PDA

View Full Version : virus off the Hung thread?

baileyandkc
08-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Saw that the link on the recent Hung thread, on the well endowed/photoshopped or silconed, also contained a virus..How about a lil help..

I got a very old Pc, still using win 98..In addition to the obvious, the need for a new computer, is there any software program, compatible with Win 98, that'll remove this virus/trojan? Any idea what this thing does specifically?

I guess HA/moderators don't delete threads that have links to viruses on em...swim at your own risk I guess...

If you know of a software program that might take care of this problem, that still can be used by an old pc, I'd love to hear about it!

Paladin
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Are you referring to the thread titled Huge hung shemale??

What exactly did you do to make you think you caught something?

I didn't pick up any virus from that thread. But then again I didn't try to download anything from it and i DON'T use the internet extorter either (and I still use winBlows 98 because I hate XP).

Safe computer sex, - it's almost as important as safe real sex! :P

NYCe
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I guess HA/moderators don't delete threads that have links to viruses on em...swim at your own risk I guess...

You have an old computer, caught a virus and immediately blame it on HungAngels with little to no proof? Smh.

hwbs
08-08-2008, 06:52 PM
i think he assumed that because cdjasia said there was one attached from that site in another thread...

lookin
08-08-2008, 08:00 PM
How does one check their computer for trojans?Is there a cool download that would do this?Thanks in advance-

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-08-2008, 09:09 PM
buy a mac

kilrjo
08-08-2008, 10:48 PM
sign up at h2kclan.com and use my name, kilrjo, as a reference. They have the software you need to eliminate trojans and other viruses/spyware.

redtiger
08-08-2008, 10:54 PM
These are 2 places I go to to get free help whenever I have a problem with my computer. They've always done good by me. No complaints so far!

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

dan_drade
08-08-2008, 10:57 PM
I was dumb enough to click on that link to and there is the Bloodhound. Foutunately I have the latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection and it immediately qurrantined it.

If you have nothing to detect viruses and such, You can probably still find a version for win98 on www.avast.com I don't know if they still support 98 but you can take a look.

NYCe
08-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Can someone post a link to the thread

lookin
08-08-2008, 11:45 PM
What is the best antivirus software to use? Anything free?

NYCe
08-08-2008, 11:46 PM
The THREAD not the link

dan_drade
08-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Opps,
Try this one. Sorry about that. http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=36269

dan_drade
08-08-2008, 11:51 PM
What is the best antivirus software to use? Anything free?I think the best free one is avast. But the best paid one is the new version of Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11.0.2 (not to be confused with any of the Norton antivirus products).

NYCe
08-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks. I removed the links.

NYBURBS
08-09-2008, 12:13 AM
What is the best antivirus software to use? Anything free?I think the best free one is avast. But the best paid one is the new version of Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11.0.2 (not to be confused with any of the Norton antivirus products).

There are a few. I use the free version of AVG, and it hasn't let me down. Others use kaspersky or nod32.

peggygee
08-09-2008, 01:24 AM

There are a few. I use the free version of AVG, and it hasn't let me down. Others use kaspersky or nod32.

AVG is great free anti virus software, you can d/l it here http://www.grisoft.com/

For free adware, spyware, malware protection try: Ad-Aware http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Spybot search and destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

For a free firewall, ZoneAlarm http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/zonealarm_free_firewall.jsp

rawrr
08-09-2008, 01:32 AM
Are you referring to the thread titled Huge hung shemale??

What exactly did you do to make you think you caught something?

I didn't pick up any virus from that thread. But then again I didn't try to download anything from it and i DON'T use the internet extorter either (and I still use winBlows 98 because I hate XP).

Safe computer sex, - it's almost as important as safe real sex! :P

XP is supported and Windows 98 isn't and why the hell are people still using Windows 98?

Windows XP runs on alot of old computers very well now so you might as well upgrade to it.

Lick UR Lovely
08-09-2008, 03:37 AM
I did pick up a bad cookie or spyware on HA that keeps saying my ISP is about to be cancelled if you dont provide your credit card information.

BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!

dan_drade
08-09-2008, 03:39 AM
I did pick up a bad cookie or spyware on HA that keeps saying my ISP is about to be cancelled if you dont provide your credit card information.

BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!

I doubt that you picked it up from HA, but you may have got it from one of the bazillion links that get posted here everyday.

Lick UR Lovely
08-09-2008, 03:52 AM
HERE's some spyware floating around and watching you!

:D

baileyandkc
08-09-2008, 06:46 PM
no, it was my fault for clicking on the link..

Needed to buy a new PC anyway...this just speeds up the timetable I guess!

wasn't going to go on the net with the other one to see if I had picked up the Bloodhound...was running scans with Avast 4.7...

But anything I can get buy on a cd, that's compatible with Win 98, that I can install and run to get try to get rid of the Bloodhound in the interim, until a new PC arrives?

ARMANIXXX
08-09-2008, 06:51 PM

wasn't going to go on the net with the other one to see if I had picked up the Bloodhound...was running scans with Avast 4.7...

But anything I can get buy on a cd, that's compatible with Win 98, that I can install and run to get try to get rid of the Bloodhound in the interim, until a new PC arrives?

Are you using Explorer or Firefox?

NYBURBS
08-09-2008, 07:09 PM

Are you using Explorer or Firefox?

Yea I was going to ask him the same thing. I run firefox, I know I clicked on that link but pretty sure the script was blocked from running. I finished 2 scans so far of my PC and no virus was detected.

baileyandkc
08-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Firefox...

It's an old computer, with old McAfee virus scan on it from '06, so not sure a scan will tell if there's anything on it..I know the page didn't fully load after I clicked on the link so not sure if that meant Firefox blocked it or not..

pst933
08-13-2008, 05:58 AM
Try this one:

Trend Micro House call

Its free!

sirmartinfrobisher
08-13-2008, 06:46 AM
don't forget that the antivirus program is only as good as its updates, I run symantec corporate with it set to update daily, a friend has his set to update hourly (yes! it's possible running a defsget script)
I ran AVG but I got a lot of false hits with it so I went back to corporate, the linkscanner used my bandwidth and slowed down my surfing. There has been a lot of criticism of the link scanner on the forums, particularly from corporate users who find their bandwidth soaring