PDA

View Full Version : Tyra Banks Casts a Tranny in New America's Next Top Model!

bored21
08-13-2008, 06:57 PM
http://jacquesmorel.blogspot.com/2008/08/stumbled-on-hmmdamnit-tyra-you-are.html
WOWW.

thats a big deal!!

timxxx
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Here's another link
http://www.usmagazine.com/transgender-contestant-to-compete-on-antm

ANIYAH
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Its so good to see soo many women of color making ground breaking accomplishments...really brings a tear to my eye of joy

AllanahStarrNYC
08-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Marvelous!!!!!

hwbs
08-13-2008, 07:56 PM
this girl Angelika that i went on a date with was also on an episode of Americas next top model ( i believe 2nd episode of the current season )...she wasn't a contestant but was in a photo shoot with the contestants...they also didn't out her as a tranny... her cast was real impressed with her abilities... i know they interviewed her for possibly being in next season but i believe it is a different girl in the link...

JANIRA
08-13-2008, 08:00 PM
ABOUT TIME!!!!!! HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDINGLY TO THE COMPETITION AND NOT T BECAUSE OF HER GENDER. SHE HAS THE LOOK!!!! CAN'T WAIT.

Dinand
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
If she's as hot as Jennifer Justice than she will blow them away!

backspace
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Is she pre-op?

hwbs
08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Is she pre-op?

come on...does that really matter ??? :roll:

Barnabis78
08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
That's great, I hope she gets a fair shake.

bored21
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
i think shes is post op

macfan
08-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Is she pre-op?

come on...does that really matter ??? :roll:

Wouldn't be hungangel without this question being asked by someone.

macfan
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
ABOUT TIME!!!!!! HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDINGLY TO THE COMPETITION AND NOT T BECAUSE OF HER GENDER. SHE HAS THE LOOK!!!! CAN'T WAIT.

I feel you on that definitely, I would hate for it to degenerate into anything other than a competition about the most talented woman for the competition.

I wish her good luck with a room full of women,some who you know will be hatin and jealous if she is better than them in the competition. I'll watch to see how she does, I hadn't watched the show in a couple of seasons.

Legend
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I think she should talk to claudia from the janice dickinson show.

bored21
08-13-2008, 09:07 PM
whose that

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
This has been done before via Janice Dickenson? So whatelse is new? I wouldn't exactly call this 'groundbreaking'. Beg steal and borrow..seems to be the motto of every reality show! lol

~Kisses.

HTG

Nikka
08-14-2008, 12:14 AM
can I be the next america's top model?

slinky
08-14-2008, 12:33 AM

If they are making a big deal about her being transgendered, is that what's really going on? Isn't it sort of like the companies who proudly display their minority employees to say "see we hire their kind"?

bored21
08-14-2008, 12:34 AM
^^true..P Diddy has a trangendered too

slinky
08-14-2008, 12:36 AM
can I be the next america's top model?

I thought you already were

(where's that kiss-ass emoticon? I think the old ASCII one was (_k_) )

MrsKellyPierce
08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
awe cute!

spunkybrewster007
08-14-2008, 01:10 AM
hotter than JJ(tsntx), doubt it.lol

peggygee
08-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Its so good to see soo many women of color making ground breaking accomplishments...really brings a tear to my eye of joy

Co-sign.

Tanuki
08-14-2008, 03:19 AM
would be great to see tyra getting it from a tgirl.. I bet she would like it.

Alyssa87
08-14-2008, 05:50 AM
holy ish!
this is huge.

tho, claudia eats her..wutevs.

does she have a myspace? or have more pics somewhere?

NYCe
08-14-2008, 05:53 AM
They shouldn't have revealed this so early.

AsiaMei
08-14-2008, 06:04 AM
holy ish!
this is huge.

shes from the house of tsunami, its cute for her tho.

ANIYAH
08-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Why does everyone keep comparing this to claudia ? Claudia yes was on the janice dickerson show ..and i do applaud her but the janice dickerson show only showed on cable ..Also last episode i saw with claudia ..Janice was making a Mockery of her ..and umm where is claudia now ? hmmmm ...Im hoping tyra doesnt do this ...Americas next top model will is shown on a Local Channel for everyone to see ..Yes this is quite and accomplishment ..and again Groundbreaking

Alyssa87
08-14-2008, 06:28 AM
i only compared the two because theyre both groundbreakers in the world of modeling & tv.

i guess Tsunami will be seen as a bit more bigtime in the longrun tho 8)

Legend
08-14-2008, 06:30 AM
What, I do not get it everyone here knows this is a stunt for a reality show that has been irrelevant for a couple of years now.They are going to use her and spit her back out like they did claudia.Seriously though they embarrassed claudia by firing her on TV and to add injury to insult they told her that their clients did not want a transsexual model.I'm just saying you girls should have higher expectations then this anyway its nothing but a mere reality show.We need girls on major tv shows like battlestar galactica and lost now that is when i will get pumped up but not for something like this.I know her fate.

Alyssa87
08-14-2008, 06:33 AM
We need girls on major tv shows like battlestar galactica and lost now that is when i will get pumped up but not for something like this.I know her fate.

LOST is coming up on its last season. If it wasnt, i'd be on the casting couch for sure.lol

toolegitforu
08-14-2008, 06:46 AM
What, I do not get it everyone here knows this is a stunt for a reality show that has been irrelevant for a couple of years now.They are going to use her and spit her back out like they did claudia.Seriously though they embarrassed claudia by firing her on TV and to add injury to insult they told her that their clients did not want a transsexual model.I'm just saying you girls should have higher expectations then this anyway its nothing but a mere reality show.We need girls on major tv shows like battlestar galactica and lost now that is when i will get pumped up but not for something like this.I know her fate.YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING. This business is a circus, but if that were to ever happen, I'd turn in all of my industry credentials and walk the fuck away. Models are as big a joke as trannie's that think they're actors. Both are pretty absurd and continue to make a mockery of a once admirable profession. But the majority of the general public are morons that will watch anything and think its good. And in the end its always about ratings, no matter how you can get them. Grounbreaking? Please, its train wreck effect tv to cash in on ratings. Now we'll see if freedom of speech exsist here.

ANIYAH
08-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Can we at least just hope for the best :shrug

bored21
08-14-2008, 07:17 AM
yea lol everyone is pissed

tsntx
08-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Why does everyone keep comparing this to claudia ? Claudia yes was on the janice dickerson show ..and i do applaud her but the janice dickerson show only showed on cable ..Also last episode i saw with claudia ..Janice was making a Mockery of her ..and umm where is claudia now ? hmmmm ...Im hoping tyra doesnt do this ...Americas next top model will is shown on a Local Channel for everyone to see ..Yes this is quite and accomplishment ..and again Groundbreaking

LIKE THATS A BAD THING??? omg u girls are sooo hateful...

the bitch made it on a MAINSTREAM show .... that STARTED from an appearance on the tyra show... geez... yes janice talked mad shit about her ... BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO W/ THE LEGITNESS OF WHAT CLAUDIA WAS DOING THERE...

this is just like ppl who give me shit bc my show is online in the US still.... its not like its shot out of my room and put on my personal youtube account.. *it was picked up by a station in the UK and in Canada as well to run on their actual tv brodcasts* ... but its STILL legit and STILL better then whatever, whoever talking shit has

point is... claudia helped paved the way for others.... smh @ "only on cable" ... cable is something people w/ money have

Legend
08-14-2008, 07:20 AM
We need girls on major tv shows like battlestar galactica and lost now that is when i will get pumped up but not for something like this.I know her fate.

LOST is coming up on its last season. If it wasnt, i'd be on the casting couch for sure.lol

You still might have a shot i heard they are in talks for a lost spin off show.

Alyssa87
08-14-2008, 07:22 AM

You still might have a shot i heard they are in talks for a lost spin off show.

niiiiiiice 8)

Legend
08-14-2008, 07:25 AM
What, I do not get it everyone here knows this is a stunt for a reality show that has been irrelevant for a couple of years now.They are going to use her and spit her back out like they did claudia.Seriously though they embarrassed claudia by firing her on TV and to add injury to insult they told her that their clients did not want a transsexual model.I'm just saying you girls should have higher expectations then this anyway its nothing but a mere reality show.We need girls on major tv shows like battlestar galactica and lost now that is when i will get pumped up but not for something like this.I know her fate.YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING. This business is a circus, but if that were to ever happen, I'd turn in all of my industry credentials and walk the fuck away. Models are as big a joke as trannie's that think they're actors. Both are pretty absurd and continue to make a mockery of a once admirable profession. But the majority of the general public are morons that will watch anything and think its good. And in the end its always about ratings, no matter how you can get them. Grounbreaking? Please, its train wreck effect tv to cash in on ratings. Now we'll see if freedom of speech exsist here.

I'm really not talking about any guest appearances i'm talking about a full role from a girl who can act not a premadonna who thinks she is all that and a bag of chips,someone who takes their art seriously.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-14-2008, 07:31 AM
I've to agree with Jen. Plus how is it groundbreaking if someone has done it a long time ago? Tula aka Caroline Cossey has made it as a Bond girl in FILM (which is a bigger industry than television) in 1981. And if we want to be technical about it, It was Christine Jorgensen who was the first transexual to be on TV - The Dick Cavett Show (back in the 50's) if I'm not mistaken .

Ru-Paul had her/his own talk show on television way back. India's Rose now also has her own talk show in her own country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dxckZwPkE

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/02/15/asia/letter.php

~Kisses.

HTG

ANIYAH
08-14-2008, 07:35 AM

LIKE THATS A BAD THING??? omg u girls are sooo hateful...

the bitch made it on a MAINSTREAM show .... that STARTED from an appearance on the tyra show... geez... yes janice talked mad shit about her ... BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO W/ THE LEGITNESS OF WHAT CLAUDIA WAS DOING THERE...

this is just like ppl who give me shit bc my show is online in the US still.... its not like its shot out of my room and put on my personal youtube account.. *it was picked up by a station in the UK and in Canada as well to run on their actual tv brodcasts* ... but its STILL legit and STILL better then whatever, whoever talking shit has

point is... claudia helped paved the way for others.... smh @ "only on cable" ... cable is something people w/ money have

I think you took this just a little tooo personal ....sheesh :roll:I DONT HATE ANYONE and yes i applauded Claudia for her a accomplishments ...?But there have been many transsexuals and drag queens who have been on cable television ...But never have you seen Trannys on local television ...at least not to my knowledge ....and local televisions also gets WAYYYYY more Viewers being that its local and you dont have to have money to get it ...Im just really happy for her .....and pray she shown in a positive light

Legend
08-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Television is television local or cable, just because the person isn't on local doesn' t mean you should discredit the other personand what they have accomplished.They are respresenting,would you discredit the war if was only shown on cable.

Alyssa87
08-14-2008, 07:54 AM
would you discredit the war if was only shown on cable.

that explains America's concern about the genocide in Darfur.

ANIYAH
08-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Television is television local or cable, just because the person isn't on local doesn' t mean you should discredit the other personand what they have accomplished.They are respresenting,would you discredit the war if was only shown on cable.

I never discredited claudia again i applauded her on her accomplishments...But in my opinion i dont think "she slays " Isis ..(as another poster said )..I think there accomplishments are uncomparable ...

Nowhere
08-14-2008, 08:02 AM
As I always say, all I'm going to do is cross my fingers that she's not exploited.

The more exposure the better, provided it's in a positive light.

For everything I've seen, Tyra DOES respect tgirls, so let's just hope she keeps on doing it.

People, realize that every single time tgirls and tguys are shown as simply being HUMAN and "like everyone else" to millions of people is a step towards tolerance and giving them the right to live their lives with the same rights as the rest of the people in this country.

Right or wrong, the presence of one woman on a TV screen for a few months in a row makes a million times more difference than a protest with 100 people which will be a blip on the news to most people, so don't knock it.

Legend
08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
would you discredit the war if was only shown on cable.

that explains America's concern about the genocide in Darfur.

Lol.

Legend
08-14-2008, 08:05 AM

I never discredited claudia again i applauded her on her accomplishments...But in my opinion i dont think "she slays " Isis ..(as another poster said )..I think there accomplishments are uncomparable ....And i saw a broadcast about the war on the news today on channel 5 :roll: lol ..sad wats going on in jordan

Contradictions left and right.

tsntx
08-14-2008, 08:11 AM
I've to agree with Jen. Plus how is it groundbreaking if someone has done it a long time ago? Tula aka Caroline Cossey has made it as a Bond girl in FILM (which is a bigger industry than television) in 1981. And if we want to be technical about it, It was Christine Jorgensen who was the first transexual to be on TV - The Dick Cavett Show (back in the 50's) if I'm not mistaken .

Ru-Paul had her/his own talk show on television way back. India's Rose now also has her own talk show in her own country:

~Kisses.

HTG

i agree w/ the 2nd part you posted ... but the 1rst?

no way in hell does ANYTHING tula did "pave the way" for trannies... she had a non-speaking extra part.... for that kinda role the viewing public didnt and wouldnt know her "t" .... as far as the ppl that hired her... they knew

ANIYAH
08-14-2008, 08:13 AM
And lemme ask again where is Claudia Now ...Anyone know ?Is she still Modeling?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-14-2008, 08:15 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

i agree w/ the 2nd part you posted ... but the 1rst?

no way in hell does ANYTHING tula did "pave the way" for trannies... she had a non-speaking extra part.... for that kinda role the viewing public didnt and wouldnt know her "t" .... as far as the ppl that hired her... they knew

lol Well you're right. She didn't have any "speaking" part. Though you've got to admit that when the bomb dropped and everyone knew she was once a man..SHE has "inspired" trannies all around the globe to dream of one day making it on film and telly. I mean, just go look at how many trannies try to have their 5 minutes of fame at such shows as Jenny Jones, Maury, Sally Jessy Raphael show, Springer etc. which by the way are all scripted. Everyone just wants to be a STAR! lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

dan_drade
08-14-2008, 09:08 AM
http://jacquesmorel.blogspot.com/2008/08/stumbled-on-hmmdamnit-tyra-you-are.html
WOWW.

thats a big deal!!

Well now that just sucks. Now every time my girlfriend watches, she will probably make me cover my eyes. LOL

slinky
08-14-2008, 09:22 AM
As I always say, all I'm going to do is cross my fingers that she's not exploited.

People (transgendered or not) go on these show specifically to be exploited, so I don't know what hope there is. And as I eluded to earlier, if she weren't being exploited, they wouldn't have even said anything. I mean, would introduce someone as "Hi! Meet my black friend Dave"?

slinky
08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
i only compared the two because theyre both groundbreakers in the world of modeling & tv.

ironic?

BlackMath
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
It's pretty simple.

Next Top Model is a globally recognised brand. Although it has been franchised, the American version is still distributed globally. Where as JD's Modelling Agency was on a much smaller scale.

Tyra is also trying to carve out a niche as the 'alternative Oprah' or something similarly inconceivable. So my assumption would be that she will take a 'caring' 'accepting' and 'nuturing' role. The other judges might not, but she should.
I can also foresee some episode where Tyra yells at the other contestants for not accepting her; because they always love to include a couple of those episodes where Tyra goes nuts.

BlackMath
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
would be great to see tyra getting it from a tgirl.. I bet she would like it.

P.S. What an intelligent and insightful addition to this conversation.

bored21
08-14-2008, 03:20 PM
It's pretty simple.

Next Top Model is a globally recognised brand. Although it has been franchised, the American version is still distributed globally. Where as JD's Modelling Agency was on a much smaller scale.

Tyra is also trying to carve out a niche as the 'alternative Oprah' or something similarly inconceivable. So my assumption would be that she will take a 'caring' 'accepting' and 'nuturing' role. The other judges might not, but she should.
I can also foresee some episode where Tyra yells at the other contestants for not accepting her; because they always love to include a couple of those episodes where Tyra goes nuts.

her show sucks to oprah

toolegitforu
08-14-2008, 03:58 PM

I'm really not talking about any guest appearances i'm talking about a full role from a girl who can act not a premadonna who thinks she is all that and a bag of chips,someone who takes their art seriously.I know thats what you meant, and that why I said what I had to say. You're not gonna find a trannie(especially a young one) that is willing to immerse themselves in the craft. Train as an actor for several years. Do off bway and regional theatre along with indie films while they're waiting for a break. THATS WHAT YOU CALL A LEVEL OF SERIOUSNESS. So no, at the standards and the level that I work on, there will never be a trannie. Regardless of what this joke of an industry does or what show they put them on. Their work will never meet what I call a level of seriousness.

BrendaQG
08-14-2008, 06:03 PM
@Toolegit.

I hear what you are saying there. But I think you have it backwards. It's not that transsexuals are unwilling to immerse themselves in the craft of acting in the way that you said and work their way up. It is that a transsexual will likely not get the chance. There is a world of discrimination out there where people will acknowledge your excellence but still not give us a break basically because we are transsexuals.
_________

I would also like to second and third and fourth what has been said about this not being groundbreaking or new. Many many MTF transsexuals have been on TV in various ways. All that will happen to this new girl is what happened to Claudia, and others before her. The machine will use her for a ratings bonanza and the spit her out once ANTM has a higher profile.

I would like to hope for the best but I am a realist. I will just hope that she is able to parlay this exposure into some form of success in the rest of life.

Legend
08-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I know thats what you meant, and that why I said what I had to say. You're not gonna find a trannie(especially a young one) that is willing to immerse themselves in the craft. Train as an actor for several years. Do off bway and regional theatre along with indie films while they're waiting for a break. THATS WHAT YOU CALL A LEVEL OF SERIOUSNESS. So no, at the standards and the level that I work on, there will never be a trannie. Regardless of what this joke of an industry does or what show they put them on. Their work will never meet what I call a level of seriousness.

I wouldn't say never and i'm sure they are girls like jenninfer or alyssa or any girl here would kill to be a dedicated actor if they had the chance.Jen has her own show so she is a little ways there.

bored21
08-15-2008, 03:55 AM
im excited

iloveall
08-15-2008, 06:22 AM
the only reason she is on the show is for ratings
it has nothing to do with anyting but tv ratings.
that's why she picked a plus sized woman last year.
if she picks the same old cookie cutter type of woman the show would fail.

tsbrenda
08-15-2008, 07:02 AM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?news=326953&GT1=28103

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/News/Aug08/topmodel_isis_150.jpg

http://www.mediatakeout.com/photo/1218633617antt.jpg

http://www.usmagazine.com/files/isis-b.jpg

http://www.usmagazine.com/transgender-contestant-to-compete-on-antm

lilly_exohexoh
08-15-2008, 07:52 AM
wooooo i love this show

slinky
08-15-2008, 10:44 AM
So she loses (you know she ain't gonna win) and some rich guy offers her $100,000 for a date. At the end of the night, he wants her to fuck him, but she says "I'm a bottom only", so he sues the show for false advertising. Their defense is "She didn't win, did she?".

ARMANIXXX
08-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I know thats what you meant, and that why I said what I had to say. You're not gonna find a trannie(especially a young one) that is willing to immerse themselves in the craft. Train as an actor for several years. Do off bway and regional theatre along with indie films while they're waiting for a break. THATS WHAT YOU CALL A LEVEL OF SERIOUSNESS. So no, at the standards and the level that I work on, there will never be a trannie. Regardless of what this joke of an industry does or what show they put them on. Their work will never meet what I call a level of seriousness.

How do you know there aren't plenty of TS girls doing just that?

Just as there are plenty of TS's with real 9 to 5's, I'm sure there are some that are aspiring to become real actors/actresses that are serious about their craft.

In fact, now that I think about it, I know 3 personally that do a type of caberet/variety show here in the Bay Area.

bored21
08-15-2008, 07:23 PM
i used to work with at tranny

bored21
08-15-2008, 08:28 PM
bmpss

toolegitforu
08-15-2008, 11:02 PM

How do you know there aren't plenty of TS girls doing just that?

Just as there are plenty of TS's with real 9 to 5's, I'm sure there are some that are aspiring to become real actors/actresses that are serious about their craft.

In fact, now that I think about it, I know 3 personally that do a type of caberet/variety show here in the Bay Area.Caberet=dinner theatre=basically community theatre. Not professional work

toolegitforu
08-15-2008, 11:16 PM
@Toolegit.

I hear what you are saying there. But I think you have it backwards. It's not that transsexuals are unwilling to immerse themselves in the craft of acting in the way that you said and work their way up. It is that a transsexual will likely not get the chance. There is a world of discrimination out there where people will acknowledge your excellence but still not give us a break basically because we are transsexuals.
_________

I would also like to second and third and fourth what has been said about this not being groundbreaking or new. Many many MTF transsexuals have been on TV in various ways. All that will happen to this new girl is what happened to Claudia, and others before her. The machine will use her for a ratings bonanza and the spit her out once ANTM has a higher profile.

I would like to hope for the best but I am a realist. I will just hope that she is able to parlay this exposure into some form of success in the rest of life.You're right Brenda, but for the most part, trannies will always play trannies. They're looked at in the industry as a specialty. Meaning, they're only gonna play what they are for the most part. Can you see Denzel agree to play opposite a pre-op whose his wife? Never happen unless its in the script. Trannies in the industry will always be right on the same level with midgets. Actually, midgets work more, and I know a few who are pretty damm good actors. Can't say I've met any trannies that I would consider having legit talent. By that I mean classical theatre tranning along with television and film expertise.

hwbs
08-15-2008, 11:16 PM
i heard them talking about this topic on the radio yesterday !!!

menacingmethods86
08-15-2008, 11:56 PM
she'll be escorting again, assuming she already has, once the show is over just like claudia charriez. it's no big deal

toolegitforu
08-16-2008, 12:50 AM
the only reason she is on the show is for ratings
it has nothing to do with anyting but tv ratings.
that's why she picked a plus sized woman last year.
if she picks the same old cookie cutter type of woman the show would fail.BUMP

Alyssa87
08-16-2008, 01:03 AM
whats with all the escorting talk?

was she an escort b4 the show?

bored21
08-16-2008, 03:03 PM
probably

Solitary Brother
08-16-2008, 06:35 PM
holy ish!
this is huge.

You dont know who this is?

Solitary Brother
08-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I hate to break to SOME of you but she is from the ballroom.
Tyra has featured many ballroom figures and celebrities on her show.
Im glad because this sheds a positive light on the ballroom scene and its participants.
So many of them are widly creative and exciting people and they deserve a chance to shine.

Tyra Banks is pussy cunt out!!!!

Legend
08-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Im glad because this sheds a positive light on the ballroom scene and its participants.
So many of them are widly creative and exciting people and they deserve a chance to shine.

Please don't ever speak in a discussion on boxing or mma ever again!

bored21
08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
lol what happened?

AsiaMei
08-16-2008, 08:17 PM

lolx. i posted she was from the house of tsunami.

she walked bquid realness, face and runway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fh5tUBDwBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGcUCP3sOu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUHrrv1U6_w

BrendaQG
08-16-2008, 10:04 PM
@Toolegit.

_________

I would like to hope for the best but I am a realist. I will just hope that she is able to parlay this exposure into some form of success in the rest of life.You're right Brenda, but for the most part, trannies will always play trannies. They're looked at in the industry as a specialty. Meaning, they're only gonna play what they are for the most part. Can you see Denzel agree to play opposite a pre-op whose his wife? Never happen unless its in the script. Trannies in the industry will always be right on the same level with midgets. Actually, midgets work more, and I know a few who are pretty damm good actors. Can't say I've met any trannies that I would consider having legit talent. By that I mean classical theatre tranning along with television and film expertise.

Here's were you get me wrong. I think you have confused experience with talent. I am sure there are plenty of TS's who if given a shot at having the training and experience you speak of would be just as good.

Now when it comes to the matter and person at hand she has experience. The matter at hand is modeling not actin. Her experience is in the form of walking in balls. Which have to be if anything more pressure filled than a straight fashion show by FAR. I don't think she has ever been in print, but I know of, know and have met T-girls who have been legit print models. (Not like VS. no no... In like local level newspapers and catalogs. Yes yes.) Looking at her she looks quit capable of modeling anything an designer want's to come up with.

I just don't have high hopes for her success because when it comes to it Tyra may not be willing to put her name and money behind someone who's going to have a really tough time. Simply because there are so many closed minds in the world. Trust me I know how that stuff goes.

tsbrenda
08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
I personally know of a few post op transsexual super models who have not
been outed but I will not give there names or what clothing store or corporation they work for or contracted too

Solitary Brother
08-17-2008, 01:29 AM

Ha Ha

Im so gay!!!!

toolegitforu
08-17-2008, 03:14 AM
@Toolegit.

_________

Here's were you get me wrong. I think you have confused experience with talent. I am sure there are plenty of TS's who if given a shot at having the training and experience you speak of would be just as good.
Now when it comes to the matter and person at hand she has experience. The matter at hand is modeling not actin. Her experience is in the form of walking in balls. Which have to be if anything more pressure filled than a straight fashion show by FAR. I don't think she has ever been in print, but I know of, know and have met T-girls who have been legit print models. (Not like VS. no no... In like local level newspapers and catalogs. Yes yes.) Looking at her she looks quit capable of modeling anything an designer want's to come up with.

I just don't have high hopes for her success because when it comes to it Tyra may not be willing to put her name and money behind someone who's going to have a really tough time. Simply because there are so many closed minds in the world. Trust me I know how that stuff goes.Never. Not capable. They have too many inner distractions mentally and emotionally that would not allow them to be good. This is why no top flight teacher would invest the time in trainning them. It would just be to difficult. Trannies have way too many inner distractions than the average person. So like I said, the only thing they will ever be able to do is play themselves.

toolegitforu
08-17-2008, 03:23 AM

I wouldn't say never and i'm sure they are girls like jenninfer or alyssa or any girl here would kill to be a dedicated actor if they had the chance.Jen has her own show so she is a little ways there.Please tell me you're joking again? What Jen does isn't acting. Some of you may think it is because entertainment will give anyone the label of actor once they appear on something. Trust me, what she does isn't legit acting. No where near it. Its basically on the same level as a well done youtube vid, which anyone can do with a decent camera.

Legend
08-17-2008, 04:01 AM
Please tell me you're joking again? What Jen does isn't acting. Some of you may think it is because entertainment will give anyone the label of actor once they appear on something. Trust me, what she does isn't legit acting. No where near it. Its basically on the same level as a well done youtube vid, which anyone can do with a decent camera.

Nope i'm not she is in the entertainment genre and she is a entertainer which is in the same category as an actor.I don't think half the people has the people skills nor the courage to walk up to people like she does so i don't anyone could do it.

You seem to have some sort of inner anger against transsexuals because you use words like never and indicate that they have mental problem.Nothing is impossible once someone puts there mind to it,BELIEVE IT!

Solitary Brother
08-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Please dont compare women that have appeared on ANTM to girls like JJ.
Its not the same thing.....BY A LONG SHOT.

toolegitforu
08-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Please tell me you're joking again? What Jen does isn't acting. Some of you may think it is because entertainment will give anyone the label of actor once they appear on something. Trust me, what she does isn't legit acting. No where near it. Its basically on the same level as a well done youtube vid, which anyone can do with a decent camera.

Nope i'm not she is in the entertainment genre and she is a entertainer which is in the same category as an actor.I don't think half the people has the people skills nor the courage to walk up to people like she does so i don't anyone could do it.

You seem to have some sort of inner anger against transsexuals because you use words like never and indicate that they have mental problem.Nothing is impossible once someone puts there mind to it,BELIEVE IT!You're extremely delusional. I hope you know this. My comments aren't from anger, I work in the industry, and I teach the craft. I know whats needed to be a successful actor. When I say successful, I'm speaking about people like Denzel, Meryl Streep, Sir Ben Kingsley. No, a trannie will never reach that level of achievement because they do have mental and emotional baggage that gets in the way of the entire process. And they'll never be taken that seriously. You may think it helps, but it doesn't. It does just the opposite. And dude, yes, anyone can walk up to people with a video camera. Look at youtube, they already do it.

Legend
08-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Please dont compare women that have appeared on ANTM to girls like JJ.
Its not the same thing.....BY A LONG SHOT.

You got that right i wouldn't compare her to girls who simply rely on standing in one place looking like an idiot to someone who relies on their people skills and intelligence.

Solitary Brother
08-17-2008, 04:36 AM
I didnt say Jen was not intelligent...she is.......shes just not model material thats all.
The fact that models who just "stand there" make tons of money speaks for itself.

Legend
08-17-2008, 04:42 AM
/quote]You're extremely delusional. I hope you know this. My comments aren't from anger, I work in the industry, and I teach the craft. I know whats needed to be a successful actor. When I say successful, I'm speaking about people like Denzel, Meryl Streep, Sir Ben Kingsley. No, a trannie will never reach that level of achievement because they do have mental and emotional baggage that gets in the way of the entire process. And they'll never be taken that seriously. You may think it helps, but it doesn't. It does just the opposite. And dude, yes, anyone can walk up to people with a video camera. Look at youtube, they already do it.

There is no way a guy like you teaches the craft,you are the most discouraging teacher i've even seen.lol, talk about setting the bar high if you base someones level of success by those high level of actors and thier work you most think people like james franco and toby mcguire are utter failures.

Legend
08-17-2008, 04:47 AM
I didnt say Jen was not intelligent...she is.......shes just not model material thats all.
The fact that models who just "stand there" make tons of money speaks for itself.

Of course a guy like you is going to say that you most likely think wesley snipes or shemar moore is model material.

toolegitforu
08-17-2008, 04:48 AM
/quote]You're extremely delusional. I hope you know this. My comments aren't from anger, I work in the industry, and I teach the craft. I know whats needed to be a successful actor. When I say successful, I'm speaking about people like Denzel, Meryl Streep, Sir Ben Kingsley. No, a trannie will never reach that level of achievement because they do have mental and emotional baggage that gets in the way of the entire process. And they'll never be taken that seriously. You may think it helps, but it doesn't. It does just the opposite. And dude, yes, anyone can walk up to people with a video camera. Look at youtube, they already do it.

There is no way a guy like you teaches the craft,you are the most discouraging teacher i've even seen.lol, talk about setting the bar high if you base someones level of success by those high level of actors and thier work you most think people like james franco and toby mcguire are utter failures.No moron, when you teach the craft you encourage you're students to work towards the highest level of success possible. So if they fall short of that, they're still gonna be pretty damm good. Franco and Toby happen to be pretty decent actors. I'm sure their bar for success is set high as well. I have former students working in major studio feature films as well as network tv. So I kinda think I might know a little something, compared to a civilian such as yourself.

Legend
08-17-2008, 04:56 AM

Since your a teacher of acting why don't you act like i just told you to take your bullshit and shove them up your thespian ass.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2mmxzsm.jpg

PeteIsHere
08-17-2008, 05:16 AM
What method of acting do you teach your students, Method (Stanislavski), Meisner, Uta Hagen, Chekhov, or another approach?

There is no way a guy like you teaches the craft,you are the most discouraging teacher i've even seen.lol, talk about setting the bar high if you base someones level of success by those high level of actors and thier work you most think people like james franco and toby mcguire are utter failures.No moron, when you teach the craft you encourage you're students to work towards the highest level of success possible. So if they fall short of that, they're still gonna be pretty damm good. Franco and Toby happen to be pretty decent actors. I'm sure their bar for success is set high as well. I have former students working in major studio feature films as well as network tv. So I kinda think I might know a little something, compared to a civilian such as yourself.

toolegitforu
08-17-2008, 05:53 AM
What method of acting do you teach your students, Method (Stanislavski), Meisner, Uta Hagen, Chekhov, or another approach?

There is no way a guy like you teaches the craft,you are the most discouraging teacher i've even seen.lol, talk about setting the bar high if you base someones level of success by those high level of actors and thier work you most think people like james franco and toby mcguire are utter failures.No moron, when you teach the craft you encourage you're students to work towards the highest level of success possible. So if they fall short of that, they're still gonna be pretty damm good. Franco and Toby happen to be pretty decent actors. I'm sure their bar for success is set high as well. I have former students working in major studio feature films as well as network tv. So I kinda think I might know a little something, compared to a civilian such as yourself.I teach the Meisner approach. The same approach I was taught.

bored21
08-17-2008, 07:58 AM

Since your a teacher of acting why don't you act like i just told you to take your bullshit and shove them up your thespian ass.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2mmxzsm.jpg

lmao nice.

Alyssa87
08-17-2008, 09:51 AM
holy ish!
this is huge.

You dont know who this is?

now i do. best of luck Isis

ARMANIXXX
08-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Caberet=dinner theatre=basically community theatre. Not professional work

__________________________________________________ ________________

Now with that statement, I'm going to emphatically, without a doubt, with 100% percent certainty, tell you to:

STFU

http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com/

Longest running CABARET show in the world guy.

Steve Silver's Beach Blanket Babylon, the longest running musical revue in theatre history, is a zany musical spoof of pop culture with extravagant costumes and outrageously huge hats. Now in its 34th year of sold-out performances, Beach Blanket Babylon is an internationally acclaimed San Francisco institution. With more than 12,000 performances in San Francisco, the show has performed for standing room only during its London and Las Vegas engagements. Beach Blanket Babylon continually evolves in its hilarious parodies of current events and popular icons as todays headlines unfold.

Rookies.

pfft.

:roll:

toolegitforu
08-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Caberet=dinner theatre=basically community theatre. Not professional work

__________________________________________________ ________________

Now with that statement, I'm going to emphatically, without a doubt, with 100% percent certainty, tell you to:

STFU

http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com/

Longest running CABARET show in the world guy.

Steve Silver's Beach Blanket Babylon, the longest running musical revue in theatre history, is a zany musical spoof of pop culture with extravagant costumes and outrageously huge hats. Now in its 34th year of sold-out performances, Beach Blanket Babylon is an internationally acclaimed San Francisco institution. With more than 12,000 performances in San Francisco, the show has performed for standing room only during its London and Las Vegas engagements. Beach Blanket Babylon continually evolves in its hilarious parodies of current events and popular icons as todays headlines unfold.

Rookies.

pfft.

:roll:Ok jackhole, I checked out the site for this so called impressive show. Just because something runs for years way the fuck out in San Fran doesn't give it clout on a national level. I also looked at the cast bio's. Curt and Ellen are the only ones I would consider legit professional performers who could consistently book work on a professional level. The rest are community theatre talent at best. Thats why they're in San Fran instead of NY or LA. I'm no rookie when it comes to the industry son. I know what I speak of. ACT is one of the top trainning programs in the country. Its also in San Fran. If the show you speak of is sooo impressive, how come not one of the cast members trained there? Thats what I thought.

ARMANIXXX
08-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Ok jackhole, I checked out the site for this so called impressive show. Just because something runs for years way the fuck out in San Fran doesn't give it clout on a national level. I also looked at the cast bio's. Curt and Ellen are the only ones I would consider legit professional performers who could consistently book work on a professional level. The rest are community theatre talent at best. Thats why they're in San Fran instead of NY or LA. I'm no rookie when it comes to the industry son. I know what I speak of. ACT is one of the top trainning programs in the country. Its also in San Fran. If the show you speak of is sooo impressive, how come not one of the cast members trained there? Thats what I thought.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Renee Lubin

Renée debuted as feature soloist for Jazz Faire IV with Quincy Jones. Her theatrical performances include roles in For Colored Girls..., Jesus Christ Superstar, Ain't Misbehavin', Tintypes, They're Playing Our Song, Eubie, Twelfth Night, and Merry Wives of Windsor. Renée is a native San Franciscan and studied Environmental Biology at San Jose State University. Having made several local appearances, she can be heard on the recently released album Best of the Bay as a featured soloist on the tune "Joey." Other credits include voice-over work in radio and television. Renée is proud to have joined the company in 1986.

I know this woman personally.

I've seen her SEVERAL times on National TV, not to mention, National Anthem's MANY times including the Giants world series games

She's done more in her professional career than you've done in your whole life......real talk

I also know Ledesi.
Ledesi was Miss Lubin's understudy, who has since gone on to be nominated for a grammy.....2008 grammy awards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ledesi

Val Diamond.

I've seen her and know she's done a shit load of work.

You should sit down son.....for real.

Pitiful.
Rookie's should be seen and not heard.

:roll:

toolegitforu
08-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Ok jackhole, I checked out the site for this so called impressive show. Just because something runs for years way the fuck out in San Fran doesn't give it clout on a national level. I also looked at the cast bio's. Curt and Ellen are the only ones I would consider legit professional performers who could consistently book work on a professional level. The rest are community theatre talent at best. Thats why they're in San Fran instead of NY or LA. I'm no rookie when it comes to the industry son. I know what I speak of. ACT is one of the top trainning programs in the country. Its also in San Fran. If the show you speak of is sooo impressive, how come not one of the cast members trained there? Thats what I thought.

Renee Lubin

Renée debuted as feature soloist for Jazz Faire IV with Quincy Jones. Her theatrical performances include roles in For Colored Girls..., Jesus Christ Superstar, Ain't Misbehavin', Tintypes, They're Playing Our Song, Eubie, Twelfth Night, and Merry Wives of Windsor. Renée is a native San Franciscan and studied Environmental Biology at San Jose State University. Having made several local appearances, she can be heard on the recently released album Best of the Bay as a featured soloist on the tune "Joey." Other credits include voice-over work in radio and television. Renée is proud to have joined the company in 1986.

I've seen her SEVERAL times on National TV, not to mention, National Anthem's MANY times including the Giants world series games

She's done more in her professional career than you've done in your whole life......real talk

I also know Ledesi.
Ledesi was Miss Lubin's understudy, who has since gone on to be nominated for a grammy.....2008 grammy awards.

Val Diamond.

Pitiful.

:roll:Truth be told, I'm not a singer. So I could care fucking less about grammys and national anthems. I'm a professional actor. The people you named couldn't touch me from an acting standpoint. Not just talk son. Real shit. I would bury them and I have the credits to back it up. Not that I need them, but let me let you in on a little something. Credits are achieved thru opportunities. Opportunities are given for every reason but talent. Everyday the most talented person doesn't get the job.
Thats the kind of biz it is. So credits don't impress me. Try again.

ARMANIXXX
08-18-2008, 12:54 AM

Renee Lubin

I also know Ledesi.

Val Diamond.

Pitiful.

:roll:Truth be told, I'm not a singer. So I could care fucking less about grammys and national anthems. I'm a professional actor. The people you named couldn't touch me from an acting standpoint. Not just talk son. Real shit. I would bury them and I have the credits to back it up. Not that I need them, but let me let you in on a little something. Credits are achieved thru opportunities. Opportunities are given for every reason but talent. Everyday the most talented person doesn't get the job.

Well I am a Musician guy.

I sing, dance, act and play.

The above mentioned people do as well.

Maybe if you train REAL hard,

You might get half as good as all of the above mentioned people.

:wink:

toolegitforu
08-18-2008, 01:06 AM

Renee Lubin

I also know Ledesi.

Val Diamond.

Pitiful.

Well I am a Musician guy.

I sing, dance, act and play.

The above mentioned people do as well.

Maybe if you train REAL hard,

You might get half as good as all of the above mentioned people.

:wink:And do cabaret work? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a fucking joke. No thanks. I'll continue to do feature film and tv episodic work. Maybe if you focused on one thing, you might be ok at something.

ARMANIXXX
08-18-2008, 01:24 AM
And do cabaret work? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a fucking joke. No thanks. I'll continue to do feature film and tv episodic work. Maybe if you focused on one thing, you might be ok at something.

Good luck on your 2009 GRAMMY, OSCAR, EMMY, and TONI award nominations pal.

:wink:

blahhey
08-18-2008, 10:09 AM
so is she post or pre op

tsntx
08-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm really not talking about any guest appearances i'm talking about a full role from a girl who can act not a premadonna who thinks she is all that and a bag of chips,someone who takes their art seriously.I know thats what you meant, and that why I said what I had to say. You're not gonna find a trannie(especially a young one) that is willing to immerse themselves in the craft. Train as an actor for several years. Do off bway and regional theatre along with indie films while they're waiting for a break. THATS WHAT YOU CALL A LEVEL OF SERIOUSNESS. So no, at the standards and the level that I work on, there will never be a trannie. Regardless of what this joke of an industry does or what show they put them on. Their work will never meet what I call a level of seriousness.[/quote]

i actually know a girl who has done some off broadway work and was very successful in theatre.... to say trannies arent willing to do the work and hone their craft... r u kidding... fucking trannies spend years perfecting the craft of portraying women EVERY HOUR OF EVERYDAY ... why wouldnt they have the patience to do the same for their career.... dude thats dumb as fuck

tsntx
08-18-2008, 12:07 PM

I would like to hope for the best but I am a realist. I will just hope that she is able to parlay this exposure into some form of success in the rest of life.

my bet is that she will just raise her rates on eros once the shows not generating her any more business

tsntx
08-18-2008, 12:16 PM

Ha Ha

Im so gay!!!!

no homo, but yeah... you gay as all hell

toolegitforu
08-18-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm really not talking about any guest appearances i'm talking about a full role from a girl who can act not a premadonna who thinks she is all that and a bag of chips,someone who takes their art seriously.I know thats what you meant, and that why I said what I had to say. You're not gonna find a trannie(especially a young one) that is willing to immerse themselves in the craft. Train as an actor for several years. Do off bway and regional theatre along with indie films while they're waiting for a break. THATS WHAT YOU CALL A LEVEL OF SERIOUSNESS. So no, at the standards and the level that I work on, there will never be a trannie. Regardless of what this joke of an industry does or what show they put them on. Their work will never meet what I call a level of seriousness.

i actually know a girl who has done some off broadway work and was very successful in theatre.... to say trannies arent willing to do the work and hone their craft... r u kidding... fucking trannies spend years perfecting the craft of portraying women EVERY HOUR OF EVERYDAY ... why wouldnt they have the patience to do the same for their career.... dude thats dumb as fuck[/quote]Oh, and thats enough to prepare you for working opposite Meryl Streep? Please, get a fucking clue. An impersanator and a professional actor are very different. But why should I expect more from you people. Entertainment has watered down and destroyed the purity of the craft. They make it appear that anyone can do it successfully. And you people buy it. And here I am talking to folks who never worked on bway or a major feature film. So there you have it.

Lover
08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I've only seen a couple of episodes, but Top Model is all about drama, and not the good kind. There's no way I can take that show seriously.

About two years ago I saw an episode where the contestants included a very pretty girl with long hair that was really beautiful. For me at least, Tyra threw away any of her remaining credibility by demanding that she cut her hair.

The way it's presented on that show at least, modeling puts superficiality on a pedestal.

As for the girl who's the subject of this thread, I'm in agreement with those who speculate that she was added to add more drama to the show, and that her involvement will have little positive effect on her career, whatever that may be.

tsntx
08-18-2008, 10:47 PM
hey fellahs

whos ready for a lil ban-hammer action?

i am!

Solitary Brother
08-19-2008, 05:27 AM

Ha Ha

Im so gay!!!!

no homo, but yeah... you gay as all hell

Thank you baby!

bored21
08-19-2008, 08:21 AM
as ALLL hhell

rocketman
08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
when does this new season start? Is she already on the show now?

rocketman
08-19-2008, 02:59 PM

rocketman
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM

rocketman
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM

rocketman
08-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Solitary Brother
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
This thread like many of them has went off track.
I for one am happy for the young lady cast on ANTM and for the transgender community as a whole.
I wont speculate like others have about WHY a transgender was cast because we dont know why.
I refuse to be cynical about this like others are and just take it for what it is.
The comment about her raising her "eros rates" was very uncalled for.
All this other talk on this thread is BS .....ESPECIALLY from people who have NO CREDENTIALS!
Take it for what it is...she going to be on this show...a great honour and nothing more......DONT JUDGE THIS GIRL.

toolegitforu
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
This thread like many of them has went off track.
I for one am happy for the young lady cast on ANTM and for the transgender community as a whole.
I wont speculate like others have about WHY a transgender was cast because we dont know why.
I refuse to be cynical about this like others are and just take it for what it is.
The comment about her raising her "eros rates" was very uncalled for.
All this other talk on this thread is BS .....ESPECIALLY from people who have NO CREDENTIALS!Take it for what it is...she going to be on this show...a great honour and nothing more......DONT JUDGE THIS GIRL.Ummm, excuse me you fucking queer, I have credentials. SAG AEA and a feature film opening in October along with years of credentials. What do you have besides a fucking opinion? Thats what I thought.

Lover
08-19-2008, 04:38 PM