PDA

View Full Version : "i'm not a circus freak" springer related

Legend
09-08-2008, 07:51 AM
For some reason i really thought this was awesome, i'm glad this girl was smart enough to stick up for who she is and tell those producers she is not a freak which is basically what they want her on that show for.She was not entice by the pathetic offerings.She was also smart enough not fall for that so passable shit.While im on the subject the same reason they wanted this woman on their show is the same reason why tyra banks wanted isis on her show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxTwNMAiPWQ

Justawannabe
09-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I find I both really liked and disliked her response. I'm glad that she stood up and stated her beliefs but found it odd that she was linking the bashing that the girls suffer to things like Springer.

While I don't think Springer is particularly helpful in most ways it has raised general awareness that folks are out there, and is often the first view people have of a TS person. While not flattering, it at least has gotten the term out there and has gotten folks to get on the internet and find out the real scoop. At least that was the way it worked for a number of friends of mine.

I just don't think we should link stupid entertainment like Springer to the violence that is out there... that is based in things much more serious and dangerous. Religious intolerance and social programming that makes it okay for women to experiment but once a guy even looks at a penis with anything like appreciation he's a fag for life, threatening his ability to have friends, jobs or family.

Sean

AllanahStarrNYC
09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Springer producers always send me emails throug MySpace:

"We are doing a theme show, "transsexuals and crossdressers"!

You must have a story though in order to appear!

It is a free trip to Chicago! (All expenses paid)
**Airfare, Hotel, Food, Cigarettes, Entertainment, MakeOver**

Love Triangles, "Honey I am a Man", family feuds, cheating with a straight man...any other Springer type story!"

The free cigarettes almost had me sold! LOL (JK I don't smoke)

Appearing on there is a personal choice-but obviously we all know the show well enough to know what you are in for.

tao1kiku
09-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Bread and Circuses. Feed the masses, give them cheap entertainment.

Legend
09-09-2008, 04:36 AM
Springer producers always send me emails throug MySpace:

"We are doing a theme show, "transsexuals and crossdressers"!

You must have a story though in order to appear!

Love Triangles, "Honey I am a Man", family feuds, cheating with a straight man...any other Springer type story!"

Appearing on there is a personal choice-but obviously we all know the show well enough to know what you are in for.

That is really unbeleiveable they act like they are doing you some kind of favor or service.Sell your diginity for some cancer sticks and a trip to chaos city.

mimiplastique
09-09-2008, 05:13 AM
i got paid 200 whole dollars and got to look really pretty

and i had fun :)

they want me back this week !!!!|

imma stereotype

oh and not to mention i got my own dressing room

with a high definition t.v.

the audience loved me too :)

mimiplastique
09-09-2008, 05:17 AM

"

LOL! Free cigs. I'm surprised they don't offer "All the cheap booze you and your relatives can drink." Amazing, yet Springer is one of the most widely syndicated shows in the U.S. and according to HA members in the UK, it's a hit in there too. :smh:

its all bullshit too

yngtxmale24
09-09-2008, 05:31 AM

imma stereotype

of course the audience loved you, you have personality and you're easy on the eyes

mimiplastique
09-09-2008, 05:46 AM
thanks how sweet

Justawannabe
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
It looks like it would be fun to do... kinda crazy, if you can not take it too seriously. I don't think I'm that fun loving though...

Sean

TsVanessa69
09-09-2008, 03:53 PM

imma stereotype

Thats cute
but me and my boyfriend are not going to go on that show just to say we got to be on some show that has degraded transexuals since it began. Sometimes pride in yourself is more important than 2 seconds of foolery.

eddymunster90
09-18-2008, 09:41 PM
That Ts stated that 50% of TS's kill themthemselves before they turn 30? Where is the data to back that up? That is way high.

BlkJewels
09-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Damn MIMI, that avi got me. Kiss y'self for me. :D

SarahG
09-19-2008, 06:34 AM
That Ts stated that 50% of TS's kill themthemselves before they turn 30? Where is the data to back that up? That is way high.

I've hard that stat before, not sure if I trust it though.

A lot of the life expectancy stats I hear of are probably way off, especially if they only use postops to make their statistics. Think about it, srs (the modern variants of it anyway) hasn't been around long enough yet for many who had it to have died from old age. So almost by definition, if that's how you make the statistics then almost no one who is trans dies from old age. Maybe 20 years on out we'd start to see better data but, then again in science fields no one really cares about trans patients unless they're trans, related to someone who is trans, or has some agenda to push.

I also have to wonder how they'd go about trying to make life expectancy stats given how many girls go into stealth. But I am sure, compared to most demographics the stats won't be pretty.

Justawannabe
09-19-2008, 07:14 AM
The last stats I saw that tried to track something were about clinical entries in New York and related deaths... I've also seen suicide rates that seem to be caused by trans/gay issues compared to 'expected' numbers of such people in a standard community.

By comparing the rates of suicide in 'normal' populations vs the suicide rate of those who who identify as trans or gay of some flavor, you often come up with very high rates.

Just saying there is some basis for a rate far higher than normal... even if 50% specifically is not easy to track down.

Sean