PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 for PS3...HELP a Noob

DJ_Asia
08-09-2008, 06:29 AM
When I had my PS2 I bought the first couple GTA titles,and I never grasped the objective.I ended up driving cars for about 2 minutes until I crashed them beyond drivability....seemed pointless fun for about an hour.

Then I bought Scarface,which is the same basic game and that was great fun!The objective was pretty clear,deal drugs,shoot people and win back Tony's empire.

So when I finally got my new PS3 and having read the GTA4 threads here I figured I was missing something and might as well give it another day in court...well guess what Im still stealing cars,getting into fights(and getting my ass kicked)and dying...what the hell is the objective and where do I find the missions.

I did a Google and all I saw was phone numbers to spawn super cars and bazookas....Id rather understand the game before I blow shit up w/ a cheat obtained RPG.

Help

signed

Clueless in Bangkok

Legend
08-09-2008, 06:33 AM
I have not played 4 but all the gta games are the same you talk to someone via a cutscene, get a mission and then go to the spot that is marked on your map.

tsntx
08-09-2008, 12:10 PM
call the ppl on ur cellphone... or goto which ever boss's location is on the map... chances are u started a mission and forgot it and now the game is locked in free play.... i went for about a week stuck not being able to figure out what i was suppossed to do then i randomly went to one of the bosses houses to steal his nice car... low and behold a mission was there waiting

hwbs
08-09-2008, 01:09 PM
once u get going it is to easy...so easy i have put it down for months , lol

unctrld1
08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
call the ppl on ur cellphone... or goto which ever boss's location is on the map... chances are u started a mission and forgot it and now the game is locked in free play.... i went for about a week stuck not being able to figure out what i was suppossed to do then i randomly went to one of the bosses houses to steal his nice car... low and behold a mission was there waiting

Witty, talented host of her own show, beautiful, and you play video games too. Damn.

hondarobot
08-09-2008, 04:26 PM
It's suppose to be a brilliant game, if you do get into the storyline, from what I've heard. I played it for about a half hour at a friends house months ago, but that's all the experience I have with it. I stole a cop car and drove it into the ocean. True story.

Richctdude
08-09-2008, 04:28 PM
IM getting a xbox360 this weekend just to play grand theft auto 4 i cant wait...

TomSelis
08-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Follow the storyline missions. Go to the places marked on your mini-map. That's it really.

Wino the SuperHero
08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
What you should do is take it to Game Stop and trade it in.
GTA4 was nowhere as great as it was hyped up to be.
To go from San Andreas to GTA4 is like going from a Dodge Viper to a Honda Civic.

hwbs
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM
the game looks great but...like 90 percent of the environment is not interactive...they make the aiming system very easy...the old games felt like playing the old resident evil games...i was hardcore playing that game for awhile but then the weather broke and i have not turned on my 360 except to play dvd's...

hondarobot
08-10-2008, 12:18 AM
The non-interactive/open environment is my single biggest complaint about virtually any game. Game designers need to learn to construct a setting, implement a working physic engine, and give the residents of the game world AI sufficient enough so that they conduct actual "lives". Missions and a story arc are great, but I get bored follow the script after too long.

Fallout 3, due out this later year, hopefully will break that pattern.

hwbs
08-10-2008, 12:23 AM
a great open ended game would be a game like oblivion....no radio stations and prostitutes but real fun

Legend
08-10-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm more hyped up for saints row 2 then i am for getting or even playing gta4.

hondarobot
08-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Oblivion was fun and well made, and I'm glad those guys are tackling the Fallout franchise now. They need to implement more of the twisted humor, though. I had one amusing encounter with a vampire in Oblivion, but that was about it. I laughed my ass off gaming both Fallout 1 & 2 many times.

:lol:

unctrld1
08-10-2008, 12:48 AM
The non-interactive/open environment is my single biggest complaint about virtually any game. Game designers need to learn to construct a setting, implement a working physic engine, and give the residents of the game world AI sufficient enough so that they conduct actual "lives". Missions and a story arc are great, but I get bored follow the script after too long.

Fallout 3, due out this later year, hopefully will break that pattern.

I agree.

However, there are exceptions . . . My exception - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. And I don't even like FPS's.

hondarobot
08-10-2008, 03:15 AM
I'm not a FPS fan either, but I respect people who are fans of that. I liked the original Doom (creepy sound work, very effective) and enjoyed some of the ones Eidos did, like Hitman. That was fun, although not strictly a shooter.

Bank your money on Fallout 3, that could be awesome.

hondarobot
08-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Actually, didn't DJ Asia have a question about something awhile back there? How did this fly so far off the OP? Stupid question, I know.

:lol:

Legend
08-10-2008, 03:39 AM
I just watch a fallout 3 trailer ,the old school nostalgic feel looked cool.The gameplay wasn't bad either and it definitely for mature audiences.Speaking of eidos i'm really looking forward to deus ex 3.

tsntx
08-10-2008, 03:51 AM

i have and REALLY enjoy saints row... plus i made my guy look like my idea man so its easy to watch the screen even after several hours run by ... im also really excited for the new batman lego game :D

Legend
08-10-2008, 04:06 AM

i have and REALLY enjoy saints row... plus i made my guy look like my idea man so its easy to watch the screen even after several hours run by ... im also really excited for the new batman lego game :D

Watch a couple of walkthroughs of that batman lego game on gametrailers.com and it was cool,you can play as the villans like mr.freeze as well, i laughed at the producer saying they have made it cool to play as robin i'm like dude nothing is going to make robin cool.I might buy the ps2 version because it will most likely be the same game and cheaper then the 360 or PS3 version

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
08-10-2008, 06:25 AM
True Robin will be forever Batman's whipping boy and possibly catcher.

hwbs
08-10-2008, 06:53 AM
i am looking forward to gears ow war 2....get online to say u got your face sawed off by hwbs , lmfao

Wino the SuperHero
08-11-2008, 06:06 AM
I can't wait for Saint's Row 2.
It looks like its going to have so much more to do.

Legend
08-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Has anyone seen gameplay footage of fable 2 that game looks like it will play much better then the first one.I see they have implemented swords and guns to your weapon arsenal.Also you are able to choose between protected or unprotected sex which is a weird thing to have in a videogame

DJ_Asia
08-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks to all for the responses....
I did eventually find some missions like going on a date to the bowling alley and driving people around ....that being said im still not getting the hype though...oh well..

Now Oblivion is a great game...have a level 23 Dark Elf who is lethal w/ the bow and has a sneak rating over 115...pretty cool combo

hwbs
08-11-2008, 09:00 AM
am a level 34 or 35 human...i am no good with arrows but am a master of armor and sneak....can also go invisible for 90 sec @ a clip...i am trying to play the expansion now...

DJ_Asia
08-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I sit back at the entrance to a room,put on Fin Gleam and just clear out the room w/ Hot Shit 2 (my fire enhanced Glass Bow) and some daedric arrows,then go clean up the goods...it is rare that I ever have to go melee unless a bear or rat attacks me...lol

hwbs
08-11-2008, 09:07 AM
i should of never leveled up like i did...it makes things much harder now...i dont play it much but have like 160 hours logged in...

DJ_Asia
08-11-2008, 09:13 AM
I will admit around level 20 or so the game got signifcantly harder...my bow used to slam dudes 15 feet into the air w/ one shot now sometimes it takes 2-5 shots before they drop

hwbs
08-11-2008, 09:23 AM
human takes too much damage and if u try to face guys u end up getting 3-4 attacking u...that is why i try to isolate using invisibility...the shivering isles is very tough....i will prob wait till the cooler weather comes...i honestly have not played my 360 in months...