PDA

View Full Version : TS Nina Poon Appearing In the New Kenneth Cole Campaign

AllanahStarrNYC
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I think this is WONDERFUL!

My long time friend Nina Poon, a friend I went to college with, is featured int he new Kenneth Cole ads that will be featured nation wide, including Vanity Fair.

Another ground breaking moment in TS achievements.

Check out the video:

http://www.kennethcole.com/content/index.jsp?page=advertising/bio4.aspx&h=550&w=898

slinky
08-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Wow, that was great.

I did find it kind of ironic when she was talking about society and "labels" in something trying to sell a label (a designer label, but a label nonetheless).

AsiaMei
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
thats a great look, she is beautiful.
her shih tzu is too cute as well. =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBDPfg6cplc

Justawannabe
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Very cool, great story...

Sean

ted naves
08-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Awesome.....

flabbybody
08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
back in the 80's, KC was one of the first celebs to talk about the AIDS epidemic in New York way before it become a fashionable topic among the Hollywood phonies

JANIRA
08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
I am so elated to see such postive things like this , and to be giving the TG community the such good media platform it needs & deserves , instead of the negetive Bull we have so been acustom too. Being that I am from Miami aswell, and that I know Nina & Allanah When they where the toast of South beach Nightlife, and where I, a young hatchling at the time l, would see them and be in total awe and be utterly facinated, ...... as i still am today!

peggygee
08-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Allanah, thanks so much for this.

You've made my day, heck you've
made my week :wink:

timxxx
08-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Wow cool,I'm just wondering if it wouldn't have been better,if they didn't make a issue of her being a transsexual. Just a beautiful woman.

MrsKellyPierce
08-07-2008, 03:30 AM
awe yay, go girl!

Celeste
08-07-2008, 04:10 AM
she is BEAUTIFUL :claps

toolegitforu
08-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Its like I've said before. Entertainment is the biggest joke there is. It has literally become a circus.

indeed
08-07-2008, 04:49 AM
thats a good pic. Anyone who has seen her in person knows shes not that. I too am a long time friend of hers and obviously would never spew venom at her

BlackMath
08-07-2008, 04:59 AM
I love the outfit. (Her partners, not so much, but blah).

This is a really nice campaign. Nina looks like a supermodel.

Did anyone check out the other people in the campaign?

I thought that "Punk for Jesus" would be some conservative tool, but he was really amazing.

All these people seem great. It's cool they stuck Matisyahu in there, he's a bit of a hero of mine.

There is something that kind of makes you think about how these peoples stories are being exploited for Kenneth Coles publicity, but I think the residual effect makes up for it.

toolegitforu
08-07-2008, 05:08 AM
I love the outfit. (Her partners, not so much, but blah).

This is a really nice campaign. Nina looks like a supermodel.

Did anyone check out the other people in the campaign?

I thought that "Punk for Jesus" would be some conservative tool, but he was really amazing.

All these people seem great. It's cool they stuck Matisyahu in there, he's a bit of a hero of mine.

There is something that kind of makes you think about how these peoples stories are being exploited for Kenneth Coles publicity, but I think the residual effect makes up for it.Thats modern day entertainment. Its not about talent, its all about money and exploiting others to make a buck. Remember William Hung? American Idol? Need I say more.

mwilliams001us
08-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Congrats Nina, you look great.

milehightslove
08-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Wow, I wouldn't mind getting some of Nina's poon.

OEMEnemyNum1
08-07-2008, 07:23 AM
:jawdrop Awesome, very very good stuff

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Nina is simply awesome! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Solitary Brother
08-07-2008, 07:33 AM
She is a very hot young lady and I am very happy for her success.
She was/is an xtravaganza and we all know what that house gives as far as crossover success.
There are OTHERS that shall remain nameless FOR NOW that I think will have grand moments like this.
She is realness down too.

NYTSJulie
08-07-2008, 07:38 AM
that is wonderful

Nowhere
08-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Very Positive.

An A+ for KC and thanks for Allanah for pointing this out to everyone here.

EyeCumInPiece
08-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Thats awesome. Shes gorgeous enough to be in any campaign for any brand i can think of.

salvador
08-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Wonderfully lovely positive story !

ted naves
08-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Its like I've said before. Entertainment is the biggest joke there is. It has literally become a circus.

TRue

ottorocket
08-07-2008, 09:56 AM
She has a great last name :)

tsntx
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
what a great story... ty for sharing.... so inspiring!

ive followed her artwork around for at least a couple years since seeing it displayed on ur myspace at one time... simply amazing -j

hwbs
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
:claps :claps :claps

Tomfurbs
08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Stuff like this is fucking awesome!

MrsKellyPierce
08-07-2008, 07:41 PM
thats a good pic. Anyone who has seen her in person knows shes not that. I too am a long time friend of hers and obviously would never spew venom at her well that is the point of a modeling pic to show your best poses and best angles and best beauty. And she looks exactly how she looks in the video in that pic. So I don't know what you are referring to?? Maybe the change of lighting?

Shes gorgeous and has a nice voice. If you were her friend you wouldn't put something like that out.

AllanahStarrNYC
08-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I am not understanding some of the negative responses.

The fashion business- is just that- a business. We are all in some sort of business to make money. Everyone is selling something. BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT

What's wrong with promoting difference, tolerance. and social advocacy in business?

The Kenneth Cole company has a long history of doing both.

They have the platform and budget to do so- and are willing to do so- so bravo to them.

Let's rejoice in these small wonders that transsexuals are awarded
instead of being constipated by negativity.

MrsKellyPierce
08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Amen ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

whatsupwithat
08-08-2008, 02:13 AM
yay, nina! and robert! and us! :)

vietboy
08-08-2008, 03:26 AM
her shih tzu is too cute as well. =]
I'd like to see a picture of her kitty cat. I wonder if she shaves her kitty.

Luna555
08-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Wow cool,I'm just wondering if it wouldn't have been better,if they didn't make a issue of her being a transsexual. Just a beautiful woman.

I think its great that she actually did this. I am really proad of everything that is happening in the t community. I feel like anything is possible now. Thank you for sharing.

Celeste
08-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Whoa! Just read the part, wher eit says she will be in a movie, with Channing Tatum... OMIGOD... Im soooo Jealous :wink: Go Nina!

AllanahStarrNYC
08-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Allanah,

Which negative responses are you talking about? I read one response that questioned KC's reasons behind the ad. But that was one response. All the other responses were positive, enthusiastic, and supportive. I agree, let's rejoice over the positive posts and not get hung up over one response.

I am not understanding some of the negative responses.

The fashion business- is just that- a business. We are all in some sort of business to make money. Everyone is selling something. BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT

What's wrong with promoting difference, tolerance. and social advocacy in business?

The Kenneth Cole company has a long history of doing both.

They have the platform and budget to do so- and are willing to do so- so bravo to them.

Let's rejoice in these small wonders that transsexuals are awarded
instead of being constipated by negativity.

I did not single you, nor anyone else out.
I didn't think you wrote anything negative.

RYx
08-08-2008, 05:36 AM
congrats to nina~

AllanahStarrNYC
08-08-2008, 05:57 AM
And just to whom ever thinks she doesnt look good -she does.

hwbs
08-08-2008, 05:38 PM
enjoy !!!!!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=SGDp_WtF_Ew

whatsupwithat
08-08-2008, 06:29 PM

I think its great that she actually did this. I am really proad of everything that is happening in the t community. I feel like anything is possible now. Thank you for sharing.

Amen. And the more we come together as the "t" community...and are proud of it...the farther we will go!

Nina will also be appearing in the docuseries, 't" along with Allanah, Dina, and many others. For those that aren't aware of this upcoming series on trans women in NYC, you can see the trailer and learn more at:

www.beingT.com

:)

vietboy
08-09-2008, 09:32 PM
yay, nina! and robert! and us! :)

What does "us" have to do with Nina's success?
Why are you trying to share credit for Nina's success with her?
Give the woman her due and stop trying to step into the limelight!

hwbs
08-09-2008, 09:38 PM
i think the us he is referring to is the mention of the "T" series in which he is partners with in making....so relax my friend...

vietboy
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
i think the us he is referring to is the mention of the "T" series in which he is partners with in making....so relax my friend...

I stipulate that Nina is a natural superstar and that her success would have occurred whether the T series happened or not.

I'm not putting down the T series, but I think Nina's potential is far, far greater than that little documentary.

Like I said, give the woman her due. No one else needs to prance onstage while she's shining during the Kenneth Cole ad campaign.

Just my 2 cents.