PDA

View Full Version : TG guests on Oprah

Alyssa87
08-22-2008, 10:08 PM
...right now.

its a repeat from 07, but i just wanted to let you all know 8)

Fox
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks, I just saw a commercial for it, but was half paying attention.

Alyssa87
08-22-2008, 10:27 PM
shes being a bitch.

as if she just doesnt BUY IT

lahabra1976
08-22-2008, 10:30 PM
shes being a bitch.

as if she just doesnt BUY IT

Who is being a bitch? Oprah? And not buying into that she is a tg you meaN?

Alyssa87
08-22-2008, 10:39 PM
yes. well, being bitchY.

and she just seems to be skeptical about transgender feelings overall- almost disgusted.
as if shes questioning the validity of it all.
i didnt notice it until my mom pointed it out.

Fox
08-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I was afraid of that. One of the reasons I stopped watching her show is because of her propensity to, when she doesn't understand something, turn her nose up so to speak. Thankfully it doesn't happen all the time otherwise her opinion might become her audience's opinion (the people in her audience are always lemmings).

It doesn't come on for another hour and some change here though, so I'll wait and see.

lahabra1976
08-22-2008, 10:57 PM
yea that pretty much sounds like the typical Oprah, also the reason why I don't watch her much, not as open-minded as people make her it to be. Not sure if she just doesn't support tg or just afraid if she does, her audience will lose interest.

Luna555
08-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Oprah is a bitch. and honestly I dont get why she is that big of a deal. Why does it seem that stay at home moms always agree with her. It seems like they are all just robots or something. You can see the things they edit out of that episode on being t. Well I saw unseen footage on the old trailer.

hondarobot
08-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I've only seen about five minutes of an Oprah show, by accident (channel surfing). She was listening with phony concern to Paris Hilton explain the plight of American's in poverty:

Paris: "These people are so poor, they work horrible jobs all week for, like, $200."

Oprah feigns concern and frowns, or something.

Paris: "I mean, like, I can spend $200 on crab cakes at (some restaurant), and they have to eat ALL week off that money!"

Oprah: "Oh! I love those crab cakes!"

Dumb.

:roll:

lahabra1976
08-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I've only seen about five minutes of an Oprah show, by accident (channel surfing). She was listening with phony concern to Paris Hilton explain the plight of American's in poverty:

Paris: "These people are so poor, they work horrible jobs all week for, like, $200."

Oprah feigns concern and frowns, or something.

Paris: "I mean, like, I can spend $200 on crab cakes at (some restaurant), and they have to eat ALL week off that money!"

Oprah: "Oh! I love those crab cakes!"

Dumb.

:roll:

Christ!!! Now I see why stay at home moms love her show...lol

tsntx
08-23-2008, 12:44 AM
i dont think she didnt understand the philthe of TS/TG's

i think she didnt understand how a woman could say she wasnt even a lil mad or wanted to leave her husband a lil bit when he dropped the bomb on her wanting to be a TS

i dont either personally

i would have liked to see her talk to a girl in her 20's that had her shit together or w/e and see how she handled it w/ that girl.... bc i didnt feel she was disgusted by the TS.... i think she was disgusted at the wives own self worth *or lack of* to leave their husbands and live for themselves.... the same way the husbands were living for themselves by transitioning so late in the marriage

Fox
08-23-2008, 01:00 AM
i dont think she didnt understand the philthe of TS/TG's

i think she didnt understand how a woman could say she wasnt even a lil mad or wanted to leave her husband a lil bit when he dropped the bomb on her wanting to be a TS

i dont either personally

i would have liked to see her talk to a girl in her 20's that had her shit together or w/e and see how she handled it w/ that girl.... bc i didnt feel she was disgusted by the TS.... i think she was disgusted at the wives own self worth *or lack of* to leave their husbands and live for themselves.... the same way the husbands were living for themselves by transitioning so late in the marriage

The show just ended and I agree with your assessment, although the word "disgusted" might be stretching it a little. I don't know. I do believe her heart is in the right place and her shows does a lot of good, which I respect.

Solitary Brother
08-23-2008, 01:15 AM
yes. well, being bitchY.

and she just seems to be skeptical about transgender feelings overall- almost disgusted.
as if shes questioning the validity of it all.
i didnt notice it until my mom pointed it out.

I try to tell you girls that GG are only your friend when they dont feel threatened by your femininity and beauty and ability to attract men.
Once they feel threatened they arent your friend anymore.
Thats why I always have said transexual need their own movement...THEIR OWN.

macfan
08-23-2008, 01:23 AM
I try to tell you girls that GG are only your friend when they dont feel threatened by your femininity and beauty and ability to attract men.

You know you may have a very good point there, I remember a similar show that someone had the other day about Transsexual women and you should see the faces of the women in the audience, oh it was Dr. Phil, when the husband had transitioned and came on stage to talk about it, the faces of some women seemed almost like ewww, almost like how dare she think she is a woman.

I've heard quite a few stories of GG who Tgrils thought were their friends blowing their spot up because a guy might be interested in the tgirl instead of them. Once a Tgirl is all woman and can blow some of their asses out of the water then the gloves come off and the true nature is revealed.

hondarobot
08-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Well, this is a tricky subject if we're steering off into "late transitioning men" territory. I think everyone should be happy and do as they feel they should.

But. . .

Those 40+ old guys who suddenly start wearing a bunch of lace and putting on panties are just fuckin weird. Somebody had to say it. If you make it to your thirties and haven't realized your gender yet, stick with what ya got.

Alyssa87
08-23-2008, 01:32 AM

You know you may have a very good point there, I remember a similar show that someone had the other day about Transsexual women and you should see the faces of the women in the audience, oh it was Dr. Phil, when the husband had transitioned and came on stage to talk about it, the faces of some women seemed almost like ewww, almost like how dare she think she is a woman.

I've heard quite a few stories of GG who Tgrils thought were their friends blowing their spot up because a guy might be interested in the tgirl instead of them. Once a Tgirl is all woman and can blow some of their asses out of the water then the gloves come off and the true nature is revealed.

thank goodness all my gg friends are lesbians. lol

Whatisthedeal
08-23-2008, 07:01 AM
The show was extremely informative and positive. Shows like this are informative for those who don't understand. I commend those women for the courage and love. For those m2f on the show, as long as they were being truthful with themselves and with their partner things worked out for the best. That's all anybody can ask for. Good for them.

dc_guy_75
08-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Just watched it, and it was really good.

The only disappointment was that there were no "Maury, that's a man!"

The wife seemed really compassionate though, for me, it seemed that underlying commentary is that you need to be truthful in relationships.

macfan
08-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, this is a tricky subject if we're steering off into "late transitioning men" territory. I think everyone should be happy and do as they feel they should.

But. . .

Those 40+ old guys who suddenly start wearing a bunch of lace and putting on panties are just fuckin weird. Somebody had to say it. If you make it to your thirties and haven't realized your gender yet, stick with what ya got.

I hear what you are saying honda but many state it is something they have fought for a very long time, trying to compensate in other ways to try and not deal with it, ala getting married, joining the army, doing any and everything masculine they can do to give the perception of a man's man. All the while this essence of their being no longer can be suppressed. I don't know if someone should get married and have kids and all of that if aware of their GID, but I'm in no position to judge.

Solitary Brother
08-23-2008, 10:08 AM

All my points are good!
You all cant handle the truth.....