PDA

View Full Version : New York hotels

Phillip69
09-11-2008, 05:13 AM
As I will be visiting New York for the first time this weekend, I was wondering if anyone could advise me of a good, not so expensive Hotel I could stay at in New York that is relatively close to the TG Clubs?

Appreciate the help.

TsJennifer
09-11-2008, 05:52 AM
All hotels in NYC are very expensive..

francisfkudrow
09-11-2008, 06:08 AM
The Ramada New Yorker's not too bad, and I remember walking to one of the TG parties from there. Can't remember the name of the place the party was at though.

Phillip69
09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks all for your help.

I will look this place up and see if they have vacancies.

Thanks Jenifer for the extra advise.

I'm Cursed, I'm Irish
09-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Park Central is worth checking out too.

slinky
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Just use priceline or one of the similar services. Calling hotels directly usually just gets you their rack rate.

GroobySteven
09-11-2008, 11:20 PM
http://www.tripadvisor.com

I never stay anywhere before using the above website - it's never been wrong.

BeardedOne
09-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Stay other places, get points, do NYC for free. That's what I'm doing.

When parking is $75 a day (About the same as a hotel room in PA), the rooms are outrageous. Buy smart, play safe, have fun.

javaikky
09-12-2008, 06:35 AM
If you want to get a good deal, check out the Millinium Plaza.

It's super close to ground zero, and as a result there is alot of noise all hours of the day and night.

The hotel rents out rooms on that side of the building for far less than the posted prices.

rico87
09-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Won't find anything nice for under 400 :(

If you do let us know....

slinky
09-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I have a friend who's staying tonite at the Grand Hyatt New York for $240.

BeardedOne
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I have a friend who's staying tonite at the Grand Hyatt New York for $240.

There is a range of fairly decent digs in the $200-350 window. Holiday Inn and its parent corp ICHotels has been pushing the Crown Plaza brand and dressing up some of the more upscale HIs to the higher end CP. There is one on Lafayette, not more than a block or two from Moomia, and the rates float around those amounts (Depending on season, etc.). The Crowns I've stayed in (Including one that was fluffed up from a former Holiday Inn) have all been clean and comfortable and had decent service. Score the Concierge/Business floor and there are little bonuses as well as larger, fancier rooms.

Crawler
11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
If you want to get a good deal, check out the Millinium Plaza.

It's super close to ground zero, and as a result there is alot of noise all hours of the day and night.

The hotel rents out rooms on that side of the building for far less than the posted prices.

Be prepared. I got a room there one night - mayor's suite on Priceline - and throwing back the drapes, I was struck dumb by the enormity of the pain below. You cannot be a human being and not experience the sheer depressing sadness of this, our national wound. I've stayed there on one other occasion, but it's always a sad time. How can you ignore it? But he's right - the prices are usually lower, as one would expect. I'm sure the Hilton next to Auchswitz in Poland is moderately priced as well.