PDA

View Full Version : Thailand!

Svine_
08-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi, I just have this simple question and I didn't know where to turn but I figured I'd just try it here since its hopefully someone who has some knowledge about Thailand here.

I have applied for a job in Thailand and the estimated wage is around 50,000THB/month and I was wondering if that's high or low? :)

Thanks

dderek123
08-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi, I just have this simple question and I didn't know where to turn but I figured I'd just try it here since its hopefully someone who has some knowledge about Thailand here.

I have applied for a job in Thailand and the estimated wage is around 50,000THB/month and I was wondering if that's high or low? :)

Thanks

Well 50,000 THB = $1666 roughly.
In Thailand that is a pretty high wage. A Thai national who is a University graduate makes much less than that. I've searched for engineering jobs in Thailand and saw that some Thais only make 20000 THB/month.
But it also depends where you live too. If you rent an apartment in Bangkok it could cost $400/month. If you live somewhere more rural you can expect it to be much cheaper. But everything else is pretty cheap (food, clothing, etc.) except for buying a new car.

I am going to Thailand on August 25th. So maybe I can answer more questions after then. The job I have my eye on says the salary is negotiable and so I think I will ask fro 60,000 THB/mth. That way I can earn a decent wage AND live in paradise at the same time.

Dinand
08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
So how much do you have to pay a tgirl to spent the night with?

dderek123
08-12-2008, 11:36 PM
YMMV

Many people have warned me to avoid street girls. They often try to rob you. There have been cases where a bunch of ladyboys gang up on a lone drunkard and rob him. Go to a gogo bar and you'll be less likely to have that problem because they work for the bar.
If you go to a go go bar i think the fee to have the girl leave with you is 600 THB and then you negotiate with her what the cost will be.

I assume the cost for a gg bar girl in Thailand would be similar to a tg bar girl. If you have questions go to one of the Thai forums and use the search function.

try
ajarn
teakdoor
or thaivisa

Nikka
08-12-2008, 11:39 PM
So how much do you have to pay a tgirl to spent the night with?

about 10 dolla for a blowjob, I think that is still expensive

Dinand
08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
about 10 dolla for a blowjob, I think that is still expensive
Amsterdam is expensive, Thailand is a bargain :)

Svine_
08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I just have to brag about that I got accepted at the job :D Now Im gonna have a quick think about if I should take it or not :D

bucatini70
08-17-2008, 03:17 PM
what is the job and i can tell you if the salary is competitive. What expat package is included? is the job in Bangkok or up country? lastly how long is the contract? i have been here for more than 5 years working and can give you a few tips

DJ_Asia
08-17-2008, 06:54 PM
50,000 baht as previously stated is decent wage in Thailand.However the 400.00 USD per month apartment is a shithole,at least by US standards.If you get outside of Bangkok 400 USD will get you an older place w/ some space,but in town you will be in a place w/ no ModCons and hordes of half naked African children running up and down the halls screaming and banging on doors...most likely cuz the rats are trying to eat them.

You can live cheaply here,but a common pitfall for farangs is to try and live to the same comfort level that they did back home,if you do that your 50,000 baht per month wont get you very far.For example today for lunch I had 2 pieces of BBQ chicken and sticky rice for lunch,bought it off one of the billions of sidewalk street vendors,which are typically a safe bet to eat from contrary to what you migt have heard....that set me back less than 2 bucks.Dinner was delivered and had a small steak,2 sausages,2 fried eggs,baked potato and a small salad w/ no dressing and that was close to 20 bucks.

Another common pitfall that foreigners make is falling for that one special girl...do that and you will be not only supporting her,but multiple generations back home in Isaan as well....see it all the time and I just shake my head in dismay.Dudes who otherwise display great common sense and mental capacity seem to let the small head think for the big head.... :roll:

And finally Thais do not have what you would call a firm grasp on customer service nor do they have any inkling at all as to what "being on time" means..working with Thais can be...ummm...trying.Of course that is the common folk..if you're lucky thats what you will be dealing with,however if yoiu will be working with 1% of the HiSo Thais...I can suggest to you now that you turn the job down...Rich Thais are simply the absolute worst people I've ever had the displeasure of being around.

That being said it would be helpful if we knew what the job was.

bucatini70
08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
i think the the core of what you say is true but i beg to differ with the rent i am at a house now in Sutthisan on the Ladprao side about 200sqm great house new build on about 64 sq wah and pay only 13,000 baht, electric is about 1000 baht lots of places to stay outside sukhumvit, silom or sathorn areas that are up to standard and in that price range. 100% though if you want to eat western food all the time the cost is really high as well as customer service shit ...try to run a business is constant fight to anything done in a reasonable period of time. You forgot though common manners is also lacking here they are only polite with greetings and asking if you want to eat other than that they are very selfish and not considerate of anything or anyone!

aerin moni
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
If you decided to take the job offer, i personally think that you should be prepared with the Asian culture too. Be sure to have an open mind into everything, im sure that will help you to 'blend' well in no time.

Anyways, enjoy yourself when you there. Bangkok's nightlife is heavennnnnnn on earth :)

DJ_Asia
08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
You forgot though common manners is also lacking here they are only polite with greetings and asking if you want to eat other than that they are very selfish and not considerate of anything or anyone!

Ya i didnt forget it,I just try to not paint such a bleak picture for the guy...let him find out for himself what rude pricks they can be...the worst is gym ettiquette...I have to walk away lest I strangle the arrogant fucker parked on the pec deck,wearing his brand new sweat suit,drinking a Coke and talking on the phone...thats my FAV!!

Hey PM me wanna hear more about the area you're staying in

voy4her
08-28-2008, 11:02 PM
so the old "you can live like a king in thailand on $6000 US /year is a load of bollocks then...