PDA

View Full Version : They found Bigfoot!

NYCe
08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't believe this story for a minute

Georgians say they have proof of Bigfoot

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/14/bigfoot.body/index.html

(CNN) -- A policeman and a former corrections officer say that on Friday, they will unveil evidence of what they claim is their biggest capture ever: the body of Bigfoot.
The thawed body of a creature reputed to be Bigfoot reportedly weighs more than 500 pounds.

The thawed body of a creature reputed to be Bigfoot reportedly weighs more than 500 pounds.

Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, a pair of Bigfoot-hunting hobbyists from north Georgia, say they found the creature's body in a wooded area and spotted several similar creatures that were still alive.

The carcass of the furry half-man, half-ape is 7 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs more than 500 pounds, they say. However, the two are not disclosing the exact location of their discovery in order to protect the remaining creatures.

Tom Nelson, chairman of the biology department at North Georgia College and State University in Dahlonega, said he's "pretty skeptical" the world will feast its eyes on a new species Friday.

"That would certainly rock mammalogy," joked Nelson, who specializes in the study of mammals. "I see a research grant in my future."

Whitton and Dyer plan to unveil what they say is DNA and photo evidence of the discovery in Palo Alto, California, in conjunction with a group called Searching for Bigfoot Inc.

A photograph on that group's Web site shows what appears to be the body of a large, hairy creature with an ape-like face, stuffed into a large freezer.

According to a written release, the two announced the discovery on an Internet radio show, "Squatch Detective," several weeks ago.

"The only person we would allow to come down and verify the body was 'the Real Bigfoot Hunter,' Tom Biscardi," Dyer said, referring to Searching for Bigfoot's CEO, who has been looking for the elusive, legendary creature in the United States and Canada since 1971.

Whitton is a Georgia police officer who is on administrative leave after being shot in the wrist during a pursuit. Dyer is a former prison guard.

DNA tests on the body have begun, said the statement, and "extensive scientific studies" will be done on the body by scientists, including a molecular biologist, an anthropologist and a paleontologist.

Nelson, the university professor, acknowledged that new species of animals have been discovered in recent decades and that, in science, "we always acknowledge the possibility of something new."

But he said that even in north Georgia, home to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the foot of the Appalachian Trail, it stretches the imagination to think a family of 7-foot-tall creatures could have eluded hunters, hikers and creeping development until now.

"To the average person, these places just seem like extreme wilderness where you'll find lions and tigers and bears," he said. "The reality is that you're never more than a mile from a road."

The group says the animal is male, has reddish hair and "blackish-gray" eyes and human-like feet, hands and teeth.

Castor_Troy05
08-15-2008, 02:13 PM
You're right not to believe it

http://www.bfro.net/hoax.asp

the_bo
08-15-2008, 06:40 PM
If thats not real then what is? Next your gonna say Nessie isnt real either or that Area 51 isnt a ufo landing base.. I am telling Art Bell and George Noory on you!!!! :P

ottorocket
08-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Ted Nugent killed Bigfoot and bbq'd him up years ago.

Legend
08-15-2008, 09:16 PM
lol why did they kill it.Wouldn't you think capturing it and studying it alive would be better.I hope peta goes after them.

dan_drade
08-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Pfffffft. thats a joke.

Tanuki
08-15-2008, 09:33 PM
the really sad part is that the guys who started this.. admit its fake at least 3 times. hilarious that it wont die already.
ITS A COSTUME>obviously.

hondarobot
08-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Good grief. I do like the idea of two "Big Foot hunting enthusiasts" finally finding a body, the Holy Grain of their pursuit, and then shoving it into what appears to be a gigantic beer cooler.

"Well, we finally found one. Let's finish off these Budweisers, haul him to a lab or something, and do some of that DNA testing type stuff. Next destination: Scotland".

vietboy
08-16-2008, 01:49 AM
I don't believe this story for a minute

Believe it.

Bigfoot exists.

Right here on HA forum. This place is full of them. They post pictures of themselves all the time. All have big feet and many are tall and muscular and even excessively hairy.

Surely you've never seen a scary photo of one!

lupinIII
08-16-2008, 07:27 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093148/
Harry! Noooooo!

Wino the SuperHero
08-16-2008, 07:30 AM
they should have a huge Bigfoot Cookout.
Bigfoot Burgers, Bigfoot Chili and deep fried Bigfoot and Fries.

Solitary Brother
08-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Yeah they found big foot alright.......and shes a tranny!
And I am through!

bulldog
08-16-2008, 09:14 AM
DNA confirmed, opposum.............some bigfoot

Lick UR Lovely
08-17-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm pretty sure Ted Nugent killed Bigfoot and bbq'd him up years ago.

ROFLMAO! :D :D :D :D :D

Bigguy
08-19-2008, 08:57 PM
They finally thawed out the block of ice that it was in and it turned out to be a bigfoot costume. LOL http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/

trish
08-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Of course we all expect[ed] the whole thing [was] a hoax. When the "proof" fails to pan out, the story will be dropped until the next claim. But let's suppose for a moment that a new primate has in fact been found. Why is it Bigfoot? Claiming you found Bigfoot is kind of like claiming you found the likeness of the Virgin Mary, Jesus Christ or Mohammad in a grease spot. No one knows what the Virgin, the Christ or the Prophet looked liked, so how does one assess their likeness to a grease spot? Finding a hitherto unknown primate, however closely related to humans, in North America does nothing, by itself, to substantiate the pre-Columbian Bigfoot myth: that would require some way of linking the creature of myth to the newly discovered population of primates. If only the ancients had told us Bigfoot's shoe size.

Realgirls4me
08-19-2008, 10:36 PM
... What they found was a hideous shag carpet I threw out years ago. The DNA findings will bear it out.

trish
08-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Aren't "shags" on the endangered list? :)

Realgirls4me
08-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Aren't "shags" on the endangered list? :)

Not really. I've seen some morphed into hair styles. :lol: