PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance

Alyssa87
08-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Sooo, im gonna buy coverage :?
(i promised myself & my mom i'd do so after i got my work this summer)

I need good plans/companies that dont discriminate against the girls.
I guess money is no issue.

Besides the basics, i need:
Endocrinology
Psychiatry
Dental

Talk 2 me HA

MajorHardOn26
08-13-2008, 12:26 AM
I found this.
I hope it helps :)

http://www.tsroadmap.com/reality/insurance.html

Alyssa87
08-13-2008, 12:30 AM
this is good stuff. nothing on particular companies tho :?

gratzi Signore :wink:

flabbybody
08-13-2008, 12:45 AM
this could be the most confusing subject on earth
don't get discouraged Alyssa

Odelay
08-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Seeing as you're in your early 20's and are probably in pretty good health, you might consider going with essentially catastrophic coverage and pay for everything else out of pocket. Skip coverage on Psychiatry. Go to any provider, especially solo practitioners, tell them you want their Health Insurance rate less 10% for paying for every appt in front in cash. Waiting for long delays to have insurance companies pay them causes providers the most headaches.

Just about every state has a Blue Cross or Blue Shield that offers a minimal premium with huge annual deductible (say $5,000 after the shared 80/20 copay) to cover the big stuff... cancer, accidents, etc. This protects you from the pre-existing conditions crap as you ramp up to a better policy after huge emergency care for one of the big things.

And remember, there is no real competition in the health insurance market. All of the companies tell you that they're better than the others, but it's so regulated and monopolized that there truly are no significant differences. So you're asking for "which companies" but the more important question is... "what type of coverage".

Good luck, and make sure you don't pay for rolls royce coverage with rolls royce prices. That's the last thing you need.[/i]

bigfreddy
08-13-2008, 02:13 AM
You might want to try MetLife for dental coverage. I believe they will offer it to individuals. Or, you can always create your own company and get coverage that way. Dental coverage is fairly minimal, but it pays for itself if you go semi-annually.

As far as health coverage goes, I too would recommend staying away from high cost coverage and move towards a HSA of some sort. You might as well get some ROI for your money.

Shining Star
08-13-2008, 04:37 AM
Think the poster is asking about health insurance that will either accept her as a trannie, and or not give her a hard time if she signs up as a "male" but begins submitting claims for "trannie" stuff like hormones, and the like.

Health insurance issues are as various as trannies themselves. If one is living as a woman, but still a "man", obviously when accepting employment one is going to click off "female" on all the various forms when hired. This can cause some problems when claims are submitted for treatments and medications that normally are not associated with females.

Or, vice-versa one is hired as a male, then begins to transition, submitting claims for things that aren't associated with men. Many trannies had to and still have to take legal action to force employer paid insurance, or paid for out of their own pockets to cover transgender treatment.

My advice is to look over the most common plans offered in your state, such as Blue Cross & Blue Shield, and see who offers coverage you require at a price you can afford. If you have any questions regarding transgender issues, ring up the customer service department and ask.