PDA

View Full Version : Best Hip-Hop Artist from the Dirty South ? ! ?

trannybanger
09-04-2008, 02:23 AM
*** Just diversifying the Polls so the Heads can debate. This one is for the Dirty Dirty. Lets hear it.

Hung Alpha
09-04-2008, 02:27 AM
I'd have to go with Luda

timxxx
09-04-2008, 02:57 AM
Scarface

santiago316
09-04-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah I gotta go with Scarface on this one.

MonsieurValentine
09-04-2008, 06:14 AM
UGK.

Wino the SuperHero
09-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Lil Wayne hands down.
Nobody is even close to his level right now.
from Mix Tapes to MTV, Lil Wayne got it locked.

Wino the SuperHero
09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Southern Rappers are making money and having fun doing it.
A key part of it's success is UNITY.

New York rappers are mad because the attention is not on them.

Hip-Hop is changing everyday. Hip-Hop/Rap will never be like it was in the 80's and 90's.

Who is rapping/singing the same way the was back in the 80's and 90's and still selling records? NO ONE

If You Can't Adapt To The Changing Styles Of The Times Then You Will Be Left Behind.

heh8me
09-04-2008, 07:23 PM
other (none)

trannybanger
09-04-2008, 07:49 PM
none the south is garbage and not hip hop, it set rap music back 100 years with its wackness.

Is there a reason these ignorant imbeciles feel the need to respond?

This comment just shows what a complete and utter moron you are on more than one level. There is not one person that can say Outkast is not one of the most innovative and talented groups in all of the history of hip hop. I will leave it at that, I can't even discuss this with someone so feeble minded.

trannybanger
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I dont agree that outkast is that great but even so asshole your only arguement is 1 group? thats kind of weak asshole but you really have no knowledge of hip hop I expect nothing less from an asshole like you.

Bro, I need no stronger argument that Outkast, which I figured was blatant enough for you to see. From the first album they put out when they were 18 until they have grown, evolved and always been great. Some eras I like better than others, but in reality, the lay it down. In actuality I prefer Goodie MOb, and if you knew anything about southern culture you would be able to comprehend that these artists are great in their own context.

I have no knowledge of hip-hop? Dude you repped Lil' Wayne in another thread, you do realize he is from the south right? Just keep bouncing your head to Nas or whatever someone told you was hardcore and real. Don't bother to think for yourself or learn, it is obviously past your capacity level.

MonsieurValentine
09-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I dont agree that outkast is that great but even so asshole your only arguement is 1 group? thats kind of weak asshole but you really have no knowledge of hip hop I expect nothing less from an asshole like you.

Bro, I need no stronger argument that Outkast, which I figured was blatant enough for you to see. From the first album they put out when they were 18 until they have grown, evolved and always been great. Some eras I like better than others, but in reality, the lay it down. In actuality I prefer Goodie MOb, and if you knew anything about southern culture you would be able to comprehend that these artists are great in their own context.

I have no knowledge of hip-hop? Dude you repped Lil' Wayne in another thread, you do realize he is from the south right? Just keep bouncing your head to Nas or whatever someone told you was hardcore and real. Don't bother to think for yourself or learn, it is obviously past your capacity level.

Big ups to Outkast. Southernplayalistik!

celticgrafix
09-04-2008, 11:28 PM
t.i. in this one, he's got a new album coming out too

beatmaker
09-04-2008, 11:38 PM
none the south is garbage and not hip hop, it set rap music back 100 years with its wackness.

Dude, why come into this thread with negativity. Every region has good artist, some more than others.

While there are tons of wackass ringtone rappers from the South, look at the NYC artists that have bit that hook-driven style to sell records (MIMS, Yung Berg etc). Every Southern rapper isn't Soulja Boy. You have legit artist from the South like Scarface, who's one of the best lyricist in hip-hop period, point blank!. I like Chamillionaire. He's a intelligent young dude, who does rap about real issues along with B.S party, bling bling stuff. I saw him at a live hip-hop panel in NYC and on BET and dude is smart. Outkast are legends and both Andre 3000 and Big Boi are fire on the mic. Their "Aquemini" album is one of these best rap albums period, of the last 10 years. Fellow Dungeon Family members Goodie Mob also are great. I think Atlanta definitely is the undisputed capital of Southern hip-hop. Look at the groundbreaking work ex-Goodie Mobber Ceelo has done with his offshoot group Gnarls Barkley. T.I and Ludacris are good artists, who have put out solid work over their career. Young Jeezy raps about ignorant shyt, but so does 50 Cent and G-Unit. One thing I'll say about Jeezy's albums, he always has fire production, in spite of the mediocre, typical lyrics he spits over them.

Worthy2, I went to college in the South and that East Coast arrogance, is one reason why Southerners are weary or outright don't like us, especially New Yorkers. We are all black folks (well I don't know what you are), irregardless of where we were born. This divide and conquer, hip-hop civil war B.S needs to be deaded ASAP!. We need unity throughout the entire culture, not just in the South and not just in hip-hop and people who think like worthy2 aren't worthy of listening to.

blckhaze
09-05-2008, 12:20 AM
scarface, followed by Andre 3000.

Hung Alpha
09-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I'd have to go with Luda

Ludacris is from Illinois, south of Chicago...

Yeah, I know. But he moved to the South when he was still in high school. He reps the South now.

Scarface is the truth but I prefer Ludacris. I'm not really an Outcast fan but I can see they have serious talent.

trannybanger
09-05-2008, 01:24 AM

Dude, why come into this thread with negativity. Every region has good artist, some more than others.

While there are tons of wackass ringtone rappers from the South, look at the NYC artists that have bit that hook-driven style to sell records (MIMS, Yung Berg etc). Every Southern rapper isn't Soulja Boy. You have legit artist from the South like Scarface, who's one of the best lyricist in hip-hop period, point blank!. I like Chamillionaire. He's a intelligent young dude, who does rap about real issues along with B.S party, bling bling stuff. I saw him at a live hip-hop panel in NYC and on BET and dude is smart. Outkast are legends and both Andre 3000 and Big Boi are fire on the mic. Their "Aquemini" album is one of these best rap albums period, of the last 10 years. Fellow Dungeon Family members Goodie Mob also are great. I think Atlanta definitely is the undisputed capital of Southern hip-hop. Look at the groundbreaking work ex-Goodie Mobber Ceelo has done with his offshoot group Gnarls Barkley. T.I and Ludacris are good artists, who have put out solid work over their career. Young Jeezy raps about ignorant shyt, but so does 50 Cent and G-Unit. One thing I'll say about Jeezy's albums, he always has fire production, in spite of the mediocre, typical lyrics he spits over them.

Worthy2, I went to college in the South and that East Coast arrogance, is one reason why Southerners are weary or outright don't like us, especially New Yorkers. We are all black folks (well I don't know what you are), irregardless of where we were born. This divide and conquer, hip-hop civil war B.S needs to be deaded ASAP!. We need unity throughout the entire culture, not just in the South and not just in hip-hop and people who think like worthy2 aren't worthy of listening to.

Well put Beat.

Wino the SuperHero
09-05-2008, 03:21 AM
Thanks Beatmaker.
The only people hating on the south are the NY rappers and their fans.
When the South became main stream, it opened the door for the West Coast and Mid-West and in between.
It also showed how you could make money being on an independent record label.

My generation listened to Wu-Tang, Biggie, 2Pac, Big Pun, Ice Cube...the list goes on.
My nephew considers 50 Cent old school cause when he was a kid 50Cent was new on the scene.

So what was relevant to me is not relevant to him.
Each new generation will define and redefine what Hip-Hop is.

MonsieurValentine
09-05-2008, 05:39 AM
the new ludacris and t.i. song 'wish you would' is right on time. luda is just having fun, hard not to like that guy.

Hung Alpha
09-06-2008, 01:18 AM
its actually easy to dislike luda since he makes bullshit watered down pop imitation bubble gum cotton candy crap.

I see where you're coming from but Bluberry Yum Yum is a good tune, you need to smoke weed to appraciate it though.

Luda is a breath of fresh air to the South.

MonsieurValentine
09-06-2008, 01:33 AM
its actually easy to dislike luda since he makes bullshit watered down pop imitation bubble gum cotton candy crap.

Watered down? Not really? Pop imitation? Who is he imitating?

And your comment about sales equals nothing is rather immature. Obviously somebody likes him. But you can't convince a guy like you otherwise... The guy that thinks it's not cool to like something mainstream. That guy that says everyone sucks once a lot of people like them. Yeah, that guy. Weak.

werwt22
09-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Lil Wayne hands down.
Nobody is even close to his level right now.
from Mix Tapes to MTV, Lil Wayne got it locked.

/cosign
wayne is at the top, has cameo's in everything and a verse on everything. id say its between wayne and luda....i think more people lean towards wayne b/c he just recently started flowing that strong when he started chillin with jayz. luda always had flow though.