PDA

View Full Version : HBO's 'True Blood'

chefmike
09-08-2008, 08:43 AM
I really enjoyed the first episode.

Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. "Cursed" with the ability to listen in on people's thoughts, she's also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill's arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.

A sexy, scary new drama from 'Six Feet Under' creator Alan Ball, 'True Blood' delves into the meticulously-crafted world of novelist Charlaine Harris.

chefmike
09-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Am I the only person on this board who caught the show, or just the only one who enjoyed it?

Remy757Photog
09-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Am I the only person on this board who caught the show, or just the only one who enjoyed it?

I actually watched a screener of the first episode ( minus CGI and Dream Scene) but being more gothic inclined and a fan of most Vampire related stuff, I thought the episode was awesome. I will have to go and find the actual Final release of the 1st episode. I also enjoyed Moonlight and wish it hadn't been canceled.

NYBURBS
09-08-2008, 11:38 PM

I watched it last night, after reading your post. I thought it was OK, decent enough to merit watching some more of it as it comes out.

Justawannabe
09-09-2008, 01:14 AM
I thought it was a lot of fun... looking forward to more. Not always gonna catch it on the right night as I have the DVR eat it for me.

Sean

Remy757Photog
09-09-2008, 02:43 AM
I download all my tv shows for Newsgroups. Alt.Binaries Away!!!! LOL

celticgrafix
09-09-2008, 03:36 AM
entourage is where its at though, i love that show

Hazel Tucker
09-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Loved it. I think I now have a reason to buy a TV when I get out to LA. lol
Totally better than Buffy on so many levels.

:twisted: 8) :D

Herkyalert
09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
It's got some promise. Hopefully it won't go the way of John From Cincinnati and fade away.

I agree Entourage is where it's at.

ttmanofsteel1
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah i watched it as well...........great episode and show
i just watched a screeener for the second episode last nite........continues to build it.
Ohhhhhh Sooki Sooki Now!!!!!!

Remy757Photog
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM

Hazel, I luv your work!

I think True Blood should be a good series, I have come to trust HBO, they have had many great shows over the years, Carnivale, Entourage, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Curb..., Oz, + lots of great Documentaries.

I watched Buffy when it initially ran as my GF at the time was a fan and because of a lack of other vampire related tv shows to watch. I've seen many vamp shows that were better than Buffy though. Masquerade, Moonlight, First Knight.

chefmike
09-09-2008, 06:42 PM
entourage is where its at though, i love that showI enjoy 'Entourage' but as far as HBO comedies go, I don't enjoy it as much as 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' or the classic HBO comedy series 'Dream On'. I also think that 'Entourage' is fluff when compared to 'Sopranos', 'Rome', or 'Deadwood' to name a few.

chefmike
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I also thought the season opener for 'Entourage' was pretty weak overall.

NYBURBS
09-09-2008, 09:33 PM
entourage is where its at though, i love that showI enjoy 'Entourage' but as far as HBO comedies go, I don't enjoy it as much as 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' or the classic HBO comedy series 'Dream On'. I also think that 'Entourage' is fluff when compared to 'Sopranos', 'Rome', or 'Deadwood' to name a few.

Entourage is good, though not my favorite. I agree Rome, Deadwood, and Sopranos were in a league of their own. Generation Kill was also a great mini-series. Showtime had a great series also, it was named Sleeper Cell (first season, second was a bit of a stretch).

Remy757Photog
09-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Ok I just watched the 1st three episodes of True Blood and I am only pissed with the actress change for Kara (the black girl).

In the prescreener I saw of the 1st episode it was a very light-skinned and well accented creole gal playing the role. Now the switch to the darker skin actress just doesn't compare. It really sucks, but it wont deter me from continuing to watch the show. Almost wish I hadn't seen the prescreener with the better actress now though.

chefmike
09-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Ok I just watched the 1st three episodes of True Blood and I am only pissed with the actress change for Kara (the black girl).

In the prescreener I saw of the 1st episode it was a very light-skinned and well accented creole gal playing the role. Now the switch to the darker skin actress just doesn't compare. It really sucks, but it wont deter me from continuing to watch the show. Almost wish I hadn't seen the prescreener with the better actress now though.

I haven't seen the prescreener, but I thought that the black chick in the opening episode was talented and also very funny.

GroobySteven
09-13-2008, 12:40 AM
I just watched episode one after reading this thread - loved the pre-title sequence and hope more it is going to be like that (and less soap opera).

All good for me - apart from the black girl. She's hot - but just awesomely annoying and in my opinion, her characters attitude is over the top.

Anybody remember when HBO rumoured to be doing Garth Ennis's "Preacher" ?

ashetrentnn
09-13-2008, 06:43 AM

I loved it!!! but still kinda partial to the Buff... too many memories. :wink:

TomSelis
09-13-2008, 07:45 AM
It's got a lot of promise. The opener was funny as hell. It's begging for evil vampires to be introduced.

TheGuard
09-13-2008, 08:37 AM
I just watched episode one after reading this thread - loved the pre-title sequence and hope more it is going to be like that (and less soap opera).

All good for me - apart from the black girl. She's hot - but just awesomely annoying and in my opinion, her characters attitude is over the top.

Yeah, with MSJ attached as a producer - he's already ruined 2 comics properties, so I'm actually glad this was shelved. The disheartening part is HBO deeming the source material too risque - they've lost their edge, b/c Preacher is a brilliant tale.

TomSelis
09-14-2008, 12:00 AM
I think Preacher the show died. I would've loved to see Cassidy in a live action film.

Remy757Photog
09-14-2008, 12:33 AM

The black girl has grown on me, in the 2nd and 3rd episodes I can see where they are going with her character a little bit. In her defense the original actress had just as much sass going on too.

Hazel Tucker
09-16-2008, 11:48 PM

Hazel, I luv your work!

I think True Blood should be a good series, I have come to trust HBO, they have had many great shows over the years, Carnivale, Entourage, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Curb..., Oz, + lots of great Documentaries.

I watched Buffy when it initially ran as my GF at the time was a fan and because of a lack of other vampire related tv shows to watch. I've seen many vamp shows that were better than Buffy though. Masquerade, Moonlight, First Knight.

Out of that list I have only heard of ...Buffy...lol But then again I was so young when that came out and I barely watch TV. In fact, growing up my rents never had cable. lol

But yah I have always loved vampire/horror/fantasy stuff. It's what I'm into. *blushing*:)

And btw, thank u! I am glad u like my work! :D

chefmike
09-17-2008, 06:50 AM
I thought the second episode was OK, but I would've preferred more vampire killer and less romantic filler.

Justawannabe
09-17-2008, 11:28 AM
I actually like that it isn't turning into another stupid gore fest. I want story and character development. If I want an action movie on demand usually has a host of them... out of a series I want to get to know the characters and have them feel like family.

Sean

chefmike
09-23-2008, 05:01 PM
I loved the third episode. I also watched the second episode again, and I enjoyed it more on the second viewing. The upcoming previews look pretty interesting also.

Alyssa87
09-24-2008, 12:54 AM
SO MUCH SEX!

Justawannabe
09-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Cable drama... and vampires... weren't you prepared?

Sean

NYBURBS
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
SO MUCH SEX!

Just cover your eyes during those parts, we all want you to maintain your innocence :)

TomSelis
09-29-2008, 05:28 AM
LOL@ taking the whole vile of "V"

NYBURBS
09-29-2008, 05:34 AM

For anyone looking for the latest episode:

http://video.supernovatube.com/play.php?viewkey=1230060521

Alyssa87
09-29-2008, 06:24 AM
that was crazy, i knew Sookie's boss was a warewolf.

but did u see how big Jason's dick was in his pants when it got hard? mmm. i feel like an ha cockhound rite now.lol
i want him

NYBURBS
09-29-2008, 06:34 AM
but did u see how big Jason's dick was in his pants when it got hard? mmm. i feel like an ha cockhound rite now.lol
i want him

I really did laugh out loud at that one.

OEMEnemyNum1
09-29-2008, 06:35 AM
I haven't seen the last episode, but so far it's one I've been watching.

chefmike
09-29-2008, 07:02 AM

LMAO..."that looks kinda like an eggplant, doesn't it?"...I also loved that scene with Bill and the cop who pulled him over... the scene in the vampire bar was great...and I'm not one of those Ann Rice types...no offense to any of you who are...

TomSelis
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
LMAO..."that looks kinda like an eggplant, doesn't it?"...I also loved that scene with Bill and the cop who pulled him over... the scene in the vampire bar was great...and I'm not one of those Ann Rice types...no offense to any of you who are...

Yeah, it seems so far like the story borrows heavily from Anne Rice and The World of Darkness. I've read the first couple of books in the series and it's just not about vampires, that's all I'm going to say and some people's assesments are pretty accurate.

But I think the show is doing a really good job of foreshadowing.

chefmike
10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
HOT DAMN!

Last night's episode was fucking superb! That scene with the lecture in the church was riveting...as well as being hilarious at times...great stuff.

Justawannabe
10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I need to watch more carefully... must be missing stuff.

Great entertainment though so far... I like the basic characters... but is it just me or is Suki (spelling? can't be bothered right now) just a bit too nice/too tough (the chain attack here, bit too buffy) to get into? I've never in my life met anyone that childlike... but maybe I just ran with the wrong crowds.

Sean

goldensamba
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM

Great entertainment though so far... I like the basic characters... but is it just me or is Suki (spelling? can't be bothered right now) just a bit too nice/too tough (the chain attack here, bit too buffy) to get into? I've never in my life met anyone that childlike... but maybe I just ran with the wrong crowds.

Sean

Take a trip to the south or small towns in the midwest and you'll find tons of them.

Last night's show was very good, I'm interested to see how things shake out now that grandma got offed. You definitely could see that one coming.

NYBURBS
10-06-2008, 09:52 PM

Sean

Take a trip to the south or small towns in the midwest and you'll find tons of them.

Last night's show was very good, I'm interested to see how things shake out now that grandma got offed. You definitely could see that one coming.

Yea and I was quite fond of the Grandma. Such an awesome show.

TomSelis
10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
lalalalalalalalalalalala

Alyssa87
10-14-2008, 05:30 AM
RIP Granny, you were my favorite character.

& lmao @ withdrawal from V.

Thatiger23
10-14-2008, 05:42 AM
I have actually been able to watch the first three episodes this series is great......

TomSelis
10-14-2008, 05:52 AM
I want to tell what's going to happen next so bad. But I'm not.

Alyssa87
10-14-2008, 05:54 AM
how do u know?

TomSelis
10-14-2008, 05:59 AM
I read the first two books in the series "Dead until Dark" and "Living Dead in Dallas"

Alyssa87
10-14-2008, 06:01 AM
what's this?

the show is based on books?

TomSelis
10-14-2008, 06:08 AM
what's this?

the show is based on books?

Errr, yeah. I think they're called The Southern Vampire novels or something like that.

NYBURBS
10-14-2008, 08:59 AM
RIP Granny, you were my favorite character.

& lmao @ withdrawal from V.

Yea Granny was my favorite also :(

steven_638
10-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Has anyone read Brian Lumley's "Necroscope" series? In my opinion the first 5 books are the DEFINITIVE vampire novels....I couldn't even read Anne Rice, after them.

chefmike
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
What's not to love about Granny, they killed her off too soon...and wasn't that some "eulogy" that Sookie delivered...LMAO...I'm delighted that we finally got a peek at sweet Sookie's ta-ta's...

trish
10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I think the opening credits and music is awesome. I'm mesmerized by the images of death, decay, sexual ecstasy, religious ecstasy, abuse, love, hatred against gays, blacks & vampires are all thrown together in one fleeting collage while the song repeats it's refrain, "I wanna do bad things to you."

Justawannabe
10-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Opening credits actually bother me... can't take the decay stuff... but love the music and rest of it.

Sad about grandma, I really liked her.

Do you think our drunk momma has a real demon? And in a world with vampires and telepathy, why would you doubt it was possible?

Sean

trish
10-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Do you think our drunk momma has a real demon?

The writers crafted her dialogue in such a way that we could take it metaphorically if we're so inclined, at least for now. But who knows what the future will hold. For now I'm gonna say she's possessed by alcohol and not by demons. But that's because I think its more fun to start with the mundane and be lead gradually to the place where the fantastic is forced upon you.

NYBURBS
10-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Do you think our drunk momma has a real demon?

The writers crafted her dialogue in such a way that we could take it metaphorically if we're so inclined, at least for now. But who knows what the future will hold. For now I'm gonna say she's possessed by alcohol and not by demons. But that's because I think its more fun to start with the mundane and be lead gradually to the place where the fantastic is forced upon you.

Agreed

NYBURBS
10-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Get it while it's hot:
http://video.supernovatube.com/divxp.php?viewkey=2076430303

PS- It opens up with them doing the nasty and I get this random question popping into my head... Since vampires are dead (undead w/e) does that mean they shoot dead sperm? Yea I think I need to seek out some therapy lol.

Remy757Photog
10-20-2008, 11:25 PM

Hazel, I luv your work!

Out of that list I have only heard of ...Buffy...lol But then again I was so young when that came out and I barely watch TV. In fact, growing up my rents never had cable. lol

But yah I have always loved vampire/horror/fantasy stuff. It's what I'm into. *blushing*:)

And btw, thank u! I am glad u like my work! :D

I've seen copies of Masquerade tv series in blockbuster. It's a live action adaptation of the popular Role Play Game. *sigh* yes I am a geek lol

Remy757Photog
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
that was crazy, i knew Sookie's boss was a warewolf.

i want him

Yes, I wondered about that. Seeing him roll around on the bed in the fashion that he did kind of gave it away, but I've yet to read the authors books so didn't know if they existed in her universe.

{Possibly a plot hole (I have a penchant for finding them) if a vampire could not refrain from draining a freshly dead body(the way bill describes to the sheriff), can a werewolf, a notriously more feral supernatural creature avoid not taking a bite?}

I got a kick out of the whole vial of 'V' scenes as well. Knowing HBO I thought they might actually show a purple eyed monster lol.

Remy757Photog
10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Has anyone read Brian Lumley's "Necroscope" series? In my opinion the first 5 books are the DEFINITIVE vampire novels....I couldn't even read Anne Rice, after them.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Necroscope series, I have almost every book from it. Completely engaging and totally different and well done take on Vamps!! I highly recommed for anyone looking for a different take or a more sci-fi experince! The series did start to lose me after Harry (I think was the main Protaginst name) was killed off.

Anne Rice will always have a place in my heart, as she opened me to the novels of Vampires. However; Lumley was the first author I started reading after Rice quit her series (sadly). I've also enjoyed Laurell K. Hamiltons Anita Blake series (though the focus on erocitism and less action has started to lose my interest) I also recommend L.A. Banks for a different take on Vampires with a more ethnic take.

Remy757Photog
10-21-2008, 12:00 AM
I think the opening credits and music is awesome. I'm mesmerized by the images of death, decay, sexual ecstasy, religious ecstasy, abuse, love, hatred against gays, blacks & vampires are all thrown together in one fleeting collage while the song repeats it's refrain, "I wanna do bad things to you."

I find your interest in this, positively engaging. Where are you located at? I plan on doing an 'art' project which is a bit morbid (I have a thing for dark imagery). I already have one tg signed on to work on the project and would greatly enjoy any others interested. Don't plan on any nudity and am working with a small budget, but willing to pay a small fee for time spent modeling. Be forewarned that it'll be MUCH smaller than what we pay for our Grooby shoots, as it's a personal project. lol

chefmike
10-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Top shelf episode this week!

"My own sister...nuthin' but a damn fang-banger!"

Alyssa87
10-21-2008, 02:46 PM
snorting blood. so next he'll freebase or shoot it. lol

Quinn
10-21-2008, 04:52 PM
I've been watching it, and I would definitely consider myself a fan.

-Quinn

trish
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
When Jason started bumbling on about Jupiter not being a planet, my mouthful of trueblood shot right through my nose. Anyone know how to get that stain out of white cotton?

(BTW I'm very flattered Remy that you would ask, but I'm gonna have to turn down the opportunity. Thanks)

NYBURBS
10-21-2008, 07:57 PM
When Jason started bumbling on about Jupiter not being a planet, my mouthful of trueblood shot right through my nose. Anyone know how to get that stain out of white cotton?

(BTW I'm very flattered Remy that you would ask, but I'm gonna have to turn down the opportunity. Thanks)

Wasn't it Pluto?

NYBURBS
10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
snorting blood. so next he'll freebase or shoot it. lol

Ya lol, that looked less than appealing.

Michelle Levelle Boutique
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I LOVE that show! Ive been watching it from the beginning and I missed this Sundays episode I hope I used my DVR to record it! Ive always found the vampire fantasy to be very erotic as I was a huge fan of Anne Rice Author of the Vampire Chronicles- Queen of The Damned- The Interview Of The Vampire with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. Sexy

Michelle Levelle Boutique
10-21-2008, 08:43 PM
lol

trish
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
yeah, Pluto, I'm just as bumbling as Jason.

Remy757Photog
10-21-2008, 09:09 PM

ah shucks :(

jaybull
10-22-2008, 03:08 AM
I don't miss it..................! :)

chefmike
10-27-2008, 03:45 PM
"Jesus Christ, I wanna lick your mind."

WendyWilliams
10-28-2008, 01:44 AM
I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this........I so look forward too Sundays!

The characters are fresh and the plot is amazing! I love the twist on normal vampire stereotypes!

Oh and loosing Miss. Stackhouse killed me LOL I loved her character!

LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

chefmike
10-28-2008, 03:36 PM
How about Jason's latest hookup? It looks like he got more than he bargained for hooking up with that freaky broad. I wonder what's gonna happen when the V dealer(I forget the guys name) discovers that Jason and the girl tampered with his V source? I'm also looking forward to seeing how the fangers deal with those rednecks that burned out the vampire nest. Some bad mojo brewing.

Space_Cowboy
10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
not seen this b4, but after all the good comments i will check it out. i hope its not anything like the blade series i watched one ep and never again.

trish
10-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Jason's jaw dropped to the floor when his new sexploit showed him she still had her panties on. It was a hilarious moment, and it convinced me I need try some V.

Remy757Photog
10-29-2008, 05:08 AM
not seen this b4, but after all the good comments i will check it out. i hope its not anything like the blade series i watched one ep and never again.

I didn't care for the Blade Pilot episode either, but I downloaded the series one night and did a marathon of it and it grew on me.

WendyWilliams
10-29-2008, 06:16 AM
I love Suke *sp* and her best friends characters!

Jason is hillarious!

wankmaster
10-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Great show, but It's really starting to piss me off that nobody suspects that bar owner guy (forgot his name) is the serial killer. He makes it so goddamn obvious. :/

WendyWilliams
10-29-2008, 07:29 AM
I think he is a wolf or dog or something besides human.

I just cant put my finger on what it is

chefmike
10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
All we've seen is that dog...a weredog?

Remy757Photog
10-29-2008, 04:21 PM

Yeah the actor just did an interview where he hints at something more from his character that might already be suspected from fans. It would be great if he does end up being a werewolf, that's what Im hoping for! Seems like a no-brainer at this point, plus it would kind of explain why Sookie isn't able to use her telepathy on him with the same results she gets from other humans.

I'm gonna run out and buy the series of books, don't know if I can wait to find out what happens, over the course of a tv series when I can read all the books in a week.

partlycloudy
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm gonna run out and buy the series of books, don't know if I can wait to find out what happens, over the course of a tv series when I can read all the books in a week.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1944157

Remy757Photog
10-30-2008, 10:26 AM

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1944157

ah thanks, I actually don't use torrents, I'm newsgroup guy myself Giganews and binsearch.info do me proudly!! lol I actually have a ridiculously large book collection so I don't mind buying the hardcovers. I don't care for paperbacks much, if that's all a store has I'll usually just download it, since a paperback isn't going to last long anyway.

TomSelis
10-30-2008, 11:31 PM

Yeah the actor just did an interview where he hints at something more from his character that might already be suspected from fans. It would be great if he does end up being a werewolf, that's what Im hoping for! Seems like a no-brainer at this point, plus it would kind of explain why Sookie isn't able to use her telepathy on him with the same results she gets from other humans.

I think she said something like "Sometimes your thoughts are just strong feelings with no words." hinting that he thinks like an animal.

And so far it seems like the show has elements from the first two books, so that's a good start.

whitdo
10-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Hot garbage !

wankmaster
11-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Holy shit, I never even suspected anything like that. Remember how that dog saved Sookie from that trailer trash couple who were gonna beat her to death? Then the dog was standing outside Sookie's house with Bill checking up on her... That's gotta be him.

chefmike
11-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Only 3 more episodes. I'm totally confused now as to whether Merlotte(weredog) is responsible for any of the murders.

NYBURBS
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Only 3 more episodes. I'm totally confused now as to whether Merlotte(weredog) is responsible for any of the murders.

Ya I'm a little thrown off myself with that whole concept. Oh and btw Jason's new GF is one SICK CHICK.

chefmike
11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
She's da freak of the week alright!

TomSelis
11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
"If I had feelings, I'd have the chills...."

"NOT ME!"

lol

Alyssa87
11-04-2008, 05:48 PM
you have vampire in your cleavage

celticgrafix
11-09-2008, 07:21 AM
never expected the dude to turn into that dog

chefmike
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Tonight's episode promises to be pretty damn good.

Justawannabe
11-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Was so hoping it wouldn't be the dog... no offense to dogs, but they just don't strike me as intense or sexy...

Sean

chefmike
11-10-2008, 07:38 AM
"I hate to interrupt, but glamour is not permitted."

That was some spooky shit with that poor kidnapped girl...best not to go out after dark with vampires around...

Justawannabe
11-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm actually starting to have some trouble with it actually. The number and organization of the 'supernatural' critters is starting to get to me. Outside of a conspiracy theory buff, who can buy into a world where all these things were unknown just a few years previous.

Sean

Remy757Photog
11-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm actually starting to have some trouble with it actually. The number and organization of the 'supernatural' critters is starting to get to me. Outside of a conspiracy theory buff, who can buy into a world where all these things were unknown just a few years previous.

Sean

I totally can!! Keep in mind that this is ficition and you are supposed to immerse yourself into the 'world' created. Realistically speaking, if people can believe in ghost (spooky house or Holy Ghost) and God without any 'real' proof other than unexplainable 'miracles'

trish
11-10-2008, 11:42 PM
I learned a lot from last nights show. For example, a murdering vegan with a miniscule ecological footprint is morally superior to gay vampire.

chefmike
11-11-2008, 08:25 AM
I learned a lot from last nights show. For example, a murdering vegan with a miniscule ecological footprint is morally superior to gay vampire.

She is quite the self-righteous psychotic, isn't she? And the hoodoo lady turned out to be a fraud, now there's a shocker...

NYBURBS
11-11-2008, 09:37 AM

She is quite the self-righteous psychotic, isn't she? And the hoodoo lady turned out to be a fraud, now there's a shocker...

lol you folks from the politics section actually popped into my head when I heard her spew that line 8)

chefmike
11-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I think the vampires are going to end up dealing with the V loving vegan...couldn't happen to a nicer gal.

trish
11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
So we have vampires, mind readers, shifters, werewolves and for a moment it seemed like there might be demons, but now we're not so sure.

Teydyn
11-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Outside of a conspiracy theory buff, who can buy into a world where all these things were unknown just a few years previous:
Huh?

Dont you know about vampires, ghost, demons, werewolfs in the "real" world too? Never read a story about them? Heard old tales? Aliens? Elvis Presley?

What if they arent just tales... thats whats the series is about.

Justawannabe
11-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I understand what the story is about, but a bit like bigfoot, I have a hard time getting past a major primate that leaves not unique droppings or bodies, yet has sustainable numbers.

Vamps die in a pretty gruesome manner... think that would stand out in coroners reports over time type of stuff. Folks are acting like...

eh... never mind... I'm an old school sci-fi guy... you only change one aspect of the world at a time and see what happens. This one is changing two things, what monsters are real, and the reactions of the world to the evidence they would leave.

It's fine, just gets harder all the time... be different if all those TV clips you saw at least had people talking about all the 'other' formerly though of as fantasy monsters science has started to investigate.

Sean

chefmike
11-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Now that I've watched the latest episode a second time I have a suspicion that the murderer is the guy who recently got back from Iraq, I think he works at Merlotte's. Any of you who have read the books please DON'T tell me if I'm right or wrong...

BottomBoySlave
11-12-2008, 05:39 PM

I watched the first episode just last night and was surprisingly impressed. I credit Alan Ball's writing & direction. He also created Six Feet Under as well as the film American Beauty.

chefmike
11-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd be interested in knowing other viewer's guesses as to who the murderer is. Any other guesses? We'll know soon enough.

trish
11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
i had the very same suspicion, chefmike, during the most recent episode.

MonsieurValentine
11-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Now that I've watched the latest episode a second time I have a suspicion that the murderer is the guy who recently got back from Iraq, I think he works at Merlotte's. Any of you who have read the books please DON'T tell me if I'm right or wrong...

Agreed.

Alyssa87
11-14-2008, 03:34 AM

Agreed.

+1

Tiffany Anne
11-17-2008, 05:38 AM
I read the book a while ago but really, so much seems unfamiliar (I don't remember the grandmother dying, for example) and Tara is a whole new character (the redhead getting married was Sookie's best friend)...and the Iraq guy didn't exist then (in part cuz Iraq wasn't a thing yet), but I'm thinking you're right. Last week's ep seemed to hit you over the head with him.

Tiffany Anne
11-17-2008, 05:41 AM
eh... never mind... I'm an old school sci-fi guy... you only change one aspect of the world at a time and see what happens. This one is changing two things, what monsters are real, and the reactions of the world to the evidence they would leave.

This isn't sci-fi...this is Urban horror. The fantasy is real and is part of the world. Some, like the Dresden series, it's not widely known/believed, other's like Anita Blake or the Southern Vampire, it's just a part of society.

Tiffany Anne
11-17-2008, 05:43 AM
So we have vampires, mind readers, shifters, werewolves and for a moment it seemed like there might be demons, but now we're not so sure.

Well, there's something else, but I'm guessing we don't get to them in season 1.

Alyssa87
11-17-2008, 05:55 AM
waaaaait.
That pic from the sheriff’s office was that Creole guy Rene', wasn’t it?

slip969
11-17-2008, 07:13 AM
waaaaait.
That pic from the sheriff’s office was that Creole guy Rene', wasn’t it?

Yep. Looks like he's the murderer....

Alyssa87
11-17-2008, 07:14 AM
but he's so cute.

damn

chefmike
11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Certainly looks like it's him.

That teenybopper vampire Jessica cracked me up.

trish
11-17-2008, 11:14 PM
This last program offered a wonderful example of rationalization. The reasoning went something like this:

Before we kick this V shit we gotta bring our relationship full circle and have another hit of V. It's the circle that's important, not the V.

Love it.

chefmike
11-18-2008, 06:21 AM
And how about that spooky chick by the side of the road at Tara's accident later showing up to bail her out. Could she be Tara's demon or some sort of demonic agent? Hmmmm....

Remy757Photog
11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
And how about that spooky chick by the side of the road at Tara's accident later showing up to bail her out. Could she be Tara's demon or some sort of demonic agent? Hmmmm....

I didn't realize that was the same chick, I'll have to go back and watch it again. If so, something is really up. I thought the "social worker" that bailed out Tara was actually a vampire, being that it was night when they left, that avenue is still open.

TomSelis
11-24-2008, 07:37 AM
LOL @ Lafayette!!!

Did anybody notice the chick that bail Tara out was the naked chick in the woods with the pig?

I would tell what she is, but....

chefmike
11-24-2008, 08:33 AM
:jawdrop

chefmike
11-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Did anybody notice the chick that bail Tara out was the naked chick in the woods with the pig?

blckhaze
11-24-2008, 08:39 AM
next season should be good. Hopefully they don't pull a heroes and fail etxtra trying to develop too many characters at once.

chefmike
11-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I also liked the way 'Entourage' ended the season... I thought it was pretty hot hearing Meadow Soprano saying "...big cock in my mouth..."

blckhaze
11-24-2008, 08:46 AM
I also liked the way 'Entourage' ended the season... I thought it was pretty hot hearing Meadow Soprano saying "...big cock in my mouth..."

not like most of us werent thinking it already.

chefmike
11-24-2008, 08:50 AM

not like most of us werent thinking it already.LMAO...I'd knock the bottom outta them tonsils...

Tiffany Anne
11-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Jeeze...this was like the episode that'd never end. It just kept going and going, and not going anywhere good.

I was hoping someone over at Wiki would do a differences between book/show thing, as I don't remember most of any of this from the book.

chefmike
11-24-2008, 05:50 PM
That poor sap at Merlotte's who can't get laid may get a nasty surprise in the future. After he asked Sookie if Bill knew any vampire chicks he could hook up with, that crazy teenybopper vampire was dropped off at Bill's house...

Alyssa87
11-28-2008, 11:18 PM
That poor sap at Merlotte's who can't get laid may get a nasty surprise in the future. After he asked Sookie if Bill knew any vampire chicks he could hook up with, that crazy teenybopper vampire was dropped off at Bill's house...

but shes 16.

he'd be better off with me.
he is cute and so sweethttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/8.gif

but vampires are more likely to exist than someone like his character :roll: