PDA

View Full Version : Somebody steal this yellow piece of paper, Please!

hondarobot
09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't eat the stuff anymore, thanks to a video posted by Allanah (If anyone ever wondered if KFC employs animal torturing, violent retards in their rendering plants, well, they do) but this advert scheme is gold. It's so absurd it's brilliant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080909/ap_on_re_us/kfc_secret

" 'There's no way anybody could get this recipe,' said Dietl, a former New York City police detective."

:lol:

Hung Alpha
09-09-2008, 06:51 PM
That shit was disgusting. I only eat free range chicken now.

kalina
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't eat the stuff anymore, thanks to a video posted by Allanah (If anyone ever wondered if KFC employs animal torturing, violent retards in their rendering plants, well, they do) but this advert scheme is gold. It's so absurd it's brilliant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080909/ap_on_re_us/kfc_secret

" 'There's no way anybody could get this recipe,' said Dietl, a former New York City police detective."

Is it really the same recipe after all these years with the invention of cookers that are designed to reduce the time it takes to make the fried chicken? I remember my grandma gave us a bucket of what appeared to be KFC and we ate the drumsticks, thighs, and wings. We thought it was the greatest thing. We told her we loved the KFC chicken. She told us that she was just using the bucket and that she made the fried chicken herself. If a Chinese grandmother could make fried chicken better than KFC, you know there's something wrong somewhere.

BeardedOne
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Popular legend holds that the 'eleven secret herbs and spices' can be found in any prison kitchen in Kentucky. As the story goes, Harland Sanders hired many ex-cons to staff his restaurants in the early days and they introduced him to the institutional recipe for fried chicken. Large quantities, consistently served.

I still like the old Buck Brown cartoon that appeared in Playboy many years ago that depicts two police officers hauling the Colonel out of a KFC and saying "We found out what those eleven secret herbs and spices were!".

kalina
09-09-2008, 07:27 PM
All of this reminds me of the guy in Planet Terror who took his secret BBQ sauce recipe with him to the grave.

BeardedOne
09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
All of this reminds me of the guy in Planet Terror who took his secret BBQ sauce recipe with him to the grave.

Ooh, but wotta way to go! Mmm...BBQ. :)

hondarobot
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
The timing of this event is actually rather disturbing:

Sept 9, 2008: The KFC Secret Recipe is moved, under security, to an unknown location

Sept 10, 2008: Scientists hit The Big Red Button on the Hadron Supercollider

Sept 11, 2008: 7th year anniversary of attacks on WTC and Pentagon

My God. Dick Cheney knows the Republicans are doomed in the next election, so he's authorized the usage of The Doomsday Machine. All he cares to preserve is a fried chicken recipe, which is clearly being transported to his bunker as we speak. We all have one day left to live!

Party!

:rock2