PDA

View Full Version : In and Out Burger

saifan
08-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Man I love this place. True shame we don't have 'em here on the east coast. Someone hit one up and get a double double animal style for me.

tsmandy
08-26-2008, 05:49 AM
They are owned by super right wing fundamentalist Christians who fund all sorts of anti-choice and anti GLBT groups. Check the bottom of every softdrink cup and french fry wrapper and there you will find a lovely bible verse to remind you of that fact.

Of course, when I lived in socal I could not resist IN-N-OUT even though I was icked out by their political/religious agenda.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-26-2008, 06:38 AM
I love 'em too!! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

xrey
08-26-2008, 07:03 AM
That's what a hamburger is all about!

ptroup411@yahoo.com
08-26-2008, 07:06 AM
the secret menu is even better.. (try your fries animal style or well done)... I think it adds to the allure that they haven't branched out yet.. (I'm in chicago) and I know it always makes my Vegas/California trips much more interesting... And TS mandy.. you can look at any organization and find ties to some right wing nut sacks if you look hard enough... Theres no escaping that... IN N OUT FOREVER BABY!!!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-26-2008, 07:09 AM
I just see them as food. And when you're hungry, after running around Cabason outlet malls - it's quite filling! lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

xrey
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM
the secret menu is even better.. (try your fries animal style or well done)... I think it adds to the allure that they haven't branched out yet.. (I'm in chicago) and I know it always makes my Vegas/California trips much more interesting... And TS mandy.. you can look at any organization and find ties to some right wing nut sacks if you look hard enough... Theres no escaping that... IN N OUT FOREVER BABY!!!

Nothing beats a double double animal style, fries, and a shake (any flavor) after a day at the beach. :rock2

BTW, the secret menu is not very secret for us folks here in So CA.

Willie Escalade
08-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Glad I live in LA. Glad there's a location near home and work!

ottorocket
08-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Damn tasty...too bad about the trans fats.

bubbski
08-26-2008, 08:25 AM
I just finished a Double Double combo for you, and MMMMMMMMMMMMM was it ever good!!!! Even given the ultra religious bent!!!!

Is there anything else I can DO in your absence from ....like say Vanilla (and I'm not talking shake)...or Madison.....Prue...or Natasha.....

Hell, I'll even go stalk TSNTX down in West Hollywood doing her EXCELLENT show....IF I can get a double-double combo beforehand....

Just kidding, Jenn!!!!!! :D

tsmandy
08-26-2008, 09:52 AM

I'm perhaps biased, as the church that I went to when I was a teenager had a sweetheart deal with the owners of IN-N-Out so they got free land as a gift/ tax write off. Many of the people I went to church with worked at In-N-Out and that is where everyone in my church went after church to celebrate. So the bible verses and the memories are more unnerving to me in a personal sort of way. If you don't mind the bible verses and like the food more power to you. I still crave it and its been years.

saifan
08-28-2008, 05:14 AM
Yes I took a picture to remember it by...

southerncalisurfer
08-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Here is one even some of you Cali guys may not know - order a "Flying Dutchman" with "Fries Light".

As for the scripture on the cups/wrappers (I am an atheist) I think that I have a bigger problem paying for it with money that says "in god we trust" on it...

edit - how come no one has mentioned fatburger?

Realgirls4me
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Cognitive dissonance at play here I must admit. I totally agree with Mandy's sentiment and concern about In 'N' Out's fundamentalist ties (Is that true?) and what they might or might not support, and I try very hard to vote with my pocketbook whenever I can ( I won't drink any Coors beer product given their ties), but In 'N' Out also has a corporate philosophy which calls for treating its employees with dignity and respect by treating them well via paying them above the industry average and rewarding good workers. ...Hell yes. I'll support a place like In 'N' Out Burger which provides a simple menu, good fresh food, fast service, and pays its employees a lot better than every other fast food chain -- and they do.

If you're in southern California and find yourself in the mood for a good fast food burger, you can't and won't lose with In 'N' Out Burger.

... Wasn't there some protracted heir fight over majority ownership/control since the original co-founder passed away in the news not too long ago, with the possible heir being some 25 year old woman?

slinky
08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
BTW, the secret menu is not very secret for us folks here in So CA.

Somehow I don't think it's too secret even to us outside of So Ca

http://www.in-n-out.com/images/top_store_2.jpg
http://www.in-n-out.com/images/secretmenu_1.gif
http://www.in-n-out.com/images/secretmenu_2.gif
http://www.in-n-out.com/images/secretmenu_3.gif

lupinIII
08-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Here in Aus we have a coffee franchise place called Gloria Jean's, it's got links to a conservative christian group, fortunately they're a lot easier to ignore, their coffee tastes fucking horrendous, like distilled paint thinner.

spankrod
08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I find it decidedly-ironic that a place promoting such extreme "moral values", would create such unhealthy catastrophies ...

voy4her
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Here is one even some of you Cali guys may not know - order a "Flying Dutchman" with "Fries Light".

As for the scripture on the cups/wrappers (I am an atheist) I think that I have a bigger problem paying for it with money that says "in god we trust" on it...

edit - how come no one has mentioned fatburger?

i generally go for a 2 by 4 animal style light fries and a neapolitan shake. Thats right, a neapolitan shake.

slinky
08-29-2008, 04:11 AM
I find it decidedly-ironic that a place promoting such extreme "moral values", would create such unhealthy catastrophies ...

Have you ever looked at the asses on the people leaving most of the more conservative religious organizations services?

Floyd R
08-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Mandy, I thought you were a vegetarian? Maybe I'm getting you mixed up someone else.

I'm perhaps biased, as the church that I went to when I was a teenager had a sweetheart deal with the owners of IN-N-Out so they got free land as a gift/ tax write off. Many of the people I went to church with worked at In-N-Out and that is where everyone in my church went after church to celebrate. So the bible verses and the memories are more unnerving to me in a personal sort of way. If you don't mind the bible verses and like the food more power to you. I still crave it and its been years.

longwave
12-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Man I love this place. True shame we don't have 'em here on the east coast. Someone hit one up and get a double double animal style for me.

try five guys. they're all over the east coast. (http://www.fiveguys.com/home.aspx)

MrsKellyPierce
12-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I prefer Hardees number 8 the triple bacon cheeseburger MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ARMANIXXX
12-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Nations > In and Out

AmyDaly
12-03-2008, 07:57 AM
They are owned by super right wing fundamentalist Christians who fund all sorts of anti-choice and anti GLBT groups. Check the bottom of every softdrink cup and french fry wrapper and there you will find a lovely bible verse to remind you of that fact.

Of course, when I lived in socal I could not resist IN-N-OUT even though I was icked out by their political/religious agenda.

Yep. They have stuff like John 3:16 on the bottom of their cups and stuff. I don't care though. I Will eat it anyways lol.

PoleHolder
12-03-2008, 08:01 AM
yeah tsmandy knows her stuff :D

HP1000
12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
What ever happened to Krystals , White Castle or What a Burger? Those are little tummy teasers! :D

Dino Velvet
12-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm more into a Fatburger Double King Burger + Double Cheese + Chili but I will eat 3 Double-Doubles from In 'n' Out if you put them in front of me. Not crazy about In 'n' Out's fries and still think McDonalds' fries are the best.

Best Burgers In LA
1) Fatburger
2) In 'n' Out
3) Carl's Jr
4) Original Tommy's
5) Burger King
Honorable Mention: Marie Callender's, Wendy's, McDonalds, My House

Anybody remember All American Burger? Didn't some of the character's from Fast Times At Ridgemont High work there? I miss that place. Great burgers and fries.

Willie Escalade
12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
No doubt, McDonald's fries are the best.

As for burgers, try one of these imitation Tommy's...such as Tams. Also, if you're ever in Inglewood, check out Brolly Hut on Crenshaw north of Imperial. They make good burgers as well.

scrubjake
12-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Just had a double double, animal style with grilled and raw onions. It truly is one of the best burgers. Plenty of other places in the South Bay, charbroiler central as I like to say. Best burger in L.A. however is at Father's Office. Not in the same class since it is more of a gourmet burger but damn, try that and a nice IPA to boot and now we are talking.

Dino Velvet
12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
No doubt, McDonald's fries are the best.

As for burgers, try one of these imitation Tommy's...such as Tams. Also, if you're ever in Inglewood, check out Brolly Hut on Crenshaw north of Imperial. They make good burgers as well.

You ever go to Marie Callenders and get a Frisco Burger "The Works"? If not, you need to. They also give you a generous amount of fries sprinkled with Lawry's Seasoned Salt.

I sometimes hit up Big Tomy's(AKA LAPD West LA Division Roll Call) on Pico/Sawtelle if I'm too lazy to drive to Santa Monica for Original Tommy's.

I might get some heat about this but Apple Pan by Westside Pavilion is overrated and too expensive. My fat ass needs to drop $20 there to get full.

ted naves
12-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Damn tasty...too bad about the trans fats.

I don't think that people on this forum mind those ! :lol:

luv4Tgirls
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
THE BEST BURGER ANYWHERE!!!! :D :D