down hill not only with cartoon choices, but other the live action mess they put up. Im baffled as to how Tim and Eric has had multiple seasons. delocated? smh.haze its official you my ninja need pussy- or ass -_- lol.... animethat.com

TomSelis
04-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Flapjack is hilarious though!

AishaX
04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
There were only two things that made me watch them, Adult swim, DBZ, and powerpuff girls. They were a must have channel, now their basic cable at best.

Legend
07-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Flapjack is hilarious though!

Yeah that is a funny show.

Realgirls4me
07-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Never.

Ever.

Never!

Damn, that's a long time. What are you going to do?

LOL!

Legend
07-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Never.

Ever.

Never!

Damn, that's a long time. What are you going to do?

LOL!

gummi baer
10-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Now I only watch the anime block on Saturday Nights (early Sunday). It's been awhile now since they have found something new to add. Even Bebop can get old some times (after watching it the first couple of dozen times).

Paladin
10-08-2010, 05:05 AM
you people do realize thee is an all anime channel out there. Believe its called funimation. at least's its on verizon's satellite service. They recently changed their lineup - some are stupid, but they repeat the episodes so you can pretty much catch up any time of day. Might want to check it out.

I think scifi channel has some on mon nights as well.

dskreet2
10-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Yes, CN needs life support!!! No transformers, Dragonball Z, Voltron, Thundercats, and so on, and so on...!

dennisreynolds
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM
you should all watch Adventure time. It looks like a kids show, but is actually pretty funny and creative.

jedimaster
10-08-2010, 09:24 PM
there was an animation channel called Locomotion, i think it was latinamerican, one day they took it off and never saw it again, lots of experimental and independent shows there, also lots of anime. They had a weird show called THE HEAD about a guy with a huge head and an alien living inside of it, and THE CRITIC too and even south park. Cartoon Network was at its best between mid 90s and mid 2000s.

rockabilly
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm tired of the Clone Wars cartoon and i'm a Star Wars nerd!

Just fast forward to Vader tracking the last Jedi down and the birth of the Rebel Alliance or do a post original trilogy cartoon series.

rameses2
10-09-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm tired of the Clone Wars cartoon and i'm a Star Wars nerd! There was a series of five minute shorts, directed by Genndy Tartarkoffski, about Star Wars: The Clone Wars, that was better than the three prequels put together! It might be on DVD, Rocka. Check it out:geek:.

rockabilly
10-09-2010, 03:51 AM
I have those and they were nice , but this cg Clone Wars .... enough already!

It's prolonging what we already know , Anakin goes Dark Side , Palpatine gains control blah blah blah.

A cg continuation of Luke , Leia , Han and the new Republic would be better ... or make a "Knights of the Old Republic" cg series. :geek: