PDA

View Full Version : What's the best store bought pizza that you know of?

ARMANIXXX
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM
What store bought pizza do you like and recommend?

Thatiger23
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
personally i like buying just the pizza dough and making it myself....all you need to get it the dough (or the already made pizza kits) then just get the sauce cheese and what ever else you want....

Baron Of Hell
08-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah, it is best to do it yourself and pretty easy but I'm to lazy and busy for that. Getting home at 9 or 10 takes a bit out of me.

I'd say wulfgang is the best I had but it is not for everyone.

plankton
08-28-2008, 08:25 AM
personally i like buying just the pizza dough and making it myself....all you need to get it the dough (or the already made pizza kits) then just get the sauce cheese and what ever else you want....I like tombstone.

Thatiger23
08-28-2008, 08:34 AM
dont get me wrong i like tombstone and a couple others but i guess its just the cooking side of me that likes things made from scratch

Legend
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
DiGiorno, its cheaper then delivery and taste better.

santiago316
08-28-2008, 08:58 AM
I like DiGiorno pizza.

tsntx
08-28-2008, 09:47 AM
hate digorno

love red baron best then tombstone!

kimjongil
08-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I would recommend either Connie's or Home Run Inn to you, but I think that they are exclusive to the Chicago area. Your best bet would probably be a Tombstone. It's not a great pizza, but in your part of the country is would probably rate as world class.

lupinIII
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
In Sydney, there's a superb place on the Rocks called Amo Roma. There's also a sweet as hell el-cheapo take-away place that makes some of the most insanely topped pizzas with some fantastically fresh ingredients. I can't remember the name but it's in a very small Sydney suburb so it's easy as hell to find.

JANIRA
08-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Stouffers french bread pizza!!!!!!!!!!

InHouston
08-28-2008, 01:12 PM
hate digorno

love red baron best then tombstone!

Red Baron pizza rocks. I love the sausage and pepperoni. Red Baron pizza has a good amount of sauce on it which for me makes a good pizza. Many other pizzas only smear a little patina of sauce on the crust, which makes for a dry cheese-bread kind of pizza.

Tip: Next time you order take out pizza, ask for extra sauce. It's great.

bulldog
08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
havent found a store bought one i like yet, i prefer domino's and little caesar's

Wino the SuperHero
08-28-2008, 06:41 PM
DiGiorno either the supreme or the spicy chicken

hwbs
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM
i get pizzaria uno's at my grocery store...it is not frozen but cooled....yery good and just like the restaurant !!!!

BeardedOne
08-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I have good memories of Little Seizures ( :) ), but haven't gotten one there for quite a while. Domino's in a pinch, but the last one I had kept coming back to haunt me for almost two days. :shock: Pizza Hut is consistent and bonus points if it's a slow day and you can talk them into letting you make your own (I used to work for a delivery unit).

Out of a box: Red Baron, Totino's, and Tony's are good. The last being a bit harder to find in this area because it got bumped from the cheap shelf by Pepe's (Which is horrid! Even with mounds of added ingredients, which I do with almost any frozen pizza, the crust still tastes like soap).

If I ever again get a working oven, Joe Corbi's pizza kits have always been a good choice. They are a fundraiser product frequently offered by school groups and Little League teams. They are great on their own and can be tweaked with your own extras. I miss their white/bacon pizza, discontinued a couple of years ago. The sauce was buttery/spicy and the bacon was the real deal. They continued it for a while under their breakfast/mini pizza line, but I think they dropped that as well. The latter product line is great for me as they can be prepared in a toast-r-oven.

Extra sauce, good. Extra cheese, better. And I so miss the dime-sized, thick sliced, crunchy pepperoni of years past.

Ziggy33
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
CPK without a doubt

Tomfurbs
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Most store bought pizza's are a total disappointment, but the Pizza Express line that some supermarkets stock in the UK are pretty decent. I dunno if you have them in the states (the store version I mean). They actually taste something like a pizzaria pizza, and have a proper thin flexible crust, not a hard toasty one like frozen pizzas have.

lilydev
08-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Totinos without a doubt.

youcancallmeclaire
08-28-2008, 11:21 PM
digiorno

...but you can't beat a good, local pizza shop. I hate that chain restaurant garbage.

Quiet Reflections
08-29-2008, 03:01 AM
freschetta

nosurrender69
08-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Well Idk about store bought but I wish i knew the name of this Pizza delivery place!

http://fhg.extremeladyboys.com/elb/fhg/video/011_Chin_qohgz/index.php?id=dtraffic

[/quote]

gotenks
08-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Another Chicago exclusive...Gino's East. Best frozen 'za I've ever purchased.

Paladin
08-29-2008, 03:58 AM
havent found a store bought one i like yet, i prefer domino's and little caesar's

'nuff said, but I don't go for either dominos or cesars. The best pizza is the small independent shops, and by far the best i ever had was a small shop around the corner from my house when i was growing up. I hope its still there, but i don't know not having been back to my hometown for 5 or more years...

LilWyte
08-29-2008, 04:01 AM
Domino's 2x Tuesdays brooklyn style crust with extra sauce oooo yeah 8)

and theres a local place here that's awesome

Celeste
08-29-2008, 06:02 AM
California Pizza Kitchens Signature Pepporoni :claps

JanetElise
08-29-2008, 06:31 AM
Tombstone is great.

But I prefer Frechetta Brick oven style.

ARMANIXXX
08-29-2008, 08:16 AM
California Pizza Kitchens Signature Pepporoni :claps

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!!!

I hereby declare Celeste the winner of this post.

But I'd still like to hear other good ones that are worth trying.
(I.E. NOT Tombstone)

flabbybody
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Fresh Direct thin crust

ARMANIXXX
08-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Another Chicago exclusive...Gino's East. Best frozen 'za I've ever purchased.

__________________________________________________ ______________

That pizza is sold in the stores here.

I tried it and I didn't think it was all that.

In its defense though, I did burn it a little bit, so I'm gonna have to get it and try it again.

I'll give it another shot.

redhotmailer
08-30-2008, 08:35 AM
California Pizza Kitchen. The thin crust is pretty good

unctrld1
08-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Bertucci's Brick Oven Pizza's

Shrimp Bella Venezia
Tender shrimp with garlic, crushed red pepper, fresh herbs, diced plum tomatoes, mozzarella and lemon pepper cream sauce.