PDA

View Full Version : Best rapper since 2Pac and Biggie?

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Hip-Hop is slowly dying but who is the best since the 2 lengends I mentioned? I personally think Nas is up there but I'm not sure who's the best all-round. Just curious to see what others have to say.

timxxx
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
This 'Hip-Hop is slowly dying' bullshit again.You're slowly dying.

ARMANIXXX
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Hip-Hop is slowly dying but who is the best since the 2 lengends I mentioned? I personally think Nas is up there but I'm not sure who's the best all-round. Just curious to see what others have to say.

No it ain't.

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=33550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ice+cube&start=0

flabbybody
09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
remy ma

(inside joke)

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 10:19 PM

LOL thanks for stating the obvious. It's pretty clear Hip-Hop is fading into the the pop culture with that robot voice type bullshit that Lil' Wayne etc use. Maybe it will resurrect but at the minute it's going south. Anyway, that's not the topic of the thread.

No it ain't.

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=33550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ice+cube&start=0

Ice Cube sucks.

ARMANIXXX
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM

Ice Cube sucks.

__________________________________________________ ______________

You didn't like the song/video?

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I like the instrumental on it but I'm not big on Ice Cube. I give him props for not rapping about Candy Shops and Lolipops though.

ARMANIXXX
09-02-2008, 10:36 PM
I like the instrumental on it but I'm not big on Ice Cube. I give him props for not rapping about Candy Shops and Lolipops though.

The track is about as true HIP HOP as you can get.

In fact I said it there and I'll say it here:

The song/vid is the BEST Hip Hop track of 2008 so far.

Whether you personaly dig Cube or not, I would dare you to say the track sucks.

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I like the instrumental on it but I'm not big on Ice Cube. I give him props for not rapping about Candy Shops and Lolipops though.In fact I said it there and I'll say it here:

I think you're pretty much on your own there. Don't get me wrong, it's quite a good tune compared to some of the garbage around.

Fox
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Before I give my answer, what criteria constitutes "best" in your opinion?

(oh, and my Last.fm sig has no bearing on my choice)

ARMANIXXX
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I like the instrumental on it but I'm not big on Ice Cube. I give him props for not rapping about Candy Shops and Lolipops though.In fact I said it there and I'll say it here:

I think you're pretty much on your own there. Don't get me wrong, it's quite a good tune compared to some of the garbage around.

East Coast'er,

right?

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Armani - I don't have a preference in East or West Coast rap.

Fox - Just the best all-round rapper. Whatever you think fits the bill man.

ARMANIXXX
09-02-2008, 11:03 PM

But you are from the East Coast, am I not correct?

AsiaMei
09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
i voted nas =]

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 11:07 PM

But you are from the East Coast, am I not correct?

Nah man

Alyssa87
09-02-2008, 11:28 PM
i voted nas.

but can i get in on that remy inside joke, please?

MonsieurValentine
09-02-2008, 11:37 PM

It's hard to hate on Cube. It's like some musically inept person also saying that U2 sucks. Whatever. They both have serious value to the history of music. "But Cube did those stupid films!" Anyone in their right mind would have made the same career choices as him. As the Godfather(s) of NWA, without him, there would be no 2Pac or Biggie.

ARMANIXXX
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM

It's hard to hate on Cube. It's like some musically inept person also saying that U2 sucks. Whatever. They both have serious value to the history of music. "But Cube did those stupid films!" Anyone in their right mind would have made the same career choices as him. As the Godfather(s) of NWA, without him, there would be no 2Pac or Biggie.

:rock2

flabbybody
09-02-2008, 11:46 PM
i voted nas.

OK, but it's lame

some board members have told me she's not a real rapper
that she's not even a real singer

and the only reason I like her is cause she's hot looking
which is true

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Nobody is hating on Ice Cube but is he the best since 2Pac? No. Maybe he deserves a spot on the poll though since 50 Cent made it.

MonsieurValentine
09-02-2008, 11:48 PM

LOL thanks for stating the obvious. It's pretty clear Hip-Hop is fading into the the pop culture with that robot voice type bullshit that Lil' Wayne etc use. Maybe it will resurrect but at the minute it's going south. Anyway, that's not the topic of the thread.

No it ain't.

Ice Cube sucks.

My bad, did I read this wrong?

MonsieurValentine
Nobody is hating on Ice Cube but is he the best since 2Pac? No. Maybe he deserves a spot on the poll though since 50 Cent made it.

That's because he was before Pac.

ARMANIXXX
Ice Cube sucks.

__________________________________________________ ________

^^^

You did hate.

MonsieurValentine
09-02-2008, 11:50 PM

And don't lie, everybody was banging to "In Da Club" just like they were banging to "Billy Jean".

There is a reaosn "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" is the fastest selling album in an opening weekend EVER.

That said, he ain't Pac. Ha.

Hung Alpha
09-02-2008, 11:59 PM

Yeah, but he's still relevant since 2Pac and Biggie died. Instead of attempting to be a smartass why don't you contribute to the thread by giving a straight answer.

And don't lie, everybody was banging to "In Da Club" just like they were banging to "Billy Jean".

There is a reaosn "Get Rich Or Die Tryin" is the fastest selling album in an opening weekend EVER.

50 mumbles too much, plus the content of his songs are weak. I mean Candy Shop, come one! Get Rich or Die Tryin wasn't that bad. There's alot worse. Just because it's a fast selling record doesn't mean it's quality though. Some of the best rappers don't get recognition they deserve. Mos Def for example. If you're looking a catchy tune get a Britney Spears CD.

trannybanger
09-03-2008, 12:28 AM
i voted nas.

OK, but it's lame

which is true

Then you should check out Trina... damn, thighs for days

trannybanger
09-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Dude you can't argue with Armani on this... if you don't agree with his special relationship with Cube you are an East Coast hater, even if you aren't from the east coast. We have discussed it before, and I don't think Cube is Top 5 but he definitely deserving to be on that list more than 50 Cent.

Alyssa87
09-03-2008, 12:32 AM
i voted nas.

OK, but it's lame

which is true

of course shes a real rapper.

i have A LOT of her stuff on my iPod.

trannybanger
09-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Oh and I voted other. Pharoahe Monch

Fox
09-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Best all around? Damn. I'm gonna ride the train and say Nas. Dude is ill.

Hung Alpha
09-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Dude you can't argue with Armani on this... if you don't agree with his special relationship with Cube you are an East Coast hater, even if you aren't from the east coast. We have discussed it before, and I don't think Cube is Top 5 but he definitely deserving to be on that list more than 50 Cent.

He should make the list before 50. The only reason I put 50 on there is because I thought he'd get votes. Pharoahe Monch is a good call.

Best all around? Damn. I'm gonna ride the train and say Nas. Dude is ill.

Gotta agree with you on that. Nas is the best around in my opinion.

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Just For the record,

Via this list, I voted Nas.

MonsieurValentine
09-03-2008, 01:16 AM

Yeah, but he's still relevant since 2Pac and Biggie died. Instead of attempting to be a smartass why don't you contribute to the thread by giving a straight answer.

50 mumbles too much, plus the content of his songs are weak. I mean Candy Shop, come one! Get Rich or Die Tryin wasn't that bad. There's alot worse. Just because it's a fast selling record doesn't mean it's quality though. Some of the best rappers don't get recognition they deserve. Mos Def for example. If you're looking a catchy tune get a Britney Spears CD.

attempting to be a smart ass? it was quite factual, actually, noob. attempting to be a smart ass would be a britney spears comment.

I don't know whom the best is 'since', but I'd gladly add KRS-One, Rakim, DJ Quik and Outkast to the list.

Kanye should be dropped in my opinion. I can't stand his rapping. Maybe WORST rapper ever, possibly best producer ever, but the dude raps like a three-year-old.

Hung Alpha
09-03-2008, 01:28 AM
If you don't know or have an opinion then why are you in this thread? I'm not a Kanye fan either but he's popular with alot of people who like that pop-tastic stuff, like your boy 50 Cent.

hwbs
09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
i like nas , common and kanye. to be honest i dont listen to too much rap so i don't think my opinon really counts , lol..games new cd sucks...i am loving tech 9..saw him a couple weeks ago in nyc...eminem is too busy trying to sound like 50....50 is pretty much garbage...gotta love jigga and snoop might be old but he is a real good performer and put out one of the greatest rap cds of all time ...

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 01:43 AM
i like nas , common and kanye. to be honest,
Ice Cube is the shit and if any of you East Coast bastards keep disrespecting this LEGEND'S legend, I'm gonna have to ban you so fast your heads will spin off your shoulders

:wink:

Hung Alpha
09-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Snoop is definitely an all-time great.

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 01:55 AM

agree'd.

But if you are talking about Hip Hop "Greatness",

then snoop bows to Ice Cube too.

Fox
09-03-2008, 02:06 AM
I like Kanye, but I agree, his rap is too weak to be on the list, although tracks like Two Words, Last Call, Gold Digger, Drive Slow, We Major, Stronger, Barry Bonds are all dope IMO. As a producer he's heavy though.

Hung Alpha
09-03-2008, 02:37 AM

agree'd.

Looks like we have a difference of opinion on this. I'll agree to disagree.

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 02:43 AM

agree'd.

Looks like we have a difference of opinion on this. I'll agree to disagree.

We can agree to disagree.........

You'd still be wrong though.

When snoop makes one of these, I'll agree........maybe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZ9JVoG1gs

mrbig
09-03-2008, 02:48 AM
I've traveled a lot through south america and have been asked a couple of times to go along to see some concerts of Daddy Yankee. I'm not sayin' he is the best since biggie or tupac, but IMO he COULD be after some time. This guy is like royalty in south-am.

Click to see the vid:

http://b.imagehost.org/0061/dc.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqjiqiJaeM)

mrbig 8)

harlemzfinest
09-03-2008, 03:41 AM
I think common is the best rapper

trannybanger
09-03-2008, 03:44 AM
Daddy Yankee should not even be mentioned in a thread about quality of music. Quality of the women that go his shows, well we all now that he is bringing in the cream there.

PeteIsHere
09-03-2008, 04:16 AM
I didn't read all of the pages but did anyone mention DMX? I'm not referring to the DMX of today (drug addict) whose creativity has dried up but the DMX's that created the first three albums that were great.

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 04:57 AM
I didn't read all of the pages but did anyone mention DMX? I'm not referring to the DMX of today (drug addict) whose creativity has dried up but the DMX's that created the first three albums that were great.

DMX = Pac biter

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 04:58 AM
I think common is the best rapper

I like Common.

However, His weakness stems from all the love tracks on each of his records......sometimes back to back to back.

blckhaze
09-03-2008, 05:10 AM
jayz, then nas

im still mad your riding this ice cube train lol

*is glad no one said LL*

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 05:15 AM
jayz, then nas

*is glad no one said LL*

But you just threw Jay Z in FRONT of Nas.

That's like sayin KFC is better than Roscoe's.
:?:

One of us is plainly wrong.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-03-2008, 05:15 AM
fuck LL

Jay will be Jay

Nas ripped '08 a new asshole with his latest album

Thatiger23
09-03-2008, 05:24 AM
NAS

EyeCumInPiece
09-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Nas gets my vote. Eminem has developed quite a legacy for himself, and is from what i know the most selling rap artist in history. But Nas has longevity. He was spittin real shit b4 Eminem, and is still doing it after Eminem.

Solitary Brother
09-03-2008, 05:32 AM
IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE has the sickest flow out of any of them.

EyeCumInPiece
09-03-2008, 05:40 AM
IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE has the sickest flow out of any of them.

I think Tech will def be a legend someday, but he is still young and barely in his prime. His time will come tho.

EyeCumInPiece
09-03-2008, 05:41 AM
And im wit JWBL

Fuck LL. He Sux.

beatmaker
09-03-2008, 06:03 AM
Lupe Fiasco is a fuchin beast! His album "The Cool" is on some next level shyt. You can check it out on Youtube. He's the only cat (maybe Common too), who's on Nas' level lyrically and intellectually.

P.S: Ice Cube's first two albums (AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted & Death Certificate) are bonafide classics. Cube just like L.L can spit a verse and rip a live show better than 95% of these little ringtone rappers in the game now. The game used to be 3-dimensional, not it's just 2. It's flat, there's little creativity or groundbreaking work being done in the mainstream rap. With the exception of the Chi-Town 3 (Common, Lupe & Kanye) no one's really pushing the envelope (well Nas & Outkast too). It's all about dope dealing/hustling, shaking azzes in the club, shootem up bang bang and other simple minded bullshyt. That has it's place, but the game is oversaturated with get over artists, who are following an A&R playbook to get signed. Some independent rappers might be doing something different, but their rapping tends to be all over the place and unfocused, or the mixdown sounds shaky.

Hip-Hop better get it's shyt together. I don't trust the "Johnny Come Lately" hip-hop fans, who started listening to rap music in high school or later to stay loyal. Shyt might be a phase or something. They may very well tire of the music I grew up with, since I was a shorty in the Bronx (the birthplace).

Another thing, as a black man in America, present day rap music portrays us as ignorant buffoons and thugs. Racist whites just eat that shyt up and these fools could care less, as long as their getting paid. A lot of these rap dudes are on some new millenium minstrel shyt.

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Lupe Fiasco is a fuchin beast! His album "The Cool" is on some next level shyt. You can check it out on Youtube. He's the only cat (maybe Common too), who's on Nas' level lyrically and intellectually.

P.S: Ice Cube's first two albums (AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted & Death Certificate) are bonafide classics. Cube just like L.L can spit a verse and rip a live show better than 95% of these little ringtone rappers in the game now. The game used to be 3-dimensional, not it's just 2. It's flat, there's little creativity or groundbreaking work being done in the mainstream rap. With the exception of the Chi-Town 3 (Common, Lupe & Kanye) no one's really pushing the envelope (well Nas & Outkast too). It's all about dope dealing/hustling, shaking azzes in the club, shootem up bang bang and other simple minded bullshyt. That has it's place, but the game is oversaturated with get over artists, who are following an A&R playbook to get signed. Some independent rappers might be doing something different, but their rapping tends to be all over the place and unfocused, or the mixdown sounds shaky.

Hip-Hop better get it's shyt together. I don't trust the "Johnny Come Lately" hip-hop fans, who started listening to rap music in high school or later to stay loyal. Shyt might be a phase or something. They may very well tire of the music I grew up with, since I was a shorty in the Bronx (the birthplace).

Another thing, as a black man in America, present day rap music portrays us as ignorant buffoons and thugs. Racist whites just eat that shyt up and these fools could care less, as long as their getting paid. A lot of these rap dudes are on some new millenium minstrel shyt.

^

Always liked that guy

8)

Fox
09-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Leave it to beatmaker to lay the cards on the table. :p

CORVETTEDUDE
09-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Best Rapper....WTF!?!?! There's no such thing as a "Good" one, much less a "Best" one!

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Best Rapper....WTF!?!?! There's no such thing as a "Good" one, much less a "Best" one!

I always think it's funny when somebody dismisses Hip Hop as a musical art form, and they themselves can't perform it.

Fox
09-03-2008, 06:37 AM

Why do you keep posting in hip-hop threads since you obviously don't like it. I remember you said you like one or two artists (was it Public Enemy?), but if you only listened to a couple of artists, how would you know there are no good rappers?

Please stop trusting radio and tv to represent the best of the genre (rock fans tend to feel the same on that, etc.)

celticgrafix
09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
lil wanye, laugh about that

hwbs
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
i like nas , common and kanye. to be honest,
Ice Cube is the shit and if any of you East Coast bastards keep disrespecting this LEGEND'S legend, I'm gonna have to ban you so fast your heads will spin off your shoulders

:wink:

ummmm i didn't say that.....there is always a west coast bias....i live on the east coast and love the seahawks....no mattter how good they are the people in bristol think they suck....what are u going to do ...go up there with some picket signs..

PeteIsHere
09-03-2008, 06:43 PM
It's impossible to label DMX as a Tupic imitator because their styles are different. The only thing DMX has in common with Tupac is that he sports a bald head.

DMX = Pac biter

trannybanger
09-03-2008, 06:52 PM
All in all I think we can agree that this is a difficult task to decide upon. I think there are really bests in every regional style and that would be easier to decide than overall. Its like deciding who is the best basketball player since MJ. I am up for another debeating the merits of artists from NYC, The Dirty, Bay Area, L.A, Chi-Town and Chocolate City.

Jolt711ml
09-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Easily the best rapper NOW... is "MF DOOM" look him up.

blckhaze
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
jayz, then nas

*is glad no one said LL*

But you just threw Jay Z in FRONT of Nas.

That's like sayin KFC is better than Roscoe's.
:?:

One of us is plainly wrong.

i cant in good conscience put nas over jay. jays albums are consistently better, and jay kinda murdeed nas with takeover.

ARMANIXXX
09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
^

Everybody knows Ether was more personal and harder than what Jay Z threw.

Everybody.

And everybody knows Jay Z = McDonalds.

That wasn't always so.....but it is now and has been for a while.

Nas = Artist.

Jay Z = Commercial

MonsieurValentine
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM
If you don't know or have an opinion then why are you in this thread? I'm not a Kanye fan either but he's popular with alot of people who like that pop-tastic stuff, like your boy 50 Cent.
I gave you my opinion. Slick.

celticgrafix
09-04-2008, 12:34 AM

Laugh all you want but no one has been able to sale records the way Lil Wayne has, since before file sharing. There has to be some kind of recognition for those rapper that can actually sell rap records. Besides if you ever really listen to his lyric you can hear that he does has some depth.

"If we too simple, then y'all don't get the basics."

get thje fuk ouuta here lil wayne's muisc sucks ass. sales has no signicance sorry to break the bad news to you. with all the payolla to radio and video stations any jackass can get popular. in case sorry ass lil wayne

oh its cool i c, u like all the shitty rap, like nelly and ja rule, since i know u like them i understand how u can be hating on the best

Hung Alpha
09-04-2008, 12:45 AM

Laugh all you want but no one has been able to sale records the way Lil Wayne has, since before file sharing. There has to be some kind of recognition for those rapper that can actually sell rap records. Besides if you ever really listen to his lyric you can hear that he does has some depth.

get thje fuk ouuta here lil wayne's muisc sucks ass. sales has no signicance sorry to break the bad news to you. with all the payolla to radio and video stations any jackass can get popular. in case sorry ass lil wayne

oh its cool i c, u like all the shitty rap, like nelly and ja rule, since i know u like them i understand how u can be hating on the best

You don't get anymore shitty than this. He's on the same level as Ja and Nelly. Here's one of is most popular songs LMAO http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=740d8sTpM7U

This is the guy you think has taken the mantle from 2Pac and B.I.G? A guy that raps about lolipos in a robot voice? Come on.

celticgrafix
09-04-2008, 01:33 AM

You don't get anymore shitty than this. He's on the same level as Ja and Nelly. Here's one of is most popular songs LMAO http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=740d8sTpM7U

This is the guy you think has taken the mantle from 2Pac and B.I.G? A guy that raps about lolipos in a robot voice? Come on.

if u think he's shitty than your dumbass needs to just stick to techno or whatever the hell you're listening to and that 2pac shit is so damn old, get
over it already, california love was a fucking bitch fest

celticgrafix
09-04-2008, 01:34 AM
start another poll dipshit, others is just about leading

Hung Alpha
09-04-2008, 01:46 AM
You've got two options:

1. Act civilly and add to the discussion without getting personal

2. Continue acting like a sexually frustrated loser

If you're dissing 2Pac to stick up for Lil Wayne then I think that's worthy of a ban.

Alyssa87
09-04-2008, 01:47 AM

lol.
im still waiting on Other's album to drop.
He's real popular on HA.

celticgrafix
09-04-2008, 01:51 AM

lol.
im still waiting on Other's album to drop.
He's real popular on HA.

yeh he is
but when it does
get it
there is no one better

celticgrafix
09-04-2008, 02:11 AM
You've got two options:

1. Act civilly and add to the discussion without getting personal

2. Continue acting like a sexually frustrated loser

If you're dissing 2Pac to stick up for Lil Wayne then I think that's worthy of a ban.

dude u got 35 posts and talkin about banning people, get the fuck outta here, and be able to take it if ur willing to dish it, dont get all upset, tell u what, go through on a ur best ja rule cd and cry urself to sleep

Hung Alpha
09-04-2008, 02:20 AM
I thought you might choose the latter. I'd hate to brake it to you but your insults are on a par with your taste in hip-hop. Find a post where I said I'm a fan of Ja Rule or else stop reaching.

Lil Wayne groupie acting hard LOL, only on the internet do you get that shit.

Wino the SuperHero
09-04-2008, 06:36 AM
it's hard to say.
Eminem had his run.
Lil Wayne is on fire now.
Nas is great but can get too political.
The Game has revived the west coast.
T.I. is on point.

Wino the SuperHero
09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Ether was one of the top five illest diss records ever.

jgud051
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Lupe Fiasco

spunkybrewster007
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Black Thought from The Roots should always be @ top, he doesn't get enough respect. Been jammin the new Killer Mike, dude has sick flow.

celticgrafix
09-11-2008, 03:10 AM

To be honest I am not a Lil wayne fan. However I believe that you should give credit were credit is due. The job of a hip-hop MC has always be to move crowds( including record sale), biggie and Tupac were able to to that. No one one the list is doing the way Lil Wayne has been able to do it. The reason why I give him props is simple. His verse on Wyclef's "Sweetest girl" bill was the sickest thing I heard in a minute even when it was sung by a white girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhxsEDyOtzQ&feature=related

thats what im tryin to say, over a million albums in a week, come on now, hard to challenge that

4ever_ngt
09-11-2008, 03:37 AM
Talib Kweli...thats my vote..& he's easily got more talent than 50cunt & Kanye...come on git dat bullshit outta here..yall serious..??? Who made up this list ? Because looking at this list i would belive rap was dead too...

demmie
09-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Alive: Slimkid3 (Pharcyde), Dr. Dre, Snoop (kinda lost it though...), KRS-One, De La Soul, Ice Cube, Eminem (also kinda lost it...), Nas, Kool G Rap, Chuck D, Raekwon, The other dudes from Wu-Tang, OLD SKOOL BUSTA RHYMES, Outkast, Afroman.

Hip-Hop kinda died somewhere between '97 and '01...

chrissygirl
11-07-2008, 09:51 AM
hey honies.......has anyone mentioned female rappers yet?..........i gotta say Eve is my favorite!........some call her a pitbull in a skirt!........luv it!

Alyssa87
11-07-2008, 09:56 AM
hey honies.......has anyone mentioned female rappers yet?..........i gotta say Eve is my favorite!........some call her a pitbull in a skirt!........luv it!

im a r&b head. but if i listen to rap its female mc's.
i love Eve's first album. but everything since then has been a miss (to my ears)

in fact all the girls i like seemed to be better when they first came out.
kim, foxy & remy.

but i love them, and they are all in HEAVY HEAVY rotation on my itunes.

Alyssa87
11-07-2008, 09:57 AM
YouTube's 'Femceez' page has a lot of new and underground stuff from female rappers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Femceez?ob=1

lupinIII
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
British Hip-hop girl M.I.A. from her first album Arular

Sunshowers
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=knQuxZj9rTA

Galang
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=BkTOsOUbDko

Bucky Done Gun
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YVX0sVMGCAo

From Australia we've got Macromantics

Apple Crumble
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0zQcN1VpXp8

Physical
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ODFEHh5W2n0

PennyDreadful
11-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Uh, Andre Nickatina, MF DOOM, Aesop Rock are all great

chrissygirl
11-07-2008, 07:11 PM
hi alyssa87........you're too cute!......i prefer female rap too!....but i'm just generally girly!......but you're right....Eve could put out more material [other than movie appearances] ....i like the duets with Gwen and Alicia Keys and such.........we should keep in touch to exchange tunes!..........thanks for your reply!.......chrissy xoxo

Wino the SuperHero
11-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Lil Wayne is by far the best. because he is consistent. he can change his style up, he tries something different. he has been on almost everything and he doesn't sound the same. he appeals not only to the black community but the white community as well.

Hip-Hop is not dying it is evolving. if hip-hop was the same today as it was back in the 90's then it would be dead. it changes with the times. that allows for new/newer talent to emerge.

every new generation will have its own music.

phobun
11-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Eminem is the best and always will be the best.

longwave
11-09-2008, 08:50 AM
of the list, i guess i'd go with nas though he really hasn't put out a consistent album since illmatic.

besides the already mentioned immortal technique, pharoahe monch & mf doom i'd add...

ghostface
del
jean grae
wale
az
oh no
el-p
pusha t & malice (clipse)
e-40
kid sister
t.i.
percee p
saafir
vast aire (cannibal ox)
gift of gab (blackalicious)

Ryz
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
That list you made is just fucking gay.

longwave
11-09-2008, 11:34 PM

let's see your 'oh so hard' list so we all can have a laugh, douchebag.

envivision
11-10-2008, 12:33 AM
A canadian rapper by the name of Masari

trannybanger
11-10-2008, 12:35 AM
you are joking, right?

Ryz
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM

wat, I was talking about the poll but w.e. Your list seems kinda wack also.
and whats with all the female rappers lol

Big L
Styles P
Jadakiss
Jay Z
Common Sense
KRS One
Rakim
Nas
Vinnie Paz
Wu Tang Clan
Jurassic 5
MF Doom

longwave
11-10-2008, 02:30 AM

wat, I was talking about the poll but w.e. Your list seems kinda wack also.
and whats with all the female rappers lol

Big L
Styles P
Jadakiss
Jay Z
Common Sense
KRS One
Rakim
Nas
Vinnie Paz
Wu Tang Clan
Jurassic 5
MF Doom

only ones i'd agree with though i wouldn't list wu-tang as a whole since there's sub-par mc's included (u-god, cappadonna). same with jurassic 5. i never liked common, jadakiss or big l. haven't really heard enough of styles p. i love most of his early stuff but krs one never seemed like an mc who had a great flow though his lyrics were usually excellent. vinnie paz is alright but i don't think JMT has been the same since jus allah left, though he's back on the new album.

and what's wrong with female mc's?

envivision
11-10-2008, 05:22 AM
you are joking, right?

Dead serious

My list:

1. Massari from Ottawa (granted he is more into soul/rap)
2. Will Smith
3. Nick Carter

Clean rap is cool

trannybanger
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
you are joking, right?

Dead serious

My list:

1. Massari from Ottawa (granted he is more into soul/rap)
2. Will Smith
3. Nick Carter

Clean rap is cool

Props dude. All those guys are absolutely fucking horrible. But at least you have the balls to rep what you like.

jordyd19
11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Wu Tang...
Aesop Rock
Eyedea and Abilities

Nerd rapper- MC Chris- fettes vette, tussin

I'm going on Lyrics and Aesop Rock is from Minnesota and white and I heard he's doing rock now but check out his beats and lyrics. I would think the record labels saw another white rapper who wasn't gangster and sneered.

youngandhung
11-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Pre Tha Carter III Lil Wayne hands down

sugdaddie69
11-21-2008, 01:36 AM
I agree,after Carter 111,i'd have to say Wayne

MafiosA
12-11-2008, 01:49 AM
ICE CUBE AND BONE THUGS N HARMONY

transmaven
12-11-2008, 03:18 AM
best rapper? whatever -- have some great tunes:

Daz & Kurupt, Kurupt and Daz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgYJrUpjsLM

e-40 and Nate Dogg and Battlecat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfi_GKtOmSo

I pop my collar one time

got contol of your mind

lupinIII
12-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Some Aussie hip-hop

Bliss 'n' Eso

Then till Now
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzrCp17a9k

The Sea is Rising
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=AWiAuIygfl8

The Herd

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=n65x_cSHSHE

Fuckin' sweet video on 2020

77%
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pQnGqdFO9EY

Butterfingers

FIGJAM (Fuck I'm Good, Just Ask Me)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YyzrKPcLpBw

http://www.myspace.com/astronomyclass

Astronomy Class are probably my favourite right now, check out the song A Bright Tomorrow

http://www.myspace.com/astronomyclass

sockmonkey
12-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Hands down, it's MF DOOM.

The Villain's got the sickest flow, some of the most intelligent lyrical concepts, and some real-ass production values.

Honestly, I don't consider Biggie and Pac to be the be-all and end-all of hip hop. There have always been a thousand out there that are more talented and less respected, same as any other type of music. The whole time Pac was blowin' up, I was listening to Del tha Funkee Homosapien, among others... Tupac really benefited from some amazing producers, not the least of whom was Dre, but the fact remains that good producers can take a track that's mediocre at best and turn it into a single. Not to say that all of Pac's best songs were polished turds, but I really think he had that element of outside help. But he definitely was intelligent enough to be a decent lyricist, which I respect as being a third of what I look for in hip-hop music.

And honestly, I don't think B.I.G. was ever good. He was a fat guy who was a scene insider who was deified after he got murdered. To me, that's the end of the story. You know what they say about opinions and assholes, though; I got nothing bad to say about anybody that likes him.

transmaven
12-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Ah, the amazing melancholy of Nate's voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVF1C4-_9Pc

let's hope this great musician recovers from his recent strokes

f'ing sucks!

uber_nerd
12-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Pharrell Williams is a'ite.

gimmeurblood
12-12-2008, 01:19 AM
http://files.isound.com/pics/e/s/esham.jpg

^Hi Im Esham, Im from Detroit and i spit the Wicked Shit

Fox
12-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Got any samples for us?

attracted2ts
12-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Its a a 4 way tie between

Chamillionaire www.myspace.com/chamillionaire ,

Lupe Fiasco http://www.myspace.com/lupefiasco ,

Tech N9ne www.myspace.com/techn9n

and Eminem

darren303
12-12-2008, 04:24 AM
nas n lupe fiasco

bte
12-12-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech N9ne and Spice 1

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
12-12-2008, 05:40 AM
GZA
Rakim
Keith Murray and Erik Sermon
NERD
Dead Prez
MF Doom
Kool Keith

and...

The Ironman Ghostface Killah Tony Stark

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-12-2008, 05:43 AM
bigups to EPMD dropping a new album

WE MEAN BUSINESS

hwbs
12-13-2008, 11:39 PM
steezo cuts hair right in the next town over....dude drives like a t bucket...pretty funny...

TessTickles
12-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Rap is dying?
PTL
Quick, somebody, it's time for a double tap ! !

djbj_2_2_69
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
wow there are some amazing rappers I havent seen listed yet.

I saw Tech N9ne and Immortal Technique.
surprised i have yet to see Busta Rhymes, Cypress Hill, or Everlast (house of Pain) on the list.

Underground is where it's at
Atmosphere
Busdriver
Ill Bill
Three 6 Mafia

Instrumental
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I think the top 3 best rappers of all time would have to be Rakim, Guru and KRS-One. But then as I type this, I'm probably forgetting a couple.

And lol at saying hip-hop is dying or dead. Anyone who says that either doesn't know hip-hop or in Nas' case is just trying to stir up a ruckus to get album sales. Hip-hop music is better than ever, it's just that now you have to look harder for it and less of the good stuff is mainstream.

argentina2007
12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Since when has the true Hip Hop community accepted the popular music fans opinion that Biggie and Tupac were great Emcees? The all time greats, innovators of style and kings are, Big L, Masta Ace, Lord Finesse, MF Grimm, Percee P, Cage Kennylz, Prince Po, Kurious, Jeru, Kool Keith etc.
An obese generic emcee and a glorified R&B toaster come nowhere near these men.

argentina2007
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Hands down, it's MF DOOM.

The Villain's got the sickest flow, some of the most intelligent lyrical concepts, and some real-ass production values.

Honestly, I don't consider Biggie and Pac to be the be-all and end-all of hip hop. There have always been a thousand out there that are more talented and less respected, same as any other type of music. The whole time Pac was blowin' up, I was listening to Del tha Funkee Homosapien, among others... Tupac really benefited from some amazing producers, not the least of whom was Dre, but the fact remains that good producers can take a track that's mediocre at best and turn it into a single. Not to say that all of Pac's best songs were polished turds, but I really think he had that element of outside help. But he definitely was intelligent enough to be a decent lyricist, which I respect as being a third of what I look for in hip-hop music.

And honestly, I don't think B.I.G. was ever good. He was a fat guy who was a scene insider who was deified after he got murdered. To me, that's the end of the story. You know what they say about opinions and assholes, though; I got nothing bad to say about anybody that likes him.
Apart from both KMD albums and operation doomsday, I don't have the highest appreciation of DOOM, his recent work lacks his unpredictable style that he mastered with Grimm and Megalon. Dissing the MIC too? The mans a snake.

MrShow52
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
wow you guys must be joking, underground MCs are so awful.

MrShow52
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
ESPECIALLY MF DOOM. He has to be like one of the most over rated MCs of all time. Poor delivery, poor timing. I've been to one of his shows, big daddy kane opened for him and destroyed it. I think I fell asleep during Doom's set. Yeah he makes some good beats but that's where his talent ends. He's like the underground version of kanye.

sockmonkey
12-16-2008, 01:42 AM
ESPECIALLY MF DOOM. He has to be like one of the most over rated MCs of all time. Poor delivery, poor timing. I've been to one of his shows, big daddy kane opened for him and destroyed it. I think I fell asleep during Doom's set. Yeah he makes some good beats but that's where his talent ends. He's like the underground version of kanye.

If that's the case, then your concept of timing must be limited to the monosyllabic.

Fox
12-16-2008, 01:57 AM
I think the top 3 best rappers of all time would have to be Rakim, Guru and KRS-One. But then as I type this, I'm probably forgetting a couple.

And lol at saying hip-hop is dying or dead. Anyone who says that either doesn't know hip-hop or in Nas' case is just trying to stir up a ruckus to get album sales. Hip-hop music is better than ever, it's just that now you have to look harder for it and less of the good stuff is mainstream.

I certainly don't doubt Nas said it for publicity and sales, but in his defense he wasn't really talking about the music so much as the attitude people have in the game with beefs, crab-mentality and everyone having their own label.

Hip-Hop been dead, we the reason it died
Wasn't Sylvia's fault or because MC's skills are lost
It's because we can't see ourselves as the boss
Deep-rooted through slavery, self-hatred
The Jewish stick together, friends in high places
We on some low level shit
We don't want niggaz to ever win
See, everybody got a label
Everybody's a rapper but few flow fatal
It's fucked up, it all started from two turntables

addicted
12-16-2008, 04:18 AM
I am going to the toilet to take a biggie tucrap

Shemale_luver_str8
12-16-2008, 07:04 AM

Hip-Hop only seems to be dying, the producers, the artists, and the "dj's" need to remember their roots, where rap came from. Once that is acheived Hip-Hop will begin to make a comeback. To say that Rap is Dying is wrong, it should say that it has lost its way. But it will make a comeback.

transmaven
12-16-2008, 07:59 AM
white guys will often overrate rappers based on "lyrics."

these types also like to get behind obscure indie rappers, etc.

of course, most of these wordy, fussy indie rappers suck.

when does it all come together? here -- and it never gets better --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gGXKefxcc

not fussy, not wordy, not showy

just poetry

Bandyspring
12-16-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm a big Aceyalone fan, though I wouldn't classify him as the best. Also props to Aesop Rock for None Shall Pass, I really enjoyed that album. A ton of others also deserve nods, but Idon't think it's possible to choose one person or group due to the massive differences in style, taste, and preferences, both for the performers and for the audience.

pndme1
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM
This is a ridiculous question since NAS Illmatic came out before Biggie, and before Tupac was Tupac. Not only that ILLMATIC is hailed as the standard by which all other Hip-Hop albums are judged. So the real answer is NAS, because he was the greatest rapper before Tupac and Biggie, and the greatest after.

RangeHova
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM

when does it all come together?

This is one of the issues I have with people judging rap. For me, lyrical prose needs to be 80% of the equation when it comes to judging a rapper. The indie and underground rappers are better when it comes to lyrics but because the industry can't sell really complicated word play to the masses because the masses don't want to think that hard.

Like Jay-Z said, If skills sold, truth be told, I’d probably be, lyrically, Talib Kweli

These discussions leave out the best lyricist because they don't have mass appeal.

I still Biggie was the best but that is only based on a very small body of work. Had he put out one bad album a lot of us would be quick to say he was just average. I mean, if you take 2 or 3 albums from Jay-Z, Ice Cube, GZA, Rakim, etc. They could be included in the discussion. If Rakim died after his first 2 records he would be considered the best hands down.

I also feel like any discussion of best needs to be based on that rapper and the time in which he was out. During the 80s, Run of RunDMC was 20 steps ahead of the rest of the pack. Everyone else had to catch up to him. He was the Jim brown of rap. You can't compare 1984 rap to the much more complicated 1998 rap. They both were just as great but for different reasons.[/i]

Instrumental
12-16-2008, 09:37 PM
wow you guys must be joking, underground MCs are so awful.

This is such an ignorant statement. There are thousands and thousands of non mainstream acts in rap and any genre for that matter. Among the diversity and range you'll find plenty of underground rappers with lots of talent. Popularity does not factor into quality so whether an artist is mainstream or underground is irrelevant to whether they're good or not.

I also feel like any discussion of best needs to be based on that rapper and the time in which he was out.

See I disagree, in a discussion about the best rappers, longevity is a factor which is in part why I chose the three rappers I did because they've all been putting in work since the 80s and still put in work today over 20 years later. Longevity shows the ability to adapt and improve over time so I think if a rapper is only in one era then that keeps them from being the best.

addicted
12-16-2008, 09:41 PM

just poetry

This is one of the dumbest posts i have ever read. So I guess by you saying white guys you are black right? Yea very obvious. Hip hop has always about lyrics and will always be about lyrics. problem is now these idiots have dumbed it down so much that foolish fans think all this bullshit about material and wealth is ALL that matters.

argentina2007
12-17-2008, 01:11 AM

just poetry

Ice Cube's a toy. So what you're basically saying is melanin defines musical taste and knowledge, personal preference and intelligence? That people of a darker skin tone should dumb themselves down like NWA and Dipset? Introverted racism is a cunt eh?
Know yourself son, these so called 'underground' 'obscure' 'indie' emcees are those whose heart is in Hip Hop, it's purely real on Fondle 'em and Def Jux.

attracted2ts
12-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Okay this post is from a black guy...Lyrical content is 80% of the pie for me and the other is beat..I hate hearing a tight lyric over some whack beat...To say lyrics are not the top basis for a hip-hop great..If thats the case you believe rappers like Lil'Wayne, Bow Wow, or Mike Jones are part of the greatest..Most of them is hype..U can cook a turd put it in a nice package & true enough if the marketing behind it the shit will sell....Me myself prefer & come from a era where as Lupe so eloquently put it Dumb It Down...Talib Kweli is so under promoted but turds as Bow Wow are well promoted......Hell and if u a keep it real type of guy check out Trae (he beat Mike Jones ass) Z-ro, Tech N9ne, UGK (rip Pimp C) or Devin the dude.....

MrShow52
12-28-2008, 05:49 AM
yeah cause black guys are the only ones w/opinions that matter. crackers are 90% of the hip-hop audience. Also whites tend to like the rappers you mentioned as being good and blacks enjoy garbage like mike jones and lil wayne. I know this because I work with hip-hop almost exclusively in my job

El Nino
12-28-2008, 07:13 AM
bigups to EPMD dropping a new album

WE MEAN BUSINESS This is Great news

transmaven
12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Sticking with my remarks about white guys and their fetishizing of "lyrics"

I should know I'm white as snow

and have been making the music scene for a long time.

The following is not rap, but makes my point very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21BMncDhjKY

This is an amazing song, mixed by the king of dj's

as far as I'm concerned the song posted has *exquisite* lyrics, but too "obvious," I'm afraid, to satisfy many an indie-rap "lyrics" snob

the world has room for all kinds of music but the beat is supreme

sockmonkey
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Okay this post is from a black guy...Lyrical content is 80% of the pie for me and the other is beat..I hate hearing a tight lyric over some whack beat...To say lyrics are not the top basis for a hip-hop great..If thats the case you believe rappers like Lil'Wayne, Bow Wow, or Mike Jones are part of the greatest..Most of them is hype..U can cook a turd put it in a nice package & true enough if the marketing behind it the shit will sell....Me myself prefer & come from a era where as Lupe so eloquently put it Dumb It Down...Talib Kweli is so under promoted but turds as Bow Wow are well promoted......Hell and if u a keep it real type of guy check out Trae (he beat Mike Jones ass) Z-ro, Tech N9ne, UGK (rip Pimp C) or Devin the dude.....

Or, in another way of putting it, it doesn't exactly take a genius to rhyme "Mike Jones" with "Mike Jones."

sockmonkey
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
as far as I'm concerned the song posted has *exquisite* lyrics, but too "obvious," I'm afraid, to satisfy many an indie-rap "lyrics" snob

So, wait, you're stating an opinion about your own opinion that white guys are lyrics snobs? Has anybody in this discussion stated that they feel the lyrics in that song are too "obvious," as you put it? Who ever said that good lyrics can't be "obvious," or simple, or devoid of intricately crafted metaphor?

the world has room for all kinds of music but the beat is supreme

No, it's not, unless you're listening to wholly instrumental music. Lyrical music should have good music and good lyrics. Recorded lyrical music is a trichotomy; it should have good music and lyrics, and be well-produced.

ef9hatchman
12-29-2008, 12:14 AM
This post is on only famous people. I have met numerous people 10 times better than that list.These people actually write their own lyrics compared to the list. Who got rich and lazy.

ef9hatchman
12-29-2008, 12:15 AM
This post is on only famous people. I have met numerous people 10 times better than that list.These people actually write their own lyrics compared to the list. Who got rich and lazy.

transmaven
12-29-2008, 09:07 AM
So, wait, you're stating an opinion about your own opinion that white guys are lyrics snobs? Has anybody in this discussion stated that they feel the lyrics in that song are too "obvious," as you put it? Who ever said that good lyrics can't be "obvious," or simple, or devoid of intricately crafted metaphor?

Not all white guys. Many white guys. Many a rhythm-challenged, intelligent, flow-deficient indie-rap loving hipster has come to grief b/c they overvalue certain varieties of complexity in the lyrics that accompany music.

What I'm saying is that lots of people have bad taste in music. And literature, art, etc. Evidence of good taste is precious precisely because it's *rare.*

There's nothing to "argue" here, nothing to "justify." These are my views and I'm content that others have their own. That won't stop me from making a comment about it when I feel like doing so.

The best and most useful thing would be to simply click on the many songs I've posted here. Then tell me if you think I have taste. ;)

Edit to add how I really feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONJz_dFW7o

sockmonkey
12-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Not all white guys. Many white guys. Many a rhythm-challenged, intelligent, flow-deficient indie-rap loving hipster has come to grief b/c they overvalue certain varieties of complexity in the lyrics that accompany music.

Well, hipsters suck in the first place. I think my bone of contention (insert punchline here) initially came from the fact that you didn't say "hipsters" or like that, you just said "white guys." The generalisation was too broad.

There's nothing to "argue" here, nothing to "justify." These are my views and I'm content that others have their own. That won't stop me from making a comment about it when I feel like doing so.

Nothing should stop anybody from stating their opinions on anything at any time (outside of one's own common sense). Of course, it is equally my right to rebut your opinion.

Incidentally, I do like both Dre and Cube.

attracted2ts
01-12-2009, 11:42 PM

To be honest I am not a Lil wayne fan. However I believe that you should give credit were credit is due. The job of a hip-hop MC has always be to move crowds( including record sale), biggie and Tupac were able to to that. No one one the list is doing the way Lil Wayne has been able to do it. The reason why I give him props is simple. His verse on Wyclef's "Sweetest girl" bill was the sickest thing I heard in a minute even when it was sung by a white girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhxsEDyOtzQ&feature=related

thats what im tryin to say, over a million albums in a week, come on now, hard to challenge that

Ok look it a well known fact that Universal Records bought copies of the Carter 3 to increase the first week sales..Proof is by how quick of a drop in sales the second week..The music industrey is about money period..Lil Wayne has been overlyrated for awhile..Every rapper has a hot streak but the hip-hop world does have a shprt life span...He's hot now but thats not a guarenteed..I give it to him he is riding high right now..But hell look at Ja Rule he was hella hot for awhile now he's being outsold by jokers like Yung Berg...Gillie Da Kid is lyrically better then Wayne...Jay-Z, Nas, Tech N9ne, Black Thought, Andre 3000, Chamillionaire, Talib, Bun B, Z-Ro, Fiend, Eminem, Camp Lo, Rakim, Raekwon, Ghostface...hell even 50 Cent are better then Lil Wayne..Wayne is hot for the moment but he is a studio gangsta and like 50 Cent said he is a bit of a whore..People tried to call Nelly commercial but Wayne is past that......

Silcc69
01-12-2009, 11:52 PM
LOL at LIl Weezy.

jjhill
02-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Nasir Jones hands down!

jordyd19
02-28-2009, 07:45 AM
aesop rock

SLANTEDSTYLE
02-28-2009, 09:10 AM
NAS and Jay Z

runningdownthatdream
03-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Nas.....and consideration to:

Jeru
RA the Rugged Man
Killah Priest
KRS1
Del tha Funkee Homosapien

JelenaCD
03-01-2009, 04:18 AM
biggie was the one and only , all other rap music is lame !

addicted
03-01-2009, 06:52 AM
p.i.g?

CORVETTEDUDE
03-01-2009, 07:47 PM
"Best" Rapper??????? Hell, there's no such thing as a "Good" Rapper.

jjhill
03-02-2009, 01:29 AM
"Best" Rapper??????? Hell, there's no such thing as a "Good" Rapper.
:lies this is an opionated post so.......

transmaven
03-02-2009, 11:24 AM
forget about best rapper for a minute

have some great beats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rnvZiBldsA&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI47HqhUScY&fmt=18

liam-whostheman
03-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Talib Kweli.... nuff said.

Dino Velvet
03-06-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't know much about the rap music but this young man appears to be getting jiggidy with it. He is a real gangster and definitely is not a player hater. Word up, Home Skillet!

Eli Porter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKxPtP6XjQ

PSL4u
03-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Gang starr for sure, but they were around before 2pac and Biggie. DJ Premier and Guru, can't really top them.