PDA

View Full Version : Are These America's Dirtiest Fast Food Restaurants?

Legend
08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
F**k i can't believe arbys is on that list its the only fast food place i eat at.That jack in the box e. coli thing is f**king scary i'm never eating from that dump.

BeardedOne
08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I never ate at Jack In The Box after my first time there when I was just out of high school. The 'food' was just plain BAD and in and of itself could make you ill without any hygiene issues. When I learned that it was owned by Purina Chows I began to worry about my pet's health.

There isn't a restaurant on the planet that doesn't have cleanliness/health issues and it's buyer beware whenever you eat out. Be it KFC or Le Bec Fin, it only takes one little bug (Microscopic or creepy-crawly) to ruin your day.

A lot of it is relative to how the food is cooked or even if it is (A lot of Taco Hell's menu is raw lettuce, tomato, etc.) and how long it is left to sit on a steam table or under a heat lamp after that. Add in travel time for take out/delivery and there's a wide window of opportunity for various bugs to spark up.

I had some steak tips at a Bugaboo Creek (Think Outback only with a Canadian theme) one night and at first bite they didn't seem quite right. I sent them back, but it was too late and I spent the next two days coughing up a lung. :( I still eat there and have not had any other bad instances. Sometimes it just happens. I don't want to begin to count the times I've suffered by my own hand from whatever mysteries I've consumed from the back of my refrigerator at home.

During a career transition in the early 90's I worked for a Pizza Hut delivery unit (I delivered the first of my calls driving an '87 Reliant and the last driving a '76 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow - An amusing tale that I'm sure the customer tells to this day), so I've seen some of the backroom sekrits of the biz. True, a lot of it isn't pretty, but it doesn't necessarily have to lead to an e-coli epidemic.

If a Sonic or a KFC find themselves the focus of a health scare it is primarily a management problem. Our original manager was very strict about following company policies and formulas (And shared her performance bonus with the staff whenever we earned one) and was serious about the cleanliness of the place, how long foodstuffs could remain online (In or out of cold storage), had us wash the storage containers regularly, etc. There wasn't a person there that didn't have confidence in the food we served, no matter who prepared it.

But I've traveled a lot on the roads of this great nation and I've been to diners and cafes along the way that will scare you off food for a month. The waitress whose cigarette ash drops into your coffee as she places it on the counter, the line chef (In clear sight of the front counter) who picks his nose before pressing the burger patty for your lunch, or the less than delightful smell of raw sewage wafting from the restroom...or is it from the kitchen?...as you enter the establishment.

And, of course, the ever present variant:

Farva: Give me a double bacon cheeseburger.
Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Double baco cheeseburger. It's for a cop.
Farva: What the hell's that all about? You gonna spit in it now?
Dimpus Burger Guy: No, I just told him that so he makes it good.
[into mic]
Dimpus Burger Guy: Don't spit in that cop's burger.
Farva: Yeah, thanks.
Second Dimpus Guy: Roger, holding the spit.

Legend
08-11-2008, 07:49 PM
When I learned that it was owned by Purina Chows

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AllanahStarrNYC
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Mostly everyone who eats fast food are unaware of what kind of industry they are supporting.

We have all been brainwashed since children with clever advertising campaigns and of course cheap prices.

The fact is the price is very HIGH in many ways when you eat fast food.

This is an interesting read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Food_Nation

Everyone who eats at these places should read this.

Floyd R
08-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Allanah, are you a vegetarian zealot?

Mostly everyone who eats fast food are unaware of what kind of industry they are supporting.

We have all been brainwashed since children with clever advertising campaigns and of course cheap prices.

Lick UR Lovely
08-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Very good informative post! I gave in and ate an Arby's roast beef sandwich last month. I rarely eat fast food, especially fried stuff! Yuck!

tssexychanel
08-12-2008, 03:25 AM
:why Thanks for sharing. Permission to be excused I did a lot of running around today and stopped at Arbys :cry :cry

AllanahStarrNYC
08-12-2008, 03:33 AM
Allanah, are you a vegetarian zealot?

Absolutely not.

The fast food business is an exploitative one that claims much more than animals as victims-human health just to name one.

The article I had printed had little to do with
animal rights but it dealt with the blind eye most people want to
turn in regard to their meals.

The book and film are both good.

Further more I am pretty much vegan, but I do eat some seafood from time to time.

I would not eat a salad or a vegeterain mean from any of those dumps.

hondarobot
08-12-2008, 03:44 AM
It really is kinda funny how people think they are saving money with fast food. A hamburger/french fry meal at McDonalds costs around $5. A homemade steak and frites cost about the same, it just requires a bit of work.

Most people are just lazy.

Legend
08-12-2008, 03:54 AM
Where can you get a good steak for under 5 bucks?

hondarobot
08-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Well, you can't get a great steak, but you can get a decent steak and prepare it well for around $4. It's better then a Big Mac, and a potato and oil/seasoning doesn't cost much over a dollar.