PDA

View Full Version : The New Laura Croft: Alison Carroll Yay or Nay?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-18-2008, 09:02 AM
British gymnast is new Tomb Raider

By Mike Smith

Move over, Angelina Jolie. There's a new Lara Croft in town, and she's a 23-year-old gymnast from South London, Tomb Raider publisher Eidos announced this week.

Ever since actress Rhonda Mitra first took on the role of Tomb Raider heroine Lara Croft in 1997, Eidos has sought real-life counterparts for its acrobatic archaeologist heroine, and they've helped propel the video game series to worldwide sales topping 32 million. Up until now the British publisher's picks have tended to be models or, like Jolie, movie stars, but Alison Carroll might just be the first Croft to have the physical abilities to do her famously acrobatic opposite number justice.

Carroll boasts 12 years of gymnastics training and numerous honors representing Great Britain in sporting displays. Although her Lara role won't involve any movie work, she'll still be kept sufficiently busy traveling the world promoting the latest Tomb Raider game, Underworld, to allow her to quit her day job -- as a receptionist.

"It's unbelievable how realistic [Lara's] movements are in Tomb Raider: Underworld and it's so gratifying to be able to use my years of gymnastic training to portray such a beloved character," Carroll said in a press release.

Although Carroll's more than able to match Croft kick for kick, she's still undergoing a training regime that includes weapons classes in Eastern Europe, survival technique instruction from British SAS troops, and -- naturally -- a crash course in archeology.

SOURCE: http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/british-gymnast-is-new-tomb-raider/1236791

CAN SHE FILL IN ANGELINA JOLIE'S SHOES?

Alison Carroll[/b
http://l.yimg.com/jh/content/p/6/1236913/screen001.jpg

[b]Angelina Jolie:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9061/angelinajolie065lux5.jpg

~Kisses.

HTG

Legend
08-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I thought she was going to start doing the official movies but she is only doing the game mascot thing,so she probably can filled in the shoes of those past mascot girls.

Falrune
08-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, unfortunately I voted before reading the entire article. Inasmuch as I doubt Angelina would want that job, I wish I can recast my vote in favor of the gymnast. :oops:

JohnDoe82
08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Lara Croft was never portrayed by Angeline Jolie in the video game series.
Alison Carroll is taking over from Karima Adebibe.

ted naves
08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
She is a much better candiate for Lara. Easily...........

Lookin' forward to it

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Hmm, I dunno..she looks pretty and as busty as Angelina. BUT.. I think she looks to delicate to do those stunts as Laura Croft for some reason.

Could be wrong though..

~Kisses.

HTG

uktlover
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Shes a hottie, would love to see some photoshops of her with a cock, or even better if she secretly revealed being a t girl :p