PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Thunder

Legend
08-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Just got done watching it and it is by far the best comedy of the summer,its even funnier then pineapple express.The action was one thing i did not expect coming from a stiller movie but it was there.One cameo was somewhat weird but i'm not going to spoil who that person was you are going to have to see it.Now let me say that robert downey jr. should win some kind of award for his performance, that guy is a freakin awesome actor.Overall a funny movie that you should see.

DirtySouth
08-22-2008, 03:14 AM
Downy Jr was the shit in that movie. Great job acting. I thought it was funny as hell too. Everyone did well.

I thought pineapple express was mediocre comedy. Not worth the hype.

Legend
08-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Downy Jr was the shit in that movie. Great job acting. I thought it was funny as hell too. Everyone did well.

I thought pineapple express was mediocre comedy. Not worth the hype.

Yup he was, it seems like he is getting his best roles now.

EyeCumInPiece
08-22-2008, 05:44 AM
It was pretty damn funny, but schindler's list is still my all time fav. comedy.

Bostonsub
08-22-2008, 06:35 AM
I saw it a few nights ago. Laughed my ass off. They all do very well in their roles but Downey Jr.... you forget its him. Tom Cruise was funny too.

BlackMath
08-22-2008, 08:55 AM
It was really great. Some of the jokes were a bit conceptual at times. Like the fact that it was still so action heavy, even though it was supposed to be critiquing that.

But overall, very enjoyable.

Happy to see that Tom Cruise can redeem himself, if only for a moment.

P.S. Did anyone else draw parallels between Ben Stillers 'Tug Speedman' character, and Tom Cruises real life career?

blckhaze
08-22-2008, 09:55 AM
white people + rap = priceless

good movie

CaptainGeech
04-14-2009, 01:11 AM
OK, so I'm about a year late to the party but I just watched a 1080p Bluray rip yesterday. I have always thought Robert Downey Jr. was one of the best actors out there but his performance in this was incredible. He was fucking awesome in this movie. Funniest movie I have seen in awhile. This thing should have cost more than Waterworld with the amazing cast and great visual effects. Its amazing when 92 million seems like a low number. Cast commentary was also interesting since Robert stayed in character for 99% of the time. Jennifer Love Hewitt showing off her cleavage in the end was also an added bonus.

tommymageeshemales2
04-14-2009, 01:28 AM
This film was awful.

Jack Black has never been funny.

Tom Cruise tries way too hard (whether the character is dripping with irony or not, it's still a typical "look I can be funny too" performance),

Downey Jnr - all I'll say is "what???". What an insult to the audiences intelligence. The longer the movie went on the worse his joke got.

The only moderately funny moment was the spoof trailers at the start of the movie. But even that was a very Stilleresque turn - alá the "fatty make a funny" clip at the end of Dodgeball (another hopelessly unfunny film - hmm, what a surprise Vince Vaughan was in it).

Coroner
04-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I watched it, too. It was an average movie but still ok. Robert Downey jr. and Ben Stiller were the only interesting characters while Jack Black, Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey competely sucked as usual.

raiku9909
04-14-2009, 02:10 AM
you guys are wrong. so wrong. that movie was awesome-town.