PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning advice

masque66
08-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm guessing in a board full of shemale enthusiasts this already has a thread somewhere so if someone could point it out please do so. However I've used the search function for five minutes without luck and decided to post here.

I'm looking for advice on how to go about transitioning. Is there a step-by-step pattern to follow? Should I just make my own way up? At the moment I don't have the money for medical/surgical procedures, so I'm also looking for anything I can do in the mean time.

Thank you.

SarahG
08-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I am not sure what you're looking for here. Why are you asking, are you trans? What is your present situation? Age? etc?

For edutainment purposes I attached a file I found on my hard drive that is somewhat, distantly relevant (can't for the life of me remember where I found it, says I dl'd it in 2004). I don't actually advise trying to do your own surgeries yourself, but it looks like a good filler for now.

Have you tried googling this stuff? There are tons of trans related informative sites out there.

masque66
08-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks I guess...

Did I do something wrong by asking that here?

SarahG
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks I guess...

Did I do something wrong by asking that here?

No, you just didn't give a lot to work with in knowing what you're looking for.

I'll respond with links if I knew what it was you want to know, and why you want to know it.

Edit- my reason for asking is because there is so much that could be said under the umbrella of "transition advice." I really don't know if you're looking to know just where to get hrt w/out slips, or if you need to know how to use makeup, or endless other presentation things. I don't even know if you know what to expect from things like hrt etc.

masque66
08-19-2008, 08:16 PM
OH, ok. Sorry, I know you meant it to be funny but at first glance I thought it was hostile.

I want to change from male to female. I've looked on some sites, but most of what I find via search engines are legal advice or websites trying to sell me something. So I figured I'd try here where I might be able to find some first-person advice. Yes, I consider myself to be trans. I have been for a while but without the prospect of going through with it. I'm 27, somewhat overweight (working on it), and an RN student. I expect to graduate within a year. Until then I'm living with family members so I can save money instead of paying rent. None of my family members know about this. At the moment I don't have the money for HRT or surgery. I do plan to go that route in due time, but for now I'm looking for anything I can do to prepare for it. At the moment I'm hitting aerobics machines at the gym in an effort to slim down and watching what I eat. But that's just basic health.

SarahG
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Well if you're trying to lose weight that does somewhat complicate things.

It is much harder to lose weight on HRT than before hand, T lends itself to weight loss far better.

But at the same time, how you exercise is important, because you don't want to be bulking up.

HRT is going to work better anyway if all of your fat distribution is put on while on HRT vrs being left over from before, but it varies so much from person to person that it really is hard to say what you should expect there. People say that girls typically end up with a cup smaller than their mom's, but that seems to be a myth IMO.

I would put off going around telling people, IMO doing that real early is just a recipe for unneeded drama.

What you can do, is start electrolysis on your face, or laser IF your face can handle it- since that can take years to finish, I know postops who are fully transistioned who still haven't finished with electro. If it weren't for the weight lose part (how much are we talking?) I'd say go immediately onto tblockers.

the_corner
08-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm guessing in a board full of shemale enthusiasts this already has a thread somewhere so if someone could point it out please do so. However I've used the search function for five minutes without luck and decided to post here.

I'm looking for advice on how to go about transitioning. Is there a step-by-step pattern to follow? Should I just make my own way up? At the moment I don't have the money for medical/surgical procedures, so I'm also looking for anything I can do in the mean time.

Thank you.

http://tsroadmap.com/

menacingmethods86
08-19-2008, 11:43 PM
OH, ok. Sorry, I know you meant it to be funny but at first glance I thought it was hostile.

I want to change from male to female. I've looked on some sites, but most of what I find via search engines are legal advice or websites trying to sell me something. So I figured I'd try here where I might be able to find some first-person advice. Yes, I consider myself to be trans. I have been for a while but without the prospect of going through with it. I'm 27, somewhat overweight (working on it), and an RN student. I expect to graduate within a year. Until then I'm living with family members so I can save money instead of paying rent. None of my family members know about this. At the moment I don't have the money for HRT or surgery. I do plan to go that route in due time, but for now I'm looking for anything I can do to prepare for it. At the moment I'm hitting aerobics machines at the gym in an effort to slim down and watching what I eat. But that's just basic health.

i think you need to begin hormones before 18 or else you really won't pass

TrueBeauty TS
08-20-2008, 12:17 AM

:roll:

Legend
08-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Is there a step-by-step pattern to follow?

Lol, you talk as if its a 12 step program for quitting smoking or something.

SarahG
08-20-2008, 12:44 AM

Uh... No.

I know a lot of people who transitioned in their 20s who pass fine after FFS. BUT you are right, starting before 18 makes a huge difference in what the girl will look like in the end (when compared to even just a few years later), and I am sure that you could say the same further for someone who passed before puberty.

Two years can mean a huge difference if it means transitioning at 16 instead of 18, 20 instead of 22, etc. Then there are some people who, due to bad luck, need FFS to pass even if they transition at 15.

But there is so much more to passing than appearances, there are girls who will pass fine in pictures who never will in public because of stuff like their voice, mannerisms, etc. Pictures can also be misleading because you never know just how many pictures a girl deleted before finding the best of the lot so to speak. The most accurate pictures, IMO, in expressing passing potential are ones taken by others impulsively or where the girl isn't the subject of the picture. Like if a trans girl is in a group of people, like at a wedding- does she pass in the crowd? If the girl is grocery store next to a display, and someone takes a picture of that display will she pass then?

I also suspect that some girls who don't pass in pictures could pass better IRL if they're mannerisms, voice, personality pass well enough to be convincing.

I have mentioned in the past that there is a 3 to 1 ratio rule. For every male characteristic you need 3 to counter it to pass, and that is assuming there are no dead give aways (like a really masculine voice, beard, stuff like that). So something individually, like a bad hairline, or big hands, or abnormally tall height aren't that bad, IF there are few things like that for people to subliminally observe.... especially if it is balanced by ample female characteristics (and yes this does play into stereotypes, body curves, makeup, female specific clothing all comes into play here).

This is why you can find GGs who, undeniably pass, but have one or two male characteristics like a masculine face, or a high forehead, or a tall build. Even facial hair and baldness in post menopausal women does not necessarily doom GGs to be read as trans. But if there are a lot of these "flaws" then you bet it will be an issue for them, just as it can be for us.

I see a lot of, especially middle aged, transistioners justifying their flaws by saying "there are GGs who are bald, GGs with small/no tits, GGs with beer bellies, etc" and go down this long list of male characteristics. But how many GGs have all of those characteristics, and of those that have that many how many still pass as GG's? : silence : Not many. A middle aged transitioner on the other hand, is likely to have most of the problems mentioned in that list, and their passing potential has everything to do with how possible it is for them to tackle each one individually (hairlines can be fixed, brows can be shaped, implants can improve whatever hrt doesn't)... BUT not everything can be tackled like this (feet and hands for instance), and even FFS has many drastic limitations depending on what the patient has already to work with.

Someone who passes fine after FFS probably won't if they lose all their hair to chemo, that surgery only modifies what is on your skull from the hairline to your chin. Everything typically hidden by your hair can effect passing once that hair is gone.

To really bring this issue home see this graphic (attached). Note the "bumps" in the skull that go from point "B" to point "A". These ridges can be ground away, but I've only ever heard of FFS surgeons grinding off the portion shown under the hairline. FFS does usually take care of the brow abnormalities (point "F") and usually can be fairly decent at the jawline (Point "D") and the nose (not shown as its mostly soft tissue).

So even after FFS, a girl risks not passing if her hair is exceedingly short OR gets lost to say, Kuwait law enforcement, chemotherapy, and authority figures. But if a girl starts before puberty, these abnormalities will never occur without the "T" to trigger it (and a FtM WILL acquire these skull variations from long term T use).

peggygee
08-20-2008, 04:00 AM

Uh... No.

I know a lot of people who transitioned in their 20s who pass fine after FFS. BUT you are right, starting before 18 makes a huge difference in what the girl will look like in the end (when compared to even just a few years later), and I am sure that you could say the same further for someone who passed before puberty.

Two years can mean a huge difference if it means transitioning at 16 instead of 18, 20 instead of 22, etc. Then there are some people who, due to bad luck, need FFS to pass even if they transition at 15.

But there is so much more to passing than appearances, there are girls who will pass fine in pictures who never will in public because of stuff like their voice, mannerisms, etc. Pictures can also be misleading because you never know just how many pictures a girl deleted before finding the best of the lot so to speak. The most accurate pictures, IMO, in expressing passing potential are ones taken by others impulsively or where the girl isn't the subject of the picture. Like if a trans girl is in a group of people, like at a wedding- does she pass in the crowd? If the girl is grocery store next to a display, and someone takes a picture of that display will she pass then?

I also suspect that some girls who don't pass in pictures could pass better IRL if they're mannerisms, voice, personality pass well enough to be convincing.

I have mentioned in the past that there is a 3 to 1 ratio rule. For every male characteristic you need 3 to counter it to pass, and that is assuming there are no dead give aways (like a really masculine voice, beard, stuff like that). So something individually, like a bad hairline, or big hands, or abnormally tall height aren't that bad, IF there are few things like that for people to subliminally observe.... especially if it is balanced by ample female characteristics (and yes this does play into stereotypes, body curves, makeup, female specific clothing all comes into play here)......

Sarah, another set of excellent points you have made in this thread. :wink:

Minutemouse9
08-20-2008, 04:04 AM
For edutainment purposes I attached a file I found on my hard drive that is somewhat, distantly relevant (can't for the life of me remember where I found it, says I dl'd it in 2004).

http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/how_to_castrate_yourself_981.jpg

Perfect for those who like do-it themselves. Also good for theose without health insurance.

LMAO

Schimmel
10-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Just ask Sunshyne Monro, she's an expert on the matter even though she is featured in the cd, tv, sissy thread.

tsparisangelline
10-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Seriously go check the "tranny tip" thread by sunshynemonroe

And go to this site

http://www.tsroadmap.com

SunshyneMonroe
10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Just ask Sunshyne Monro, she's an expert on the matter even though she is featured in the cd, tv, sissy thread.

cd PLZZZ i love my haters

BellaBellucci
10-06-2010, 11:30 PM

Vote to ban. :geek:

~BB~

Schimmel
10-06-2010, 11:40 PM
cd PLZZZ i love my haters
I'm not really a hater, I'm more of a laugher. Please continue robocop.

Evil Jay
10-07-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm not really a hater, I'm more of a laugher. Please continue robocop.

This dude is funny,but you stole my Robocop reference,lol.:geek:

lisaparadise
10-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Lol, you talk as if its a 12 step program for quitting smoking or something.hell im still trying to find some fishing line lol

Schimmel
10-07-2010, 12:38 AM
This dude is funny,but you stole my Robocop reference,lol.:geek:
That's exactly where I got it from haha. Hey if it's on point then I'm gonna use it! I only use real material Jay and that shits real.

Evil Jay
10-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Theres more where that came from,lol.

renoned
10-07-2010, 02:45 AM
hell im still trying to find some fishing line lol

Hey leave those avocados alone pretty lady.
:)

lisaparadise
10-07-2010, 03:02 AM
Hey leave those avocados alone pretty lady.
:)ya gotta admit im pretty funny lol

bat1
10-07-2010, 03:48 AM
ask your self WHY?

WHY do you want too?

it's not all fun ....plus you got many haters out there..

once you grow boobs they don't come off very easy..

many do the part time thing..dress up on the weekends...it's fun less problems

Paige
10-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Also, you ought to be aware of what it's going to cost, esp. in the "post-crash" world, or whatever it is we're living in. Laser, for one thing, is horribly expensive (to me anyway). And from all I hear, the economy is still extremely shaky-you have to decide how much you can afford to spend. And what happens if the economy comes crashing down in the middle of your transition? I have cut way down on spending until i see what's gonna happen next.