PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow Show

Alyssa87
09-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Just premiered last nite. MSNBC
I like this lady. She's a good followup to Oblermann.
Quick & sarcastic.
And on her first night out, she made it clear to the audience that she didnt want to have a pop-culture segment
... but that her producers made her.

Check her outhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif
9pm est

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/rachelmaddow (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/)

http://gaysocialites.com/photos/maddowmsnbc.jpg
and yea, she's gay.

saifan
09-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Missed it due to the WSOP which was airing on ESPN at the same time. I'll have to give it a look tomorrow.

BTW, love the new avatar. Looking good!

Alyssa87
09-10-2008, 04:11 AM
it comes back on @ 11 if youll still be up.

and thanks misterhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/25.gif

:edit:..whoops no it doesnt.

guess i'll be watching prison buttsecks for the next hour 8)

Christastic
09-10-2008, 04:32 AM
I caught the second night and it really is refreshingly without bullshit. Olbermann is pretty good, too, but sometimes he gets caught up in slapping O'Reilly or some other douchebag upside the head and the story gets overshadowed. I think once she and her crew get a little more polished she'll have a hit.

Alyssa87
09-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Yeah, his incessant paper tossing is a little distracting,
but i guess everyone needs a shtick.
(hungangels, can i get a witness?) :wink:

Legend
09-10-2008, 04:37 AM
I caught the premire and like it.

Did anyone catch keith when he slammed oreilly for saying jamie lynn spear's parents are to blame and are bad parents but he did the opposite with palin and her daughter?

Alyssa87
09-10-2008, 04:46 AM
everyone's been pointing that out.
they did on the view today as well.

but theres no point in pointing out his hypocrisy.
his audience loves the
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/syykoet/bs.jpg

Realgirls4me
09-10-2008, 05:00 AM
(swooooon) Yes, I love the new avatar too Alyssa!

Now? Why am I here? ;)

j/k

Rachel Maddow, a Rhodes Scholar with a doctorate in Political Science, is an unabashed Liberal who is not only intelligent and incredibly quick on the draw, but also quickly distinguishes herself from many of the garden variety "Liberal" commentators on the air who time after time are there to play footsies with the right-wingers they are matched up against by doing everything possible to make the Left look weak and bad -- screw the high road as the right-wingers frequently do and go for the jugular damn it. Maddow, an excellent counter-puncher, won't play that game. She gets her say in often leaving her opponent on their backs gasping for air. She takes no prisoners iow. I just hope her immense talent isn't restrained in any way by being the host of a show. The Left can use more like her on the air.

By the way, how was she welcomed by the Right? Looksie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERQPCrBkoA

... They at Fox News can actually say all this with a straight face?

Christastic
09-10-2008, 05:08 AM
It's hilarious to see Fox new pundits moaning about how biased somebody else is. And then, of course, Lesbian is an insult.

Alyssa87
09-10-2008, 05:11 AM
fox is pointing out bias on a cable news network?!

people in glass houses...

fair & balanced. pfft!

And thank you veryvery much.

BluegrassCat
09-10-2008, 05:38 AM
I've listened to her on air america for years. It's about time she got her own tv show for a national audience. And the hot new avatar is ready for a national audience too.

Caramel
09-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Yeah, she's very good and I loved the way she shut down her "uncle" Pat Buchanan with his hypocrytical rant. I hope Roland Martin gets a show someday, too.

Paladin
09-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Personally i prefer Michele Malkin; asians and latinas are hot compared to white girls.

Maddow had to get a tv show - air america was just about bankrupt.

She's tolerable but olbermann is a complete asshole, that dumbass can't understand that the 2nd ammendment is what is essentially protecting his 1st ammendment rights to be a complete dickhead.

If my leanings on him are obvious there's a reason for that.

Doesn't mean i like you any less beautiful (this is to Alyssa), and btw, the new avatar and pics are GRRRRREAT

Realgirls4me
09-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Personally i prefer Michele Malkin; asians and latinas are hot compared to white girls.

She's tolerable but olbermann is a complete asshole, that dumbass can't understand that the 2nd ammendment is what is essentially protecting his 1st ammendment rights to be a complete dickhead.

Doesn't mean i like you any less beautiful (this is to Alyssa), and btw, the new avatar and pics are GRRRRREAT

So another person for a complete head case (Malkin) and not too far behind -- surprise! -- comes a reference to his precious little phallic symbol. Double-barrel I presume? Maybe you should learn to spell "amendment" before calling another a dumb ass?

Ass.

Paladin
09-10-2008, 07:11 AM

So another person for a complete head case (Malkin) and not too far behind -- surprise! -- comes a reference to his precious little phallic symbol. Double-barrel I presume? Maybe you should learn to spell "amendment" before calling another a dumb ass?

Ass.

I know how to spell, but i never learned how to type

And you are really stupid for trying to read into what i wrote. To me dickhead is just another way of saying asshole, perhaps your limited intellect can't comprehend that. olbermann is a complere asshole plain and simple. I don't have to explain to morons like you why i don't like him. He has a right to be an asshole and he is, you have the same right which i see you are exercising. And I get to help ensure that you keep that right much as i'd rather that you and olbermann jump off the sunshine skyway.

Realgirls4me
09-10-2008, 07:37 AM

Ass.

And you are really stupid for trying to read into what i wrote. To me dickhead is just another way of saying asshole, perhaps your limited intellect can't comprehend that. olbermann is a complere asshole plain and simple. I don't have to explain to morons like you why i don't like him. He has a right to be an asshole and he is, you have the same right which i see you are exercising. And I get to help ensure that you keep that right much as i'd rather that you and olbermann jump off the sunshine skyway.

OMG, should I swoon, fall to my knees, and genuflect before you, my hero? You delusional little fuck.

He's an asshole to paranoid little fucks like you who view the world through a sight scope -- that's why you hate him. ...I bet you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

Oh, and by the way, the reason I came after your little post is because you did it to me once out of the blue for no reason ... I never forget those who pull that crap. I could care less about your opinion or that your god is a weapon.

goldensamba
09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
I've heard Rachel on Air America for a while and she is very good. Unlike Michelle Malkin she comes armed with facts not made up talking points.

I am shocked but not surprised that Fox has the nerve to broadcast this crap about media bias.

A few brilliant pieces of ownage from Fox Noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8SX1vW-7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAQ6StPVgJc&feature=related

Cuchulain
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Kudos to Rachel for finally getting her own tv show. It's about time. That woman is so smart it's scary. She, Thom Hartman and Lionel are my favorite Air America hosts.

Tommy112277
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
isnt there a political fourm this should be on instead of it being here?

sammy2
09-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I saw her premiere, seems to be a good show. She had to cut off pat as he was about to go loco on the palin topic.

Alyssa87
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM

its about a tv show.

Stoked
09-10-2008, 06:01 PM

fair & balanced. pfft!

Fox has always pointed out liberal bias in the mainstream media. Their "fair and balanced" reporting is tongue and cheek, mocking the mainstream.

The difference between Fox and all the others, is Fox is up front that they are conservative, while the others claim no bias either way.

goldensamba
09-11-2008, 05:33 AM

fair & balanced. pfft!

Fox has always pointed out liberal bias in the mainstream media. Their "fair and balanced" reporting is tongue and cheek, mocking the mainstream.

The difference between Fox and all the others, is Fox is up front that they are conservative, while the others claim no bias either way.

You cannot be serious with this.

Tommy112277
09-11-2008, 05:37 AM

its about a tv show.

a >political< tv show

Paladin
09-11-2008, 11:56 PM

Ass.

OMG, should I swoon, fall to my knees, and genuflect before you, my hero? You delusional little fuck.

He's an asshole to paranoid little fucks like you who view the world through a sight scope -- that's why you hate him. ...I bet you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

Oh, and by the way, the reason I came after your little post is because you did it to me once out of the blue for no reason ... I never forget those who pull that crap. I could care less about your opinion or that your god is a weapon.

I can thread a needle and use a sewing machine, but I'n not stupid enough to try to so so on a running machine. Do try it if you so desire and report back to us.

I can hit a moving target at 300m with no scope so don't get in my line of fire.

I'm not paraniod, just not impressed with media idiots who spout of half truths (or less) as it were gospel from the pope. There'a a lot of idiots of fox news whom i have no regard for either .

And, I do not tolerate fools.

I'm sure there was a reason for my post of old (which I can't t remember, but may look up just to see what set you off) , most likely it was a menifestatiion of my intolerance for suffering the idiocracy so often posted herin.

You may now get up from your knees.

:P

goldensamba
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM

Ass.

I can thread a needle and use a sewing machine, but I'n not stupid enough to try to so so on a running machine. Do try it if you so desire and report back to us.

I can hit a moving target at 300m with no scope so don't get in my line of fire.

I'm not paraniod, just not impressed with media idiots who spout of half truths (or less) as it were gospel from the pope. There'a a lot of idiots of fox news whom i have no regard for either .

And, I do not tolerate fools.

I'm sure there was a reason for my post of old (which I can't t remember, but may look up just to see what set you off) , most likely it was a menifestatiion of my intolerance for suffering the idiocracy so often posted herin.

You may now get up from your knees.

:P

Looks to me that all of the half truths are coming from the right. Case in point "Obama voted for sex ed for kindergartners"

As usual the "moral and christian" Republicans have resorted to outright lies. Don't start yapping about liberal bias in the media. If that was true we would never have gotten into this Iraq disaster because they would have done their jobs and held the government accountable.

The "liberal bias" is another made up lie to manipulate the Amrican people by the Karl Rove group of losers. The us against them mentality is old, stupid and played out.

Paladin
09-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Didn't I say there's a lot of idiots on fox news ???

Yeah that nasty lie about obama and the kindetgarteners was outrageous, I wish some of these assholes on both sides could be declared to be enemies of the constitution, then i could execute my oath of office.

flabbybody
09-12-2008, 12:45 AM
I first caught Rachel on morning joe last year and loved her when she was part of the coverage on Tuesday nights during the primary season. It's great the way she verbally destroys the opposition without being nasty. She can go against anyone. Obama should hire her as his debate coach.

goldensamba
09-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Didn't I say there's a lot of idiots on fox news ???

Yeah that nasty lie about obama and the kindetgarteners was outrageous, I wish some of these assholes on both sides could be declared to be enemies of the constitution, then i could execute my oath of office.

I am an Independent and while I agree that both are screwy. The right has gone mental the last few years with the lies and scare tactics. And as usual in this election gay marriage is right back on the ballot and all the dumb ass people will vote against their best interests because they don't want gays to marry. How can anyone associate themselves with that party and pretend to have any sort of honor or decency?

TomSelis
09-12-2008, 01:38 AM
I've been fuckin' with MSNBC news lately. It was pretty good. I really liked her "Talk me Down" segment.

Justawannabe
09-12-2008, 07:56 AM
So far I've loved her stuff... but I also like Oberman, I've generally found him fun, if not the most unbiased guy.

Sean

tsmandy
09-12-2008, 06:18 PM
She is friends of friends of mine, and used to be close with some friends of mine, so I've known who she is for a while. I hear she's a really cool woman, and I have laughed at her show from time to time. I don't watch TV but I'm glad she got the gig on MSN.

chefmike
09-12-2008, 06:32 PM

fair & balanced. pfft!

What a crock of shit. Do you believe this clown? Keep drinking that kool-aid, chump.

Stoked
09-12-2008, 06:38 PM

fair & balanced. pfft!

What a crock of shit. Do you believe this clown? Keep drinking that kool-aid, chump.

Sorry Chefmike, that you don't "get" it confirms your ignorance you illuminate through your posts.

Alyssa87
09-12-2008, 07:23 PM

fair & balanced. pfft!

Its cool. Ive never seen fox admit to being conservative, but he probably watches more than i do.
I HAVE seen MSNBC admit to being liberal though.
But i'm not one to argue. LOOK AT ME 8)

tsmandy
09-12-2008, 09:23 PM

fair & balanced. pfft!

Its cool. Ive never seen fox admit to being conservative, but he probably watches more than i do.

Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch who has long been known for his Extreme conservative agenda. For decades he has been purchasing Television Stations, News papers (most recently the Wall Street Journal), magazines, and radio stations; and purging the newsrooms of any dissenting viewpoints and violating basic journalistic standards of integrity. It is well documented, and the subject of many books and movies which are readily available. Fox news is an outright propaganda machine aimed at inculcating Americans with virulent pro-corporate and conservative social and cultural ideologies. On any subject you can count on FOX to rely heavily on government sources (though this has become common practice in the Mainstream Media) and oftentimes repeating white house press releases as fact.

It doesn't matter if Fox is telling the truth, the fact is they have the ability to lie to millions of people who will never pick up a newspaper and read a different opinon, and that is an effective tool.

Justawannabe
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
That actually scares me the most... we count on the press to be somewhat antagonistic with the powers that be, and over the past decade plus the press has somehow become the media arm of the government.

I understand the 24 hour news cycle made investigations harder to do... but it is a sad state we've drifted into. I used to read a lot of comics and laughed at the presentations of editors with over the top agendas, but having seen enough guys walk out of new agencies and blow the whistle... wow...

And yes my grammar sucks today more than most... i'm blaming the meds... damn head cold...

Sean

Alyssa87
09-12-2008, 09:59 PM

fair & balanced. pfft!

Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch who has long been known for his Extreme conservative agenda. For decades he has been purchasing Television Stations, News papers (most recently the Wall Street Journal), magazines, and radio stations; and purging the newsrooms of any dissenting viewpoints and violating basic journalistic standards of integrity. It is well documented, and the subject of many books and movies which are readily available. Fox news is an outright propaganda machine aimed at inculcating Americans with virulent pro-corporate and conservative social and cultural ideologies. On any subject you can count on FOX to rely heavily on government sources (though this has become common practice in the Mainstream Media) and oftentimes repeating white house press releases as fact.

It doesn't matter if Fox is telling the truth, the fact is they have the ability to lie to millions of people who will never pick up a newspaper and read a different opinon, and that is an effective tool.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/syykoet/cookie.jpg

... it doesn't go unnoticed, girlie :wink:

Legend
09-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Bill Maher is going to be a guest on tonight.

Alyssa87
09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
thanks!!

mrbig
09-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch who has long been known for his Extreme conservative agenda. For decades he has been purchasing Television Stations, News papers (most recently the Wall Street Journal), magazines, and radio stations; and purging the newsrooms of any dissenting viewpoints and violating basic journalistic standards of integrity. It is well documented, and the subject of many [...] movies which are readily available. Fox news is an outright propaganda machine aimed at inculcating Americans with virulent pro-corporate and conservative social and cultural ideologies. .

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428&hl=en
(complete version)

@35:30 (O'Reilly vs. Jeremy Glick) ....pfff, that sure wasn't an "interview", I actually still dont know what the hell it was? :roll:

mrbig

bartholomeus
09-17-2008, 05:39 AM
I like Olbermann its refreshing to hear some of his points of view while fox and cnn always repeat pretty much the same thing. Maddow seems good too but i think she needs a little more time to get everything completely together and she'll have a really good show. Did you guys see her today with the "talking down" from the senator? Btw Alyssa87 nice avatar you look very innocent.

tsluver247
09-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Rachael Maddow is a pundit and bias. We should get rid of all the pundits, including everyone at Fixed News. IMHO, all pundits divide America. United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Christastic
09-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Dude, everybody is a potential pundit.